yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:17 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Oh I was supposed to rage? I mean I could've gone on about how Peregrine was so fucking obvTown that this exemplified the fact that Mafia is all just random bullshit. That and the fact that SRG stayed up at fucking midnight to produce reads on players that were so damn genuine that I thought there was no way he couldn't be scum. And the fact that had people actually listened to my Swift case, even if for some reason it was actually inaccurate, it would've lynched scum. I had Swift-scum nailed, even, but that's really all I can claim. I could've gone on about how either IS or I had kept our mouths shut just a little bit, things might've actually been better. But I don't need to go on about how this was all just another session of bullshit, because that's how I feel bad in the end. I actually feel quite bad despite getting shafted pretty badly.

The problem I have is this - if I suddenly STOP being active, then it suddenly becomes a matter of "wait, where the fuck is yabb when it actually matters?" So I can't really stop being a loudmouth, but that said, I have to remember that I am absolutely rubbish at hunting and need to shut up more from the start.

It was kinda necessary though with the way Day 1 went.

Also miffed that the 2-shot vig never got both shots off. We shouldn't have no lynched that one Day, but we were really all over the map. Unlucky the replacement had to happen.

@Snake: Thanks, it was a fun game. You should be more frequent with votecounts and actually have a set inactivity interval for prods instead of having the players ask or you putting a subjective parameter on it. The game ran very smoothly though and it was good.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:25 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

I was a three shot actually. I think he just said 2 because I used one.

Now you see why I wanted to rage at the guy I replaced?
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:26 am

Post by yabbaguy »

So you were crumbing?

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:25 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Yeah. Also why I was kinda fishing for peoples second opinions. Last thing I wanted was to end up where I did save the game by shooting scum only to have them CC me.
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:34 am

Post by yabbaguy »

I actually feel quite bad despite getting shafted pretty badly.

Quite good*, by the way.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Swiftstrike
Swiftstrike
Goon
Swiftstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:43 am

Post by Swiftstrike »

What an enjoyable game, I called Ant town vig after we went to night but we were wary of a possible vig there so never intended to move quickly onto a David lynch or anyone else's just in-case.

As with SRG I have no problem with release of the scum thread and look forward to getting to see the dead thread soon.

Yabba you did have me but for the wrong reasons me pulling you on your 4 orange players was a way to get back into the game without really having to comment on pushing the lynch on jam or trying to fake a response to his role flip and as for the MYLO thing that is something that gets confirmed a fair bit on the other site I play and it seemed again an easy 1st post of the day to not have to try put in a response to Sky flipping gunsmith that might seem insincere.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:59 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Great game all!!
Have to agree with Ant. The vig not using his shots doesn't make sense, esp. given how "certain" Rikana was.

@Yabba- good call on Swift. I've seen worse cases, but I couldn't follow you on that one for obvious reasons. :)

@Swift & SRG - great game and good communication overall. SRG don't worry about the V/LA, it happens to us all.

@Snake- The game went smoothly. There were parts where it slowed up, but thank God it didn't die completely like some other games. I also liked the pictures- way cool.
Thanks for modding!!
JAMFTW
JAMFTW
Goon
JAMFTW
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:44 am

Post by JAMFTW »

The dead zone is, and had been, pretty quiet overall. Not much going on/worth reading there, sadly.
Show
Record so far:

Town
:
-
-

Scum
:
-
-

Third Party:
-
-
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:38 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Oh, and I'm OK with scum QT being posted.
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:41 am

Post by SomeRandomGuy »

http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/6qeTQvm4tEsq/p-1.-1

since all have said it's ok and i believe it's alright to post :)
Town: 2-1
-=-
Scum 1-1

Alive in: 0
Dead in: 0 : Ongoing game
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:55 am

Post by yabbaguy »

I still don't get how I was ever called scummy. "White knight" succumbed to what I personally call the BBQ Fallacy - trying to use a meaningless acronym or buzzword in an attempt to explain everything when it explains nothing. I'm glad a lynch never went through, because the only cases on me were impossible ones.

You know, this is why I feel Mafia is all random bullshit. One game a tell was right, the next it steers you hopelessly the wrong way, such as SRG's genuine-sounding fake-out at L-1. And since there's never a damn indication one way or the other, one always gets it hopelessly wrong. But I find Deal or No Deal really fun, so I like this as well.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:58 am

Post by PeregrineV »

yabbaguy wrote:I still don't get how I was ever called scummy. "White knight" succumbed to what I personally call the BBQ Fallacy - trying to use a meaningless acronym or buzzword in an attempt to explain everything when it explains nothing. I'm glad a lynch never went through, because the only cases on me were impossible ones.

