Mini 1338: Cyborgian Reenactment Mafia (Game Over!)

Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:02 am

Post by Oversoul »

Taking the plunge, Tim.

VOTE: Peabody

GF RB Goon vs Deputy Cop and Neighborizer doesn't really seem balanced but...
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:05 am

Post by Timeater »

Day 4 Lynch

• Peabody (Lynch) | 4 votes:
    Hez, Nisani, Oman, Oversoul

Hez (L-3) | 1 vote:
    Peabody

Not Voting:
    kdub, AGar

A lynch has occured. Mod scene forthcoming. Soonish...heh heh heh.

watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:36 am

Post by Timeater »

The serene setting was soothing. Everyone was chill.

The teacher program, now a talking penguin, cleared his throat elegantly and asked for the attention of his students.

"Your self-actualization programs, how are they making you feel? You there, how do you feel being Oversoul? How do you feel just hammering the one known as Peabody? We can only make base estimations of what these people may have been feeling at the time, but you I am confident in the archeopsycho-recognition programs. They dont usually miss much. Butterflies in your stomach? Entirely nervous? Impatient to see the result?" He chuckled, as much as a talking penguin could chuckle.

The boy about to be lynched spoke up.

"The one known as Peabody, the one I am I living through. I cant be sure but I think he's upset. He's upset that he...got lynched? What a bizarre feeling. And why did he represent himself as a dog with links to a children's "television" show. I do not understand these ancient people. They are just to...strange!"

The freckle-faced ginger running the Oversoul.exe program whinged.

"Can you just tell us if he was mafia or not!"

Another voice:

"Hey teacher, are you really the mod known as Timeater? If thats true, did you really write all this as some sort of self-fulfilling prophecy? How are you so old? How did you live so long? How did you survive all the great calamaties? I've heard rumors of super-rich from that time still living today by being lucky enough to buy the sophisticated life-extension techs of the time, but I thought it was just that - rumors. You cant really be Timeater. You cant be sitting at your desk a thousand years in the past typing this flavor flip scene as it enters my mouth. Thats just too weird."

"You want weird? I'll show you weird"

The penguin snapped his silly little fingers and all of a sudden they were in space orbiting a small green planet. It wasn't Earth, though it had similar traits. It was greener than earth. Also, they appeared to be inside a nebula. Hues of purple and and yellow were everywhere replacing the black bleakness of space. The children were descending rapidly towards the planet.

The teacher-penguin spoke:

{Peabody, Jack of All Trades (Mafia), has been lynched.}

Day breaks this time on Saturday (28th).
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:12 am

Post by Timeater »

The ridiculousness of zipping through space down towards a planet did not seem to bother the circle of children and their penguin teacher.

"Imagine for a moment you are one of the players in the past playing this game. Has what the mod-Timeater proposed effected you in any way? Does the possibility of people in the future having free access to your mental profile bother you? Or does it make you feel at ease? Are you relaxed by the notion that some part of you may live on forever in a digital medium? The dream of perfect biological continuity had not been reached yet at that period, despite what was just mentioned. Though I'm old, I'm not as old as Timeater. That IS impossible."

The penguin winked and transformed into a weird golem-creature.

"History around 2000A.D fascinates me. It was a time of great change for humanity. Several of my background processes stumbled upon mafiascum.net, because ancient forum-sites are an invaluable source for learning about people of the time. Few exist. So I thought up this little exercise. As you all know, we're currently studying modern forms of psychology and game theory so I thought what the hell lets take a look at what it was like a thousand years ago. And it'd be fun! Well, while trawling through mafiascum.net, I came across something. Something that haunted me and fascinated me."

They were descending into an alien arboreal jungle. Strange creatures haunted the landscape. A metalic, lumbering beast the size of an elephant rumbled by calmy. It had no eyes and a humanoid smile, and it just -oozed- creepiness. Something shrieked. Something grumbled. Life everywhere.

"Cyborgian Reenactment Mafia...it actually exists."

"Thats impossible!"
"No way!"
"You're lying!"

"I know. I'm as baffled as you are. I still dont believe it. I'm just following the script. We're all just following the script. You there!"

He pointed at the kid running the Nisani program. He vanished.

Day 5

{Nisani, Cop (Town), has been killed}

Left Alive: Oversoul, HezLucky, AGar, kdub, Oman

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
watch for the eggshells
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:52 am

Post by Oversoul »

VOTE: Oman

Why would Elmo have no neighborizers? Was he not confirmed whether or not someone was invited?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:09 pm

Post by Oman »

Vote: Hez
After voting for everyone and throwing his weight around, he tried to get the cop lynched after his claim, and then bused one of his buddies.

Well done, but I'm not falling for it.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:19 pm

Post by Kdub »

In post 979, Oversoul wrote:Why would Elmo have no neighborizers? Was he not confirmed whether or not someone was invited?

