Maximus
Goon
Maximus
Goon
Goon

Mini 159 - Medieval Mafia - Game over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:20 am

Post by Maximus »

Mafia, Seol, vikingfan, and Internet Stranger, wins.

The town, name is unknown since I'm not creative, is in a secret turmoil. There are smells of corruptions and starvation, while secretly in dark, different people with different opinions and different costumes, are planning various, sometimes scary, strategies to find and get rid of the darkness that has inhabited their town. King seems happy with his five beautiful mistresses, but deep inside those flashy palace halls, who knows what's going on. The serfs seem happy with their lands that they've "rightfully" acquired. The knights are just being chivalorious and writing songs about sadistic wartimes and terrible acne. And yet there are those misunderstood ones who everyone has doubted so far, and they have made a vow to prove themselves....once again.

Countrymen alive
:
Seol - Witty War Hero - Mafia

Claiming their grave
:
Iammars - Blacksmith - Townie - Lynched Day 1
The_Machine86 - Senile Alchemist - Doctor - Head chopped off Night 2
vikingfan - Infamous War Hero - Mafia - Brutally Murdered Night 2
chaotic_diablo - Merchant - Townie - Lynched Day 2
Save The Dragons - Watchman - Watcher - Stabbed Night 3
The Shadow - Constable - Cop - Head chopped off Night 3
Dodgy - Bandit in disguise - Serial Killer - Lynched Day 3
Internet Stranger - Constable??? - Mafia Cop - Stabbed Night 4
Soylent Green - Insane old man - Miller - Chopped into pieces Night 4
Astronaut - Former Bandit - One shot vig - Lynched Day 4
Medieval Cow - Cow(duh) - Townie - Killed endgame
Last edited by Maximus on Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:37 am, edited 10 times in total.
Maximus
Maximus
Goon
Maximus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:52 am

Post by Maximus »

Rules (stolen of course)

- Remember, it’s a game. It’s supposed to be played. It’s supposed to be fun. Do your part.
-
Votes must be in bold. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted.

- Please be attentive and unvote, if necessary, before casting a new vote. This is not required, but I’d appreciate it.
- Executions will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, his pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded. You may vote: no lynch – majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.
-
The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so.
- Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing.
- Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts.
- Don’t quote any PMs from me.

- If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. I will not wait for you – if you do not submit a choice to me, tough! No choice will be made.
- If you anticipate being
unavailable for more than a 48-hour period
, please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment.
Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
Maximus
Maximus
Goon
Maximus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:53 am

Post by Maximus »

Shadows lurking in the dark while one star is shining bright on the sky. Horses rumbled once or twice while pieces of paper were torn. A loud shriek heard from a house but turned out to be a bad nightmare....or was it? A wet sword found on a corner but no signs or smells of blood was noticed. Only some traces of herbal pills were found. Couple of townspeople arrived late due to lack of sleep or were they supposed to wake up at all? There are very minute clues on the table but underneath, it's a whole different story.

It is now Day 1. With 12 alive, it takes 7 to hang someone.
Captains and Kings may rule the world, but it is the presence of those we love and the memory of those we have lost, but who continue to live in our hearts, which bring beauty to living and make all that we do worthwhile.
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:08 pm

Post by Dodgy »

Ok well lets get this show on the road!
Random vote: Internet stranger
If it scares you, close your eyes, it might just disappear but don't scream, cos no one can hear!
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:12 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Yep, let's get going.

Random vote Seol
The Shadow
The Shadow
knows
The Shadow
knows
knows

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:20 pm

Post by The Shadow »

Vote:Dodge
for being the first player to post in the thread. :wink:
Corpses designed with you in mind
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:47 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

I will make a random idea. The personification in 'shadows' in post 2 could actually refer to 'The Shadow', which in turn means that 'The Shadow', the player, was the one doing the lurking. What the lurking is for, i have no idea. Anyway, this is just a wild guess and isn't really that serious.
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:48 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

I will make a random idea. The personification in 'shadows' in post 2 could actually refer to 'The Shadow', which in turn means that 'The Shadow', the player, was the one doing the lurking. What the lurking is for, i have no idea. Anyway, this is just a wild guess and isn't really that serious.
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:40 pm

Post by Iammars »

Shadow! Stop following me!
Random Vote: vikingfan
'cause I don't like the vikings.
More logic to come.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:49 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Shadow! Stop following me!
????? I don't understand what this means.
The Shadow
The Shadow
knows
The Shadow
knows
knows

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:58 pm

Post by The Shadow »

Newbie 86, 'nuff said.

@Iammers: Don't blame me. :oops:
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:41 pm

Post by The_Machine86 »

Maximus wrote:
Only some traces of herbal pills were found.
I'm guessing that was the doc? Anyway, Random Vote...

Vote Seol
"A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me, she said 'no'."
Woody Allen
The Shadow
The Shadow
knows
The Shadow
knows
knows

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:51 pm

Post by The Shadow »

I'm not super familiar with how mini games work as far as setup. But it seems to me as if there should be more then one killing group with 12 people. Are there generally two docs in a mini?
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:59 pm

Post by The_Machine86 »

Pends on the mod, but usually only one doc and cop... although there may be a back up.
"A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me, she said 'no'."
Woody Allen
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:02 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Usually if there's only one mafia group, there's usually either more of them or else there's the presence of a godfather. Both are common.

As for 2 docs, there's almost always a doc(except for strange scenarios such as Mountainous Mafia), and sometimes a backup doc(though the backup usually only acts after the doc dies). If I'm wrong on any of this, someone freel free to correct me.

