Micro 381 - 999 Mafia (Nonary Game Complete)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Jackel98
Jackel98
Goon
Jackel98
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:41 am

Post by Jackel98 »

Possibly a PR like a Doctor or Jailkeeper that can prevent a night kill.
“Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.”
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:48 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Wait did we have an accidental hammer?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Jackel98
Jackel98
Goon
Jackel98
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:50 am

Post by Jackel98 »

Where?
Jackel98
Jackel98
Goon
Jackel98
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:52 am

Post by Jackel98 »

No, there wasn't. Flames is at L-2, I think, because ThirtyFour unvoted after someone put Flames at L-1.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:53 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Parama claimed doublevoter, might have been a derphammer depending on how the doublevote works
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Jackel98
Jackel98
Goon
Jackel98
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:01 am

Post by Jackel98 »

Oh. I thought a double voter could vote two seperate people.
Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:22 am

Post by Akane Kurashiki »

In post 70, Not_Mafia wrote:"50+ posts prior which included a lot of theory babble that had largely been resolved.

Oh come on. It's totally possible to glean useful things from "theory babble," so don't just dismiss it. You can get reads based on how someone entirely posts about theory, or actually puts new ideas out and then some other good non-theory content, etc.

For instance, ThirtyFour has caught my eye for reasons that started with a theory post. Namely, his post 23 (where he basically just restates theory things that have already been said -- good way to appear helpful and active without actually sticking your neck out or doing anything useful) and parts of 61. The unvote also rubs me the wrong way -- it's not like anyone was actually going to hammer at this stage of the game, and he unvoted without voting anyone else or even putting any reads out, flat out saying that everyone was "pretty much null." Cuz I don't care how new you are, you should have at least one read by page three even if it's not a solid one yet. It reads as overly cautious and avoiding making any waves and I think it's worth a vote.

VOTE: ThirtyFour
Zero the Ninth
Zero the Ninth
Townie
Zero the Ninth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:30 am

Post by Zero the Ninth »

LYNCH VOTE

Bins (0) -
Akane Kurashiki (2) - xRECKONERx, Not_Mafia
Quilford (0) -
Flames682 (2) - Quilford, Parama
Parama (0) -
Not_Mafia (1) - Bins
xRECKONERx (0) -
ThirtyFour (1) - Akane Kurashiki
Jackel98 (0) -

Not Voting - Jackel98, Flames682, ThirtyFour

DOOR VOTE

Bins -
Akane Kurashiki -
Quilford -
Flames682 -
Parama -
Not_Mafia -
xRECKONERx - [Akane Kurashiki, Flames682, ThirtyFour - 5], [Quilford, Parama, xRECKONERx - 6], [Bins, Not_Mafia, Jackel98 - 7]
ThirtyFour -
Jackel98 -

Current Plurality - [Akane Kurashiki, Flames682, ThirtyFour - 5], [Quilford, Parama, xRECKONERx - 6], [Bins, Not_Mafia, Jackel98 - 7]

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch (5 to No Lynch). Deadline will be Friday, August 29th at 4pm EST.
Truth had gone, truth had gone, truth had gone. Ah, now truth is asleep in the darkness of the sinister hand.

TWO MILKMEN GO COMEDY
MEMENTO MORI IF THE NINETH LION ATE THE SUN
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:39 am

Post by Parama »

In post 74, Bins wrote:Makes you kind of want to question why the heck there's a 9 Day limit.

flavor, probably, though it's a bit odd yeah.
In post 79, Not_Mafia wrote:Parama claimed doublevoter, might have been a derphammer depending on how the doublevote works

no, votes have to be declared separately.
I agree with everything in post 81. Let's add some pressure there too methinks. VOTE: ThirtyFour
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
ThirtyFour
ThirtyFour
Goon
ThirtyFour
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:11 am

Post by ThirtyFour »

I think the PEdit in post 23 should make it obvious that I didn't just restate what Jackel said, but that he ninja'd me there and I didn't want to just PEdit out everything when it was still my opinion and were still some new things.
I unvoted Flames because it was an RVS hammer. I honestly don't know who else to vote right now, because I'd like to be reasonably confident in a scumread before I vote anyone, and that's not happening after three pages, at least not with me. I gave opinions, I'm just not confident in them yet - I think I implied that Parama and Jackel were mild gut scumreads, if I didn't, I'm saying it now. If that's enough to vote them, I can do that, of course. I'm trying my best to scumhunt here, I read this thread multiple times, but I just don't know what do do right now.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:16 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Hey, a real wagon!

VOTE: 34
green shirt thursdays
Jackel98
Jackel98
Goon
Jackel98
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:20 am

Post by Jackel98 »

@ThirtyFour: I seem to get "Jackel is a mild gut scumread" a lot. I don't know how to get rid of it, but I know of at least one specific example in my last game, with Bins.

PEDIT: Reckoner, care to explain why you're jumping onto the wagon?
ThirtyFour
ThirtyFour
Goon
ThirtyFour
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:23 am

Post by ThirtyFour »

In post 22, Jackel98 wrote:Well, let's hope I don't die early. I don't even get a cool nickname...
[...]
PEDIT-2: I didn't think of it that way, Reckoner...

