Newbie 1718 [Game Over!] Mafia

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:51 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Lycan, DP. read on the other, now.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:57 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 848, Lycanfire wrote:citing house when he's unclear what he was referring too is awfully lazy. if i want a confirmed townies' opinion why don't you give me yours? or is there a problem with that question?
House was referring to the same set of posts RC didn't like. I think it's clear what he's talking about, I can lay this out better if you would like me to. Since you asked, I kind of felt weird about them (the posts) too, I felt Kraska was misrepping House at the time. Now I can see more town motivation from them and I like them, but that's in retrospect and because I have a stronger read on Kraska.

And, RC, I know it's pretty tangential but it's really bothering me: Did your read on me change from D1, if so, when and why?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:12 am

I am pretty sure that you're town.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:15 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 852, RadiantCowbells wrote:I am pretty sure that you're town.
OK, thanks.

It was just really weird to be your top scumread for a long time but never getting pressured :/
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:17 am

*shrug*

If I were town I would have micromanaged my reads in such a way as to make my reads feel really organic and to have my jumps be coherent. Stuff like votes that feel dissonant from my thought processes are a towntell for me because I rigorously control for that as scum whereas when I'm town my thoughts are sort of all over the place.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:23 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

In a game of Mafia on this site, scum will rarely be the scummiest player in game. By that I mean, since we're forum based and have many systems that provide for a different, less organic experience than the party game (i.e. We have time to write posts instead of spontaneously saying it, we can filter our statements easier, we can go back to what anyone said or isolate someone's posts, we can even edit our posts when someone has posted while we made our posts to reflect what they said in conjunction to ours). With this, it's easy for scum not to be scummy, hell in many games, scum will actively make their posts look the least scummy in the game, hence House's logic of looking towards the motivation rather than the content. The content of one's posts will never be the main reason why they will be scum, thus the best scum play is to barely provide any content whatsoever. The only time scum will really look scummy is if they are being read and are closed to being lynched, this is when they flail and scum slip or post something for their own survival, not for town benefit

Town has less of a filter, they will be less careful than scum, This is because town shouldn't be concerned with looking scum, the motivations will always speak for itself. With this, I can say why RC is scum and why you should vote him.

RC claims to be busy. Yet the day I called him out and voted, all I got was a day or two of insults about how my play is shit and why I'm scummy for even considering the fact he could be scum. He had posts upon posts of him defending himself while simultaneously making 'cases' on me being scum with his only defense as 'HIS PLAY IS SHIT, I AM NOT SCUM'. After this shitfest came through, he offered a truce, stating we are ruining the game for you, and promising to come back and look for other suspects. In this time, even if the site went down, he made no effort to make posts tis game, needing a prod and always stating 'I will post tomorrow, I'm busy' and giving one liners.
1. If he was truly busy, why wasn't he busy when he was being attacked. Why would he lay low when the truce happened and offer no content, and when he did have time, just go back and do the same shit, vote me and not give a read on anything else.
2. If he was truly busy, how in the hell did he have enough time to mod this marathon game that took 39 pages http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=67294
this mrathon game that took 43 pages http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=67276
and post on the mafiascum fallout shelter http://www.pnewman.net/shelter/index.php posting on threads and hosting marathon games.
The marathon games happened AFTER the truce was brought up. This is complete shit.

Radiant Cowbells has provided very little content since Day 1 and is comfortably read town enough to not post anything too controversial out there, but he is coasting. His excuse is always 'I have no time' despite evidence contrary to that. H eonly posts 1 liner no meaning statements to avoid looking inactive but his posts barely have any content on them. Its absolutely weird you find him towny when he has doen nothing town worthy at all and only Beetlejuices, i.e. shows up when he is called or when he is being read. RC is scum.

I'm dealing with my other two reads, Lycan and fiddler later. Today is RC, no ifs, ands or buts
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:06 pm

Note the panic when I called the scumteam.

Scum is Dr/Lycan. I will selfvote if I get L-1 on the condition that both are lynched on the following two days.

I will vote either of those.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:07 pm

game is over as of now.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:07 pm

I'm also willing to entertain a policy lynch on NotScience since his reads are shit and he's the most likely to fuck the game up if he's kept alive.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:09 pm

Giga, Kraska, Fiddler. pick one of those two and vote them.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:10 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 856, RadiantCowbells wrote:Note the panic when I called the scumteam.