You know, this is why I feel Mafia is all random bullshit. One game a tell was right, the next it steers you hopelessly the wrong way, such as SRG's genuine-sounding fake-out at L-1. And since there's never a damn indication one way or the other, one always gets it hopelessly wrong. But I find Deal or No Deal really fun, so I like this as well.

Honestly, I feel part of the game is separating the chaff from the bullshit to arrive at some sort of conclusion. And when you're town, I find arriving at a conclusion the hardest thing to do. So part of what makes the game fun is the uncertainty and trying to do better next time.

For example, as town I've lynched the doc day1 in two games for his lurky/dodgy behavior.

I now think that the doc player in general is trying to play under the radar to be more effective, so now I have to incorporate that into my scumhunting.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

yGDB updated. Wish I knew one thing, ant's claiming 3-shot, but Snake's said 2-shot twice now.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Sky
Sky
Goon
Sky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by Sky »

Thank you Snake for a fun game.

Town got raped.
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:38 pm

Post by SnakePlissken »

It was 2 shot, it was my mistake when he agreed to take over the role I said 3. WHen I checked the role PM i realised my mistake. fortunately it had no bearing on the game overall. Rikana really screwed the town over by not using them at all, it was too late by the time Ant had to take his game winning/losing shot.
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:40 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

I really do believe that IS deserves to be awarded a Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci for his play here..
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*
Rikana
Rikana
Goon
Rikana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by Rikana »

Uh no.

I actually have a
huge
problem with Snake's modding in this game.

I asked for a replacement on the 10th of August.

I got back yesterday, so you might be able to sense who I am, but I tell no secrets.

However, this is what I found in my inbox.

SP wrote:I'll VLA you until Sunday then, either way that gives you a few days as we should hit deadline. See where you are then.

SP.

I didn't fuck up the town. I asked for a replacement. SP gave me a V/LA until Sunday. I knew it would be impossible for me to keep up with the game, which is what I said. Why he gave me a V/LA when I even specifically said in the PM that I would tell him if I could replace back into myself after my replacement note? I really have no clue, and it's annoying me pretty badly.

So, basically, I couldn't use any shots because the last thing I was going to do, not to make anyone angry or anything, was to play a game on an alt. that I barely kept up with at any rate. I will apologize for not shooting on N2, that was probably my only real mistake, but I couldn't do anything N3, due to not being there. I would've never shot on N1. That's just a policy with myself, unless I'm deadset on scum. When I say deadset, I mean incriminating evidence with backup from other people.
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:42 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

You actually said
might
need to replace which is why I suggested the V/LA, but it didn't matter by that point scum had it all but sown up. I'll be posting notes and VIPs in a little while as I have now returned from my Hols.
Show

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
Rikana
Rikana
Goon
Rikana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:27 pm

Post by Rikana »

The subject was Replace Me, and the message itself, in conclusion said replace this spot. I did say I may need a replacement, and I'll contact you further if I don't, but I most definitely did not contact you further.

Don't underestimate my words though, what you did was a nice and kind, but it's really inappropriate to say that by asking for a replacement and getting a random V/LA and a replacement after made me really screw the town.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:31 am

Post by Empking »

WT?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:15 am

Post by Empking »

QT?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:50 pm

Post by SnakePlissken »

(Roles by peoples names, if blank denotes VT)

1. SomeRandomGuy
- Mafia Goon

2. Internet Stranger
3. BeautyUndead

4. PeregrineV
- Mafia Goon

5. FightingShadow

6. Rikana
-
2 shot Vigilante

7. JAMFTW
-
Jailkeeper

8. Swiftstrike
-
Mafia Godfather

9. malpascp
10. smallpeoples343
11. bristep123
12. Empking

13. Sky
-
Gunsmith

http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/ngVTPC6bghe - Dead Thread

http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/6qeTQvm4tEsq - Mafia topic

As this was my first game as mod I was more than a little nervous so thanks for bearing with me and pointing out stuff as we went along. Also, sorry for the dealy on this round up. It was sitting on my work Laptop which failed and needed a rebuild and I had to get my IT team to put the backup back on (We aren't allowed to do it ourselves although it would have been quicker). Any hoo here we go.

Scum MVP
- This is actually quite hard as the team pulled off a clean sweep/flawless victory. I should award it to the whole team, however it was
Swiftstrike
pulling the strings so it has to goto him (This is becoming a habit in my games..)

Town MVP
- This has to goto the returning
yabbaguy,
he pretty much nailed on the whole scumteam at somepoint or other during the game, shame no one listened.

Well done to you all though you made my first modded game so much easier. Even with replacements and again thanks to all of those. Just to let you know I have a game coming up in the mini them queue shortly Im undecided whether to do my Kiss (Band) game or Wacky Races..
Show

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

fin.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”