JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:31 pm

Post by JKLM »

Sorry I completely forgot to address this.

Yes I do think that scum very much like cutting off RVS, but it's only a conjecture, especially in a rival mafia setup. Essentially it's VERY easy for scum to act pro town as well because they essentially ARE hunting down the opposing mafia (or werewolves, I'm not sure how mafias and werewolves are opposites but whateves).

Sorry that wasn't very clear either. Let me address that one point at a time.

It would make sense that scum like to cut off RVS as early as they can as THEY want to make the bandwagon, whether it be for bussing OR for mislynching early on. As I've said it's merely a conjecture of mine but it doesn't make it not true. That statement doesn't make it true either though, so I'm kinda testing that conjecture out for myself I guess. Would be happy to hear your opinions on it, as to whether I'm way off or something like that.

Second point I accidentally made while writing that first paragraph:

While technically speaking this is a moot point, it is much easier for scum to act pro town in this set up as they naturally have to hunt down the other mafia. I'm not saying that scum don't act scummy still, or that townish players are scum as well, that's be stupid. What I AM saying is that scum can easily be more subtle. That's the word, subtle.

At first. When the opposing faction is gone, the scum will prob start showing weak points as in any other game.
Another note about myself because I know my Meta is very empty: I'm quite aware my strategy and reasoning is mostly conjecture as that is how I prefer to play. I don't know why, it's just a whole lot runner for me to speculate. That being said my weakness is my mouth, as I shouldn't make every speculation known, otherwise the reasoning becomes circular. Or I guess WIFOM. I think I used that term correctly.

I'll skim over a third time to make sure I didn't miss anything else. Still formulating GOOD early reads, not rubbish ones for pressure. I should prob get some sleep before I lose it all again.

I think that is all actually.
Mutleyddmc
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:10 am

Post by Mutleyddmc »

VOTE: JKLM

cos RVS
Mutleyddmc
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:10 am

Post by Mutleyddmc »

VOTE: JKLM

cos RVS
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:09 am

Post by JKLM »

Hi Mutley. Pleasure to see you as always.
YamiNoKira
YamiNoKira
Townie
YamiNoKira
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:24 am

Post by YamiNoKira »

In post 71, Skelda wrote:Let us suppose two flipped Masons are dead and the town is in lylo. Are you telling me that if the third Mason was able to identify very subtle Mason crumbs by his two dead partners and give his own crumb he wouldn't be nearly proven Mason?
You have a point when it comes to identifying other Masons' crumbs (assuming no one found them yet). However, if those breadcrumbs were already seen/pointed out, and both Mason claims had their own breadcrumbs, it wouldn't be very helpful (unless all of the real Masons breadcrumbed in a very specific way).
In post 72, JKLM wrote:Especially [if] you want to be pro town.
I don't like the way you worded this; if you are doing something specifically to seem pro-town, you are probably scum.
In post 72, JKLM wrote:Otherwise I need to go back and look over what's been said again and think some more before I open my mouth again.
I need you to start actually talking about your reads on users and actively scumhunting. We're on page 3 now (well, 4), so there shouldn't be much to go over right now.
In post 74, JKLM wrote:I know it takes away from the pacing to ask a question but, what are the major benefits of being a hydra, as well as downsides? I just want to get an understanding.
The main benefit is being able to talk to another player privately, which is a huge advantage. Having another player to post for you and the fact that you can't really blame a hydra for differing reads also gives them an advantage.
In post 75, JKLM wrote:It would make sense that scum like to cut off RVS as early as they can as THEY want to make the bandwagon, whether it be for bussing OR for mislynching early on.
But wouldn't town players also want to cut off RVS so they can actually scumhunt and play the game? Wouldn't Mafia rather let the town continue randomvoting and just sit by while not doing anything (and have an excuse to do so)?
In post 75, JKLM wrote:While technically speaking this is a moot point, it is much easier for scum to act pro town in this set up as they naturally have to hunt down the other mafia. I'm not saying that scum don't act scummy still, or that townish players are scum as well, that's be stupid. What I AM saying is that scum can easily be more subtle. That's the word, subtle.
Yes, that's true, scum do have to scumhunt for the other faction, instead of just defending themselves or purposely trying to lynch a townie. I'm not sure why you brought this up, though...
In post 75, JKLM wrote:I'll skim over a third time to make sure I didn't miss anything else. Still formulating GOOD early reads, not rubbish ones for pressure.
I look forward to it; we can't do anything until you and the other players start actually scumhunting.
Mutleyddmc
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:39 am

