Micro 224: 2nd Chance Draw Mafia (A Winner Already?!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:20 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 94, penguin_alien wrote:Kazekirimaru, why is expanding a dialogue to encompass ongoing game events scummy to you? serra and DV were going back and forth about other things; serra didn't stop talking about those things at all when he brought up the AC wagon. I don't see the avoidance you're painting this as.
It was the timing, the wording, and I'll admit my vote has no small amount of gut involved.
In post 99, DeasVail wrote: The second sentence is fine, but the first sentence is what makes me go UGH.

I'm just wondering why you'd think, 'oh I'm changing my vote!!! Everyone's going to call me out on it, but I'll show them!'

No... no.
I don't see anything wrong with what I did or my thought process in such, so, yeah...

I knew someone would say that, that's all. Why this makes you uneasy is lost on me.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:35 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

This may or may not be a prod dodge. Anyone wanna vote DV with me?
Wandering but not lost
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:50 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Vote Count 1g
Player
L-4 Vote
L-3 Vote
L-2 Vote
L-1 Vote
L-0 Vote (Hammer)
Total Votes
DeasVail
ac1983fan serrapaladin 2
serrapaladin
DeasVail Kazekirimaru 2
ac1983fan
Venrob 1
Venrob
aptil 1

Not Voting Viera Assassin penguin_alien Buffy vs Dracula

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch Deadline (expired on 2013-09-17 09:15:00)

Prodding Venrob and Viera Assassin
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:37 pm

Post by Venrob »

In post 102, Cheery Dog wrote:
ENTIRE POST @MOD:

Oh I forgot to specifically note the
V/LA TAG BY MY NAME.

This weekend was my uncle's surprise b-day party; 50 yrs old. Took a lot of shopping and prep, plus the party itself.

ALSO: The V/LA tag will be staying by my name for the purpose of showing that on weekdays I will not be online from 3am to 3pm. This reduces my normal activity level, though I will post; I only request a prod wait until 3:30 on a weekday should I be able to get on and post that day. My weekend activity shouldn't be hindered by this, as it is school. I will be most active of all on vacations/3day weekends.

(all times EST)
I'm back!
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:45 pm

Post by ac1983fan »

Venrob, being v/la doesn't necessarily exempt you from being prodded, it just means mods might be less likely to replace you. Also yelling at the mod for doing his job is just really poor form dude.
Not a dayvig.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:14 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 103, Venrob wrote:
In post 102, Cheery Dog wrote:
ENTIRE POST @MOD:

Oh I forgot to specifically note the
V/LA TAG BY MY NAME.

This weekend was my uncle's surprise b-day party; 50 yrs old. Took a lot of shopping and prep, plus the party itself.

ALSO: The V/LA tag will be staying by my name for the purpose of showing that on weekdays I will not be online from 3am to 3pm. This reduces my normal activity level, though I will post; I only request a prod wait until 3:30 on a weekday should I be able to get on and post that day. My weekend activity shouldn't be hindered by this, as it is school. I will be most active of all on vacations/3day weekends.

(all times EST)
You've got it set until the end of October, therefore I'm ignoring it as too long a timeframe. If you wish for me to notice it and the date it's set for, I will happily search for a replacement who isn't V/LA longer than the length of the entire game
Most people have some form of work/school, prods happen at 48 hours because of this

I also don't timezone convert, so prods will happen when I notice you're inactive for 48 hours regardless of whatever times you want prodded at.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Viera Assassin
Viera Assassin
Goon
Viera Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:39 pm

Post by Viera Assassin »

ow.
Prods hurt.

I'm not following much of the discussion from page 3 on.
Will take another shot at it.
Where is my Petalchaser?
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:53 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 84, Buffy vs Dracula wrote:Also, Serra-- bad on you for saying there's a wagon on AC. I mean yeah he was at L-2 but my vote was RVS and Venrob's was... weird.
In post 85, Buffy vs Dracula wrote: So the moment Serra points out the existence of an AC wagon, you move your vote off said wagon? Interesting.

--Buffy
Buffy, can you clarify this? First serra's wrong to say there's a wagon, then he's pointing out something you say does exist? Not sure if it's the hour, but I'm not getting these two statements together.

serra, I don't get your case on DV and vice versa. He's sheeping another player's observation, you're thinking he's not playing like he normally does from games you've observed. What am I missing?
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:04 pm

Post by aptil »

In post 101, serrapaladin wrote:This may or may not be a prod dodge. Anyone wanna vote DV with me?
Any good reason for that?
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:27 am

Post by aptil »

Bump. serra , i see you lurking you need to post your reasons now.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:59 am

Post by ac1983fan »

In post 101, serrapaladin wrote:This may or may not be a prod dodge. Anyone wanna vote DV with me?
My vote is on DV atm.
Not a dayvig.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:20 am

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 110, ac1983fan wrote:
My vote is on DV atm.
Has your read on him progressed beyond 'gut' as stated in #55?
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:06 am

Post by Venrob »

Welp I'm not on weekdays during 3am-3pm EST, so you are prob going to prod me during those times when I cannot respond to them right away- and when I have been unable to get on.
I'm back!
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:07 am

Post by Venrob »

You know what? in that case
I REPLACE OUT.

Schooljust is going to take up too much time.
I'm back!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:55 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 109, aptil wrote:Bump. serra , i see you lurking you need to post your reasons now.
He doesn't have any. It's really quite obvious.
In post 113, Venrob wrote:You know what? in that case
I REPLACE OUT.

