Micro 28: Kingmaker Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:20 am

Post by Empking »

In post 81, Battousai wrote:
New Rule: You may not say or hint at who you picked for King. I can discuss this after game.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:32 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

cough cough cough, totally forgot about that.
in that case, since the game is stalling a little bit and I'm feeling good, I am (obviously) the king and would really like to execute either guile or uct.
consensus is easily uct which makes me think he has a good chance of death tomorrow if I choose guile today, but the only thing holding me back are the AI and RXK slots.
uct has done some things that make me hesitate for a moment on his scumminess which is also why I favor guile, but AI has done shit not shit and has a decent chance of being scum thanks to my townreads all over the fucking place, and RXK hasn't done much either although I still have a weak townread on him.

so my question is to you all is would tears fall if I executed guile, or do people feel waaay stronger about uct?
keep in mind i will listen to you a bit more than I would in a normal game because this is kingmaker and it's important to hold people's opinions in account so the game doesn't become bullshit, etc. etc.

I will not be executing Empking, Klick, Rach, Maverick, or myself under any circumstances (although major townpoints to the person who can convincingly call me scum when I can lynch the shit out of you whenever the hell I want because that takes balls balls balls), so everyone should probably give choices for the execute with reasoning now. I am especially eager in guile's and UCT's responses because I suspect them both of being scum, which means that they could try to go bus mode and guarantee scumdeath today, or they could choose someone else which would link them together harder but improve chances of survival.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
MaverickMaestro
MaverickMaestro
Goon
MaverickMaestro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:37 am

Post by MaverickMaestro »

Are you a scum king Nacho?
"When you play the game of Mafia, you lynch or you die. There is no middle ground."
Telo in Newbie 1280: "Also learned that you shouldn't delete your role PM. I forgot who I was in this game. When you guys asked me to claim I couldn't because I couldn't remember who I was."
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:40 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Play a game of chance and call me scum to my face, and I'm sure you will find out.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:43 am

Post by Empking »

I would prefer for you to kill Guile because he looks to me to be writing far more than he is saying in order to produce the illusion of towniness.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
MaverickMaestro
MaverickMaestro
Goon
MaverickMaestro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:48 am

Post by MaverickMaestro »

In post 103, Nachomamma8 wrote:Play a game of chance and call me scum to my face, and I'm sure you will find out.

Nah, I'm fine. Will make this game very easy if you're town.
"When you play the game of Mafia, you lynch or you die. There is no middle ground."
Telo in Newbie 1280: "Also learned that you shouldn't delete your role PM. I forgot who I was in this game. When you guys asked me to claim I couldn't because I couldn't remember who I was."
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:29 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Lucidity will help in this case. Here is how I saw the game go from my perspective.

Game began, and I started with RVS. Voted Nacho, because we've won two games together as teammates. Then, for some reason, I get executed. I'm extremely frustrated. I've been looking forward to this game, and to be killed right in the beginning sucks. And, I didn't even get to do anything. I participated in RVS and wham, I was dead.

Mod comes in and says "that was an illegal kill". I'm overjoyed. But now the game turned against me. Klick begins by saying that I'm next to die, because I slipped or something. Empking jumps on that bandwagon too.

In a handful of posts, you have three guys who don't like me already. Again, what in the heck did I even do? I didn't get to do anything in the game, and now I'm under a giant finger of suspicion.

Maybe it was my voting that I proposed? Was it "scummy" to do so? I try to logic it out to everyone, saying that voting will be pro town. That's how I've seen it done in every other game on this site (been here for 4 months), and it's the basic method of scumhunting. I'm spending 90% of the game on the defensive. Defending my idea of voting, and asking people what I did to see scummy.

But defense is useless for town. Offense wins you games. You get there, you build a read, you sit with it. You roll with it. You own it; that's your read. But you let your read change as the game goes. I've been in games where my reads were completely wrong, but the town had the right idea and I put my trust in them and I sheeped them, and I helped the town win by at least helping the bandwagons.

The rest of the game has gone in about "who the king is". Maybe we broke the game towards town somehow, because now the moderator shut it down.

So I began trying to produce reads. Play some offense. But apparently they're not working on anything. I've pointed the finger at Empking. And I've even put out the idea that it could be Empking defending his scumbuddy Nacho. But that post generated no reponse, and nobody else has cared about voting either. It's just Maverick voting against me of course, and I'm here defending. The only other offense is Nacho against guile. In fact during this reread, Nacho tells me to look at guile, and I didn't even notice it because I was so annoyed at my wagon. That's probably what put Nacho off on me; that I didn't go after the guile wagon even when he invited me to get on it. It looks like I'm defending a scumbuddy in him.

Point is I'm a town member. I seriously don't want to day on the first day.

That's sometimes not enough though; I was in a newbie game where a townie got lynched rather easily (not much suspicion on anyone else other than him) because he was acting scummy and "deserved it". There are people who in fact aren't good at "acting town", no matter their alignment.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:45 am

Post by uctriton00 »

In post 106, uctriton00 wrote:But you let your read change as the game goes. I've been in games where my reads were completely wrong, but the town had the right idea

And with that I'm going to

Vote: Guile

I don't care if it looks like a sad bus attempt at some scumbuddy at the 11th hour. I'm town, and this is the town thing to do. I'm going to open up to the idea that my anger at Empking is just some kind of my personal omgus at him, and that Empking is a townie who just has a wrong read.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:51 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I saw your scumread on Empking, I produced reasoning as to why I think that he is town, so you can respond to that if you REALLY feel strongly, and I will reconsider, perhaps.

uctriton wrote:I'm spending 90% of the game on the defensive. Defending my idea of voting, and asking people what I did to see scummy.