Not sure what you mean? The night he supposedly neighborized Peabody, he could have been roleblocked or maybe Peabody had a hide or commute power (I think those are normal?). That type of power would actually kinda make some sense in this setup, especially once the scum know there is a cop. Mostly speculation here, but the scum might not have a dedicated roleblocker and instead have the JOAT (possibly with a one-shot roleblock) plus another power role like rolecop/tracker/etc. Godfather is still possible, but seeing a second scum flip as a power role would really reduce that likelihood.

Anyway, it's still Oman today, Hez tomorrow.

VOTE: Oman
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:35 pm

Post by HezLucky »

According to this town, I am bussing both of my buddies =D

Since kdub is so intent on losing the game, would you do the honour of unvoting Oman so that Agar can't quickhammer? I want to mention something before Oversoul is dead.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:58 am

Post by Oman »

Seriously, Kdub, unvote before i get quicklynched.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:28 am

Post by HezLucky »

Oman, from your point of view I am now clear. That vote on me looks terrible :P

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:59 am

Post by HezLucky »

In post 982, HezLucky wrote:According to this town, I am bussing both of my buddies =D

Since kdub is so intent on losing the game, would you do the honour of unvoting Oman so that Agar can't quickhammer? I want to mention something before Oversoul is dead.

Actually I want to mention three things.

And if Agar comes in here with a hammer you can consider it a scumclaim.

Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:31 am

Post by Oversoul »

UNVOTE:

What did you want to explain, Hez?
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:53 am

Post by Kdub »

In post 982, HezLucky wrote:Since kdub is so intent on losing the game, would you do the honour of unvoting Oman so that Agar can't quickhammer? I want to mention something before Oversoul is dead.

Oman wrote:Seriously, Kdub, unvote before i get quicklynched.

These two posts make me fairly certain that there is no GF and that it really is you two. Anyone else see the problem here?

1) Hez thinks the scum are Oman and AGar. I put Oman at L-1, and suddenly I'm "intent on losing the game" (which by the way
implies that he still thinks (knows?) that I'm town
).
2. Oman thinks the scum are Hez and myself. I put Oman at L-1 and suddenly I need to unvote before he gets quicklynched (which by the way
implies that he still thinks (knows?) that I'm town
).

Since Oversoul unvoted, I'm keeping my vote on scum.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:56 am

Post by HezLucky »

You're overthinking this and not understanding why I requested the unvote (to be fair - I never said why!)

You're also dangerously tunneling. More on that later.

I am going to post three separate things. I want both you and Oversoul to comment on each one. You comment first. Okay?

The scum can comment if they want, but I don't care. Ready?

Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:19 am

Post by Timeater »

Day 5

• Oman (L-2) | 1 vote:
    kdub

Not Voting:
    AGar, Hez, Oman, Oversoul

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch.
watch for the eggshells
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:37 am

Post by Oversoul »

I'm ready Hez, but I'll wait until after Kdub.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:21 am

Post by Kdub »

OK, let's hear what you have to say Hez, but my vote is going right back on Oman after.

UNVOTE:
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:22 am

Post by Oversoul »

There really was no need for you to unvote Kdub.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:25 am

Post by HezLucky »

Absolutely. Thank you. [Oman is 100% getting lynched today regardless of anything. We are essentially in "tomorrow" with one extra town able to contribute to discussion, so I figure it is better to do this now)

I will begin shortly.

By the way, I have a recent completed SCUM game in which I played WELL ENOUGH TO GET TO THE END AND NOT GET LYNCHED.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21795

While this is not the only time I have played well as scum, this is the only completed game in the last several years of mine that you will find where I survived and WON as scum. I don't have any comments on my play in that game but you are welcome to go ahead and dissect my behaviour on your own time

Enjoy your reading, if you must, but I'm going to give you much more in a second.

HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:57 am

Post by HezLucky »

THING OF NOTE NUMBER ONE

Oversoul played with me in Paranoia Mafia. We both made it to the end (where his team won - he was scum, I was town). He has seen my town play and should be quite familiar with it.

Here is the game:

Kdub, you will get more out of this if you actually read the parts of the game that involve me. It is a shit-ton, I realize, and I'm not expecting you to read it TODAY. But reading this game will give you more insight into me than any questions, or any ISO of me in this particular game will. Or maybe it won't :shrug:. I'm going to try anyway.

This is also the reason I requested today to make my argument for tomorrow. Because Oversoul is alive and should be able to vouch for the following:

Summary of Paranoia Mafia:

The whole town was against me. Kindof like what you see here. And my playstyle was very similar. In Oversoul's own words from his mafia postgame comments:

Hez, you were a very good scumhunter as was Amrun. However, it goes without saying that if you cannot make the town agree with you, you have only down half your job. I feel you would be a much deadly force to reckon with both as scum and as town if you would tone down the intensity of your posts. You were *everywhere* this game and part of the reason that the *I* was not afraid of you (well... I was slightly ... no person is that cocky without good reason ) was your erratic day play. Had you honed the scope of your suspicions and stuck with your gut, things would have gone differently.

Paranoia Mafia had a lot of town attacking me, and a lot of scum guiding the town in that direction without making it obvious. It was very similar to this game, except that all the scum didn't suddenly slip at LyLo (one of them actually did in Paranoia Mafia but it was too late by then).

But this game went beyond that. I played an extremely emotional game that was downright close-to-breaking-site-rules at times. I hated it but I couldn't control myself. Let me show you. This you actually have to read (unlike the whole game which is optional but strongly suggested):

- Go to my ISO and read posts #2938, #2949, #2991 (was downright mocking the town),
- Go to the game and read posts #3100 to #3250. This was scum (that town trusted) basically fishing for information from me, and I refused, and then it was a combination of that scum and MOSTLY TOWN basically trying to quicklynch me, and me getting so angry that OUT OF SPITE I was going to take IMPORTANT INFORMATION to the grave. Why? Because I was incredibly pissed off.
- Someone in that game asked for a list of games I've played. Post #3415 is that list, if you care. Once again, not required reading.

As you can see, I was vulgar AND spiteful. I was the exact opposite of someone you would want to play the game with. I was also incredibly angry (I have a difficult time separating my emotions from this game, sadly - but all that emotion is very real).

Two other things happened in that game.
- Dana spent the whole game tunneling me. I had an obvtown read on Dana. This is what you're doing, except my read on you is not so strong (it is more PROCESS OF ELIMINATION YAYZ). Nothing I said seemed to matter. We didn't lose the game because of this only because we lost the game before. Scum kept Dana alive for this reason - this is why you will be brought to LyLo - even though you are 100% clear (barring this vote) and Oversoul isn't.

- More importantly. I had the whole town against me in this game. And the scum. Somehow I wasn't lynched, so every day was a struggle. Only one person had a townread on me. That person believed in me when no one else wouldn't. That person defended me hard and was the only reason I stayed alive that long. When he placed a vote on me at LyLo I practically gave up.

The one person who believed me in a game where no one did. In a game where I was probably breaking site rules out of anger, being completely anti-town out of pure spite, swearing at everyone left and right and just not having a good time at all.

That person was
Elmo the Azn

The same person who replaced into kondi's slot ONLY BECAUSE I WAS IN THE GAME AND HE WANTED TO PLAY WITH ME. You saw my reaction - I was so upset when he decided to replace into that particular slot:

Hez Post 464 wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ELMO IS MY FRIEND. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

KONDI I HOPE YOU BURN.

Elmo I am so so so so sorry. The guy whose slot you replaced into was a {REDACTED - I WOULD SAY SOMETHING REALLY REALLY OFFENSIVE HERE}. I will be likely leading your lynch and I am that it is you who replaced into this slot.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Here's the thing. I fear this post isn't coming across as it should, so I want
Oversoul to comment on this first

There is no fucking way I would nightkill Elmo, or allow him to be nightkilled by my mafia team

Not after that game. He kept me alive in it and was actually nice to me when others were calling for my head every page. I do feel as if I owe him for that. I am certainly not a bastard enough to let him last, what, two days? and then nightkill him after he has decided to replace into a game only to play with me (Awwwwwwww....)

Please comment on this fact.

The rest will use logic. That's why I'm throwing this one out there first. I almost feel as if Oversoul HAS to know this fact but it just hasn't crossed his mind. Oversoul, do you really think that I would kill Elmo? That's the flaw that the mafia team made.

Elmo would have been on my side no matter what. Why would I intentionally handicap myself just for some WIFOM? This whole concept of WIFOM is going to come up a lot in the next two posts. I hope you're ready

Okay Oversoul, go.

Then kdub, go.

Then we will have THING OF NOTE NUMBER TWO and THING OF NOTE NUMBER THREE, which are far far more logic-based :)

HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:58 am

Post by HezLucky »

OOPS I DID NOT POST THE PARANOIA GAME

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21529

Here you go.

Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:22 am

Post by Oversoul »

I'm on my phone right now but I want to say a few things. This won't be all I have to say though so don't proceed until I give the okay.

Hez, are you creating a trust tell? Or a single game agreement in that you "owe" Elmo?

I understand that you both are friends, but there is also 2 people in addition to you (as scum hypothetically) that would override your decision. While it is true that you didn't want to kill Elmo your teammates could have.

I am going to look over Elmo's posts to verify the fact that he was in agreement with you. I as scum would not have killed Elmo, but that is besides the point.

I am also going to
interrogate
ask Tim some questions.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:23 am

Post by HezLucky »

In post 996, Oversoul wrote:I'm on my phone right now but I want to say a few things. This won't be all I have to say though so don't proceed until I give the okay.

Hez, are you creating a trust tell? Or a single game agreement in that you "owe" Elmo?

I understand that you both are friends, but there is also 2 people in addition to you (as scum hypothetically) that would override your decision. While it is true that you didn't want to kill Elmo your teammates could have.

I am going to look over Elmo's posts to verify the fact that he was in agreement with you. I as scum would not have killed Elmo, but that is besides the point.

I am also going to
interrogate
ask Tim some questions.

This is not a trust tell, no. Its a point that I believe you should know but have been overlooking based on the recent game the three of us have had together.

Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:26 am

Post by Oversoul »

It is because I didn't realize you and Elmo were friends.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:27 am

Post by Oversoul »

Ebwop: it is surprising

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”