vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:13 pm

Post by vollkan »

KradDrol wrote: First off, we're nowhere close to lynching anyone, so whatever.
That is not the point. At all. You hadn't posted anything, which gives rise to a legitimate concern that you are intending on lurking.
KradDrol wrote: Second, there is very little if anything for me to build off that hasn't already been brought up. You guys post quickly, there's very little I can do about that, especially since I'm either working or sleeping during the normal times you'd be posting.
That may be the case. I would still prefer you to say why you agree with what has been said (since that is the presumption that arises if you say you do not need to comment), rather than just saying nothing.
KradDrol wrote: Thirdly, would you rather that I post constantly with very little content, or only when I actually have something significant to say? If you want me to mentally masturbate on this thread, I'd be happy to do so, but I don't think anyone wants to be party to that.
False dichotomy.

One can post frequently without going into "mental masturbation" (I don't think I'll inquire as to why you associate extreme frequency with masturbation :? ).
KradDrol wrote: Lastly, I have noticed that you seem to be votejumping a lot (AKA the DD vote, leaving the spurgistan wagon). Also, you seem to be fomenting confusion among the thread by trying to derail conversations of actions taken in thread with attempts at starting meta discussion. Thanks, but I'd rather not discuss the merits of FoS as opposed to voting in the middle of an active thread.
I used the Mafia Parser (click here to use it as well) to see just how serious Mills' alleged vote-hopping is.

voting activity Actions by vollkan:

* vollkan votes kraddrol in post 3
* vollkan unvotes in post 29
* vollkan votes spurgistan in post 29
* vollkan unvotes in post 37

Actions by mills:

* mills votes spurgistan in post 8
* mills unvotes in post 34
* mills votes deaths door in post 34

Actions by mookeh:

* mookeh votes vollkan in post 14
* mookeh unvotes in post 53

Actions by hypatia:

* hypatia votes jennar in post 17
* hypatia votes spurgistan in post 30
* hypatia unvotes in post 54

Actions by deaths door:

* deaths door votes spurgistan in post 27
* deaths door unvotes in post 57
* deaths door suspects mills in post 57

Actions by spurgistan:

* spurgistan votes deaths door in post 5

Actions by dean harper:

* dean harper votes mr president in post 7

Actions by jennar:

* jennar votes mookeh in post 13

Actions by mr president:

* mr president votes hypatia in post 15

Actions by kraddrol:

* kraddrol votes ythill in post 16
* kraddrol votes mills in post 73

Actions by ythill:

* ythill votes mills in post 49

Needless to say, Mills is not a unique offender in respect of vote-hopping (If you really want to call 2 votes vote-hopping). True, both of his votes were serious ones, but I don't see how that bears any contingency on his actions being scummy.

As for your suggestion that he was trying to "derail" the game with his question on FoSes, let me just say that you are stretching things. It wasn't as though his few meta remarks actually caused any tangible disruption. Also, I don't like that you instantly use the word "derail" to imply perfidious intent, with no evidentiary basis for saying so.

Votecount up to Post 75

Death's Door (2) - spurgistan, Mills
Mills (2) - Ythill, KradDrol
Hypatia (1) - Mr. President
Mookeh (1) - Jennar
Mr. President (1) - Dean Harper

Not Voting (5) - Death's Door, Hypatia, klebian, Mookeh, vollkan

7 to lynch.
Mills
Mills
Goon
Mills
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:16 pm

Post by Mills »

I'm not going to comment in any great detail because vollkan already said anything that I would say in response to KradDrol's last post. Suffice to say that I had an incredulous smile on my face the whole time I was reading it.