Post by Mutleyddmc »

In post 78, JKLM wrote:Hi Mutley. Pleasure to see you as always.

you too my friend. JK tell me who is scum?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:18 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 65, YamiNoKira wrote:
In post 62, Dessew wrote:"I don't know about scum, but...": I wanted to be a little theatrical.
Now answer the other part: why did you state that you liked my bw on an RVS vote?
What possible motivation
did you have to post that?
I showed that my RV turned into a serious vote.
In post 66, Skelda wrote:And also, I see now that my Dessew vote was a little useless, but it did its job of expressing my mild suspicion of Dessew, which still exists to a certain level. In the future, I will not announce plans to unvote since clearly that doesn't accomplice much.
Votes aren't for expressing suspicion.
In post 69, Skelda wrote:
YamiNoKira wrote:That's all you have to say? I know we just started, but really? Nothing else?
Does it bother you that much? It was page 1...
Page one or page 30, there was legitimate discussion, which you promptly ignored.
Skelda wrote:not only do I not suspect Dessew much anymore
Skelda wrote:I don't suspect Dessew any less
which is it? Isn't it a little early for contradictions?
That isn't fair. Those were taken out of context. In the second I was trying to explain the first's admittedly poor wording after you all attacked me because of it. I've given my explanation for this many times and I'm getting tired of repeating myself.
Eh.
In post 72, JKLM wrote: Honestly all of yesterday here is mostly a blur so I'm not sure what I was trying to say, other than that it was a bad feeling I had for dessew. As I said it was mostly to see a reaction. Of corse, someone Valle me out on it an I just said it was pressure. I've found in my experience, if someone points out the flimsiness of your pressure vote, it's better to admit it was pressure and fail at giving said pressure than To get people to think you're flimsy scum,
Especially I you want to be pro town.
You should focus on scumhunting more than trying to look town.
In post 73, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 64, Dessew wrote:Sorry, I didn't specify. I meant: please explain why you found the quoted part so scummy that you didn't RV as you initially intented.
Also, if you know Kira from EpicMafia, then what did you ask this?:
In post 38, Brian Skies wrote: @Yami: Are you an alt account? Do you play on other forums?
If I find something that seems scummy to me or something that just doesn't seem right, I'd rather put my vote on that than RV. Your quote caught my attention and I didn't like it.
Yes and you find me scummy, because...?
In post 74, JKLM wrote:^what Brian said about content. Word.
Content=/=Post
In post 75, JKLM wrote: It would make sense that scum like to cut off RVS as early as they can as THEY want to make the bandwagon, whether it be for bussing OR for mislynching early on. As I've said it's merely a conjecture of mine but it doesn't make it not true. That statement doesn't make it true either though, so I'm kinda testing that conjecture out for myself I guess. Would be happy to hear your opinions on it, as to whether I'm way off or something like that.
I don't see your point. Where do you want to get with this?
YamiNoKira
YamiNoKira
Townie
YamiNoKira
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:57 am

Post by YamiNoKira »

In post 81, Dessew wrote:I showed that my RV turned into a serious vote.
Woah. It did? Why did that happen? Why didn't you actually say that instead of just saying you liked me bandwagoning?
In post 81, Dessew wrote:Votes aren't for expressing suspicion.
Actually, I would say that they are. Yes, they are used to get people lynched, but if they aren't for expressing suspicion or pressure, than no one would be voting until later in the Day when you actually have someone you want to get lynched.
YamiNoKira
YamiNoKira
Townie
YamiNoKira
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:59 am

Post by YamiNoKira »

VOTE: Mutleyddmc

I have a feeling you're just baiting me, but I need something more from you than RVS right now. I'm not opposed to Lynch all (Active) Lurkers.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:33 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

I will read this thread tomorrow

two kills per night is also quite bs imo
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:49 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 82, YamiNoKira wrote:
In post 81, Dessew wrote:I showed that my RV turned into a serious vote.
Woah. It did? Why did that happen? Why didn't you actually say that instead of just saying you liked me bandwagoning?
In post 81, Dessew wrote:Votes aren't for expressing suspicion.
Actually, I would say that they are. Yes, they are used to get people lynched, but if they aren't for expressing suspicion or pressure, than no one would be voting until later in the Day when you actually have someone you want to get lynched.
Yes, it did. I found something scummy. And we've got a misunderstanding here, I like the overall bandwagon. The more people we have, the more I like it. And with the expression part I mean, that you can express your suspicion by posting, by voting you put pressure and show commitment etc.
In post 83, YamiNoKira wrote:VOTE: Mutleyddmc