In post 29, Jackel98 wrote:At first, I saw you as trying to use up all the doors as soon as possible. I still think that three groups is too many, but after you posted your reasoning, I lost my reason to be voting you. Still in the beginning of the game, but this game is already interesting.

This just sounds awkward to me. It's hard to explain a gut feeling. Especially the "this game is already interesting" part.

@ Jackel: If the game's already finished, can you link me to the example? It might just be a playstyle thing I'm responding to here.
ThirtyFour
ThirtyFour
Goon
ThirtyFour
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:32 am

Post by ThirtyFour »

@ Reckoner: Why was flames being put at L-1 not a real wagon?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:32 am

Post by Parama »

In post 84, ThirtyFour wrote: I think I implied that Parama and Jackel were mild gut scumreads, if I didn't, I'm saying it now. If that's enough to vote them, I can do that, of course.

What reason do you have to not vote? Why are you being hesitant? Why do you want/why would you need permission to vote? If you have two scumreads, why are you not pursuing them in the slightest?
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Jackel98
Jackel98
Goon
Jackel98
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:33 am

Post by Jackel98 »

Here is one from my last game. Reading back, I can see why he thought this, but it's kinda hard to remove my mannerisms. Pessimism and sarcasm are too fun.
Jackel98
Jackel98
Goon
Jackel98
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:40 am

Post by Jackel98 »

And here is another and another. The first one could've been Bins trying to buddy me, though.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:43 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 88, ThirtyFour wrote:@ Reckoner: Why was flames being put at L-1 not a real wagon?

Because Flames is town and that wagon was silly.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:43 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 86, Jackel98 wrote:PEDIT: Reckoner, care to explain why you're jumping onto the wagon?

Because I have town reads, null reads, and then the 34 wagon which is, "At least there are actual reasons"
green shirt thursdays
ThirtyFour
ThirtyFour
Goon
ThirtyFour
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:48 am

Post by ThirtyFour »

@ Parama: This mostly comes down to personality and being afraid of playing badly.

@ Jackel: The awkwardness isn't about pessimism and sarcasm, it's more about sounding "fake", and I'm not seeing the same in the other game.

I agree that putting Flames at L-1 was silly. I don't like Parama being wanting to leave him there.

@ Parama: Why were you fine with putting Flames at L-1 on the second page over one post?
ThirtyFour
ThirtyFour
Goon
ThirtyFour
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:48 am

Post by ThirtyFour »

@ Reckoner: Why are you townreading Flames? Why are you so sure he "is town"?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:53 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 81, Akane Kurashiki wrote:
In post 70, Not_Mafia wrote:"50+ posts prior which included a lot of theory babble that had largely been resolved.

Oh come on. It's totally possible to glean useful things from "theory babble," so don't just dismiss it. You can get reads based on how someone entirely posts about theory, or actually puts new ideas out and then some other good non-theory content, etc.

I got a couple of townreads from it, just not ones I feel the need in sharing at this point

And why the callout for Thirty Four's unvote and not Flame's? Both seemed pretty appeasing

In post 84, ThirtyFour wrote:If that's enough to vote them, I can do that, of course.

You should pretty much always be using your vote, this is the kind of thing that usually gets ironed out in the newbie queue.

In post 94, ThirtyFour wrote:@ Parama: This mostly comes down to personality and being afraid of playing badly.

You're going to play less efectively and get more scumreads the more the more self conscious you play

In post 94, ThirtyFour wrote:I agree that putting Flames at L-1 was silly. I don't like Parama being wanting to leave him there.

@ Parama: Why were you fine with putting Flames at L-1 on the second page over one post?

Do you think L-1 is inherently bad?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:58 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 95, ThirtyFour wrote:@ Reckoner: Why are you townreading Flames? Why are you so sure he "is town"?

I liked his post 40 in relation to my questioning of Jackel98. It's weak, but it's something.
green shirt thursdays
ThirtyFour
ThirtyFour
Goon
ThirtyFour
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:34 am

Post by ThirtyFour »

In post 96, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 84, ThirtyFour wrote:If that's enough to vote them, I can do that, of course.

You should pretty much always be using your vote, this is the kind of thing that usually gets ironed out in the newbie queue.

Alright, thank you, I'm doing that then.
VOTE: Parama

In post 94, ThirtyFour wrote:@ Parama: This mostly comes down to personality and being afraid of playing badly.

You're going to play less efectively and get more scumreads the more the more self conscious you play

It's hard to change personality and something learned from lot of off-site experiences (on Epicmafia, if you say/do a single thing people don't like, you get lynched within roughly 10 seconds -.-), but I'm trying.

In post 94, ThirtyFour wrote:I agree that putting Flames at L-1 was silly. I don't like Parama being wanting to leave him there.

Do you think L-1 is inherently bad?

No. L-1 can be pretty good. But I don't think it is on D2 based on a single post - then I see no reason to do that and it could possibly lead to a derphammer because that early in the game people might not look at the votecount (like Parama did).

@ Reckoner: Why are you townreading Jackel? What do you think about the awkwardness in his posts I'm feeling?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:36 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I think, upon extensive questioning of Jackel, his thoughts/reasons behind the weird actions made sense to me. Usually, I'm pretty good about sniffing out bullshit like that.
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”