Regarding the downtime, as much as I hate that you won't be posting for another week or so, I suspect that you won't be the only player in this boat. I may not like it but I accept it - everyone has family to attend to at this time of year. :)
Games Won:
Town ([color=green]4/4[/color])
Mafia ([color=red]3/3[/color])
Other ([color=blue]1/1[/color])
Mills
Mills
Goon
Mills
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:22 pm

Post by Mills »

vollkan wrote:
Needless to say, Mills is not a unique offender in respect of vote-hopping (If you really want to call 2 votes vote-hopping). True, both of his votes were serious ones, but I don't see how that bears any contingency on his actions being scummy.
I just want to quickly point out that my first vote for spurgistan was not a serious one. Indeed, how could it be at that early stage? As I have said, I voted 'to get information' because it is how I am accustomed to playing. It was not serious in the sense that the vote was placed because I thought he was scum.

I will also reiterate that my vote for Death's Door
was
a serious one - albeit with what I freely admit is a weak reason (in the sense that it is only a gut feeling). Like I said, I don't expect everyone to agree with my vote when it is based on an inherently
personal
reason.

Sorry to rehash but I wanted to make it completely clear again since the both of you recently suggested that the first vote was serious and/or part of vote-hopping.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:52 pm

Post by vollkan »

Mills wrote:
I just want to quickly point out that my first vote for spurgistan was not a serious one.
Indeed, how could it be at that early stage? As I have said, I voted 'to get information' because it is how I am accustomed to playing. It was not serious in the sense that the vote was placed because I thought he was scum.

I will also reiterate that my vote for Death's Door was a serious one - albeit with what I freely admit is a weak reason (in the sense that it is only a gut feeling).
Like I said, I don't expect everyone to agree with my vote when it is based on an inherently personal reason.

Sorry to rehash but I wanted to make it completely clear again since the both of you recently suggested that the first vote was serious and/or part of vote-hopping.
Thankyou for clearing that up :) Your vote "was not a serious one" but it "was a serious one".

Don't worry, I know what you mean. When I said your vote was "serious" I just meant based on some form of suspicion (Basically just not completely jocular or random) - not that you actually suspected DD.
Mookeh
Mookeh
Goon
Mookeh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:54 pm

Post by Mookeh »

Mills wrote:As I have said, I voted 'to get information' because it is how I am accustomed to playing. It was not serious in the sense that the vote was placed because I thought he was scum.
This is the way we play it over here as well (not sure if you were referring to previous experiences on different sites). I never consider the initial baiting phase a scumtell - in fact, I consider it legitimate scumhunting and am wary of whoever criticizes it.

I only got a few posts in so far, but I'm not a lurker - you guys are just posting at a high rate.

Few comments:
I personally feel a little safe with Mills around because of this post:
I don't. Mills' criticism of KradDrol is justified, but I used the same criticism in a previous game when I was scum. It's not a tell either way, I'm afraid.
I agree here with vollkan. The purpose of a early wagon is to get discussion going, as it seems to have done. Though Ythill seems to think this is scummy, i feel it is standard after reading many games.
And I agree with you both. As I pointed out above, an early bandwagon just fires up the discussion. It's also the earliest point for scum to try and scapegoat someone - either by jumping on the bandwagon or firing at those already on it.

For what's it worth, I don't consider Hypathia's posts scummy at this point. Especially #72 seems candid.
I don't think I'll inquire as to why you associate extreme frequency with masturbation.
Owned.

Also, lurkers come out and play? WLOL and such.
Why so serious?
Mills
Mills
Goon
Mills
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:34 am

Post by Mills »

Mookeh wrote:
I personally feel a little safe with Mills around because of this post:
I don't. Mills' criticism of KradDrol is justified, but I used the same criticism in a previous game when I was scum. It's not a tell either way, I'm afraid.
1. I agree with this statement wholeheartedly. It's not a tell either way because both town or scum could make a post like that. I want to make that absolutely clear before I move onto point 2.

2. I can definitely see scum making that point though as a way to discredit any trust that another player (in this case myself I guess) might have built up (with whoever made that post - I don't even remember!). And if I were scum looking to make a post like the one you just did, I would probably make the same blanket statement such as "I used the same criticism in a previous game when I was scum" whether it was true or not. If you are town, you have no reason to lie and if you are scum you
could
be making the 'evidence' up as a way to credit your post. Could you please link to the previous game you were in as scum where you made a post such as this?

