Open 570: Making Friends and Enemies (Mafia Wins!)

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:52 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 470, Shinobi wrote:
In post 468, Malakittens wrote:Because I'm a hell of a lot easier to lynch than you are at this point in time.

A recurring theme which I find hilarious.

I wish I find it hilarious, but I dont. Although what I do find funny is that the chances of mislynching me on Day 1 is really low, very low and this usually just goes closer to lylo. So I'm always the topic of a lynch discussion, but it just doesn't happen.

@Uct:

Can you explain that town read on me please because it does not make sense.

Btw I saw BBT's last post to me, but im currently running into work and can not comment on it
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:52 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 470, Shinobi wrote:
In post 468, Malakittens wrote:Because I'm a hell of a lot easier to lynch than you are at this point in time.

A recurring theme which I find hilarious.

I wish I find it hilarious, but I dont. Although what I do find funny is that the chances of mislynching me on Day 1 is really low, very low and this usually just goes closer to lylo. So I'm always the topic of a lynch discussion, but it just doesn't happen.

@Uct:

Can you explain that town read on me please because it does not make sense.

Btw I saw BBT's last post to me, but im currently running into work and can not comment on it
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:58 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 475, Malakittens wrote:

First thing you have said that I agree with. The chances of mislynching you must be very low, I mean, you can't mislynch scum, right?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
hephaestus
hephaestus
Goon
hephaestus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:01 am

Post by hephaestus »

^lel
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:04 am

?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
hephaestus
hephaestus
Goon
hephaestus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:15 am

Post by hephaestus »

you made a funny
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:16 am

While you're here, what are your current reads?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:44 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 481, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:While you're here, what are your current reads?

I have seen this question before, and it makes me nervous.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:44 am

In post 482, davesaz wrote:
In post 481, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:While you're here, what are your current reads?

Don't be nervous. Engage.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:47 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 483, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 482, davesaz wrote:

Don't be nervous. Engage.

I was going to post again right after, it makes me nervous coming from you specifically. But apparently you're camped on the thread since it took me only about 15 seconds to write the followon post which was going to go here. :wink:
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:53 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 480, hephaestus wrote:you made a funny

What's funny (strange) is that the only thing you seem to post is funnies and comments on funnies. If you're going to replace in, at least you could play the actual game you replace into. You could be indifferent about a VT role, or you could be scum feigning indifference to a VT role. Keep it up and we might need to lynch you, if only to rule out the 2nd possibility.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:58 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 466, Shinobi wrote:Npau, why is it that you think it's bad that Mala doesn't have a serious vote down but you've completely ignored the fact that I haven't either?

I saw this back and forth, and figure it's based on the concept that some of the players in the game know each other.

I on the other hand do not know you, and would like to know when you're planning to leave the shadows. Surely you must have some kind of opinion, so what is it?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:00 am

In post 486, davesaz wrote:
I on the other hand do not know you, and would like to know when you're planning to leave the shadows. Surely you must have some kind of opinion, so what is it?

I've asked him this before.

And he put me in his anti-sheep list.

Still not contributing though.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:08 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 448, nopointinactingup wrote:
In post 443, Josh_B wrote:NPAU do you think people are making pot shots at you because you have 8 posts and 5 of them contain vote changes?
That's if you count your "confirm" post. Nearly all of your posts have had a vote change.
Goodmorning
BBT
Huntress
Goodmorning again
and Now
Mala

On top of that, they are nearly all without player engagement.
I'm still not sure what the Huntress vote was for. Can you explain?

I don't see a problem with vote changes, especially in the beginning of the game, when you are trying to figure out who is scum among the many.
My vote on Huntress was a gut thing. I felt like she was mainly cruising through the game being neutral. She had no vote so I voted her to see how she would respond. She didn't really respond but I was back at arguing with BBT before I could follow up on it

To reiterate the question, what good does a vote do if there is no player engagement to go with it? I've seen town use a vote plus commentary and interaction and move on if the interaction is satisfactory, but you feel more like scum tossing votes to see if a wagon can magically appear. That technique gives scum an out of "but I didn't start that wagon, clearly my vote wasn't serious." Or a chance to move off once it gains traction, hiding the scum distancing in a vote hopping pattern.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:38 am

In post 373, Huntress wrote:I'm also looking at BBT and NPAU but I don't think they are scum together.

Is there a reason you don't think me and NPAU can be scum together?

In post 378, Scripten wrote:
In post 377, Metal Sonic wrote:
Newb scums are obvious scums

Newb towns are vi

Alright. That's a fair enough point for the moment.

You're very compliant in this game Scripten. It's like you're trying not to ruffle any feathers.

I got my eye on you.
In post 432, Malakittens wrote:Also I forgot about marvel entirely and you were town there and so was I, but I replaced in and I think you were basically conf-town by then.

You couldn't use his town play from that game to help you determine his alignment in this game?

