MatthewV
MatthewV
Ninja
MatthewV
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2002 2:04 pm

Post by MatthewV »

Medicated Lain...quick to claim the role of innocent townsperson. This claim seems fast and unprovoked. Newbe not knowing better? Mafia trying to derail something before it happens? Im curious and suspicious.
vote Medicated Lain

we do have to lynch, right?
No lynch is a possible vote (i think you can read about it in his rules) BUT it is a stupid idea on night one because it allows the mafia to make another kill for free. If you vote no lynch, there is a good chance that you will be lynched.
Disclaimer: This informatin may not be used against me in any way, shape, size or form.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2002 5:49 pm

Post by Sugar »

With nothing insightful nor witty to add to the conversation, I'll do what Werebear did and randomly poke a quiet one. His got an interesting reaction.

Vote: Beaudoin
[color=#500000] [size=75]Man! Today is so loopy! - The Tick[/size][/color]
Beaudoin
Beaudoin
Watcher
Beaudoin
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2002 6:00 pm

Post by Beaudoin »

*is poked*

I usually just end up lurking the first day or so unless something provokes me to bring stuff up (like a major role reveal such as cop, or a null vote, or so on). However, if you seem insistent on my input, quercitron's logic is fairly sound (especially with jeep's role names), but it also is kind of circular in nature. Especially convenient since he said the only safe Townie claim was the first, and his was. But Medicated Lain did seem a bit...anxious to defend his towniehood. So, throwing my vote on the biggest bandwagon,
Vote: Medicated Lain
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:22 pm

Post by jeep »

Vote Count

Jadesmar 3 (quercitron, mathcam, Nyarlathotep)
Medicated Lain 3 (Werebear, MatthewV, Beaudoin)
quercitron 1 (Lystrodom)
Werebear 1 (Medicated Lain)
Beaudoin 1 (Sugar)

Not Voting: cuban smoker, jadesmar

-JEEP
Nyarlathotep
Nyarlathotep
Townie
Nyarlathotep
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:26 am

Post by Nyarlathotep »

thanks matthewv, that makes sense.

i'm sticking to jadesmar for now. at least lain didn't try to use some kind of backwards logic to try to prove us that he's not scum.

nyarlathotep
Beaudoin
Beaudoin
Watcher
Beaudoin
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2002 7:34 am

Post by Beaudoin »

Damn, Lain wasn't the biggest bandwagon? I need to read more. ><

Oh well, I'll keep my vote on him for now, but if jadesmar gets another vote or two I'll switch.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2002 9:35 am

Post by Sugar »

Unvote: Beaudoin

Because that's all the vote was for, really, a response. Both of the current bandwagons make sense, but I hesitate to take either player up to four votes at this point. I'll withhold a vote for now, but I'm leaning towards voting for Jadesmar if he doesn't show up soon and say something.
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:32 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

Werebear wrote:I understand the concept, Quercitron, but it still seems a little forthright. Anyways, 'mostly random vote' time - chosen among the quiet ones.

MatthewV wrote:Medicated Lain...quick to claim the role of innocent townsperson. This claim seems fast and unprovoked. Newbe not knowing better? Mafia trying to derail something before it happens? Im curious and suspicious.
vote Medicated Lain

we do have to lynch, right?
No lynch is a possible vote (i think you can read about it in his rules) BUT it is a stupid idea on night one because it allows the mafia to make another kill for free. If you vote no lynch, there is a good chance that you will be lynched.

UNPROVOKED!? i was simply stating i'm a townsperson, because werebear voted me!
Beaudoin
Beaudoin
Watcher
Beaudoin
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:15 pm

Post by Beaudoin »

He voted you merely because you hadn't said anything. Usually you don't have to worry about one vote like that. When there are two or three, yeah, say something. But not one. Your response seemed far too...jumpy for a simple "Hey, say something" vote. Thus, the reason for my (and I suspect MatthewV's) vote.
Beaudoin responds: "Hey! Well, no hard feeling, I guess. Since 2 is greater than 3, I'll help y'all string up Medicated Lain" -jeep, Minigame 20
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2002 3:23 pm

Post by Werebear »

Half the time, you get nothing from the quiet ones... the other half you get "Uh, sorry I haven't been on" messages... rarely do you get such a rounding countermessage. I feel honoured. *Grin*
MatthewV
MatthewV
Ninja
MatthewV
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Dec 22, 2002 8:54 am

Post by MatthewV »

Yes...claiming a role when you have one vote is unprovoked. (everything else Beaudoin said I agree with.) I will continue to hold my vote.
Disclaimer: This informatin may not be used against me in any way, shape, size or form.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:17 am

Post by Sugar »

Just popping in to say I checked, and jadesmar hasn't posted in any game here for a week, now. Cuban smoker's also absent, but he told us he'd be away for a week. So I've no idea what to do, it seems only sporting to wait a bit on those two. Meanwhile, I'll be keeping up on the discussion and post again with a vote tonight or tomorrow.
Lystrodom
Lystrodom
Watcher
Lystrodom
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Dec 22, 2002 11:21 am

Post by Lystrodom »

*Realizes Beaudion makes more sense then him.*

Unvote: Quercitron

jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Dec 22, 2002 6:59 pm

Post by jeep »

Vote Count
Medicated Lain 4 (Werebear, MatthewV, Beaudoin, Lystrodom)
Jadesmar 3 (quercitron, mathcam, Nyarlathotep)
Werebear 1 (Medicated Lain)

Not Voting: cuban smoker, jadesmar, Sugar
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:59 pm

Post by mathcam »

Well, I suppose I can be convinced to change my vote in order to speed things up a bit, but it seems to me like we're voting for Lain for bad reasons, whereas I'm at least voting for jadesmar for
no reason.

I guess I feel slightly suspicious of Lystrodom's

*Realizes Beaudion makes more sense then him.*

In my mind, more like *Realizes Lystrodom should jump on largest bandwagon to ensure quick kill and ensure mafia victory whether or not Beaudoin is making sense*. It doesn't seem to me like people
actually
conceding points around here is very common, unless it's done to win over a voting block.

Cam
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2002 6:07 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

replaced?!? by furball?!?

Im hurt.

Oh well.

(knows Werebear's role)

off to mini..whichever is next.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2002 6:49 am

Post by Werebear »

IS, if you want it back, it was yours to begin with. Just post that you're back, and I'll leave.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2002 6:56 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

mwahaha! oh no.. its ALL yours.

enjoy =0)
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Beaudoin
Beaudoin
Watcher
Beaudoin
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:15 pm

Post by Beaudoin »

mathcam wrote:Well, I suppose I can be convinced to change my vote in order to speed things up a bit, but it seems to me like we're voting for Lain for bad reasons, whereas I'm at least voting for jadesmar for
no reason.

Just as a point of curiosity, why is no logic better than bad logic? Don't take this as a FOS or anything, it's genuine curiosity.

I personally think that some logic, bad or not, is at least on the same level as no logic at all. Otherwise it just becomes a guessing game.
Beaudoin responds: "Hey! Well, no hard feeling, I guess. Since 2 is greater than 3, I'll help y'all string up Medicated Lain" -jeep, Minigame 20
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:21 pm

Post by Sugar »

Vote: jadesmar

But unlike mathcam, I'm doing so for a very good reason... because I said I would. :wink:
hitman
hitman
Watcher
hitman
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:49 pm

Post by hitman »

Could I join the game?
MatthewV
MatthewV
Ninja
MatthewV
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:51 pm

Post by MatthewV »

Medicated Lain seems to be overreacting for each vote coming at him. This and the role claim with one vote is the reason I am voting for him.

Once again, why are people voting for Jadesmar? From the four people voting for this silent person, the best reason I could find comes from Sugar. Although I would like Jadesmar to say something, it seems strange to have 4 votes on one person without a reason.

Ugh, I have my monitor. It is making strange lines just to drive me insane....GRRRR :cry:
MatthewV
MatthewV
Ninja
MatthewV
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:56 pm

Post by MatthewV »

Hitman wrote:Could I join the game?

the only way in is if we need a replacement, so probably not.

Go to the Queue and sign up for the next game (this link can easily be found on the main page) http://mafiascum.net/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=4

Oh, in my last post have=hate my #@$ monitor
Nyarlathotep
Nyarlathotep
Townie
Nyarlathotep
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2002 10:02 am

Post by Nyarlathotep »

i don't know, man, i just jumped early on a bandwagon when there was not a lot of other options (not that i think there currently is).

anyway, if the tide swerves significantly toward medlain i'll switch my vote in the interests of keeping the game rolling. like i said before, i'm pretty new at all this, everybody seems pretty much full of crap as far as i can tell.

i _am_, however, a philosophy student, so if you want my vote to get off random mode, you better come up with a good rationale. in the meantime i'll wait and see.

nyarlathotep
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2002 1:40 pm

Post by mathcam »

Just as a point of curiosity, why is no logic better than bad logic? Don't take this as a FOS or anything, it's genuine curiosity.

I personally think that some logic, bad or not, is at least on the same level as no logic at all. Otherwise it just becomes a guessing game.

Well, if we can define good logic to be logic that leads us to toward identifying a mafia person, and bad logic to be the complement of good logic, then applying bad logic will increase our chances of hitting a townsperson over a random killing. I agree that the first day is often just a guessing game, unles either a) we are convinced by the mafia to follow bad logic or b) the mafia make a slip of the toungue and we nail 'em. But, hopefully, a guessing game is good for us. And if we don't believe this, then we should perhaps reconsider voting someone off the first day. It's not always the correct play (and this is easily proven) to lynch someone the first day, despite those who insist that it is.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I'm usually more suspicious of people who make faulty claims than those like MedicatedLain who react in a way different than the community standard here on mafiascum.net. This is, of course, not to say anything about the innocence or guilt of Lain. I've already confessed to having no real reason for voting Jadesmar other than trying to get something out of him, but again, I'm willing to switch if any more powerful evidence comes to bear.

Cam

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”