I hope that explanation made sense. Complicated logic arguments are always so difficult to explain when typed. :evil:
Mookeh
Mookeh
Goon
Mookeh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:42 am

Post by Mookeh »

Mills wrote:Could you please link to the previous game you were in as scum where you made a post such as this?
Sure. Newbie 496 is the game in question. Post #89. And damn you for making me look that up. :roll:
Why so serious?
Mills
Mills
Goon
Mills
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:52 am

Post by Mills »

I know! I was just thinking that... setting Mafia
homework
and so close to Christmas too! :)

Thanks - I'll check it out.
Games Won:
Mookeh
Mookeh
Goon
Mookeh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:13 am

Post by Mookeh »

Specifically referring to the 'looking for a nice speedlynch, or a bandwagon to jump on?' bit. I was trying to plant some seeds of doubt in a Townie in that game, and I was succesful - he got lynched. Mind you, I lost that game anyway.

Not saying that Mills is scum because of that - like I said, it's a non-tell. I'm just getting the impression that some people might get carried away a bit and I'm emphasizing to keep your eye on everyone just now. Last time I was a Townie and we disregarded someone because he seemed so innocent,
he
turned out to be Scum. Open 45 if you want a bit more meta.
Why so serious?
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:43 am

Post by Dean Harper »

hey, it would be really helpful if you guys could quote things by opening a separate window where you quote and write about it and then cut and paste into your post window. That would just make it easier to see who you are quoting, and you wont have to type it in.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

-- Rose Nadler, 'Through the Looking Glass' (Lost)
Jennar
Jennar
Goon
Jennar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:47 am

Post by Jennar »

I'm here and reading but due to the last minute Christmas shopping for the wife I have not been able to sit down and do a real post about my thoughts thus far. I should have everything done within 24 hours or so and will post something nice, long and juicy for you guys to dissect unto the end of days.

-Geoff
[url]http://www.House-Aedroud.com[/url]
Small site with Odd Mafia variants.
Mookeh
Mookeh
Goon
Mookeh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:27 pm

Post by Mookeh »

Dean Harper wrote:hey, it would be really helpful if you guys could quote things by opening a separate window where you quote and write about it and then cut and paste into your post window. That would just make it easier to see who you are quoting, and you wont have to type it in.
I don't know if you're referring to me, but I'd rather not quote posts from other games. People will get so confused. I normally quote when I reply though.
Why so serious?
Mills
Mills
Goon
Mills
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:06 pm

Post by Mills »

Mookeh wrote:
Dean Harper wrote:hey, it would be really helpful if you guys could quote things by opening a separate window where you quote and write about it and then cut and paste into your post window. That would just make it easier to see who you are quoting, and you wont have to type it in.
I don't know if you're referring to me, but I'd rather not quote posts from other games. People will get so confused. I normally quote when I reply though.
I think he just wants us to be careful with our BBCode so that we always say who we are quoting. Some quotes above mention who we quoted, some don't (ie. they just say "Quote:").
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:19 pm

Post by vollkan »

Mills wrote: I think he just wants us to be careful with our BBCode so that we always say who we are quoting. Some quotes above mention who we quoted, some don't (ie. they just say "Quote:").
If the amount of quotes-within-quotes is getting too much for you to manually write out the coding, just click the little button which says "quote" at the top right of every post (I think this is what Dean was referring to).

Clicking the button opens up a fully coded quote of a post, which you can then just copy all of into your post as you type, to save time and effort (and to prevent writing the wrong player names in)
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:54 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

Mills wrote:
Mookeh wrote:
I think he just wants us to be careful with our BBCode so that we always say who we are quoting. Some quotes above mention who we quoted, some don't (ie. they just say "Quote:").

