Newbie 1057 -- Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Newbie 1057 -- Game Over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:13 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Welcome to NewbieVille! You've been hearing the news lately, and it's been just about the same thing, day in, day out. Except lately, there's been a sudden increase in unexplained crime. You've been ignoring it for a while, figuring it would go away, but it's just getting worse. Suddenly, the town Council has convened an Emergency Meeting, and chosen nine exemplary townfolk (you included!) to serve as a Committee for Dealing With Stuff.
As a member of this Committee, you have been given the power to question everyone in town and to decide who among you has infiltrated the town in order to take over. You, as a Committee, have the power to lynch one person each Day. Good luck!

Game Status

Game over

Deadline

Current Votecount
:

Player List:

Alive: (2/9)

RobCapone
Eternal_Phantom

MichelSableheart
(IC)

Dead: (7/9)

Spoiler: Here there be bodies

Furcolow, Vanilla Townie,
lynched Day One
MrTrow, Vanilla Townie,
shot Night One
Ptolemy, Vanilla Townie,
lynched Day Two
polaskaking
Royal Flush
, Vanilla Townie,
shot Night Two
AGar, Town Doctor,
lynched Day Three
Glass, Vanilla Townie,
killed in endgame
theplague42
TheJakalope* davidmoore
, Vanilla Townie,
killed in endgame
Last edited by Nobody Special on Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:49 pm, edited 39 times in total.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:14 am

Post by Nobody Special »

My Newbie Ruleset
(from KittyMo; provenance further within)

Game Rules (Modified from Zorblag, who modified them from Vel-Rahn Koon):

General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage.
3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
6. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

1. A simple majority of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4. Please submit votes as:
Vote: PlayerName. Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.

5. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
6. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
7. This game will have 3 week deadlines. At deadline, the player (or No Lynch) with the most votes will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the tie breaker will be the player who has the first active vote on them. Should there be no active votes at deadline no one will be lynched.
8. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

Bold, blue
text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.

5. Prods of missing players will be issued automatically after 72 hours of no activity or upon request after 48 hours of no activity. A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.
If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.
Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Helpful Links:
....what?

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:14 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Game Setup information:

The setup used for newbie games is F11. That includes this one. That means that one of these four setups have been randomly selected to be used for this game:
*1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Town Cop, 1 Town Doctor, 5 Vanilla Townies
*1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Vanilla Townies
*2 Mafia Goons, 1 Town Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies
*2 Mafia Goons, 1 Town Doctor, 6 Vanilla Townies

There will always be two mafia players and seven town players.

Here, following, are all the role pms:

[color=red][b]Mafia Roleblocker[/b][/color] wrote:XXXXX,
Welcome to Newbie 1035! You are a
Mafia Roleblocker
. You have a partner, and their name is
_________
. S/he is a
Mafia Goon
You may talk during pregame, which is until I start the game, or at night, using {this Quicktopic}.

Each night, you or your partner may send me the name of a player you would like to kill.
As long as you are alive, you or your partner may also send me the name of a player you would like to roleblock, preventing any night ability they might have from taking effect. If you, as Roleblocker, are the only mafia alive, you may submit both a Kill and a Roleblock.

You win if the Mafia comprise at least half the town, or if nothing can prevent the same from happening.

The game topic is here. Please confirm in-thread.

Good luck!
~~NS

[color=red][b]Mafia Goon[/b][/color] wrote:XXXXX,

Mafia Goon
. You have a partner, and their name is
_________
. S/he is a {
Mafia Goon
/
Mafia Roleblocker
}.
You may talk during pregame, which is until I start the game, or at night, using {this Quicktopic}.

Each night, you or your partner may send me the name of a player you would like to kill.

You win if the Mafia comprise at least half the town, or if nothing can prevent the same from happening.

Good luck!
~~NS

[color=olive][b]Town Cop[/b][/color] wrote:XXXXX,
Welcome to Newbie 1035! You are the
Town Cop

Each night, you may send me the name of someone you'd like to investigate. At the end of the night, if you're still alive, I will tell you if that player is Town or Mafia. Your results are guaranteed to be accurate, but if you are roleblocked you will be told there is No Result. You may not target yourself.

You win if all of the Mafia are dead.

Good luck!
~~NS

[color=olive][b]Town Doctor[/b][/color] wrote:XXXXX,
Welcome to Newbie 1035! You are the
Town Doctor

Each night, you may send me the name of someone you'd like to protect. If that player is targeted by a kill, that kill will fail. Your protection is guaranteed to work unless you are roleblocked. You will not be informed if you are roleblocked. You may not target yourself.

