Micro 381 - 999 Mafia (Nonary Game Complete)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:07 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'm not having a dialogue past that point about anything until you answer that.
green shirt thursdays
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:09 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 899, xRECKONERx wrote:Whether I said that or not is
STILL FUCKING IRRELEVANT TO THE POINT.

WHY THE FUCK IS ME DEFENDING GAMMA FOR [INSERT REASON HERE] SCUMMY

Because his slot is likely scum, and your posts are attempting to dissuade everyone from lynching him today? Despite the fact that you, by your own words, don't actually have a townread on him????
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:16 pm

Post by Quilford »

And you hadn't even proposed an alternative lynch??
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:18 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 901, Quilford wrote:Because his slot is likely scum, and your posts are attempting to dissuade everyone from lynching him today? Despite the fact that you, by your own words, don't actually have a townread on him????

So this entire thing being scummy is predicated on a flip which we do not have yet and you chose to point it out and fling shit my way because I'm a conditional scumread if/when that slot flips scum. Gotcha.

Just as baseless and irrelevant as I thought.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:19 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 901, Quilford wrote:Despite the fact that you, by your own words, don't actually have a townread on him????

This part is even dumber.

Using this logic, your criteria for lynching people should be "I do not have a town read on them" instead of "I have a scum read on them". I don't read Jackel as anything. I've said that. The activity levels have kept that slot completely null. You are trying to say I should be voting/lynching Jackel/Gamma just because I don't have an active town read on it.
green shirt thursdays
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:22 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 903, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 901, Quilford wrote:Because his slot is likely scum, and your posts are attempting to dissuade everyone from lynching him today? Despite the fact that you, by your own words, don't actually have a townread on him????

So this entire thing being scummy is predicated on a flip which we do not have yet and you chose to point it out and fling shit my way because I'm a conditional scumread if/when that slot flips scum. Gotcha.

Just as baseless and irrelevant as I thought.

Oh no, it's scummy now, because I've been varying degrees of convinced you are scum since like Page 7, haven't you noticed?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:24 pm

Post by Parama »

ladies please
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:26 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 904, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 901, Quilford wrote:Despite the fact that you, by your own words, don't actually have a townread on him????

Using this logic, your criteria for lynching people should be "I do not have a town read on them" instead of "I have a scum read on them". I don't read Jackel as anything. I've said that. The activity levels have kept that slot completely null. You are trying to say I should be voting/lynching Jackel/Gamma just because I don't have an active town read on it.

Hahahaha Reck goes into full misrep mode.

USING THIS LOGIC, MY CRITERIA FOR DEFENDING PEOPLE HARDCORE IS "I HAVE A TOWNREAD ON THEM". But you are defending Gamma/Jackel hardcore, and he's apparently completely null??

"You are trying to say I should be voting/lynching Jackel/Gamma just because I don't have an active town read on it." lol lol lol no, I'm trying to say that IF YOU'RE TOWN you shouldn't be defending Gamma like he's your top town read if you don't have even a semblance of a town read on him. But you are. Hmmmm
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:30 pm

Post by Parama »

i'm going to piss on every single post either of you have made recently because i know i can
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:32 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 902, Quilford wrote:And you hadn't even proposed an alternative lynch??

This is the most damning part of all.

Not only was Reck strongly defending Gamma/Jackel
despite not having a townread the slot at all
, he wasn't even proposing someone else should be lynched instead. Despite the fact that a majority of players found Jackel worth lynching, Reck's trying to get that slot out of the firing line without even proposing we lynch someone else instead.

It all reads as really desperate to me, and I don't know why Reck as town would defend someone most people want to lynch so hard if Reck himself finds the slot only null.

Not to mention that Reck hadn't even mentioned the person his vote was on for 13 posts before his 'gamma noooo' post.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:39 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

godamn this game is dense and this conversation is vaguely irritating so have some different noise.