Yeah I just want people to know who is quoting who. I never said anything about other games :)
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:55 am

Post by Ythill »

In #65, Mills wrote:
KradDrol wrote:Not really. Bunch of random votes followed by two days of discussion on mafia theory and playstyles. Very little of substance to go off of.
Is this all you are going to post until someone else gets lynched and you feel you can contribute?
I agree with Mills’ sentiment but not his point about someone getting lynched. Here is a reality check for town: a non-retractable deadline means that lurking and low-content posts are more reliable as scumtells. Either one is, in essence, a vote for no lynch. I challenge all of our less-than-talkative players to post their opinions regarding those who have been more active. What are your current reads on Dean, Hypatia, Mills, Mookeh, vollkan and/or myself? Do you have any questions for one or more of us?
In #49, I wrote:@ vollkan... Of the three people you questioned, who do you see as the most suspect and why? Will you back up your early suspicions with a vote?
I would still like an answer to at least the first question here, either in context (as of #49) or a current read of your most suspicious person.
In 68, Dean Harper wrote:I personally feel a little safe with Mills around...
Immediately after this (48 minutes later, in #69) you turn around to cast suspicion on Mills. What changed your mind? What is your current read on vollkan?
In #57, Death's Door wrote:...I'm at least giving a FoS Mills... I'm also in general going to tell all those arguing with him that it isn't really getting anywhere... I'm thinking we need to get off this before it consumes even more of our day.
I do agree that the Mills inquisition had outlived its usefulness, however it seems suspect for you to say so in the same post which you FoS him. It’s like saying,
You’re scummy but let’s talk about something else.
What was your intention here? What is your current read on Hypatia?
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:16 am

Post by vollkan »

Ythill wrote: In #49, I wrote:
Ythill wrote: @ vollkan... Of the three people you questioned, who do you see as the most suspect and why? Will you back up your early suspicions with a vote?
I would still like an answer to at least the first question here, either in context (as of #49) or a current read of your most suspicious person.
Sorry, I didn't see this at the time.

I questioned Mills, Hypatia and yourself I believe. It's difficult for me to say who I find most "suspicious" (either in context or current).

In context: Probably Mills for wrongly suggesting I had inferred something and the random/OMGUS issue. I would not back this up with a vote because I do not think it is voteworthy (or even FoS-worthy). My questioning at that stage was basically to open up a line of debate.

Currently: KradDrol for what seems to be a contrived upon Mills (and contrived attacks are something tangibly scummy). Voteworthy? Not yet, but it is the first thing I seriously take issue with.
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:44 pm

Post by klebian »

Just want to let you guys know that I am almost done rereading and will be posting my thoughts today
Jennar
Jennar
Goon
Jennar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:53 pm

Post by Jennar »

It seems that every game I get into on this forum wastes at least one to two pages debating basic of wagons and scum tells. Its obvious that everyone has different playstyles and different ideas of what is and is not a scum tell.
Ythill wrote:Here is a reality check for town: a non-retractable deadline means that lurking and low-content posts are more reliable as scumtells. Either one is, in essence, a vote for no lynch.
I'm used to non-retractable deadlines where I have played before, its just how we play. However there is still a certain amount of strategy to be gained from a careful amount of lurking. By doing so you can pull out eager mafia looking for easy targets to turn the town on and force easy day one mislynches with plausible deniablity. Not saying thats what you are up to but it doesn't make you look less guilty to me either.

So I am curious Ythill as to whom do you think is intentionally lurking and who is just asleep at the wheel?
Ythill wrote:I challenge all of our less-than-talkative players to post their opinions regarding those who have been more active. What are your current reads on Dean, Hypatia, Mills, Mookeh, vollkan and/or myself? Do you have any questions for one or more of us?
Basically, you are all scum. This not a case of innocent till proven guilty but rather guilty till proven innocent. It is the safest basis for an opinion and is how I play. You need to prove to me that you are town. Now on this site this playstyle does not sit well with many so I won't be hurt if you want to rip into me about it.
KradDrol wrote: Thirdly, would you rather that I post constantly with very little content, or only when I actually have something significant to say? If you want me to mentally masturbate on this thread, I'd be happy to do so, but I don't think anyone wants to be party to that.
I dislike this statement as it draws for scum tells I've seen in the past. You are asking the town what would be a good strength and frequency to post as to not be determined scum. Anytime anyone asks for input on the town on how to play as to appear less suspicious is a scum tell to me.

