Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:48 pm

Post by Carmine »

Three bad guys, eight good. So, are we just going to bandwagon someone randomly for the first day? Since we already know that everyone will role-claim townie, it doesn't seem that anyone will be able to get out of a wagon moving at speed.

Bloojay's vote seems vaguely mafia-esque, but then I think mine will if I add it to his bandwagon :) So... I'm not sure of the most constructive way to deal with day one in the face of this. Any thoughts?
I don't want to be a hair, I want to be a DRAGON!
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:10 am

Post by No Idea »

Although Bloodjay's vote is a bit suspicious, I will
vote: MeMe
. Not only because I want revenge for mini 70, but because of the kill choice. In a game with no doctors (or any other useful pro-town roles), the mafia should obviously just kill the most experienced person. They seem to be following that logic, because they killed Talitha. However, Talitha isn't the most experienced person in this game, MeMe is. If she would have been innocent, the mafia would probably kill her instead of Talitha.
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Mafia
PolarBoy

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:11 am

Post by PolarBoy »

First Vote Count:

blackhawk: 3
(The Mystery Celly, bloojay, Wacky)
bloojay: 2
(MeMe, Isaac)
The Mystery Celly: 1
(blackhawk)
Wacky:
1(Fletcher)

Not Voting:
Carmine, Gammie, Kerplunk, No Idea.

With 11 alive it's 6 to lynch.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:38 am

Post by MeMe »

No Idea wrote:In a game with no doctors (or any other useful pro-town roles), the mafia should obviously just kill the most experienced person. They seem to be following that logic, because they killed Talitha. However, Talitha isn't the most experienced person in this game, MeMe is. If she would have been innocent, the mafia would probably kill her instead of Talitha.
Or, they could have banked on someone putting forth the theory you just did (MeMe's not dead? She
must
be mafia!) and planned to ride that theory to get three dead townies in a row -- a plan that makes a lot more sense than just crossing their fingers and hoping a bandwagon doesn't form on them.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:41 am

Post by Kerplunk »

No Idea wrote:They seem to be following that logic, because they killed Talitha. However, Talitha isn't the most experienced person in this game, MeMe is. If she would have been innocent, the mafia would probably kill her instead of Talitha.
Or you want us to think that. Because there's no more to go on,
vote: bloojay
. He put the third(!) 'random' vote on blackhawk, which is a bit quick. I can understand he wants to get this game starting, but some am I. And bloojay is more suspicious then blackhawk.
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:42 am

Post by Kerplunk »

The first sentence should read: "Or the mafia wants us to think that." (That MeMe is mafia, by not killing her).
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:55 am

Post by No Idea »

MeMe wrote:
No Idea wrote:In a game with no doctors (or any other useful pro-town roles), the mafia should obviously just kill the most experienced person. They seem to be following that logic, because they killed Talitha. However, Talitha isn't the most experienced person in this game, MeMe is. If she would have been innocent, the mafia would probably kill her instead of Talitha.
Or, they could have banked on someone putting forth the theory you just did (MeMe's not dead? She
must
be mafia!) and planned to ride that theory to get three dead townies in a row -- a plan that makes a lot more sense than just crossing their fingers and hoping a bandwagon doesn't form on them.
Perhaps the mafia is trying to get you lynched, then again perhaps not. Maybe you're scum trying to avoid being lynched by saying that's exactly what the mafia wants. I'm not a 100% percent sure you're mafia, but voting for you is (in my opinion) better than random voting. And Bloodjay is being bandwagoned by enough people already.
Gammie
Gammie
Townie
Gammie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:06 am

Post by Gammie »

MeMe wrote:Well
I
didn't confirm in the thread...but that's because I can read AND follow instructions.
Shush :(
Although Bloodjay's vote is a bit suspicious, I will vote: MeMe . Not only because I want revenge for mini 70, but because of the kill choice. In a game with no doctors (or any other useful pro-town roles), the mafia should obviously just kill the most experienced person. They seem to be following that logic, because they killed Talitha. However, Talitha isn't the most experienced person in this game, MeMe is. If she would have been innocent, the mafia would probably kill her instead of Talitha.
Vote: No Idea
for crap logic

Keep your other games out of this one. The mafia might have found Talitha more threatening than MeMe. You're trying to figure out the mafia's opinion on who would be most threatening, which is impossible as far as I can figure.
[size=75][b][color=gray]You miss 100% of the shots you├óÔé¼Ôäóll never take ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ Wayne Gretzky
I├óÔé¼Ôäóm not dumb enough to be a goalie ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ Brad Hull[/color][/b][/size]
Gammie
Gammie
Townie
Gammie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:13 am

Post by Gammie »

Now that I think about it, screw that. Third vote is a lot more suspicious than crap logic :?