But in any case, it's always wise to follow the #1 rule of Mafia: never try to outguess the mod. Every mod is different and every game varies.
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:04 pm

Post by The_Machine86 »

There is also sometimes a SK or Vig to spice things up
Woody Allen
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:06 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

Vote: Vikingfan
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Medieval Cow
Medieval Cow
Townie
Medieval Cow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:11 pm

Post by Medieval Cow »

The_Machine86 wrote:I'm guessing that was the doc?
Oooh yeah. I was trying to figure out why no one died last night, and wondering if the mafia managed to not send in a kill on the first night. Now I realize I'm just an idiot. Hey, good job to whoever our doctor(s) is/are!

And now down to business.
The Shadow wrote:Vote:Dodge for being the first player to post in the thread. :wink:
Ok,
Vote: The Shadow
for trying to scare people away from posting/voting. Clearly a mafia move.
"Greatest hits albums are for housewives and little girls!" - Bruce McCullough, Kids in the Hall
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:36 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

If anyone DARES so much as mention the Jeep doc tell, I'm going to shoot them.

I think that was more just a vote than a method of discouragement.

Yeah, N86 rules. ;)

Vote Machine
Because I like can, mmkay?

I would say each game varies on the mod. Most games probably have 3 mafia or 2 maf and 1 SK, although 4 baddies or multiple SKs are never out of the question. I think Maximus would be a mod striving for the more creative than tradition, but then again this is his first modding game. Either way, I'm pretty much done discussing the set up until we get some information.

Herbal pills don't sound medieval, although I'm no expert in Medieval medicine. I have to admit, the whole thing does sound like an attempted kill and doc protect. I'm curious of the torn pieces of paper and horses about, but it's probably just flavor.
Maximus
Maximus
Goon
Maximus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:42 pm

Post by Maximus »

Flavor...hmm what kind cherry? Or is it really all flavor?

Vote Count

1 - Internet Stranger (Dodgy)
2 - Seol (vikingfan, TheMachine)

1 - Dodgy (The Shadow)
2 - Vikingfan (Iammars, Internet Stranger)

1 - The Shadow (MC)
1 - The Machine (STD)
Captains and Kings may rule the world, but it is the presence of those we love and the memory of those we have lost, but who continue to live in our hearts, which bring beauty to living and make all that we do worthwhile.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:56 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Aren't you forgetting the list of those not voting? Every good mod includes it! :D :) 8) :)
Maximus
Maximus
Goon
Maximus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:17 pm

Post by Maximus »

Bah, too lazy.
Medieval Cow
Medieval Cow
Townie
Medieval Cow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:52 pm

Post by Medieval Cow »

<idle speculation>
I think we can pretty safely assume that there's only one killing group (besides, perhaps a vigilante). I can't imagine any mafia/serial killer wouldn't have gotten a pick in before the deadline, as everyone confirmed pretty quickly. And working out some odds..

There's a 1 in 12 chance that the doc and the mafia would pick the same person the first night. Unlikely, but certainly not out of the question. Especially considering that that appears to be what happened here. Add in a second mafia or a serial killer, though, and the odds jump to 1 in 144 that all three would pick the same person (1/12 x 1/12). Of course, those odds change if you factor in something like them being unlikely to kill/protect a new player/someone who's been killed first in a couple games recently. But even assuming that and taking away, say, three people, the odds would still only be 1 in 81 (1/9 x 1/9) that three would pick the same person. If you add in a second doctor, things get a little thornier, but they drop to roughly 1 in 75 (I believe. My math may be a bit off there, it's been a while since I took Statistics) or roughly 1 in 43 assuming three new/oft-first-night-killed people (again, assuming my math is correct).

Then again:
Maximus wrote:
Couple of townspeople arrived late due to lack of sleep or were they supposed to wake up at all?
If "a couple" townspeople weren't supposed to wake up, that rather implies that more than one killing group was thwarted, right? So.. yeah. If that's meant as a hint, well, I guess 1 chance in 144 would still mean there's a chance, eh?
</idle speculation>
"Greatest hits albums are for housewives and little girls!" - Bruce McCullough, Kids in the Hall
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:47 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Medieval Cow wrote:<idle speculation>
I think we can pretty safely assume that there's only one killing group (besides, perhaps a vigilante). I can't imagine any mafia/serial killer wouldn't have gotten a pick in before the deadline, as everyone confirmed pretty quickly. And working out some odds..
I won't quote your whole thing, but I think that's pretty interesting. You haven't taken into account role-blockers, or the scum may not have wanted to kill day 1 (although that's probably crap).

Medieval Cow wrote:Of course, those odds change if you factor in something like them being unlikely to kill/protect a new player/someone who's been killed first in a couple games recently.
I have never seen this and I honestly doubt its existence. But I like the way you think.
MC wrote:
Maximus wrote:
Couple of townspeople arrived late due to lack of sleep or were they supposed to wake up at all?
If "a couple" townspeople weren't supposed to wake up, that rather implies that more than one killing group was thwarted, right? So.. yeah. If that's meant as a hint, well, I guess 1 chance in 144 would still mean there's a chance, eh?
</idle speculation>
Even with a doc and a sucessful roleblock I doubt that's the possibility. I'd say we're looking for a group of 3, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were different.

Maximus: A tip:
Save The Dragons wrote: Not voting: A bunch of people.
:wink:
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:47 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Actually, the odds are a little lower than 1-in-12. That would be true if the odds were perfect but they're not. For one thing, it would be a very dumb mafia that would target themselves. Say there are four mafia, for instance. Then the mafia would go after one of the other eight, so the odds are one-in-eight. In 90% of mafia games, the doc cannot self-protect(take a look at some of the other games in Little Italy). So those odds are probably one in eleven(though it's very possible this is one of the 10% that isn't self-protect). Or am I missing something in my math(feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)? Math problems like this are fun to theorize about, actually.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”