As such I would like to know KD if you think your own posting has been frequent enough or do you feel that you should post more or less and why?
Dean Herper wrote:
vollkan wrote:
="Ythill"
About that wagon on Spurg: voting without a reason, bandwagoning, and following are all a bit scummy. What are you trying to accomplish here?
Why is a wagon scummy?
I agree here with vollkan. The purpose of a early wagon is to get discussion going, as it seems to have done. Though Ythill seems to think this is scummy, i feel it is standard after reading many games.
As much as I hate to get back into the whole Wagon is/is not scummy debate I feel the need to point something out here that bothers me. anytime you set down a label of what should and should not be considered a scum tell you are setting a bad precedent. The reason being is that you are giving the scum a pattern to follow by which they can not arouse suspicion. Bandwagoning can be a scum tell as can following. They can both be passed off as pressure for the sake of information but they can also be a means for scum to hide amongst town for cover.

So the question becomes Dean and Volkan is in this case do you feel that the wagon was legitimate means of pressure or a means to hide more nefarious intentions?

-J

p.s. Just so you know I'm not unvoting or moving my vote as I do not feel that I need to at this time.
[url]http://www.House-Aedroud.com[/url]
Small site with Odd Mafia variants.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:05 pm

Post by vollkan »

Jennar wrote: Basically, you are all scum. This not a case of innocent till proven guilty but rather guilty till proven innocent. It is the safest basis for an opinion and is how I play. You need to prove to me that you are town. Now on this site this playstyle does not sit well with many so I won't be hurt if you want to rip into me about it.
I don't have a problem with this playstyle.

My own system is to have a % rating (which I give when I make scumdar posts). Each person starts at 50% and shifts accordingly based on what I think of their behaviour, though I admit that I am usually very reluctant to accept things as so-called "town tells", which means most people end up above the 50%.

Thus, my system is sort of "neutral until proven innocent or guilty"
Jennar wrote: As much as I hate to get back into the whole Wagon is/is not scummy debate I feel the need to point something out here that bothers me. anytime you set down a label of what should and should not be considered a scum tell you are setting a bad precedent. The reason being is that you are giving the scum a pattern to follow by which they can not arouse suspicion. Bandwagoning can be a scum tell as can following. They can both be passed off as pressure for the sake of information but they can also be a means for scum to hide amongst town for cover.

So the question becomes Dean and Volkan is in this case do you feel that the wagon was legitimate means of pressure or a means to hide more nefarious intentions?
Bandwagoning and following can both be tells, but they usually require other factors in order to make them so (ie. evident opportunism). Bandwagoning itself is harmless and, in my opinion, highly productive - the trick is to know when any particular vote is scummy, or when the maintaining of a particular vote is scummy (hypothetical example: if somebody keeps their vote down when a player is at L-1, despite not having raised any lynch-worthy arguments).

So, basically, I think wagons can be legitimate or nefarious, depending on the size and purpose of the wagon and the nature of the votes.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:52 pm

Post by Ythill »

Thanks to everyone who answered my questions.
In 93, Jennar wrote:I am curious Ythill as to whom do you think is intentionally lurking and who is just asleep at the wheel?
Anyone who hasn’t posted much could be intentionally lurking. Sort of like what you say of your playstyle, we’re looking at a case of guilty until proven innocent. This was one of the reasons for my challenge to everyone.