Schooljust is going to take up too much time.
Aw, I hope it all goes well.
Buffy vs Dracula
Buffy vs Dracula
Townie
Buffy vs Dracula
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:38 am

Post by Buffy vs Dracula »

In post 54, DeasVail wrote:Dracula, I don't want to be too worried about people being scum when considering their arguments. I would also expect you not to make something up about serra being more questioning elsewhere because scum are generally too scared to do that kind of thing. If you have fooled me in that regard, however, then well done. :)

Also, this may seem random, but are you from PerC?
Reasonable.
And yes, I is. U no play there anymore?
In post 81, DeasVail wrote:You are way too caught up over it.
*raises class*
In post 91, Kazekirimaru wrote:What scummy remark did I make?
How did I make a "big show" when my response was one-line?
How am I being uninteractive by not caring about how my vote looks?
Why does the fact that I knew someone would point out my vote coinciding with serra's comment make me suspicious?
Why, if I were scum, would I vote on serra at that time?

Answer those.
*blank stare*
In post 107, penguin_alien wrote:
In post 84, Buffy vs Dracula wrote:Also, Serra-- bad on you for saying there's a wagon on AC. I mean yeah he was at L-2 but my vote was RVS and Venrob's was... weird.
In post 85, Buffy vs Dracula wrote: So the moment Serra points out the existence of an AC wagon, you move your vote off said wagon? Interesting.

--Buffy
Buffy, can you clarify this? First serra's wrong to say there's a wagon, then he's pointing out something you say does exist? Not sure if it's the hour, but I'm not getting these two statements together.

serra, I don't get your case on DV and vice versa. He's sheeping another player's observation, you're thinking he's not playing like he normally does from games you've observed. What am I missing?
Well, I'm not buffy. But she's talking about what Serra was calling the ac-wagon in both quotes, which I personally would call a wagon with a mixture of light-weight and actual votes. Buffy will probably clarify if still needed.

---

Viera - I can't live without you. </3

Serra - scumzy.

- Drac >:E
Buffy vs Dracula
Buffy vs Dracula
Townie
Buffy vs Dracula
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:39 am

Forgot to reply a dry "no" to post 101.

- Drac >:E
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:03 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

Damn hydras.

Make your other head answer my questions.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:00 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

That's where the 24 hour after prod comes in..

Nonetheless, searching for replacement for Venrob
Buffy vs Dracula
Buffy vs Dracula
Townie
Buffy vs Dracula
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:03 pm

Give me a few and I'll talk you down, Kake.
In post 107, penguin_alien wrote:

--Buffy

When Serra mentioned that there was a wagon forming on AC, Kake immediately took his vote off AC. I don't believe the wagon in question is really a thing, but there's no denying that Kake tried to distance himself from what he thought was a wagon about to receive major scrutiny.

--Buffy
Buffy vs Dracula
Buffy vs Dracula
Townie
Buffy vs Dracula
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:22 pm

In post 91, Kazekirimaru wrote:What scummy remark did I make?
The "scummy remark" in question is your sudden vote change. (Yes, I'm fully aware that's not technically a remark. I think it was clear that was referring to at the time.)
How did I make a "big show" when my response was one-line?
It's common knowledge that scum are more concerned about their appearance than town are. Therefore, it is in scum's favor to not look image-conscious. This is remarkably difficult-- sort of like trying to "act natural", in that it's near-impossible to feign sincerity. As a result, this desire tends to manifest itself in statements like "I don't care that you think I'm scummy." You say something like this, and you're instantly a maverick who don't wanna hear yer counterarguments!

Except not, because when town presses an issue that not everyone agrees on, they tend to do it without making a big show about how little they care. In fact, outright stating you don't care means that you probably do care.
How am I being uninteractive by not caring about how my vote looks?
You are not being uninteractive by not caring how your vote looks. You are being uninteractive by making no attempt to argue against what I am suggesting.

This is also why you're asking this huge wall of questions while you're in the spotlight-- it takes little effort to write five questions compared to the effort you'd need to put into a defense. (Not to mention that this doesn't lock you into any opinions other than "you're wrong" and "i'm totes town", which you'd be making by default in these sorts of situations anyway.)
Why does the fact that I knew someone would point out my vote coinciding with serra's comment make me suspicious?
The subtext of your response is "Town don't make excuses to defend themselves, ergo I am town." This would work if it wasn't in the context of you making excuses for your behavior.

Judging by your wording, had I not brought the issue up, you would have been perfectly content to wagon-hop in silence. But I did bring it up, and you pulled out an excuse.

Drac doesn't seem to have any problems doing this, so I'll oblige.

VOTE: Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:39 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

You think I'm scum because you think I'm acting natural instead of being natural? All I can really do here is say you're wrong and leave it at that. Your argument against me is shaky at best.

I haven't much else to say right now. Except stop calling me Kake. >:
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:41 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

Here's some meta for you folks:

Town game(replaced in page 13):
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=30079

Scum game:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29631

I haven't anything else that isn't ongoing.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:02 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

dude_man1991 replaces Venrob
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:30 am

Post by DeasVail »

Dracula, I first started playing mafia there, but most of the people I started playing with stopped, and I found I didn't gel with the new crowd as much. I still have a look to see what's going on there from time to time though. :)

I don't really know how to express my suspicion of serra any more clearly than I already have so I'm afraid I can't help you much there, penguin.

Ac1983fan, what are your thoughts on the conflict between serra and me?

Buffy, I am conflicted on Kaze, because while I agree that there are scummy things about him, I also think he has been one of the more pro-active players here, which I see as a towntell in a game that's dragging such as this. There are also things like the spontaneous provision of meta that I have no idea what to think of, so in short, I just don't know yet! I am more comfortable voting for Serra.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”