lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:56 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

*press conference*

Welcome to the town. I'm Lazarusmoth, your distinguished mayor. And I just want you to know that I will use my powers for pardoning very rarely and only in extremely-contested cases. It's a powerful double-edged responsibility but I shall strive to bear the burden.

I'm not sure how the doc or the sheriff could be mafia. Wouldn't command of such powerful roles, when placed in mafia hands, mean such an unbalanced game? I hope that we could discuss this issue:

Can anyone be mafia in this setup or are there roles we can be fairly sure aren't mafia?
There are so many questions I'd like to ask, but we are left watching the checkered board. Our eyes pass over the symmetry. I wish it were possible to achieve such mimicry, to move our pieces in peace ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ my bishops to church, your wild horses to stable.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:26 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

This is what I get for roleplaying a bit. Remind me to post something more boring next time, like:

random vote: whatsisname

and just shut up.

First of all, contrary to what Meme has stated, I wasn't pushing for a case for innocence based on the open roles. I merely for opinions whether you guys thought it was possible. I asked, I did not promote nor conclude.

Secondly, I don't think my role is powerful. To answer Xanthe's question: I don't even think I'll be using it at all. Upon further reflection, the only reason I can think of to use it is with an rare accidental lynch, and that's not gonna happen.
There are so many questions I'd like to ask, but we are left watching the checkered board. Our eyes pass over the symmetry. I wish it were possible to achieve such mimicry, to move our pieces in peace ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ my bishops to church, your wild horses to stable.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:32 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

These are the reasons why I'm being voted or pointed out:

Stewie: following MeMe's post
HairyMezican: Mayor ability either useless (if town) or dangerous (if mafia)
mlaker: following Meme's post
mole: following the cop, Mayor ability useless

It's Page 2 in the game. I have posted exactly twice and these bandwagoneers or would-be bandwagoneers have all jumped mainly for two reasons:

1) MeMe's "translation" of my 1st post claiming that I was implying that you should not lynch the me (which I refuted in my 2nd post)

2) That they find my ability useless (if town) or dangerous (if mafia)

So how about you look at my first post and note that I am only ASKING if we could discuss if the cop or doc can possibly be mafia (I did not even include myself).

Also, ask yourself if it is enough to lynch the Mayor based on his "useless/dangerous" ability and ONLY that.

And because this ability is getting a bad rep regardless of any evidence, let me just state, for the record, that I have thought about it and I've decided NOT to use it at all. There. I'd rather live and put myself out of the spotlight...and hope we can get back to the business of catching the real scum.

MAJOR FOSes on all these people quick to jump on a bandwagon for me this early.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:41 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

Ok, so I'm going to have to work with the idea that ANYONE can be mafia, that mafia roles have been assigned randomly. If that has been satisfactorily established, let us move on to the business of catching scum.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:50 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

Ok. If the objective of the game is to "get it moving" then why don't the rest of you vote for me.

If the objective of the game is to catch scum, how about *gasp* we exercise a wee bit more patience and open up for discussion.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:09 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

I'm all for the cop not revealing his investigations for the moment.

Given the fact that I am suspicious of the guys who jumped so quickly on the bandwagon against me, and given MeMe's points...
vote: mlaker

I'm also a bit wary of the dynamic btw MeMe and Stewie. Does anybody else notice how often Stewie mentions or defers to her in a number of his posts? Is this scummy or merely sycophantic?
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:29 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

I'm back. Apologies on my sudden absence.

I've taken a first read-through on the recent posts and I must say that I do find cam's behavior scummy. I'm going to keep my vote where it is and read through this again but I'm happy where my vote is.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:06 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

I'm very uncomfortable with a doc vote at this point and I don't see myself voting that way without more than the usual amount of suspicion.

