Ineffective
Goon
Ineffective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 8:14 pm

Post by Ineffective »

In post 922, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 918, Ineffective wrote:I feel like i did a really good job for the position i was in and the game was near unwinnable
you did fucking fantastically
good game guys

I was hoping I was replacing into a scum slot because my dream is to win this setup as scum. Maybe next time, I guess.
GG

---thoughts at the time of my last game related post were that there was no way I could out towntell you.... So so rach, myself, and panda getting shot would be autolose and you were unshootable... Hence the order had to be fuzzy>syriana>panda shot in exactly that order to win, and i wasnt here to push the second shot in time :/
Jump in and get your hands dirty. Mistakes are ok, apathy isnt.

*obsessively refreshing my topics as usual*
Ineffective
Ineffective
Goon
Ineffective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 8:20 pm

Post by Ineffective »

In post 924, RachMarie wrote:next time maybe

I have played this game twice now I wanna say my scum budz were fun to play with... I really thought Ineffective would pull off the win for us since he was such a strong town read for most peeps...

RP you are just TOO good at this :P You definitely should be scumz next time :P

Sorry Nacho I felt guilty about you reading me as Town cause usually I am but not in this one lol
you have too much faith in me :p

The only way we would have had a good chance of winning is if jason didnt listen to me about jeremy and went straight to fuzzy, but i had been setting jeremy up as the "fall guy" for so long that i couldnt push on fuzzy till he was dead :/

My realistic hopes of winning this game died with ffer

RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 5:25 am

Post by RedPanda »

thanks rach!
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 6:56 am

Post by Sanjay »

I think it goes without saying that the town did very well this game. Many of you had super accurate reads. Many of you made your alignment really obvious. This was a hard town for the mafia to blend in with.

All things considered, I think the mafia did very well too. I think jeremylu got off to a bit of a rough start but he actually bounced back very well and made people hesitant to pull the trigger on him. fferyllt did a good job blending in and could have easily stayed alive much longer if things had gone differently. RachMarie did a very nice job blending in as well. Ineffective did a great job of manipulating the town and being read as town.

Near the end of the game, with all the solid townies and good hunting, finding reasonable paths to victory became harder and harder. Still, the mafia played well enough that until Ineffective went down, they were still very much in this.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 2:38 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

I thought this was an exceptionally well modded game. Not a fan of the set-up, but I seem to be alone in this.

Well done, town!
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Ineffective
Ineffective
Goon
Ineffective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2013 5:43 pm

Post by Ineffective »

In post 929, CrashTextDummie wrote:I thought this was an exceptionally well modded game. Not a fan of the set-up, but I seem to be alone in this.

Well done, town!
Agreed. Sanjay is awesome and this setup is bad as is... I like the idea tho... I am devising a rebalance :)

Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 1:20 am

Post by Sanjay »

I feel like the mafia need some sort of power besides picking the initial gunbearer (and a lot of use THAT power was with SodaSpirit disappearing immediately after confirming).
Ineffective
Ineffective
Goon
Ineffective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 11:36 am

Post by Ineffective »

In post 931, Sanjay wrote:I feel like the mafia need some sort of power besides picking the initial gunbearer (and a lot of use THAT power was with SodaSpirit disappearing immediately after confirming).
So far i have come up with severa ideas for mafia powers... I think the best idea i have come up with so far is :

after the first mafia has been shot, the remaining 3 get to pick one mafia player to carry a Dayvig armor piercing sniper rifle to be used via a mod pm one time so long as the chosen mafia lives until he decides to shoot

That way after ffer was shot, i could have decided to shoot nacho or panda--- both of whom were making the game incredibly difficult to win.

Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 11:36 pm

Post by Sanjay »

I was thinking of something similar, regarding the mafia power being a killing power that only activates after the first mafia member dies. I was thinking that the mafia could choose a player and if that player becomes the gun bearer, they die instead.

Ultimately, as dangerous as nacho and RedPanda may have been, the mafia should be insanely reluctant to kill anyone but confirmed town. Also, it makes the kills happen at a predictable time.

Whatever power role you give, it is sort of a shame to lose the staggering simplicity of the setup.
Ineffective
Ineffective
Goon
Ineffective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 9:31 am

Post by Ineffective »

I pride myself in my scumgame above any other aspect of my game... I feel like i know how to manipulate around most situations---

If i had a choice at any point... Betweeen shooting a gunbearer, a. Towny that was "unlynchable", and a townyThat knew all of the mafia... I would choose to shoot the unlynchable towny. Im sure other people would pick different ways for different reasons, but in my view , shooting someone who is mod-confirmed cclear and knows too much is a "fear-tell" that gives off too much information, wheras shooting someone that will never be shot is performing a simple math game that will increase your odds of winning, and cannot easily be read into as anything else.

If anyone is fossed and shot and has the gun, you can already consider them a dead player IMO because people are easier to manipulate when their life is on the line if they shoot wrong, and even if they shoot right they will almost ceartainly die eventually///

However, the player that will never be shot--- he will add to the number of mafia that MUST stay alive for you to win. EG if rach or myself was ever shot i knew the game was over because nacho would never be shot--- making 2 clears when the game was in 3-player mode--- auto

Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Post by Sanjay »

I suppose the mafia doesn't actually give up information by not killing a gun bearer, since after killing a gun bearer they presumably have to pick a new one, giving the town a confirmed player anyway.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 9:08 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

This post removed due to oppressive mod censorship.
Last edited by Sanjay on Wed May 29, 2013 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 9:09 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

oh fucking hell, ignore that
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 9:10 am

Post by RachMarie »

uhh whoops I think you posted that in the wrong game Nacho lol
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 9:12 am

Post by JasonWazza »

Lol, Sanjay please delete that post of nacho's when you see it
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 8:45 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

end
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus