Newbie 1488: Igloo-Town Tragedy (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 3:36 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Vote Count 4.04
  • Jake from State Farm (2) -
    jklash12, Billi bilaði
    [L-1]

• Debonair Danny DiPietro (1) -
    Jake from State Farm
  • jklash12 (0) -

• Billi bilaði (0) -

• dawn_to_dusk (0) -

• Not Voting (2) – dawn_to_dusk, Debonair Danny DiPietro
With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Deadline is 12AM EST May 21
Countdown: (expired on 2014-05-21 00:00:00)
[/i][/area]
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 12:52 pm

Post by jklash12 »

In post 718, Jake from State Farm wrote:can either of you guys give me a reasoning why you are voting me at least? I honestly don't know why people suspect me cause I have literally done nothing scummy all game
In post 712, jklash12 wrote:I would be fine lynching you or DDD because one of you is scum.
Its not that I think you are more scummy. I just think DDD is more towny
than you but I could be wrong.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 1:14 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

Well if he's scum he did his job well. I have a response/defense to that but it's easily brushed off as wifom so I won't worry about it.

Every part of me wants to fight this lynch but I can't argue "he's townier" and the only other knocks against me are just circumstantial

Good luck guys, fwiw I still think it's DDD
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 1:22 pm

Post by jklash12 »

In post 715, dawn_to_dusk wrote:I'm thinking DDD is pretty townie. Which is good as, if we mislynch today, we have a much better chance at winning the next day. The main question here is: who do I think is scum right now?

And the answer is jake. I haven't really been interacting with him much but between him and jk, jk is seeming more town. Still, if jake flips town, we can lynch jk tomorrow which puts a lot of pressure on him to pin DDD. Which at this point, is incredibly hard to do.

I won't vote yet, but the point is made.
So you pretty much won't vote DDD tomorrow?

If you are going to do this I would rather lynch DDD today because if it turns out jake is town then we would be screwed. We would be screwed because then DDD would NK billi and then get you to vote me tomorrow for his scum win. If you think like this it would be better to lynch DDD today and if he's town we can lynch jake scum tomorrow.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: DDD
dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 6:22 pm

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

You missed one thing in that plan: analysis of the NK.

I would have been able to figure that out if NK went to billi
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 10:16 pm

Post by Billi bilaði »

UNVOTE: Jake from State Farm
Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2014 3:00 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 730, Billi bilaði wrote:UNVOTE: Jake from State Farm
Are you really going to reward "hey I was going to make an argument but what's the point"? Like I get that jklash's last post is super skeevy because of how coldly calculating it is but is it really worse than someone making no effort whatsoever and isn't the fact that he at least made the argument a positive sign relatively?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2014 3:16 am

but really what is the point? If the game is auto-win for me why would I waste my time.

Now if BB and DTD want to put me through the wringer, I am not refusing to answer questions and defending my actions as best I can, but they aren't doing that and from my pov scum is out of 2 people and if we lynch wrong today the game isn't over.

You just look like you are coming off desperate, which would make sense if you were scum

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2014 3:31 am

DDD, assuming you were about to be lynched and you were giving final reads. How would you list your scumbuddy in that list or reads?

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2014 3:52 am

In post 732, Jake from State Farm wrote:but really what is the point? If the game is auto-win for me why would I waste my time.
It's not an auto-win if you get lynched as you very nearly did yesterday, that's the point.
In post 732, Jake from State Farm wrote:You just look like you are coming off desperate, which would make sense if you were scum
I could've have already had your lynch if I wanted it "desperately" so this is pretty much nonsense.
In post 733, Jake from State Farm wrote:DDD, assuming you were about to be lynched and you were giving final reads. How would you list your scumbuddy in that list or reads?
If I was scum and about to be lynched for sure then I wouldn't give reads at all. If I was forced to do so for some reason then it's be entirely conditional on the game state, the best thing to do is probably to match the town's perception of the player in question.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2014 4:06 am

Well yeah if I get lynched it's not auto-win for me but nobody is really making a case against me. I can't defend myself from "ddd is townier than you"

If you could have had my lynch yesterday and you thought I was scum yesterday, why did you not try and get me lynched?

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2014 4:13 am

Why am I scum DDD. Point me to your case or make one.

Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2014 5:10 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 731, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
In post 730, Billi bilaði wrote:UNVOTE: Jake from State Farm
Are you really going to reward "hey I was going to make an argument but what's the point"? Like I get that jklash's last post is super skeevy because of how coldly calculating it is but is it really worse than someone making no effort whatsoever and isn't the fact that he at least made the argument a positive sign relatively?
No. But I'm not going to be the only one voting him at the moment.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2014 5:13 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 736, Jake from State Farm wrote:Why am I scum DDD. Point me to your case or make one.
Says the player who stated: "I don't make cases".

I still don't buy into the logic that the burden of asking questions should be on me and dawn.
Out of the 3 of you there are 2 townies how should be asking questions just as hard as other townies.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2014 5:14 am

In post 735, Jake from State Farm wrote:If you could have had my lynch yesterday and you thought I was scum yesterday, why did you not try and get me lynched?
Read
In post 736, Jake from State Farm wrote:Why am I scum DDD. Point me to your case or make one.
the fucking thread
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2014 5:33 am

that first link was pointless as there is nothing in there

Your second one though is interesting because actually the fact that billi voted right after me and didn't question my vote definitely stood out in my mind, which is why I pushed the scum slip thing so hard cause he was already on my radar. My vote in 176 wasn't for an awful reason, I felt it was a pretty good reason.

The third thought could easily have been generated by you killing zeph trying to manipulate the discussion. Why would i kill zeph? In my scum games I try to create confusion by taking out people that can set up a mislynch the next day. If I were scum i'd probably would have taken out random since he was giving his list of who he thought should be lynched the next day. Pretty sure you can look through all of my scum games and see examples of that. Killing Zephyer doesn't help me achieve my win condition if I were scum.

Your last post is also pointless.

You can't point to my laziness and say I am scum for it. You can say I am playing anti-town probably but not scum. My scum games in lylo I am way more active than I am this game, but I am also way more active in my town games

I don't think I have a single game where I was essentially a useless MF'er like I am in this game, but I have also never been in a situation where no matter who I help lynch, town still wins.

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2014 5:41 am

btw you want to talk about bad reasons to vote someone?
In post 195, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
In post 194, Randomnamechange wrote:Yeah but you would say that if you were scum. Saying that you are a vanilla tells us nothing.
It tells me that when I do this...

VOTE: innocentvillager

That even if he is town I'm not lynching a power role.
I don't even think you were scum reading him. Why would you hammer someone that it didn't seem to be you were even scum reading when we had I believe 2 more days til deadline and give up your Private vote who was scum?

seems kinda questionable to me, like you didn't really want to bus day 1...

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2014 5:50 am

The interesting thing about the hammer also is you didn't allow time for anyone to process the claim and say they believe him or not. That's poor play as an IC and scummy as hell in general.

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2014 7:46 am

In post 740, Jake from State Farm wrote:that first link was pointless as there is nothing in there
You don't get a medal for lynching fast and unlike other people I can name, I'd rather be right than just do what's easy.
In post 740, Jake from State Farm wrote:Your second one though is interesting because actually the fact that billi voted right after me and didn't question my vote definitely stood out in my mind, which is why I pushed the scum slip thing so hard cause he was already on my radar. My vote in 176 wasn't for an awful reason, I felt it was a pretty good reason.
The reason was awful and had already been discredited.
In post 740, Jake from State Farm wrote:The third thought could easily have been generated by you killing zeph trying to manipulate the discussion. Why would i kill zeph? In my scum games I try to create confusion by taking out people that can set up a mislynch the next day. If I were scum i'd probably would have taken out random since he was giving his list of who he thought should be lynched the next day. Pretty sure you can look through all of my scum games and see examples of that. Killing Zephyer doesn't help me achieve my win condition if I were scum.
I already listed about sixteen different reasons why someone who wasn't me would kill Zeph earlier in the thread. I on the other hand actually had a disincentive to kill Zeph in magical fairyland where I'm scum because I was the only player with a town read on him and willing to push that, he would've been an easily manipulated asset to me.
In post 740, Jake from State Farm wrote:You can't point to my laziness and say I am scum for it. You can say I am playing anti-town probably but not scum. My scum games in lylo I am way more active than I am this game, but I am also way more active in my town games

I don't think I have a single game where I was essentially a useless MF'er like I am in this game, but I have also never been in a situation where no matter who I help lynch, town still wins.
Social contract of the game, if you are actively anti-town you are aiding the scum and I have no problem treating you as such. I don't even care about your self-meta since you claim to have changed your own meta recently. And the last point is still wrong, if you help get yourself lynched which you've done a splendid job so far you could easily lose if you're town.
In post 741, Jake from State Farm wrote:I don't even think you were scum reading him. Why would you hammer someone that it didn't seem to be you were even scum reading when we had I believe 2 more days til deadline and give up your Private vote who was scum?
In post 205, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:

Vote Count 1.07
  • innocentvillager (5) -
    PrivateI, randomidget, Billi bilaði, Jake from State Farm, Debonair Danny DiPietro
    [Lynched]

• Debonair Danny DiPietro (2) -
    dawn_to_dusk, innocentvillager
  • PrivateI (1) -
    jklash12
  • Jake from State Farm (0) -

• Billi bilaði (0) -

• randomidget (0) -

• jklash12 (0) -

• dawn_to_dusk (0) -

• Zephyrus (0) -

• Not Voting (1) – Zephyrus

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
In post 130, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Furthermore, I tend to pick on SEs who undercontribute; I give newbies some latitude because they might not know how the game is played here but SEs by virtue of having some experience should know they need to contribute and he's failing in that regard.
Continuing the line of awful arguments Jake, not really surprised.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2014 7:53 am

That's not scum reading him. You policy lynched him. That's essentially what you are now trying to do with me. Sure I should be more active / aggressive but because I'm not it's perceived as anti- town and that's easier to attack.

Basically all your pushes were underlying policy lynches which are easy to pull off as scum.

jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2014 12:40 pm

Post by jklash12 »

In post 729, dawn_to_dusk wrote:You missed one thing in that plan: analysis of the NK.

I would have been able to figure that out if NK went to billi
Not necessarily. I still think in a lylo with you, DDD, and myself based on your thinking in the post I quoted that you would still vote me over DDD.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2014 4:47 pm

In post 744, Jake from State Farm wrote:That's not scum reading him. You policy lynched him. That's essentially what you are now trying to do with me. Sure I should be more active / aggressive but because I'm not it's perceived as anti- town and that's easier to attack.

Basically all your pushes were underlying policy lynches which are easy to pull off as scum.
Sure, I policy lynched an under-contributing SEs which besides being fun is coincidentally the most reliable way to lynch scum I've found in newbie games. Shame on me for doing something effective.

And here I'm trying to policy lynch you for... thinking you're most likely to have made one of the night kills, under contributing in a critical portion of the game, repeated bad logic for votes, and the whole not being the only player not to help lynch the scum thing. Oh wait, those aren't policy lynch issues, those are scumtells. Silly me, I get those things confused all the time or at least you do apparently.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 6:51 am

Well I'm not used to playing newbie games but I find it hard to believe that not contributing as an SE is a secret scumtell.

And none of those things you listed for me are scumtells and the nk speculation one is really funny cause I wouldn't touch a lurker for a nk.

Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 7:03 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 728, jklash12 wrote:
In post 715, dawn_to_dusk wrote:I'm thinking DDD is pretty townie. Which is good as, if we mislynch today, we have a much better chance at winning the next day. The main question here is: who do I think is scum right now?

And the answer is jake. I haven't really been interacting with him much but between him and jk, jk is seeming more town. Still, if jake flips town, we can lynch jk tomorrow which puts a lot of pressure on him to pin DDD. Which at this point, is incredibly hard to do.

I won't vote yet, but the point is made.
So you pretty much won't vote DDD tomorrow?

If you are going to do this I would rather lynch DDD today because if it turns out jake is town then we would be screwed. We would be screwed because then DDD would NK billi and then get you to vote me tomorrow for his scum win. If you think like this it would be better to lynch DDD today and if he's town we can lynch jake scum tomorrow.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: DDD
So, DDD, in my mind this is a very townie post from jklash12. Reason: He's implicating that he can't night kill. So, if he is the remaining mafioso, then it is pretty shrewd (to lure me in at least). And it also doesn't rhyme with him "being lost" on this day. (Don't remember how you phrased it.)
So, should Jake be lynched today, this would be a strong gut-feeling-argument to vote you tomorrow.
(If I would take this gut-feeling at face value, I could just as well hammer you now and then Jake is gone tomorrow. I don't think your reluctance to vote spells particularly townie.)

So, what am I saying?
Well: Why shouldn't I just post "intent to hammer" now?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 7:28 am

Billi, I'll be honest, I really don't know what you're saying. How is jklash implying that he can't night kill any different from any of his other posts where he claims to be town and that me or Jake must be scum because of that and how is it any different from Jake or I saying we're town which we've both done several times and thus implying that we can't make the night kill? Because I'll be honest, I don't see a difference.

And again your post isn't super clear but I think everything later in your post rests upon that first assumption which I just explained is a bad assumption. But let's take apart the next part, how is my reluctance to vote a scum thing? If I was scum why wouldn't I take the opportunity that was already presented and hammer Jake? At that point I had both you and DTD on my side and would've gotten my preferred lynch; surely it would've been better for hypothetical scum-me to just hammer instead of letting the day extend for no good reason where those things could fall apart, yeah?

So if the final line is a threat towards me then I've already explained why the assumptions that lead you there are wrong but also you already read and agreed with the reasons I presented why I was town and furthermore, I'm the one who has presented the most compelling reasons why Jake is scum and even reasons why jk might be scum. I'll agree that there's probably not much to be gained at this point, I've poked and prodded where I've wanted to and if you want to set DTD up for intent to hammer I'll set you up.

VOTE: Jake

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”