-bins' earlyish posts (like after rvs but before akane reck clusterfuck happens) look real genuine to me

-akane looks pretty town for her reck push and the confidence and followthrough she puts into it (again, looks genuine)

-when i was skimming i thought reck claimed today and not yesterday which is eeh, don't like the aggression against akane for not giving the meta when it DOES exist, he fakeclaimed a guilty on fate d1 in one of spyrex's wizard games and then took it back after fate got lynched and survived as scum cuz 'scum would never be that ballsy', and was part of the hydra with fara when they fakeclaimed vengeful townie and unclaimed it in lylo to win
i still don't think i aaactually want to lynch him today because him being a raging cunt in mafia games isn't an alignment tell for him and i don't think it's particularly unlikely that he'd do *this game* as town, unless deadlines coming up real soon im probably gonna not care about him for a few days until i finish reading and see him posting in real-time a bit

-not mafias responses around page 12 and 13 look fairly hard to come up with as quickly as he did as scum, and saying that he's PoEing the game that early doesn't seem like something that would come from scum

-Grib seems kind of backgroundy and gut-bad

-don't really see anything from parama that stands out as likely town or scum, he's very slightly townie imo just for not being a bit intentionally thick like he was in metamafia but i don't actually have any confidence in my ability to read him so whatever

-quil's thing in early game i already mentioned and he hasn't really done anything up to the point i've read up to
- probably gonna read over his interactions with my replacee later actually so i can see how this thing is currently happening
-haha, bullet points
-POW
-oh and for anyone who wants to compare junk i'm saying to context i think i got to around page 25-27 but i stopped reading particularly carefully and did a lot more skimming after about page 19

-ahahahaHAHAHA like 10 ninjas i'll read those eventually
-yeah being slightly weirder than usual this game seems like it might make it a bit more fun
-deal
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:42 pm

Post by Parama »

dammit I don't even care enough to do that
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:42 pm

Post by Parama »

oh hey gamma hi there
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:45 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

have one more opinion

talking about me is boring for like another 24 hours assuming there are no deadline complications i'm not currently bothering to look up

talking about gribs is interesting

and talking about let's saaaay [people who are not reck]'s reads on akane and quilford are interesting

parama help this game be interesting you can do it
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:49 pm

Post by Parama »

I don't like how half of your reads are "they could be scum but maybe not" or "they could be town but maybe not"
but ehh I'm not much better at the moment anyways so w/e
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:50 pm

Post by Parama »

Gamma what even can I do I don't know what to do anymore there's so much nothing happening bcuz I was lynching you before you were here
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:51 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 907, Quilford wrote:

USING THIS LOGIC, MY CRITERIA FOR DEFENDING PEOPLE HARDCORE IS "I HAVE A TOWNREAD ON THEM". But you are defending Gamma/Jackel hardcore, and he's apparently completely null??

No, wrong. Defending Jackel's wagon, which is primarily where it is because "Jackel hasn't posted a lot", doesn't make me have to have a townread on him. It means I'm using my brain and thinking, "Huh, well if everyone's primary concern with Jackel was his activity, and we just got a replacement, then the wagon shouldn't really hold up."

lol lol lol no, I'm trying to say that IF YOU'RE TOWN you shouldn't be defending Gamma like he's your top town read if you don't have even a semblance of a town read on him. But you are. Hmmmm

I don't have a town read on anybody in this game. Literally nobody. I have reads that vary between "null", "scum" and "veryscum".
green shirt thursdays
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:53 pm

Post by Parama »

gamma let's tlak about gribs ok

you start
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:56 pm

Post by Parama »

Reck if you are reading everyone as some degree of null to scummy then you might not be doing a very good job reading

then again I already knew that
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:57 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 909, Quilford wrote:
In post 902, Quilford wrote:And you hadn't even proposed an alternative lynch??

This is the most damning part of all.

Not only was Reck strongly defending Gamma/Jackel
despite not having a townread the slot at all
, he wasn't even proposing someone else should be lynched instead. Despite the fact that a majority of players found Jackel worth lynching, Reck's trying to get that slot out of the firing line without even proposing we lynch someone else instead.

