Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:01 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 48, Rhinox wrote:hmm... well I'm still not entirely saitisfied with cobbler but there is another thing I've noticed.

IIOA, IIOA, Random Vote?, IIOA.

Noticing this pattern here with Yos. Its still early and I can give a pass on the first 3 because collectively they're basically your first post and you were answering distinct questions, but the last 1 is starting to raise some red flags for me. Too much talk about theory*.

The last one is also somewhat strange in that he's correcting someone for saying something similar to what he said in his second post. That they'd prefer to go after wolves first.

Yos what is drastically different from what scooby says here

I think I'd rather get rid of the werewolf nk first.
I also think that it's more easy to catch mafia when there are a lot of them because they interact more.

form you here:

Probably a wolf; bringing the warewolf group from 2 members down to 1 member hurts them more then lowering the mafia group from 3 members to 2 members hurts them.
Dosn't really matter that much, though.

that needed you to educate him of the risks of ignoring the mafia?

@Rhinox: Isnt questions on theory commonly used in RQS though?
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:05 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 50, Sir Bastion wrote:@Rhinox: Isnt questions on theory commonly used in RQS though?

Yes, but thats not whats happening here.

We're also past RVS/RQS time at this point anyways.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:00 am

Post by Primate »

Hi.

@Yos: Yep, t'is true. It's easier getting angry about someone else being wrong on the internet when you *know* they're wrong.

Like Sir Bastions attempts to get the game moving out of RVS. I disagree with the statement that because he's not asking useful questions it reflects badly on him. Obviously it would be better if he did, but my default assumption is that someone who intentionally makes themselves the a focal point early game gets townie points. Also maybe he's fooling me, but I think his play here is pretty transparent.

We don't no-lynch. Aside from the fact numbers aren't on our side it's a waste of a day and we don't learn anything from the kill. If we do it at all we do it later.

Not sure whether I'm happier if we lynch mafia or werewolf first. I think that's a decision that needs foreknowledge of who the wolves pick for their nightkill. I think we just try and lynch scum.

@TheOtherFiction: Why would SirBastion try to hide the fact that another player called him town as scum? Are you implying that Cobbler and SirB may be scumbuddies?

Don't like TOF's early use of the word case to describe points against him.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:20 am

Post by Rhinox »

Hey everyone just a heads up I'm going to have
limited access this weekend
while I'm away from home for a wedding. I'll have smartphone access only, don't expect any long winded responses or quoting, but I'll probably be able to read everything.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

most of my posting is done from a smartphone :D
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
TheOtherFiction
TheOtherFiction
Townie
TheOtherFiction
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:01 am

Post by TheOtherFiction »

@TheOtherFiction: Why would SirBastion try to hide the fact that another player called him town as scum? Are you implying that Cobbler and SirB may be scumbuddies?

Indeed, but it's just an early read. Since Cobbler and SirBastion are relatively new, I figured that Cobbler's early kinda "town read" to be suspicious. I shouldn't suppose that the "join date" necessarily indicates how long they've played or how strong they are in this game, but it was just a feeling with that.

It's not very strong, of course, but I think the pressure on cobbler is telling, however. I get what cobbler is saying, but it just seems like a bit of trying to save a mistake. It isn't something to lynch over yet. We have plenty of day left.

Meanwhile, Rhin is absolutely right about Yos2. I see no reason for a seasoned player to focus so much on theory and babysitting newer players when he could at least accompany his opinion on game theory with opinion on the actual game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:20 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 48, Rhinox wrote:hmm... well I'm still not entirely saitisfied with cobbler but there is another thing I've noticed.

Noticing this pattern here with Yos. Its still early and I can give a pass on the first 3 because collectively they're basically your first post and you were answering distinct questions, but the last 1 is starting to raise some red flags for me. Too much talk about theory*.

Posting information, or setup discussion, or whatever, is only a scumtell if you do it instead of actual scumhunting. I don't think anyone this game had done any actual scumhunting as of page 2, so you're basically just calling me out for posting more stuff then other people. Discussing the setup is actually a perfeclty good way to get conversation going on early pages of a game. "information instead of analysis" is a silly thing to say, at a point of the game where there's nothing to analyze.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:23 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 50, Sir Bastion wrote:

The last one is also somewhat strange in that he's correcting someone for saying something similar to what he said in his second post. That they'd prefer to go after wolves first.

Yos what is drastically different from what scooby says here

I think I'd rather get rid of the werewolf nk first.
I also think that it's more easy to catch mafia when there are a lot of them because they interact more.

form you here:

Probably a wolf; bringing the warewolf group from 2 members down to 1 member hurts them more then lowering the mafia group from 3 members to 2 members hurts them.
Dosn't really matter that much, though.

that needed you to educate him of the risks of ignoring the mafia?

There's a big difference between "it would be nice to lynch a wolf day 1" and "we want to wipe out the wolf group before we worry about the mafia." Basically, what I'm saying is that if we lynch a member from scum group A on day one, we want to try to lynch someone from scum group B on day two. We really do not want to focus on just one scumgroup while the other scumgroup cruises to a win, we want to shrink both scumgroups as we go.

And it actually does make a significant difference to how the town plays; usually after you lynch a scum, you focus on looking for connections and trying to find possible partners, but in a jungle republic game, you don't necessarily want to do that right away.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:28 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

On an unrelated note, Primate's inital post sounded vaugly town-ish to me, so I'll
Unvote:Primate

Vote:princesskdw
, who hasn't posted yet. (/slightly better then random vote since I have a weak town read on a few people and obviously have no read on her.)
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:34 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 58, Yosarian2 wrote:On an unrelated note, Primate's inital post sounded vaugly town-ish to me, so I'll

, who hasn't posted yet. (/slightly better then random vote since I have a weak town read on a few people and obviously have no read on her.)

Why did you feel the need to type the parenthesized?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:45 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 59, Cobblerfone wrote:
In post 58, Yosarian2 wrote:On an unrelated note, Primate's inital post sounded vaugly town-ish to me, so I'll

Do you think there's any harm to me explaining my vote here? It's cool to vote people without explaning to see how they react, but you only get a useful reaction if they are going to wonder if you have some kind of magic super-awesome scum read on them based on something; there's no point to doing that in a daystart game on day 1 while voting for someone who hasn't posted yet. Otherwise, I think it's usually useful to explain why you're doing what you're doing.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:49 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 60, Yosarian2 wrote:

Do you think there's any harm to me explaining my vote here? It's cool to vote people without explaning to see how they react, but you only get a useful reaction if they are going to wonder if you have some kind of magic super-awesome scum read on them based on something; there's no point to doing that in a daystart game on day 1 while voting for someone who hasn't posted yet. Otherwise, I think it's usually useful to explain why you're doing what you're doing.

I thought "who hasn't posted yet" would've covered that.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:54 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 61, Cobblerfone wrote:
In post 60, Yosarian2 wrote:

I thought "who hasn't posted yet" would've covered that.

(shrug)

Again, I'm not sure I get the reasoning behind this like of questioning. Do you think there's something anti-town about me sharing my thought process behind my vote? I generally think that's a helpful thing to do most of the time, since it should make it easier for people to read me.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:35 pm

Post by crypto »

Feels pretty good over here in the land of lynching Yosarian2.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:36 pm

Post by crypto »

You guys should come over for a visit sometime. We could play cards and tell scary stories over the campfire.

And also lynch Yosarian2.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 64, crypto wrote:You guys should come over for a visit sometime. We could play cards and tell scary stories over the campfire.

And also lynch Yosarian2.

Aww. But I like playing cards and campfires.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:51 pm

Post by crypto »

I guess we could do those things first. Kinda like Jesus and the Last Supper.
TheOtherFiction
TheOtherFiction
Townie
TheOtherFiction
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by TheOtherFiction »

Only Yos2 doesn't come back from the dead? Crypto, how serious are you on lynching Yos2? IE, should I expect super awesome in depth amazing scum details?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:35 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 66, crypto wrote:I guess we could do those things first. Kinda like Jesus and the Last Supper.

Wait wait wait. Are you softclaiming Judas? I didn't think that role existed in this game.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by crypto »

In post 67, TheOtherFiction wrote:Only Yos2 doesn't come back from the dead? Crypto, how serious are you on lynching Yos2? IE, should I expect super awesome in depth amazing scum details?
Rule of thumb: Posts by crypto are always serious.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by crypto »

You can keep trying to trivialize it with jokes and such, Yos, but I'll get you sooner or later.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 62, Yosarian2 wrote:Again, I'm not sure I get the reasoning behind this like of questioning. Do you think there's something anti-town about me sharing my thought process behind my vote? I generally think that's a helpful thing to do most of the time, since it should make it easier for people to read me.

There's nothing anti-town about it. It just looked like it was scum overdefending a change in vote.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by havingfitz »

I'll read up over the next day or two but
I'll be v/LA over the holiday weekend.
Might get a few posts in but no promises.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:22 am

Post by StefanB »

princesskdw and MaxMontag have been proded.
Votecount incomming.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:28 am

Post by StefanB »

TheOtherFiction: iamausername, scooby (L-5)
Yosarian2: Cobblerfone, crypto (L-5)
Primate: Sir Bastion (L-6)
Cobblerfone: Rhinox (L-6)
princesskdw: Yosarian2

votingfailure: TheOtherFiction

Not Voting: Primate, havingfitz, princesskdw, MaxMontag

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is now permanent in post 4

VLAs from havingfitz and Rhinox noted.

Return to “Completed Open Games”