Good luck!
~NS

[color=green][b]Vanilla Townie[/b][/color] wrote:XXXXX,
Vanilla Townie

Each night, you may do nothing but sleep in your bed with the fear that you may be the next to die. Use every day wisely, you never know which one might be your last!

Good luck!
~~NS
....what?

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:15 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Role PMs are being sent out.
....what?

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:29 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Role PMs are being sent out.

All Role PMs have been sent out. Once seven players have confirmed in-thread, the game will begin.
....what?

Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:40 am

Post by Glass »

/confirm
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:22 am

Post by AGar »

mrifnoc\
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:40 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

I have read the rules, I have read my role pm, I don't have any questions. I'm ready for the game to begin. AKA /confirm.

@Everyone: in general, I try to post at least once a day (GMT +1). I'm pretty busy at university at the moment, so more then one post a day is possible but unlikely. Please don't get upset if I don't respond to you within five minutes, but feel free to pressure me if I go long periods without posting.

@Glass: what are your thoughts about having game related discussion before the game has officially begun?

As a warning to everyone to avoid a heated theory debate that doesn't help much in finding scum: early in the game, I tend to vote players for weak reasons that might indicate they are scum, rather then voting for complete joke reasons (random voting, as it's known). Personally, I believe that votes that actually hold a serious accusation, no matter how weak it is, are more likely to result in content that can be used for scumhunting.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:15 am

Post by Glass »

I am fine about having game related discussion prior to the game beginning; but the only thing you could really talk about is theory, which you already said does not help you find scum.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:50 am

I can't really follow that reasoning. Why would you only be able to discuss theory before the game starts? Everyone who posts in the thread has read their rolepm (or they wouldn't have confirmed), so their posts should give information about their alignements.
Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Townie
Ptolemy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:01 am

Post by Ptolemy »

/confirm
I'm a vig, can't you tell?
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:51 am

Post by Glass »

Michel wrote:Why would you only be able to discuss theory before the game starts?
I do not understand how you could talk about something game related that is not theory at this point.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:20 am

Easy. You find potentially suspicious behaviour and question it.

Ptolemy, any reason why you only confirmed? Why not get involved in the ongoing discussion? Trying to keep a low profile?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:57 pm

Post by Furcolow »

/confirm
Royal Flush
Royal Flush
Townie
Royal Flush
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by Royal Flush »

/confirm
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by Glass »

@Ptolemy + RF

Please get avatars so that it is easier that we can put a face to a name, makes it easier to remember who said what.
Royal Flush
Royal Flush
Townie
Royal Flush
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by Royal Flush »

How do you get an avatar?
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:55 pm

Post by Glass »

"User Control panel" --> "Profile" --> "Edit Avatar"

Done.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:04 pm

In the user control panel, under edit profile, there is the edit avatar tab. There, you can either upload a picture from your computer or give the url to the picture.

I'm going to have to ask you too, though. Why did you only confirm, even though there was ongoing discussion about the benefits of pre-game game related discussion?

@furcolow: start posting content, please. You don't have the excuse that you don't know how.
Royal Flush
Royal Flush
Townie
Royal Flush
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:31 pm

Post by Royal Flush »

Thank you both.

Sorry for not participating. I'll answer the question you asked Glass - I think discussion before the game is a good idea that can get the game rolling.

Also, I won't be online on Thursdays because of school, and I can only be online for a few hours on Fridays.
Eternal_Phantom
Eternal_Phantom
Townie
Eternal_Phantom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:17 am

Post by Eternal_Phantom »

/confirm And I think that's game.

I just came from my first game in 3 years. Sadly I noticed my instincts suck; the one important clue I noticed I discounted. Here I'll try to do better, it is a learning game after all. My goal is not to have to ask SEs or the IC how to find scum ^.^

To join the in discussion: I think theory discussion before game is helpful in a Newbie game, because they bring up things newbies need to think about that they might not know. In a regular game though, it's unnecessary because the experienced players should already have formed opinions on such things and to reveal your opinion might tip your hand to scum/town

Also @ MichelSablehart: Chill, the game hasn't even really started yet (Well it has now). It's a little early for pointing fingers:P
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:54 am

Post by Glass »

game on.

VOTE: Ptolemy
For not having an avatar.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:58 am

Post by Furcolow »

I'm willing to post content, but there isn't a lot to comment on.
I don't really like senselessly wagonning no avis.
Did you want a stance, Michael?
There's one.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:16 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 1.01

Ptolemy - 1 - Glass

Not Voting: Eternal_Phantom, davidmoore, MrTrow, Royal Flush, Ptolemy, AGar, Furcolow, MichelSableheart

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: February 17

V/LA: ...

....what?

Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:18 am

Post by Furcolow »

vote: agar
for his superior scum play

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”