Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:07 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 61, bugspray wrote:i think limbait is a much smaller factor this game, instead of removing "weaker" players this setup seems to have an inherent tendency to remove "stronger" players who are able to determine others' alignments. consider the 4v2 yeetlo or the 3v1 yeetlo situations that will always happen here

So ... Are you suggesting somebody should trust the limbait early so as to not leave it until yeetlo?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:08 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Right now i'm feeling like Chavela has some solvey energy while Bugspray just gives me angry scum vibes.
Big difference between genuinely asking stuff and tryin to turn anything you see into a big gotcha so can look good themselves, yuck.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:09 pm

Post by bugspray »

In post 76, Pavowski wrote:
In post 61, bugspray wrote:i think limbait is a much smaller factor this game, instead of removing "weaker" players this setup seems to have an inherent tendency to remove "stronger" players who are able to determine others' alignments. consider the 4v2 yeetlo or the 3v1 yeetlo situations that will always happen here

So ... Are you suggesting somebody should trust the limbait early so as to not leave it until yeetlo?
no. letting it sit around longer gives us more time to correctly sort it.
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:12 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 64, bugspray wrote:
In post 63, NorwegianboyEE wrote:We can still do SOCIAL DISTANCING from those we deem enemies of the state.
ok bye
In post 74, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 71, chavela wrote:
In post 68, NorwegianboyEE wrote:It might if you had waited instead of immediately questioning the question.

infinitely less value in that then just engaging enchant on other subjects whenever the opportunity presents itself

like if you fear that enchant is going to have limited activity

then giving enchant the opportunity to burn that limited activity on talking to you about their limited activity is kinda ... !!! right
Yes, i wanted to talk to them.
I feel Enchant would be an easy slot for me to read.
Like can u go 5 seconds without ranting about the seeming lack of logic behind my posts. I'm an completely illogical mad man u kno that right?
Enchant just kinda always pings scummy to me, it's probably a personal failing on my end
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:13 pm

Post by Pavowski »

And ugh my first phone posting faux pas, it probs won't be the last
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:20 pm

Post by Meuh »

Good evening everyone! Excited for this game :cool:
In post 10, Pavowski wrote:I really wanted to vote Meuh but I guess I won't
and why is that? What exactly drove you to want to cast a vote for "Meuh" on day 1 of this wonderful game of MafiaScum? Is it my name? Your unfamiliarity with me? If you're so terrified of anything new, I recommend seeking help. Being terrified of the unknown does nothing but make you miserable and limit your opportunities in life. If you keep going like this, I'm very scared for your future... :cry:

So I'd suggest you try new things, learn new words, familiarize yourself with the unknown, the unfamiliar, get joy out of it, thrill out of it, enrich yourself from it. Breaking those boundaries is how you'll improve yourself, how you'll prosper. and we all want prosperity, don't we?

I suggest you abandon your old life, erase your identity, and move to a new country. Obviously the life you're currently living doesn't let you reach your full potential, I'm sure you can achieve it! I have a lot of faith in you, Pavowski. Hoping you'll get past your intense agnostophobia and start living life to your fullest, to a point where seeing "Meuh" in a playerlist doesn't bring you fear; but satisfaction of knowing how much you've evolved and learned after living beyond your past limitations. :D
I mean this true, but I don't think it makes Norwee's point in much worse? If Enchant, like Norwee thinks, imagines themselves being limbait; it's not unrealistic that they'd be less active here? Feels like Enchant posting less would be more of a bias/not fully conscious thing rather than them actively going
"oh, I'm scum, let's just post less"
, so I doubt scum!Enchant would end up posting a lot as scum here if they have a tendency not to generally.
No clue if that's true at all, idk Enchant at all

Speaking of which this playerlist is pretty fresh to me, I've only played with Norwee and Greeting iirc, so hi all the new people!
chavela
chavela
Goon
chavela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:22 pm

Post by chavela »

In post 81, Meuh wrote:"oh, I'm scum, let's just post less"
hello!

do you not think that scum might think 'oh i'm scum, i need to post more' here though?

and what do you think about norwegianboyee seemingly not considering this?
me envolveran las sombras
chavela
chavela
Goon
chavela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:24 pm

Post by chavela »

like scum just need to get townread strongly by one person and get out yeah, to avoid having to really grind the game out,
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:24 pm

Post by Pavowski »

Spoiler:
In post 81, Meuh wrote:Good evening everyone! Excited for this game :cool:
and why is that? What exactly drove you to want to cast a vote for "Meuh" on day 1 of this wonderful game of MafiaScum? Is it my name? Your unfamiliarity with me? If you're so terrified of anything new, I recommend seeking help. Being terrified of the unknown does nothing but make you miserable and limit your opportunities in life. If you keep going like this, I'm very scared for your future... :cry:

So I'd suggest you try new things, learn new words, familiarize yourself with the unknown, the unfamiliar, get joy out of it, thrill out of it, enrich yourself from it. Breaking those boundaries is how you'll improve yourself, how you'll prosper. and we all want prosperity, don't we?

I suggest you abandon your old life, erase your identity, and move to a new country. Obviously the life you're currently living doesn't let you reach your full potential, I'm sure you can achieve it! I have a lot of faith in you, Pavowski. Hoping you'll get past your intense agnostophobia and start living life to your fullest, to a point where seeing "Meuh" in a playerlist doesn't bring you fear; but satisfaction of knowing how much you've evolved and learned after living beyond your past limitations. :D
I mean this true, but I don't think it makes Norwee's point in much worse? If Enchant, like Norwee thinks, imagines themselves being limbait; it's not unrealistic that they'd be less active here? Feels like Enchant posting less would be more of a bias/not fully conscious thing rather than them actively going
, so I doubt scum!Enchant would end up posting a lot as scum here if they have a tendency not to generally.

Speaking of which this playerlist is pretty fresh to me, I've only played with Norwee and Greeting iirc, so hi all the new people!

Holy guacamole what an entrance

I just wanted to RVS somebody but you have me over here rethinking my entire life and I was not prepared for that on a Tuesday
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:26 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 83, chavela wrote:like scum just need to get townread strongly by one person and get out yeah, to avoid having to really grind the game out,
This is not a terrible strat for either alignment imo
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:30 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 82, chavela wrote:
hello!

do you not think that scum might think 'oh i'm scum, i need to post more' here though?

The point I was making was more looking at those 2 points I was responding to in a vacuum, but yeah:

I think scum would generally want to post more, since while in a regular game it'd be fine for them to just stay a general townlean for the whole game, here they more actively benefit from being townread strongly, since it helps with leaving the game.

Also, we should also particularly watch out for pocketing/duos, right? Cause scum could be scumread by everyone but strongly trusted by one person, and poof that player is a one-way ticket to victory.
Now that I've thought about it I'm gonna be 10x more paranoid about my townreads :lol:

PEdit: oops chavela just made this exact point
chavela
chavela
Goon
chavela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:30 pm

Post by chavela »

In post 85, Pavowski wrote:
In post 83, chavela wrote:like scum just need to get townread strongly by one person and get out yeah, to avoid having to really grind the game out,
the difficulty with it as town is that... mafia are somewhat likely to be the one strongly townreading you yeah? so encouraging town to just find the obvtowns causes an unideal situation i think

so it's generally better for the towns to try to sort everyone to not give mafia ability to just pair with widely townread player that is misreading them,

but i've also put a lot of thought into this game from the mafia perspective as i have played multiple previous versions as mafia so maybe that is messing up my view of the game,
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:31 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 84, Pavowski wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 81, Meuh wrote:Good evening everyone! Excited for this game :cool:

Holy guacamole what an entrance

I just wanted to RVS somebody but you have me over here rethinking my entire life and I was not prepared for that on a Tuesday
I think that's deserved for wanting to lim me :good: :good: :good:
chavela
chavela
Goon
chavela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:32 pm

Post by chavela »

In post 88, Meuh wrote:I think that's deserved for wanting to lim me

voting you would be offering a trust fall

there are not eliminations in this game
chavela
chavela
Goon
chavela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:33 pm

Post by chavela »

In post 89, chavela wrote:voting you would be offering a trust fall
this is why that was kinda good post from pavowski

because it takes away the mafia's ability to come into game

rvs someone and be like

oops i didn't know guess i'm stuck with this as my offer for the day

and shape approach around that
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:33 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 82, chavela wrote:
hello!

The difference is that an confident player will think this.
But an unconfident one will want to try to only say townie things, thus make less posts because they hate being risky due to fear of outing their own scumminess.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:36 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 89, chavela wrote:
In post 88, Meuh wrote:I think that's deserved for wanting to lim me

voting you would be offering a trust fall

there are not eliminations in this game

I'm aware.

He explicitly said he wanted to RVS me, though, so I assumed that meant the same kind of RVS as a regular game, and he forgot about the gameplay mechanic

I'm being hyperbolic, if it's unclear :lol:
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:36 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Meuh is rly good at scum i think. I think i vaguely remember last game we were in they sounded very townie but was mafia.

- Bunno
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:38 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 87, chavela wrote:
In post 85, Pavowski wrote:
the difficulty with it as town is that... mafia are somewhat likely to be the one strongly townreading you yeah? so encouraging town to just find the obvtowns causes an unideal situation i think

so it's generally better for the towns to try to sort everyone to not give mafia ability to just pair with widely townread player that is misreading them,

but i've also put a lot of thought into this game from the mafia perspective as i have played multiple previous versions as mafia so maybe that is messing up my view of the game,
Yeah I think in this setup, it's a much worse idea to kind of let one player get townread by everyone without too much scrutiny, seems like an easy way to end up with a scum leaving ASAP
Casting a wide net of reads generally looks like a better approach than to focus down on a small amount of players here, but ig that's basically always true
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:39 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 93, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Meuh is rly good at scum i think. I think i vaguely remember last game we were in they sounded very townie but was mafia.
You're misremembering, I was widely townread, but was also town, marci was the one who managed to sneak under our radar :lol:

My only scum game ended up with me being limmed day 1 after slipping :cool:
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:42 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 95, Meuh wrote:
In post 93, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Meuh is rly good at scum i think. I think i vaguely remember last game we were in they sounded very townie but was mafia.
You're misremembering, I was widely townread, but was also town, marci was the one who managed to sneak under our radar :lol:

Hmm ok so maybe i was just very paranoid of you, and thus wrongly assumed you just were scum based on memory. Lol.

- Bunno
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:44 pm

Post by bugspray »

damn it's really hard to actuall yget good reads on people this game because town and scum have the same goal
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:45 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 96, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 95, Meuh wrote:

Hmm ok so maybe i was just very paranoid of you, and thus wrongly assumed you just were scum based on memory. Lol.
Oh yeah we were paranoid of each other, iirc we were both leading wagons on each other on day 1, both vts, so I don't fault you for remembering it like that

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=86289

this was the game
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:45 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

My goal is to find the scummiest player that is in reality town and trust them, then laugh at y'all.

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Open Games”