Micro 75: Bureaucracy Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:53 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

If you read the quick topic, day 3 did not go the way I was hoping it would.

I just re-read the whole thing myself and realized how very little I actually talked about players in the game. It was basically me trying to somehow figure out how to get Robert as far as I could. The original plan day three was to have robert follow you on any vote on my immediately as long as it wouldn't hammer me. He actually voted for you, which really had me worried. So, no. In general, I was trying to portray him as a bad player and use that as the reason to drag you down.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:03 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

so scum had day talk, that definitely helps scum coordinate attacks. Interesting
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:28 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

I actually never asked... I never knew that it could be restricted. I figure we did as Emp never stopped me. Not sure how much it helped in the end.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:54 am

yeah, his first post said "post here anytime" which means daytalk. If it was restricted you would have known.

it's funny the thing that confirmed you were scum was that thing when you changed the phrase and added in "town" It was such a minor thing but like I said, doing that as town made no sense. Call it a hunch or something but I just knew it.

As for my playstyle, it accomplished exactly what i was hoping for. good or bad it actually helps me.

now on to maestro for a second.

In post 16, Maestro wrote:^ Lack of input on the ongoing discussion is scummy.

NO, you are wrong in fact you look scummy for saying things like this.

In post 55, Maestro wrote:Come back to Jake. I want pressure so he doesn't worm his way out of answering the question I hope to ask.

please don't do things like this in the future. All you did was piss me off and made me become more difficult on purpose. Next time ask me first to see how cooperative I am.

In post 554, Maestro wrote:No, no, no. The correct response is that Town should never fucking self-vote ever, in any universe, at all.

best to drop this believe as it's very common on this site now, while I was like you and used to believe this whole heartedly, it's essentially a null action. That means don't automatically assume an alignment 1 way or the other.
Show
Things I've learned.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:01 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Maestro was very blunt for a long time. I decided to take advantage of it. The bluntness to me is generally something I attack because I feel that mafia has a bit of eloquence to it, and that you can never just say something stupidly blunt even if you believe it. Maestro said something like "I'll no longer accept a lynch on anyone but M_A or Aj". How could I not take advantage of something that comes off so easily as tunneling or setting up lynches? With a little patience and/or eloquence, making an argument becomes much more difficult for mafia.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:41 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Did you have a dead QT?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:45 am

Post by Empking »

In post 780, Aj The Epic wrote:Did you have a dead QT?

No.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:07 am

In post 781, Empking wrote:
In post 780, Aj The Epic wrote:Did you have a dead QT?

No.

was not very happy about that. I love talking to dead people.

Thanks for running the game Emp
Show
Things I've learned.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:28 am

Post by Maestro »

Thanks qwints for replacing me - sorry about that Empking, I had to sortof go on V/LA for this week and I thought my other games would be closer to over than they are right now... *smacks forehead* but as it is the "commitment issue" is kind of null for now. GG Aj/Robert!
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:08 am

Post by Empking »

Spoiler: set up
First post of the game:

Two pieces of paper of paper have fallen to the floor. Now don't rush there's enough for everyone, well not really, so form an orderly queue and wait till we're at least at post 26 and post "
Pick up paper
" if there's a remaining one you would like to pick.

Pieces of paper read:

The piece of paper you picked up reads: [XXX] is a gibberish-symbol-you-can't-read. It looks like you need to be more senior. Each night, along with any other powers you may have, you may chose to give this item to a player and have it leave your possession. If you die while holding the paper, it is lost.

Mod Note: If a Senior Bureaucrat gets the paper the gibberish is translated (and the more senior reference deleted. Gives alignment.
Each paper has a randomly decided different name (two scum is disallowed).

Roles:

Two players:

You are a cost-cutter, along with your partner. You may speak to one another [here] and each night you possess a factional kill.

You win wen the town has been eliminated or nothing can prevent the same.

1 PLAYER:
You are Cafeteria Staff. If night if you are targetted you will learn the taegeters and what food they ordered from you. This is a passive ability.

You win when the cost-cutters has been eliminated.

Mod Note: Costcutters: Wispa, Senior Bureaucrat: Veal, Bureaucrat: Steak.
Two Players:

You are a Senior Bureaucrat, apparently you have no special powers.

You win when the cost-cutters have been eliminated.

4 Players:
You are a Bureaucrat, apparently you have no special powers.

You win when the cost-cutters have been eliminated.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:30 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Very enjoyable game, pretty cool setup. The only thing that saddens me a bit is that maverick wasn't a little more active; I was hoping with my claim, the other senior bureaucrat would out and we would have what was essentially two confirmed town (or a pretty confirmed town and a confirmed scum).

MOLLIE:
In post 692, pirate mollie wrote:I believe your claim btw I just don't understand your reasons for outing and yes I would eventually like to know why.

So, there were a few reasons why I outed so quickly. The first was so the other senior bureaucrat would out and we could actually get discussion about the papers going. I figured that I wouldn't end up getting the papers unless there was a MIRACLE going on and I didn't want to play sketchily at all since people freak out about self-votes so much, so I figured it would be best if I essentially forced the scum to kill me so you could live. I still thought you had a good game, though. Just take your time in LyLo more, and never let knee-jerk reactions take over. I've allowed that to happen to me a couple of times, and it never works out for the best.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:02 am

Post by quadz08 »

:nerd:
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”