I have a feeling you're just baiting me, but I need something more from you than RVS right now. I'm not opposed to Lynch all (Active) Lurkers.
You know, it's scummy as hell to threaten with Lynch all Lurkers.
YamiNoKira
YamiNoKira
Townie
YamiNoKira
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:17 am

Post by YamiNoKira »

In post 85, Dessew wrote: Yes, it did. I found something scummy. And we've got a misunderstanding here, I like the overall bandwagon. The more people we have, the more I like it.
Are you referring to this specific bandwagon? Because from my PoV, it looked like you were just happy with someone bandwagoning on an RVS vote, not "this person deserves more votes for being scummy".
In post 85, Dessew wrote:You know, it's scummy as hell to threaten with Lynch all Lurkers.
*shrug* I believe that if you're just going to come into a thread and not participate, you are anti-town at best and deserve a vote. What about that do you believe to be scum-motivated?
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:19 am

Post by JKLM »

Mutley: I've only got one for sure formulated read, which is that Dessew is legitimately leaning scum to me.

I love how he promptly ignored Yami's point on him ignoring serious conversation. I know I kinda did as well but I at least addressed that point rather than ignore it and hope it goes away. Besides that, having A policy isn't bad, if its consistent. I find it odd the lurking was placed on Mutts, which is a whole different point.

Yami Mutley just posts like that. Mutley I rarely see post more than 3 sentences, a play style I'm really starting to envy. It's not really lurking, but I'm not exactly sure why he prefers to do that but he just does. I get the policy but it really can't be applied to him IMO.

Also Yami's, I do see your point about the cutting off RVS doesn't have to be scum, as lurking is probably even more beneficial. So yay another moot point for me

Dessew:

For your point on me trying to look town: unlike you I'm trying to address concerns of people rather than ignore them. I said I'd get to analyzing people so ill get there when I get there. I'm not holding back on anything. I just barely have time. Besides, you're kind of dripping with irony when you're arguing that IM trying hard to look town. I'd say most of what I just read is pure defense rather RNA offense of your many posts, but as I've said I have Togo back and read over again to make sure. The reason I do that is because of the kind of person I am. If I don't be careful and extra analyze anything, I end up spitting out crap rater than helpful things. I yam what I yam.(that was for your concern I think, Yami)

P edit:

Oh hi there Yami. Didn't see you there.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:57 am

Post by Skelda »

Dessew, if your random vote on me changed to a legitimate one at that wierd post, why? I had like two posts at that point.

I also dislike the eh and ellipsis on my posts, Dessew. Is that seriously all that you have to say?

I agree that JK needs to learn the difference between posting and generating content. However, the idea that he is just lacking in experience does comes to mind... I don't know, not sure what to make of him. He is still my top scumread, though.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:11 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

Vote Count:

Skelda(3)
- Dessew, phokdapolees, -Kubbs-
Dessew(2)
- JKLM, Brian Skies
JKLM(2)
- Skelda, Mutleyddmc
Mutleyddmc(1)
- YamiNoKira
Not Voting(4)
- Blue Bonnet, Saki, ferretlover, Metal Sonic

Vote History:

Dessew
- Skelda
JKLM
- Muttley, unvote, Dessew
phokdapolee
s - skelda
YamiNoKira
- Skelda, Dessew, Mutleyddmc
Brian Skies
- Dessew
-Kubbs-
- Saki, Skelda
Skelda
- Dessew, JKLM
Mutleyddmc
- JKLM

With 12 ALIVE, it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline hits on Sunday, September 22, 9:26 PM ((expired on 2013-09-22 21:26:00) remaining)

Mod Notes:

Searching for a replacement for
ferretlover
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
phokdapolees
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:34 am

Post by phokdapolees »

Sorry about not posting yesterday, I'll get up to speed and post either tonight or some time tomorrow.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:24 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

"Where the hell is ferretlover?" The poor victims ask.

His door opens, revealing an empty room..

"He never even opened his role!"

"Is no one concerned that he just disappeared?"

"Now, now, no need to panic. He didn't disappear. He fell down the trap door. Not to worry, I have a new victim, ehem, participant who I got lined up.

Everyone, please welcome Hiraki"

Hiraki replaces ferretlover, effective immediately.
Last edited by DoctorPepper on Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:43 pm

Post by Hiraki »

AIGHT FUCKAS

dis is my first game back and I'm ready to nail down some scumlords
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:50 pm

Post by Skelda »

Welcome Hiraki! What do you make of this game so far?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:05 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 9, Dessew wrote:Did you really vote and then unvote immediately? I get that you were joking, but it could have been just a RV. "it's better than NOTHING"
So are you complaining or are you commenting on the action for the sake of commenting?
In post 12, JKLM wrote:RVS is RVS. It has no significance until someone tries to take advantage of it and cut the day off with a mislynch that it holds any actual reads on people, which as also useful for finding chainsaws.
This implies that a D1 lynch cannot be a scumlynch. RVS doesn't have any significance until RVS ends. It doesn't have 0 significance.

If we lynched people for promoting lynches that were in cause of RVS, then I guarantee that 99% of all games would be scum wins. People can be mistaken. It does not have an alignment toward being town or scum.

That being said, you are definitely able to tell if someone has bad or good intentions through their posts, that's why he have scumtells and towntells. However, saying that any information will not be important, and especially in the context you are twisting it in, his highly fallible.
JKLM wrote:I read about RQS, and became very interested in it, so I think ill try it out here:
This a question to all of you, awnser however you want to.
You read up about it, eh? I can't say I like it or dislike it but that doesn't mean I don't have a decent understanding of it.

Like the mafia tactic to seem busy when giving out these questions but never actually answering them. I hope you do answer them in the next four pages though or else my vote will probably go here.
JKLM wrote:Our odds as town aren't that great at first I have to say. Each person assuredly has 4/11 chance to lynch a scum today. Admittedly it's not THAT bad as that's just over a third.
At this point, I'm doubting myself. I'm not sure if this is newbie talk but I'm definitely willing to nudge that to the side.
JKLM wrote:So I have another question: with two mafia factions, does that mean we essentially have two kills per night? If that's true then God this should be interesting.
Correct. Unless they target the same person.
In post 10, phokdapolees wrote:VOTE: Skelda
I like bandwagons.
The second vote is a bandwagon? Let's get serious here guys.
Skelda wrote:Yes, there are two kills a night, but I suppose there is a chance of both factions choosing the same person, in which case there will just be one death I guess? Unless the second faction to choose is told that person is already dead, but I doubt that somehow. I've never played a game with two Mafias before. And I mean, odds of hitting a scum a Day 1 are better than the odds in an average game, since we have 4 scum, while most games with a single faction of similar sizes only have 2 or 3. Why did you feel the need to even bring up the odds, if we have decent town players this will not turn into a numbers game.
Best newbie in awhile. Welcome aboard.
Skelda wrote:And since we are asking random questions, I suppose I'll try that as well. Do you all think it would be logical for the Masons to all claim Day 1 and why or why not? Also, under what circumstances do you think Masons should claim in this setup?
That question isn't necessarily random.

I need to look up about this one. I hope we didn't do anything rash in between this time and then though.
YamiNoKira wrote:I like cats! They're awesome.
Horrible.
In post 16, YamiNoKira wrote:So if I did this...

VOTE: Skelda

...you would like it?
If YamiNoKira is scum, then JKLM is scum. The inverse works correctly as well.

This is mainly based off of these two buddying posts and only focusing on Skelda, who just happens to be JKLM's target at the moment, and not discussing anything that Dessew stated.
YamiNoKira wrote:Now, then... hello, Brian Skies! Fancy meeting you here.
Why did you say this?
Brian Skies wrote:And then this happened. Damn it Dessew!
Huh? Really?
In post 22, YamiNoKira wrote:I like this BW better. Tell me what you think of it, phokdapolees.

VOTE: Dessew
Getting horrible!
In post 26, Dessew wrote:Then what's the point of your vote? And I've already given an explanetion.
This is good and basically puts Dessew in the townpile.
In post 27, JKLM wrote:I don't feel like dessew has really done anything scummy. Yet. Well except

Eh
Oh, yeah. That thing, right. How could I forgot? Explain this.
Skelda wrote:The way you said that you didn't know about scum seemed like you were distancing yourself and scum. It reminds me of saying, "If we try to think like scum..." when you are scum and know how to think like yourself.
Contextually, this is good thinking but the statement itself doesn't parallel this thinking as much as you are believing, in my opinion. He was already voting you. The point of his post was that he liked more votes on his target. That's not scummy, that's just a reassuring factor that other people may go along with your thinking or they don't like the person that you don't like. Either way, it's not scummy.
In post 28, Skelda wrote:And JKLM, like you are doing more to get the game started. I don't care if it has been a day or a week since Day started, I like my vote to be on people I find scummy, and if the instant I vote for someone you act like we are causing a huge scene and try to stop it when all we are doing is generating discussion, what is the point of you? The more we fight, even if it is over nothing, the more we know about where loyalties lie. I doubt a town ever won without a little argument or two, so shut up and find something useful to do or we'll lynch you. That is all.
When I die, follow this man.
JKLM wrote:Oh come on dont pull te stupid policy thing on me skelda.
Yet he's not even voting you or even administered a drop of suspicion on you. He's just asking you to stop fucking around and start playing the game or we'll make you get out (i.e. instead of doing a modkill, we lynch you). A bit hasty on page 2 but I'm OK with it.
JKLM wrote:I never said we shouldn't argue this entire game, that's stupid.
Stopping any discussion is scummy, no matter the circumstances.
In post 29, JKLM wrote:But as far as I see it this argument looks like its going nowhere fast. At least for now.
The argument on Page 2? The one that barely has 10 posts? Didn't you just say that a small amount of the game has posted so far? So they can't comment about it because you're being a little pantsy about it?
JKLM wrote:I'm more concerned with why you even bring up the idea of a threat of a policy lunch on PAGE 2. We have 2 weeks. Policy lunches have their place but NOT THIS EARLY.
It's not a policy lynch. I really hope you two don't argue about this for pages on end and I sincerely hope that you drop it since I have faith that based Skelda has already done so.
In post 30, JKLM wrote:You're not making a Scene and its not the argument that's te problem it's the fact that it sounds very dead settness on each other to me.

Idk how to put it, it rubs me all kind of wrong.
It's a very common thing for newbscum.
YamiNoKira wrote:That's all you have to say? I know we just started, but really? Nothing else?
People do this all the time. There's no reason to comment on this (I even just skipped it) because there's nothing there.

If by Page 4 this is the same shit we're getting from Saki, then sure. Let's bring it up then.
YamiNoKira wrote:So... what's the point of this vote? You just wanna bw but not lynch? *reads next post* Yeah, that. Kinda.
Is there something wrong with being uncertain?
JKLM wrote:Of course it wouldn't but I don't need to be threatened,
2 people saying they want to policy lynch you for fooling around shouldn't be a threat. It should be a wake-up call since these are the only two people here right now, so I presume (I'm not checking time stamps)
In post 35, JKLM wrote:It seems oddly reminiscent to me as both of them don't seem particularly town, but idk.
Reasons.
JKLM wrote:Looking back I guess I shouldn't have been so antsy about it. It still rubs me all kind of wrong.
Reasons.
JKLM wrote:If I'm going to be completely transparent (which I usually am) I guess I just felt so jarred that we already were debating who to wagon and the legitimacy of a scum read just as page 1 ends. It's nothing big but it's a different tempo than I'm used to.
And do you think being transparent will help anyone?
JKLM wrote:You aren't really allowed to use the newb card here, that was better left in the newb games themselves. If you want or need help, just read the wiki over once or twice. It really does help get pas those learning stages. But let's just void that newb card Kay? I don't favor that argument for very long but I always give it one chance at the very least.
This game isn't like you beat the tutorial and now you're a pro. Please don't tell me you think that. You're incoming from this year and you reek of newbiness. Reek.
JKLM wrote:Other than that from the small amount said you do seem to come off to me as town motivation, but it's too early to tell.
Reasons, please.
JKLM wrote:I don't really know what to say to you other than I don't feel good, but it's only been a page so i wont jump to conclusions. But as of now it's not very townish to me. Yet.
But you've said the same thing about Skelda, basically. Except he's a little townier.

Absent from this first list is: Phokdapolees, YamiNoKira (figures!), and Brian Skies. (I don't mind that Saki is absent at this point) Hey kiddos. I've never tried this but let's have fun! I'm going to vote Skelda and I want to say that most of the people who call me out for it are town. I don't expect most of the idiots to get to this point. I'm really just looking for the lurkers. If you're a good lurker, you win!
JKLM wrote:Not gonna vote cause its too early for my liking, I'd rather have most others start posting in this thread. Seriously: if anything scum might be sitting back and just laughing while we create paranoia among ourselves (unless one of us is scum, then oh well but it's too early to tell). The point is I don't want things going until EVERYONEs on this thread, so we have more logical reasoning behind everything.
You're posting this on Page 2 and are already trying to act like a leader. You're definitely my top choice today.

Not to mention, why would you comment on things if you actually held this theory dear?
Brian wrote:If you've never played with Saki before, then you probably wouldn't understand.
Don't answer for other people, please. I understand that it's not a question that will crack the case but don't do it regardless. Commenting on them are good.
Yami wrote:We just went over why you voted for dessew, so what changed in your read? Details please.
It really isn't that hard to see why Skelda would vote Dessew.

Can you answer that alt question as well?
YamiNoKira" wrote:This has nothing to do with RVS; I've already said I have no issue with the post itself. However, there was more that could have been commented on, and the one post that player made ignored what happened so far and made absolutely no attempt on trying to contribute (outside of RVS).
You posted this 6 hours after Saki posted and before half of the game has posted. Can you stop being this butthurt over a few posts? It'll actually help, as much as that seems like a hardhit criticism.
In post 53, Skelda wrote:Dessew hasn't posted in a while, and so there is no real reason Dessew became less suspicious other than JK becoming more suspicious and, the fact that I don't picture them as scum together, from what they've posted so far. I dislike how you are forcing me into a box where there is no evidence because it is page 2.
Based newbie, don't make me hop on this as well. You had an alibi.
In post 56, YamiNoKira wrote:
@Brian Skies

Okay, I get that. I would still like -Kubbs- to contribute more than RVS, especially at that point when there was at least something -Kubbs- could have commented on.

@Skelda

I think you're misunderstanding the purpose of my questioning. ...I also think I'm looking for more reasoning than there is. I can accept that you're not as concerned with Dessew now that someone else has come along.

► P-Edit: Yeah, I get it.

Now then...

-Kubbs-:
Made one post unrelated to anything in the thread so far. Not very helpful, but not alignment-related, either.

Brian Skies:
Town. Explains his thoughts on various topics and not afraid to confront me. I'm slightly curious about his defense of -Kubbs-'s post, but I have no reason to believe it is scum-motivated at this point.

Dessew:
showed thoughts along the same line as mine, but I still have no idea what he meant in . Definitely needs to be more involved in this conversation.

phokdapolees:
Needs to comment on what's happened since his last post.

Skelda:
Town. Despite my questioning, he has responded well and is still trying to contribute to the game elsewhere (as in providing reads of other people).
Claim hydra heads now please.
Skelda wrote:For the umpteenth time, Dessew is not not a scum read, just less of a scumread now that JK came along. My goodness!
We're asking for the reason why. Based newbie, you're slipping.
In post 62, Dessew wrote:Yeah, sure, all of them should breadcrumb, so scum can easily find all of them...
Masons should be breadcrumbing. That is essential right now. Scum/Werewolves are probably doing it now too (if they're smart and lucky).
In post 62, Dessew wrote:Never announce that you're pressuring somebody, it's stupid. Also, I don't see why would JKLM act so indecisive as scum. And you initially mention lynching him, but doesn't call him scummy, but later you correct yourself that you meant voting. If there're some votes on him, then what? And now he's your top scumread, because he's voting his top scumread. This is my case.

"I don't know about scum, but...": I wanted to be a little theatrical.

I like Kira, he's asikng a lot, and then states, too. Not afraid to get engaged with players, very enthusiastic. He's making a really big deal out of activity. It's okay that you want to use all our time until deadline, but calling out somebody only because he made only one post (his RV) in the first 24 hours of the game is way more than necessary. What past experience do you have with mafia?
This is fantastic...what changed?
In post 63, Brian Skies wrote:I know Yami from Epic Mafia, and he's one of the main reasons I joined this game. I wanted to vote him in the RVS stage but what I quoted came off as scummy to me.
I joined an EM game.

Oh great.
In post 64, Dessew wrote:Sorry, I didn't specify. I meant: please explain why you found the quoted part so scummy that you didn't RV as you initially intented.
Also, if you know Kira from EpicMafia, then what did you ask this?:
In post 38, Brian Skies wrote: @Yami: Are you an alt account? Do you play on other forums?
I grant you the title of based Newbie (stripped from Skelda for being fake)
YamiNoKira wrote:To avoid having to give clear reads that can be used against him later? It's fine if he's indecisive, but using that as an excuse to not give clear reads (even after being called out on it) is not okay.
Let's play, Follow the Logic.

If he thinks that he's indecisive, then Dessew thinks he isn't scum.

Now, after looking at JKLM's posts, do you think that he's indecisive? (Yes!)

So do you think that Dessew probably thinks that he is indecisive? (Yes!)

What does that mean folks?

Dessew probably thinks that JKLM isn't scum! Logic!
YamiNoKira wrote:Okay, I went too far. I felt that since I had found something game-related to talk about (setup theory and Dessew's bw), just posting an RVS post and ignoring all of the game-related content was something to be called out on. Admittedly, it was still page 1 and nothing at that point really required anyone to respond to it.
Ugh. Why is Yami getting townier and townier?

68, by Stubbs (Stubbs), is good.
In post 69, Skelda wrote:Page one or page 30, there was legitimate discussion, which you promptly ignored.
Yet, even Yami said he was over-reacting. You're reaching out for air, Skelda.
Skelda wrote:That isn't fair. Those were taken out of context. In the second I was trying to explain the first's admittedly poor wording after you all attacked me because of it. I've given my explanation for this many times and I'm getting tired of repeating myself.
Kill him. You've repeated that you've switched voting and it's NBD. We're telling you that it is a big deal.
JKLM wrote:but its not like I have much to say.
You have an absolute shitload to explain.
JKLM wrote:Metaphors are not a good way to argue anything. At all. In fact Im pretty sure it's similar to a particular logical phallacy which name I can no remember. Although I do see your point skelda, don't use metaphors. It's bad debate skills. Metaphors often come off as purposely misleading in general, so I don't really favor them at all. Your use was kind of fine but it still bothers me in general.
Remember the whole, you're not really experience yet? You're not really experienced yet and please don't act like you do. Something that
you
do not favor will not effect the entirety of the game. In fact, this post is pretty pretentious so good job on you for that.
JKLM wrote:I forgot who said it but someone mentioned what was the point of my Mutley vote if I didn't exactly favor RVS it was a joke as it was the first page. Please note that I literally unvoted in the same post. With broken tags of course, idk what I was thinking.
As much as I don't care about this, this isn't the point of the question.
In post 72, JKLM wrote:I get better, I promise you.
I urge you to replace out. I'm really not in the mood for cellphone posts unless they're good. I've seen good cellphone posts. I've made good cellphone posts (though it sucks). I want actual content and right now you need more than the minimum and you're giving less than the minimum.
Brian Skies wrote:As for Yami, I play EpicMafia with him sometimes, but I don't know anything about him other than that. His current play-style betrays the idea of him being a player who has never played on a forum (or some other medium that's not EpicMafia) before.
Is this the first time you've played with him here?
In post 74, JKLM wrote:I know it takes away from the pacing to ask a question but, what are the major benefits of being a hydra, as well as downsides? I just want Roget an understanding.
Please don't do this. You're the one who told other people to look at the Wiki. I need some legit content from you fast. I'm sure that the next page will be roars toward you about not answering things (I sincerely hope).
JKLM wrote:Yes I do think that scum very much like cutting off RVS, but it's only a conjecture, especially in a rival mafia setup. Essentially it's VERY easy for scum to act pro town as well because they essentially ARE hunting down the opposing mafia (or werewolves, I'm not sure how mafias and werewolves are opposites but whateves).
So, basically it holds no credence here. Good to know.
In post 75, JKLM wrote:That being said my weakness is my mouth, as I shouldn't make every speculation known, otherwise the reasoning becomes circular. Or I guess WIFOM. I think I used that term correctly.
Or, as I believe, you just don't have good/any reasoning and that's why you're being hushhush.

After 79, the original scum bond that I paired JKLM and Yami with is now severly weakened. If JKLM flips scum and I have no other real leads, Yami will be my first target. In addition, Yami flipping scum has no deterrence on JKLM's faction (nor do I want Yami dead).
In post 83, YamiNoKira wrote:I'm not opposed to Lynch all (Active) Lurkers.
It's still only Day 3 of the game.
Dessew wrote:Yes and you find me scummy, because...?
This is good and I would enjoy an answer from Brian Skies.
In post 87, JKLM wrote:For your point on me trying to look town: unlike you I'm trying to address concerns of people rather than ignore them.
Oh shut the fuck up.

da list:
Skelda
-Leaning Scum
Dessew
-Based Townie
JKLM
-Scum
Mutley
-Null
Phok
-Null
-Kubbs-
- Town
YamiNoKira
-Town
Blue Bonnet
-Null
Saki
-Null
Metal Sonic
-Null

Vote: Skelda
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:58 pm

Post by Skelda »

If you find JK to be a bigger scumread than me, why are you voting for me? I don't understand what you mean by me slipping, as well. I just don't see how me changing a vote and then being attacked for it is such a big deal? Can someone explain it please explain to me why you all are jumping on it, because I still don't see it? I kind of blew it off as being blamed for something that was just a matter of saying stuff in the moment that is unnecessary, which tends to happen a lot in these games, and then havong people repeatedly jump on it and irritate me with it, forcing me to answer something that I'd already answered. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here...