Unvote: No Idea
Vote: Bloojay

As far as I see, that's a 4th vote. I'll be back in another hour or two, I need a nap because I've got a headache :cry:
[size=75][b][color=gray]You miss 100% of the shots you├óÔé¼Ôäóll never take ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ Wayne Gretzky
The Mystery Celly
The Mystery Celly
Townie
The Mystery Celly
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:16 am

Post by The Mystery Celly »

Although it's really tempting, I think we need to here more from bloojay before we stack a fifth vote on.

FoS No Idea
for use of that worthless logic to try and divert attention from bloojay. It seem's pretty obvious that bloojay is acting more suspicious than Meme. Unless you have ulterior motives for not squeezing bloojay for info, I don't know why you'd stack your vote on Meme just for having mad skills.
bling bling, sucka
blackhawk
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
Hercule Paranoid

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:34 am

Post by blackhawk »

i'll
unvote:Mystery Celly
but i wont vote for bloojay just yet,
bloojay
bloojay
The Other Blue Meat
bloojay
The Other Blue Meat
The Other Blue Meat

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:41 pm

Post by bloojay »

well, I'll go ahead and claim.
I am a simple townie who hates the mafia for killing some close relatives.
mepmuff: I don't know what to make of the Peacebringer news story.
sycko999: Mabye PB is really ugly...-Suburbia Mafia
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:51 pm

Post by MeMe »

unvote: bloojay

Carmine wrote:Three bad guys, eight good. So, are we just going to bandwagon someone randomly for the first day? Since we already know that everyone will role-claim townie, it doesn't seem that anyone will be able to get out of a wagon moving at speed.

Bloojay's vote seems vaguely mafia-esque, but then I think mine will if I add it to his bandwagon :) So... I'm not sure of the most constructive way to deal with day one in the face of this. Any thoughts?
Going back over the posts, this looks like "I want to bandwagon, but I'm not sure if it will look too suspicious...could someone give me advice on how
not
to look scummy, please?!"

vote: Carmine
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:59 pm

Post by Fletcher »

The Mystery Celly wrote:Although it's really tempting, I think we need to here more from bloojay before we stack a fifth vote on.
Yeah, six votes would've killed him...

Unvote: Wacky
Heh, forgot that random votes are useless. :oops:

Vote: No Idea
. Although, it is possible that the mafia is trying to screw MeMe, I think that it is very feesible that the mafia would kill Talitha. I think Talitha would be smart choice for the mafia since she is a good thinker. Although, it's not the best reasoning it's all I have for now.
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:33 pm

Post by Isaac »

unvote:bloojay

No reason to keep that vote there, as far as I can tell. I find No Idea pretty scummy right now. Why, you ask? Well, gather round. No Idea starts out his voting for MeMe post with saying that he's not doing it for revenge. Now, this piques my interest. Lots of us here were in Mafia 70, but it would never have occured to me that he was doing this for revenge. But of course, he goes out of his way to specifically mention he's not out for revenge. This can't help but make me think that revenge is at least on his mind. This, in itself isn't scummy, though. What really caught my eye was in his next post.
Perhaps the mafia is trying to get you lynched, then again perhaps not.
So where's this mafia bandwagon he's referring to coming from? The one vote that only he has on her? Now it's possible that when he says "the mafia" in that line he's referring to himself, but why go out of the way to obscure the issue and make his post as confusing as possible? So that the uncareful reader would not know what was going on, is my guess. I dunno, the posts I've read from No Idea lately all give me the idea that he wants to kill MeMe today because of what happened in another game, and he jumped on the flimsiest excuse possible to start a bandwagon, and then obscure his own involvement in said bandwagon.

By my count, he has one vote, and surely deserves another:

vote: No Idea
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:20 pm

Post by Wacky »

Carmine wrote:Three bad guys, eight good. So, are we just going to bandwagon someone randomly for the first day? Since we already know that everyone will role-claim townie, it doesn't seem that anyone will be able to get out of a wagon moving at speed.

Same quote, different argument.

1: the Talitha kill: without overanalysing, that is either a kill by relatively inexperienced players (since MeMe is better known for modding stuff than for winning MasiaStom) or an attempt to appear so. With no doctors and stuff Talitha should be ranked no.2 for killing at night. But it doesnt.

2: Some townies have stuff tacked on the end. Stuff that may be pertinent and believed (or not).

So, I'm going to hope that MeMe isn't scum and
Vote: Carmine
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:43 pm

Post by Carmine »

MeMe wrote:Going back over the posts, this looks like "I want to bandwagon, but I'm not sure if it will look too suspicious...could someone give me advice on how
not
to look scummy, please?!"
Rar.

I was trying to promote discussion as to how we might move forward on a day when bandwagonning someone to the hilt is going to provoke nothing more than an "I'm a townie!" role-claim. I don't understand why Bloojay standing up saying "I role-claim and... I'm a townie!" has convinced people instantly. I assume that the "flavour" bit about relatives has hinted to some people that it might be genuine - it hasn't to me, I seem to be completely devoid of flavour.

The "Any thoughts?" bit of my post was intended to be related to the first paragraph asking for some discussion on whether we were just going to randomly bandwagon someone on the first day when we know that their role-claim won't be particularly convincing one way or the other. Additionally, if I didn't want to look scummy, I'd just be following the crowd with a random vote on someone that didn't stick out as having a vote yet :P

So, whaddayaknow, I'm just a plain townie, and everyone else will claim exactly the same. :roll: This is the point I'm trying to make, and actually prompt some discussion around. I
don't
want to randomly bandwagon just yet.
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:50 pm

Post by No Idea »

My being suspicious of MeMe has nothing to do with other games, that mini 70 bit was just a side note. I wasn't trying to divert attention from Bloodjay, I just thought that while we're waiting for him to defend himself I might as well write my thoughts. My saying that MeMe is the most experienced player in this game was based only on her post count.

Nobody seems to be agreeing with my theory, so I guess it's crap logic. I just wanted to contribute to the game by posting my suspicions. Also, MeMe's theory that the mafia chose not to kill her because they want us to be suspicious of her is perfectly possible.
Unvote: MeMe.
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:50 pm

Post by No Idea »

My being suspicious of MeMe has nothing to do with other games, that mini 70 bit was just a side note. I wasn't trying to divert attention from Bloodjay, I just thought that while we're waiting for him to defend himself I might as well write my thoughts. My saying that MeMe is the most experienced player in this game was based only on her post count.

Nobody seems to be agreeing with my theory, so I guess it's crap logic. I just wanted to contribute to the game by posting my suspicions. Also, MeMe's theory that the mafia chose not to kill her because they want us to be suspicious of her is perfectly possible.
Unvote: MeMe.
Gammie
Gammie
Townie
Gammie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:06 am

Post by Gammie »

Unvote: BlooJay
FoS: No Idea

I remember a game MeMe played in (which I believe she was town) and she picked up that someone was spelling someone's name wrong constantly and thought there might be something behind it. Just noticed that No Idea keeps saying BlooJay is BloodJay. It might be nothing, but I thought it might be worthy to point out..But I don't think it's vote worthy.

MeMe's case on Carmine is a more convincing than my own anyways. And even though you've claimed "just townie", you're doing exactly what you said everyone will do, which doesn't clear you in any way. I do think BlooJay's claim was more convincing than your own, because at least his wasn't as empty as "I'm just a townie."

Vote: Carmine

And I believe that's a 3rd vote
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:11 am

Post by Carmine »

That was the point I was trying to make, Gammie. And what else can I do to defend myself? Well, nothing. I don't have any flavour, I don't have any excitement. I'm just a plain townie. Just like any scum could say :P This is why my suspicions about Bloojay are increased, but it comes down to comparing the context of roles and the way the mod might write them.

This is primarily the reason I'm raising the point in the first place. For the moment I can't decide who is wilfully missing what I'm saying due to scumminess, and who just wants a lynch.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:27 am

Post by MeMe »

Carmine wrote:I assume that the "flavour" bit about relatives has hinted to some people that it might be genuine
Not "might be genuine" but "is almost
positively
genuine." The only way anyone could know that townie roles have extra stuff tacked on is to have actually received such a role; bloojay would have to be an extraordinary guesser if he were scum. The fact that you claim to be a townie
and
devoid of flavour only makes me question your goodness more.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:29 am

Post by Carmine »

And you don't think I'd notice this, and pretend to have my own flavour if I weren't genuine and didn't have any? Do you think I'd actually draw attention to it? Come on, I may be new but I'm not stupid.
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
PolarBoy

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:20 am

Post by PolarBoy »

Vote Count:

blackhawk: 2
(The Mystery Celly, bloojay)
bloojay: 1
(Kerplunk)
Carmine: 3
(Gammie, MeMe, Wacky)
No Idea: 1
1(Fletcher)

Not Voting:
blackhawk, Carmine, Isaac, No Idea.

With 11 alive it's 6 to lynch.
Last edited by PolarBoy on Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
blackhawk
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
Hercule Paranoid

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:17 am

Post by blackhawk »

Doesnt black and white refer to basic? as in black and white tv? so would there really be an explanation as to why bloojay doesnt like mafia, if its basic?
bloojay's roleclaim wrote:well, I'll go ahead and claim.
I am a simple townie who h8s<edit> the mafia for exterminating<edit> some close relatives.*
just wondering cuz bloojay's is different than mine

*i had to replace some of that stuff because it wouldn't show them otherwise

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”