Everything is hunch-ish for me at this point and, after reading through the posts again, I think jag's statements about cam in post 139 i.e. his sudden flip-flop about the mole vote is worth following up. My vote stays.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:20 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

I will agree. We do seem to be getting very little from Malaprop. But my big FOS is for HM for his seeming disregard for townies and vikingfan (much as it troubles me) for agreeing with his statements.

unvote

Will be holding off my vote until deadline to see last-minute discussions.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #9) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:24 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

Good that we've lynched scum. Obviously we need some discussion on the validity of MeMe's claim and of her sanity but I think the choice for today is fairly obvious.

vote: stewie
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:33 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

xanthe wrote:
Quote:
Both the sheriff and the deputy are guaranteed to be sane and there are no roles that are immune to their investigations.

MeMe has indicated that mole's role description is similar to her hidden role description. So I think it very unlikely that there could be roles immune to investigation by her either.
I'm confused, xanthe. You're saying I'm suspicious because I voted for stewie yet at the same breath, support meme's claim?
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:19 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

I don't buy it, HM. I really don't buy it.

I'm glad that Stewie was lynched; I had a decisive vote on him from the start of the bandwagon. But this was because of my own observations and because I think Meme is a townie cop.

You, on the other hand, are indeed a cop. But scummy to the bone. I think now that this is the twist to the game: we have dishonest "obvious" cops and a hidden legit one to balance their intentions.

The only reason HM shifted his vote from me to Stewie was that he saw an opportunity to lynch one of his own and cement his standing among us. Maybe Stewie even belonged to a different mafia group.

I hope the others rely on Meme to confirm HM's accusations.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (isolation #12) » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:22 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

vote: HM
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #13) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:16 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

It does seem like it, Jag. Our trusty cop got an SK. Let's congratulate him. He was also instrumental in lynching one of the scum. Another point for him.

BUT - and it's a very big but - I know I'm not scum!

I just realized how deep a game HM has been playing. A lynch for fellow scum and a lucky investigation which uncovered SK. I will be the first to congratulate him if he wins.

But please, do consider your choice. I feel helpless on being put one over by scum and I don't exactly know how to defend myself given how HM has established himself as a cop who lynched scum.
But this is all he has going for him.
He is a scummy cop who lynched a fellow scum.

Please do consider - no matter what our cop says - that I am not scum.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #14) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:16 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

It does seem like it, Jag. Our trusty cop got an SK. Let's congratulate him. He was also instrumental in lynching one of the scum. Another point for him.

BUT - and it's a very big but - I know I'm not scum!

I just realized how deep a game HM has been playing. A lynch for fellow scum and a lucky investigation which uncovered SK. I will be the first to congratulate him if he wins.

But please, do consider your choice. I feel helpless on being put one over by scum and I don't exactly know how to defend myself given how HM has established himself as a cop who lynched scum.
But this is all he has going for him.
He is a scummy cop who lynched a fellow scum.

Please do consider - no matter what our cop says - that I am not scum.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #15) » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:09 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

Here's an easier possibility: He's alive because he's scum.

Please do take a closer look and hopefully arrive at a good decision.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (isolation #16) » Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:47 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

I'm going to be re-reading the thread and trying to gather enough clues to incriminate HM. I know it doesn't look good for me and I praise HM for building a solid defense. But all I know is he's the remaining scum who's somehow escaped everyone's suspicions.

I wouldn't fault you for the lynch vote, jag. If I was in your position I'd do the same. But please reconsider and vote HM. He's so close to a winning this game in the name of scum.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (isolation #17) » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:43 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

*sigh*

HM has been very lucky that his risk to claim me as scum in Day 2 paid off. I don't know how else to put it. I figure he made a mistake by doing that but circumstances were on his side and the risk paid well. He found the SK which established his credibility.

I've been looking at the thread and I can see that it doesn't look good for me - evidence-wise. I'm just urging Jag to take his own risk and vote for HM...believe me it's a risk that will also pay off bigtime.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #18) » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:47 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

Good game, jag and HM and everyone. I really hate sane cops. :p

Spot-on charge, MeMe. You are scum's worst nightmare sometimes.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”