Also, I definitely do not like the post about grasping at straws, simply because doesn't it help the town to keep everyone talking and try to get people to reveal themselves? How does that hurt us, bringing up little things that are likely of no significance?

Other than that, I mean, great post. I may not agree with all of the points (Dessew is by no means my most townish player, for instance), but it seems to be the product of a very townie mindset or a scum who is a particularly good actor.

On another note, I thought it was worth mentioning that my computer isn't functioning at the moment, so all of my posts are tablet posts, so I don't see that as an excuse...
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:01 pm

Post by JKLM »

Yeah I take it back the amount of time I have plus the amount of time I NEED to put it in just don't match up. Wouldn't want to hurt the town game so I think I'll just sub out of here.

No intent to sound pretentious, I very clearly know what I'm like and don't need to be reminded of it.

I'm gonna PM the mod to sub me then for game sake, sorry for the trouble. Ah, how life does like to happen.

P edit:

It was to fish for your reaction skelda.

Also tablets are bigger than your hand at least. Typing is impossible here.
YamiNoKira
YamiNoKira
Townie
YamiNoKira
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:22 pm

Post by YamiNoKira »

In post 87, JKLM wrote:It's not really lurking, but I'm not exactly sure why he prefers to do that but he just does. I get the policy but it really can't be applied to him IMO.
You don't have to post walls, but doing RVS after all of this conversation isn't helpful at all.
In post 94, Hiraki wrote:Like the mafia tactic to seem busy when giving out these questions but never actually answering them. I hope you do answer them in the next four pages though or else my vote will probably go here.
What? Why are you concerned with JKLM not answering his RQS question?
In post 94, Hiraki wrote:This is mainly based off of these two buddying posts and only focusing on Skelda, who just happens to be JKLM's target at the moment, and not discussing anything that Dessew stated.
That's not buddying. That's me jumping on a BW to see how phokdapolees reacted.
In post 94, Hiraki wrote:Why did you say this?
Because we know each other from EpicMafia.
In post 94, Hiraki wrote:Is there something wrong with being uncertain?
That's not what my comment was about.
In post 94, Hiraki wrote:It really isn't that hard to see why Skelda would vote Dessew.
That's not what my comment was about.
In post 94, Hiraki wrote:You posted this 6 hours after Saki posted and before half of the game has posted. Can you stop being this butthurt over a few posts? It'll actually help, as much as that seems like a hardhit criticism.
Yes, yes, I get it. I don't approve of it but calling it out wasn't necessary.
In post 94, Hiraki wrote:Claim hydra heads now please.
What?
In post 94, Hiraki wrote:It's still only Day 3 of the game.
True. (Assuming you meant Page 3.)
In post 95, Skelda wrote:Also, I definitely do not like the post about grasping at straws, simply because doesn't it help the town to keep everyone talking and try to get people to reveal themselves? How does that hurt us, bringing up little things that are likely of no significance?
That's not quite what the point of Hiraki's comment was.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:58 pm

Post by Skelda »

In post 96, JKLM wrote:Yeah I take it back the amount of time I have plus the amount of time I NEED to put it in just don't match up. Wouldn't want to hurt the town game so I think I'll just sub out of here.

No intent to sound pretentious, I very clearly know what I'm like and don't need to be reminded of it.

I'm gonna PM the mod to sub me then for game sake, sorry for the trouble. Ah, how life does like to happen.

P edit:

It was to fish for your reaction skelda.

Also tablets are bigger than your hand at least. Typing is impossible here.
Oh, I see. I feel dumb that I didn't see that, but whatever.

If you really are leaving I'm going to UNVOTE: JKLM since I don't want my vote on some random nonexistant person. And VOTE: Dessew because he's been in second place for scumminess. Hopefully if JK's replacement is town he/she will prove him/herself as such, since this does not change my JK suspicion particularly.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:09 pm

Post by Skelda »

In post 95, Skelda wrote:Also, I definitely do not like the post about grasping at straws, simply because doesn't it help the town to keep everyone talking and try to get people to reveal themselves? How does that hurt us, bringing up little things that are likely of no significance?
That's not quite what the point of Hiraki's comment was.[/quote]

I think I get what he was implying. I'm telling him what that comment was about, even though he never asked for an explanation.

Return to “Completed Open Games”