I assumed you had the mental capacity to say, "Hey, wait, Reck isn't voting Jackel and has been voting Not_Mafia for awhile, that's probably who he wants lynched!" I apologize, I will not overestimate your brain function in the future.

It all reads as really desperate to me, and I don't know why Reck as town would defend someone most people want to lynch so hard if Reck himself finds the slot only null.

Because:
- The wagon was primarily built because of activity. Jackel replaced out. Gamma replaced in. Activity is no longer valid. You could try to say that Jackel's was 'strategically lurking', but that'd be a stretch to prove even if it was true.
- Gamma was supposed to be in this game from the start but missed the pre-in limit by one slot. Pie was supposed to inform Gamma when the game started so he could play. I was disappointed that Gamma wasn't playing.
- I enjoy playing with Gamma. Even if he's scum, he'll provide content and opinions and make interesting things happen.

Not to mention that Reck hadn't even mentioned the person his vote was on for 13 posts before his 'gamma noooo' post.

NM has done basically nothing since I voted him except take potshots at me and avoid me. I'm not going to sit there and keep screaming for his lynch.
green shirt thursdays
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:59 pm

Post by Parama »

In post 919, xRECKONERx wrote:
I assumed you had the mental capacity to say, "Hey, wait, Reck isn't voting Jackel and has been voting Not_Mafia for awhile, that's probably who he wants lynched!" I apologize, I will not overestimate your brain function in the future.

because you're doing such a good job voicing your opinion or pushing a lynch on your top scumread
In post 919, xRECKONERx wrote:NM has done basically nothing since I voted him except take potshots at me and avoid me. I'm not going to sit there and keep screaming for his lynch.

then make a case based on stuff he said before then, because if you thought he was scum when you voted him then obv you have reason and you can, y'know, tell people these reasons
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:59 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 918, Parama wrote:Reck if you are reading everyone as some degree of null to scummy then you might not be doing a very good job reading

then again I already knew that

If you already knew that, then why even make this post?

Nobody has done anything that gives me a particularly strong town read on them. Everyone has been muddied/null/boring at some point, and some have gone further and been scummy, but nobody has done anything actively pro-town. What did I not read that should make me go WOW OKAY NVM THIS PERSON IS TOWN!!!!? Because it's not like we have any interactive associative reads to be made with our only flip being a dead VT.
green shirt thursdays
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:00 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

gut things with gribs are mostly tone i think

like to me it just seems a little more incredulous or condescending at times than I think is the norm and those are some of the bigger emotional things that come out more while being scum

ninjathing- also to be
fair
not fair but Something i've been busy with a pretty decent amount of horseshit recently, kinda glad i missed it at first because it would have bit into a lot of other shit despite 999 being a real fun game and pie being a real good person to....gamejoin? a word similar to that.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:02 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 916, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 907, Quilford wrote:

No, wrong. Defending Jackel's wagon, which is primarily where it is because "Jackel hasn't posted a lot", doesn't make me have to have a townread on him. It means I'm using my brain and thinking, "Huh, well if everyone's primary concern with Jackel was his activity, and we just got a replacement, then the wagon shouldn't really hold up."

1) You're assuming the replacement will be active
2) You're assuming chronic inactivity isn't a scumtell in itself
3) There are reasons why Jackel is scummy that aren't inactivity related

In post 916, xRECKONERx wrote:
lol lol lol no, I'm trying to say that IF YOU'RE TOWN you shouldn't be defending Gamma like he's your top town read if you don't have even a semblance of a town read on him. But you are. Hmmmm

I don't have a town read on anybody in this game. Literally nobody. I have reads that vary between "null", "scum" and "veryscum".

So why are you defending anybody at all?
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:04 pm

Post by Quilford »

Glad to see Parama's torn down your latest hunk of bullshit for me.

You hadn't so much as MENTIONED Not_Mafia's name for 3 entire days when you made your posts defending Jackel. How was anyone supposed to assume you actually wanted him lynched at all?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”