Scum is Dr/Lycan. I will selfvote if I get L-1 on the condition that both are lynched on the following two days.

This is panic apparently.

This isn't me calling you scum from the start of the Day, nor is it me continuing to read you as scum. This is merely panicking because 'HOLY SHIT RC THINKS IM SCUM'

I'll legitimately be pissed if RC doesnt get lynched today.

Also it will be lylo tomorrow and you're willing to policy lynch. Fucking hell.
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:11 pm

'legitimately pissed' and yeah, the panic is obvious.

If I policy lynch Kaori then guaranteed whichever 4 of Me/Giga/Fiddler/Kraska are alive will powerlynch you two. I learned my lesson from playing with MoI.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:13 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

Guys, if we aren't lynching RC today I'm throwing the game and self voting tomorrow.
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:13 pm

rofl. please do, you'll be confscum when no one hammers.

quit your bullshit you scumfuck.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:14 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

FUCK YOU AND YOUR PANIC SHIT. STOP DISCREDITING ME FOR MAKING A CASE ON YOU BASED ON THE FACT THAT YOUR PLAY THIS GAME IS ABSOLUTE SHIT. YOU'VE DONE NOTHING, GO IN AND CALL A TRUCE, CLAIM YOU'VE FOUND THE SCUM TEAM AND DISCREDIT EVERYTHING EVEN IF WHAT I SAID MAKES SENSE

FUCK THIS.

IV, replace me if RC isn't lynched today.
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:15 pm

^ a person who realizes he can't win while I'm alive.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:15 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

Again, you're only active when people call you out.

No, I'd really rather not play with someone like you.
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:17 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

For some reason I didn't panic and claim when I was L-1.
I am nowhere near L-1 and somehow I'm panicking now.

'Panic'
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:17 pm

holy fuck you're worse than nahdia. using the mod to try to fake a towntell. go to hell.

sorry that I'm better than you and I caught you? don't cry like a bitch because you got outplayed. your scum game is shit and threatening replace outs is bush league.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:19 pm

In post 864, DoctorPepper wrote:FUCK YOU AND YOUR PANIC SHIT. STOP DISCREDITING ME FOR MAKING A CASE ON YOU BASED ON THE FACT THAT YOUR PLAY THIS GAME IS ABSOLUTE SHIT. YOU'VE DONE NOTHING, GO IN AND CALL A TRUCE, CLAIM YOU'VE FOUND THE SCUM TEAM AND DISCREDIT EVERYTHING EVEN IF WHAT I SAID MAKES SENSE

FUCK THIS.

IV, replace me if RC isn't lynched today.

Does this look like town who thinks that I'm scum or does this look like someone who knows that I'm town and is panicking?

why would this dude give a shit what i'm saying and doing if he thought I was scum because then it'd just be scum flail.

quicklynch, gogogo.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:20 pm

LIke, no one who is town cries that someone that they think is scum is 'discrediting what they said even thought it makes sense.' this is just ridiculous now, and basically tactical replacing.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:21 pm

oh and by the way, caught for the wrong reasons isn't a thing. play better if you want to not get caught, don't cry at me.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:22 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 856, RadiantCowbells wrote:Note the panic when I called the scumteam.

Fucking beetlejuice. Thanks for only showing up when people call your attention. Thanks for doing fuck all for the past 6 days irl when no pressure has come.

Fuck it, if you do manage to lynch me since you've caught me, you can go fuck yourself since I'll flip Town BP. I got outplayed by someone who barely played. Yeap, sounds about right.

And this isn't a fake replace out, I really wish I didn't have to play with you. You think you're all that but in reality youre someone stuck up so far in their own ass because of how good you think you are you're going to completely fuck this town if I was wrong about you being scum. Get a fucking grip.

Wow, you aren't even trying to refute the arguements. You're just saying 'He's obviously panicking because I'm so good and I caught scum you can all just suck my dick' WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:23 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 870, RadiantCowbells wrote:LIke, no one who is town cries that someone that they think is scum is 'discrediting what they said even thought it makes sense.' this is just ridiculous now, and basically tactical replacing.
Because you're not even trying to prove me false. You're just saying I'm panicking
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:24 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »