Micro 381 - 999 Mafia (Nonary Game Complete)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #2335 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:49 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

Reck isn't letting me have any fun with him by completely ignoring all my hint dropping. :(

So hi, I'm Akane, and this game made me wish I'd never done a secret alt in the first place, but once I'd done it I felt like I needed to stick to my guns. (And now I'm just done with long-form forum mafia so it didn't even end up mattering, argh.) And I'm tired of not being able to talk about it as myself and not as an alt so here goes.

It would have been a lot less stressful on me in the end if I'd been able to respond to things clearly as myself. Things like "OH MY GOD YES YOU DO SO TOTALLY DO STUPID FAKECLAIMS" -- something Gamma was able to say when he replaced in, but not something I was able to say because I was mostly thinking of face-to-face games and didn't want to narrow down my identity that far (especially since I was being consistently read as "she" despite never putting a gender identity in my profile... <_<)

Things like not getting yelled at for being a secret alt, because come on, if I hadn't slipped up when arguing against Reck's claim, it might never have even become known.

Things like "OH MY GOD STOP YELLING TERRIBLE THINGS AT ME" because I knew Reck, even if he didn't "know" me. And on that note, knowing or not knowing someone really shouldn't make a difference in whether or not you are the bare minimum of civil to them, but I
really
don't want to get into it again, so I'm just gonna leave it at that.

And especially,
especially
I wanted to respond to all the setup speculation featuring things like "Pie would do this!" or "Pie wouldn't do that." This post in particular made me laugh really hard because all those things are also true of me, except that I
have
heard him suggest things
and actually put things in a game
that would make for a "bonkers pants-on-head stupid ass" role, if not an entire setup. I think Pie mentioned this in the dead thread but he made a game off-site that had a role of town pinata. When killed, the person explodes into candy and every player gets one. The candies take up the place of a role action if you use them but don't actually do anything. I feel like that qualifies as pretty "pants-on-head," although to be fair I also helped design that role so I have to take credit for some of the stupidity. <_<

so tl;dr I shouldn't have been afraid of being attacked for being me (I feel like I'm perceived as an easy-to-lynch player) and just not done a secret alt. Certain aspects of the game probably would have gone more smoothly.

PS: I want to gripe that a serial killer with one kill is, by definition, not a
serial
killer. It's not as drastically misleading as Reck's role name, but I still feel like I should have been called a "JOAT survivor" or something, because that's essentially what I was.
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #2337 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:35 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

ok, good! I was wondering if you were really that dense to not realize it, but that makes more sense. :P

I haven't seen the SNL/Office thing but I think it was the capslock/feeling yelled at for the umpteenth time that did it, not as much the content. And I get that that's your philosophy and forum game persona but if I react that strongly to it even knowing that, I think I just need to stay away from forum games with you. :/

And I didn't know that about the forum games cuz this is my first attempt to play something since ragequitting LoL mafia ~ a year and a half ago. I was legitimately trying to scumhunt for the first few days since I really didn't know who they were, and that just struck me as something you'd do based on f2f shenanigans. And also team mafia when you fakeclaimed something against ythill and then immediately took it back once he was lynched. It just really wouldn't have surprised me if that claim had been fake. But that was what, 2, 3 years ago? I felt like if I came out with that it would be struck down as out-of-date and irrelevant.

The stuff about Pie's modding didn't make me twitch so much as I just found it ironic, but I didn't think you'd figured me out. If I'd known you had and we were just doing the song and dance of pretending about it, yeah, I probably would have gone a little twitchy.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #2338 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:39 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

In post 2337, esuriospiritus wrote:I was legitimately trying to scumhunt for the first few days since I really didn't know who they were

actually no wait I take this back, it's not entirely true. My case on 34 was completely fabricated just for the sake of making a point against something NM said. And to some degree I was trying to be scummy here and there (but not TOO scummy) for the first two days because I wasn't sure if scum had a nightkill and I didn't want to coast on any "towniness" only to get shot for it.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #2340 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:03 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

That's fair, and I figured it played a part :P

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #2343 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:42 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

I usually don't correct people no matter what they call me. I like feeling sneaky and incognito when people misgender me. :P

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”