I find this statement to be a type of a scumtell. Scum have a higher obligation to defend themselves because they cannot get lynched and sometimes feel they don't have enough time for offense (NurC in Newbie 1273 was a fantastic example of this, if you're interested). When you are town, there comes a point where you just have to say "fuck it, I'm saying the same things over again, I'm lynching scum". You have not come close to reaching that point and instead it looks like you're reaching the point where you're going for the ultimate defense and am going to give up if that doesn't work.

uctriton wrote:There are people who in fact aren't good at "acting town", no matter their alignment.

you are too good of a player to say this, sorry.
i seem to remember you carrying a game to victory when I got lynched day 1 as scum, and another game where I read you as town and you made two successful protects in a row?
this is an AtE, my friend.

and also you didn't answer who I should execute. Empking is not an option if you want to influence me at all.
pedit: nevermind.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:54 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

also who is guile's buddy, do you think?

guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:53 am

Post by guille2015 »

In post 101, Nachomamma8 wrote:I will not be executing Empking, Klick, Rach, Maverick, or myself under any circumstances

My town read is pretty much the same, I would call all of them (including Nacho) town. The defensiveness of UTC has caught my eye, and his lack of scum hunting is nerving. Basically he has only been tunneling Empking. Additionally, AI and RXK are practically missing from the game. This is how I've seen AI play as both town and scum. But I'd lean more on scum on him. RXK makes me uneasy with his one-ish post of content.

I'd find scum in AI, RXK, and UCT (In no particular order). If I am wrong about my town read, I'd think it would be Empking or Rachmarie. Considering the options, I think I am probably wrong on my town reads, for at least one of them.

Before Nacho makes his decision, I'd like to have everyone who hasn't voiced their opinion to do so. Especially from Ai and RXK.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:55 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

can you give us an opinion first?
you basically gave me all the options I gave you back to me.

Agent_Ireland
Agent_Ireland
Goon
Agent_Ireland
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:34 pm

Post by Agent_Ireland »

Honestly, at the moment, I'm not sure about anyone. I just haven't noticed anything out of place, besides the fake execution earlier today. I'll try and get some reads, but I can't promise anything right now.
NEXT TIME ON DRAGONBALL Z!
"I'm gonna be king of the pirates!" - Naruto Uzumaki (Bleach)
Agent_Ireland
Agent_Ireland
Goon
Agent_Ireland
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:36 pm

Post by Agent_Ireland »

Sorry for the double post, but being that we just got past the 6 day remaining mark, I think the king should probably claim withing the next 48 hours. This will give the king a small bit of time to inform everyone on who they are planning on executing, and gives the rest of us some time to refute that. If anyone disagrees, please speak up, this is just a suggestion/idea.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:02 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 112, Agent_Ireland wrote:Honestly, at the moment, I'm not sure about anyone. I just haven't noticed anything out of place, besides the fake execution earlier today. I'll try and get some reads, but I can't promise anything right now.

Ew. Bad.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:36 pm

Post by Battousai »

RachMarie has been prodded
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:42 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Sorry guys been hectic. will post more tomorrow after I have looked a bit at ISOs and see who my top scumspect is.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
RXK
RXK
Goon
RXK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:44 pm

Post by RXK »

In post 87, RXK wrote:not v/la as much as activity level is downgraded due to some health issues

"get well soon rxk" - me

pay my ER bill for pericarditis or call me out on an actual issue
I am the beast I worship.
RXK
RXK
Goon
RXK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:49 pm

Post by RXK »

^^^above post was directed at guile

only persons I am confident either way in terms of reads is nacho (pro-town) and guile

And my view of guile's slot is dim at best- calling me out for supposed lack of activity when I just fucking said my activity level would take a temporary drop on the last page is as productive as skrillex is talented, which is to say not at all.
I am the beast I worship.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:02 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

There's a difference between active lurking and being on limited access. The latter is a null read, so I don't know where Guile gets scum from that.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:48 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Yeah I find that very suspicious Guile. You are a veteran player so should know better than to make a case because someone is V/LA or even semi-V/LA and I can understand why RXK would be frustrated. I had that happen to me in previous games when RL issues screwed with me being able to play my best in games. One guy (Fitz) pushed for my lynch because I did not have access to the internet for a few days due to a mixup with AT and T changing us over to U-Verse internet and giving us the wrong modem. He refused to accept the fact I did not have access, even though my bf NS went to the library and had very limited access. Which I explained, but he still got me lynched for it.

Sounds like Guile is looking for the easy lynch here Nacho. Add me in with those who find him a scumspect.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Agent_Ireland
Agent_Ireland
Goon
Agent_Ireland
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:57 am

Post by Agent_Ireland »

Rach, you convinced me

VOTE: guille
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:47 am

Post by guille2015 »

The easy Lynch? There is nothing easy about it. Curiously I am an easy Lynch at this point.

I don't Think AI and RXK are scummy for not posting. AI a little. I take more in the content of their posts. I said RXK makes me uneasy with his post 58. Not scummy per say, but something I think scum would say.

The reason I mostly picked those three for scum was mostly out of elimination. I haven't seen anything from them that makes me think of them as town. The other 5 players, I've got town reads mostly.

@Nacho. What opinion do you mean? I thought that was what I said. That it coincides with your reads means nothing.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:50 am

Post by guille2015 »

Also, Mostly because I think that Nacho is Town. And I do not want him dead. And because he'll probably attempt to kill me. I will claim.

I am a
Hero
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:51 am

Post by Empking »

Unless there's a counterclaim I don't want to risk Nacho and would like us to kill Utc instead rather than Guile.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”