That said, KD and Bush (my nick for Mr. President) have both made comments about how they have nothing to say, which seems more like active lurking than the others. Sig:noise is another lurk indicator, the worst offenders being KD (@ 1:3) and Dean (@ 4:5). KD being in all three categories, as well as his reaction to Mills on the subject, is the reason why I quoted him at the top of my last post.

The only ones I would excuse from
any
suspicion of lurking are Hypatia (10 posts @ 7:3), Mills (18 posts @ 7:2), vollkan (16 posts @ 7:1), and myself (12 posts @ 1:0, counting this one).

On the topic of Mills behavior in general, which I have been contemplating... The only definitive conclusion I've reached is that Mills tends to make quick reaction posts without thinking them through but makes more reasonable arguments if he takes a little time. This doesn't speak to his alignment but may help us avoid false reads later. As for my vote, it will remain for now because I see no reason to remove it.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:27 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

What does 4:5 mean?

In response to Jennar, I do believe the wagon in this thrrad was used for info purposes. However, I also believe they can be used for scummy intentions.

Mills
Mills
Goon
Mills
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:33 pm

Post by Mills »

I assume he is saying that for every 9 posts you make, 4 contain content and 5 do not.
Games Won:
Mills
Mills
Goon
Mills
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:34 pm

Post by Mills »

I'm taking a break for 24-48 hours. Don't expect to see any content from me but I'll still read every so often. I'll make a largish post when I 'return'.
Games Won:
Death's Door
Death's Door
Townie
Death's Door
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:35 pm

Post by Death's Door »

Hey all. I didn't post for the past 2 days because quite frankly, I almost got a headache after getting home from work and seeing pages of rambling. However, I re-read the thread and noted what everyone said, so I think I can give a legitimate analysis now. These are in no particular order, only the order I wrote names down as I read the first few pages.

vollkan: I don't like how vollkan has been playing. I may be alone in this, but he seems to be way too aggressive in his posting. When he sees something scummy he jumps on it with a vengeance. This may or may not be scummy, but I'm not liking it right now, even if it did jump start our discussions. In particular, how he catapulted the theory discussion with Mills and how he has questinoed many player's first responses so intensely.

Ythill: He was the biggest opponent to Mills in the argument over the vote on me. He accused Mills of vote hopping even though he only made 2 votes total, and says Mills jumped off the wagon once a little suspicion was given to it. Although I agree that this was sort of scummy, I don't think Ythill really questioned the wagon seriously enough to warrent the attention of scum. If Mills jumped off for that reason, I don't think it was very well thought out.

Also, while I'm at it, to respond to Ythill: I suspected Mills, but I didn't want the endless discussion of his vote to be the only thing we looked at. I'm not saying ignore my reason for suspicion, but rather not focus on it as the only thing we ever talk about.

spurgistan: My notes are non-existant on spurg. It is the holidays, so I suspect we won't be hearing from him for a little while, but when he returns I fully expect a detailed response to what has been going on in the thread. Lurking is bad, but lurking with a non-retractable deadline is worse. Let's see some of your opinion.

Dean Harper: Dean hasn't really contributed all that much, even though he isn't lurking. He thought Mills was pro-town because he questioned KradDrol's lurking, but that doesn't seem like more than a gut feeling, and I agree with Jennar's argument against that logic. Other than that, he has re-hashed the suspicion of Hypatia's wagon comment and Ythill and vollkan's questioning of Mills' vote on me. Blending in is not good, and I'd like to see Dean distinguish himself from the pack a bit more.

Mills: Ah, Mills, the focal point of day 1. He drew a great deal of attention and negative feedback to himself with his vote on me and to a lesser extent his withdrawel from the spurg wagon. At first I saw this suspicion as quite silly and gave some suspicion to it, but after a re-read of the thread it seems players jumped on him for it a little too much. It was vote 2 out of 7 to lynch me, and he even said it was based on gut feeling at a time where you can't really go off much more, yet we all, including me, leapt on him for it. He has made some other questionable remarks, such as his suspicion of KradDrol for not joining in on the almost useless theory discussion, but after looking at it I don't think Mills is as scummy as I first thought.

Hypatia: I've noticed only two things really from Hypatia. One, she gave the fourth vote in the spurg wagon. Two, she gave some logic on bandwagons. The first was questioned because she asked spurg to respond, which I don't find unreasonable at all. If the point of a bandwagon is to get a reaction, then why would we continue a wagon without seeing the voted person's opinion first? That's what I took from the comment, and that's why I didn't see it as scummy. The second was questioned as a possible hint to a second scum, which at that point in the day doesn't seem warranted. Hypatia had to explain that what, 3 or 4 times? Yet she still gets questions on it. Because she didn't fully explain her comment on the nature of bandwagons the first time, she had to explain it over and over? No, this does not mean I have her exonerated from suspicion, just that these two focal points seem like silly things to focus on.

Jennar: He lurked for a long time, but his first real post had some good logic to it. I disagree with his first point about lurking to bait scum, as town will jump on that as eagerly as scum will, but the other argument (the two points were essentially the same), which said that setting a precedent for scum that lets the mafia mold their play style, is spot on. We have to play knowing that not only is the mafia reading, they are actively contributing to the discussion, and anything we warn to each other is warned equally to the bad guys. Now the thing I don't like about Jennar is that although his points were spurred by events in this game, he has yet to focus on what has actually occurred in the day as opposed to just talking about pitfalls to avoid. I'd like to see Jennar talk some about the players in the game and not just false logic spread in it.

Mookeh: He hasn't distinguished himself very much either. All he has really said from what I saw was basically that Mills' questioning of KadDrol's lurking isn't a scum-tell nor a town-tell, which I agree with to a certain extent. Scum can "scumhunt" just as much as town can, but they can only legitimately do it for so long before they lead the town to actual mafia players. You are correct in that one instance of scumhunting isn't an automatic town tell, but if he keeps it up it sure makes him look a lot better than other candidates. Aside from that comment, like Dean, you really haven't stood out in my mind, which I hope you can change soon.

Mr. President: The worst lurker of the bunch. Unlike spurg who hasn't been here at all, or KradDrol who purposely sat out of the theory debate, Mr. has only silently watched without contributing ANYTHING to the discussion other than one or two "hey, I'm here" posts. You can read, Mr. President, so I know you have seen what has occured here, and you can write, so I know you can comment on what you feel, so do so. Preferrably NOW.

KradDrol: After a period of lurking, which he says was intentional as to avoid joining the theory debate, he makes a few claims. One, he accuses Mills of trying to "derail" conversation with the theory debate, even though he ignores that it takes at least 2 people to debate and Mills wasn't the sole cause of the argument. Two, he also accuses Mills of vote hopping just as Ythill did, although once again 2 votes with over 2 dozen posts in between is hardly compelling evidence. Three, he says that the high post count isn't something he wants to keep up, and would rather post less often with more content. I agree with that third part, despite the terminology used, as posting this much makes other players feel like they can't add anything, which contributes to lurking. When 2 or 3 players speak everything that comes to mind, it sometimes leaves nothing unsaid and makes other players unable to butt in, and it also makes the town miss potentially important points amidst the avalanch of ideas. Despite agreeing with the third point, your first and second points just don't sit well with me, so I'm giving a
Fos: KradDrol
for your troubles.

klebian: He is currently reading through the thread, so I'll give him some leeway, especially since it is a lot to plow through, but I hope you can add something to the discussion once you know enough to join in.

Death's Door: Yes, Me. I only add me in here because I seem to mysteriously be getting absolutely no attention, even though I have lurked. Don't do that, please. I know I'm not scum, but you guys don't, so letting me slip under the radar is a terrible idea.

Sorry for the long post guys, but after the lurking I have done I thought it appropriate after a re-read. Question me on anything you like, as I know I didn't quote any posts.
Some solve problems by thinking and talking. Others use rocks.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”