Mala, can I have a reads-list please. I don't think I've seen you give an opinion on someone that wasn't extremely wishy-washy and fence-sitty.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:52 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 489, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:

Newb towns are vi

You're very compliant in this game Scripten. It's like you're trying not to ruffle any feathers.

I got my eye on you.

You take one part of my post entirely out of context and make assumptions based on it. I'm not taking MS's defense of Zeb's play as a scumtell. Your statement comes across as you saying that I should be faking tells just to make cases on players I find scummy.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:56 am

In post 490, Scripten wrote:
In post 489, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:

Newb towns are vi

I got my eye on you.

You take one part of my post entirely out of context and make assumptions based on it. I'm not taking MS's defense of Zeb's play as a scumtell. Your statement comes across as you saying that I should be faking tells just to make cases on players I find scummy.

Your comment was a direct response to MS' answer to your question. How is that taken out of context?

You accepted that as an answer for why MS was town-reading Zeb and not scum-reading him. Even though you asked in your question
why
Zeb was newb-town and not newb-scum. I don't see how MS' response answers your question, but you accepted it.

This isn't the first time you have done this either. You did the same with Mala's response to my questioning.

It's OK, you don't need to get defensive. Yet.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:15 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 489, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:In post 432, Malakittens wrote:
Also I forgot about marvel entirely and you were town there and so was I, but I replaced in and I think you were basically conf-town by then.

You couldn't use his town play from that game to help you determine his alignment in this game?

expect for the part where you ignored where I AM trying to use his play from another game that completed less than a month before that and before xmen. I already stated that his play was different from Knight, in which he was town there.

fucking hell read my posts before you start accusing me of not trying to sort him

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:18 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 485, davesaz wrote:
In post 480, hephaestus wrote:you made a funny

What's funny (strange) is that the only thing you seem to post is funnies and comments on funnies. If you're going to replace in, at least you could play the actual game you replace into. You could be indifferent about a VT role, or you could be scum feigning indifference to a VT role. Keep it up and we might need to lynch you, if only to rule out the 2nd possibility.

*ping*

I really hate this post.

It feels like you are fishing a reaction on this one.

Like why can't he be a mason with less interest in the game. Why assume he's a VT?

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:20 am

In post 492, Malakittens wrote:
expect for the part where you ignored where I AM trying to use his play from another game that completed less than a month before that and before xmen. I already stated that his play was different from Knight, in which he was town there.

fucking hell read my posts before you start accusing me of not trying to sort him

Can you link where you said that please, I must have missed it.

I don't remember you making posts about looking into MS and then posting results from said investigation.

Also, you forgot about
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:23 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 474, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 160, Malakittens wrote:
Yeah ms has been pinging for a while.

This is the first time you scum-read MS, despite showing no previous inclination of this read even though he had apparently been 'pinging for a while', and you have yet to provide a valid explanation for this post to date.

In post 456, Malakittens wrote:
Looking at ms post everyone is quoting I think I see what you guys are seeing as scummy there.

Here is the second time. So, you still think MS is scummy and you've still done
absolutely nothing
about it.

As I said, you're just lining yourself up to be able to jump on his wagon, should it take off. You have provided no original thoughts/content on MS despite scum-reading him from (even earlier with relation to your comment). You just make generic comments and sheep other people's thoughts.

No, like I already said if I wanted to jump on his wagon I already could have, but I'm not because I'm not sold on the fact he's scum. Yes, he's playing similar to his scum meta, but also his playstyle reminds me of my own. Which I know being a chronic softclaimer is perceived as scummy.

Also, I'm not sheeping other people's thoughts.

if I wanted to I could throw back the comment that you made at me when I replaced into the game was your pre-emptive "OMG MALA CANT READ ME WELL CARD", BUT I haven't. The reason why it was so pre-emptive is because we had one completed game together and I read you on the spot correct, so where's this I can't read you well card, coming from eh? So that pre-emptive dismissal you were giving me there in the start was totally incorrect.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:26 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 404, Malakittens wrote:Also I'm watching his interactions with GM very closely, even if I don't interact with him I can probably get a read off how he interacts with others. He's not playing to the same style as he was in Knight. I'm trying to spot the meta similarities differences from past games.

Also if I wanted to jump on a wagon without being oppurnitistic I could, but I'm not seeing anyone super scummy as of yet~

In post 401, Malakittens wrote:I didn't dodge the question though. I ANSWERED IT. I don't know how to hunt him because of my default mindset in playing with him as me being scum against him all the time. I already answered it. You thought it was dodge because you don't understand it or you disagree with it.

Meta comes into this from experience. When I played with him as a SK he didn't annoy me and he was town and that was right before Xmen. Xmen I can't remember if he annoyed me. I need to go look back, but I remember him pissing me off in Xeno. We were both scum.

So yes meta.

The reason why you missed it because they were the answers that you deemed 'unsatisfactory'.

Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:27 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 491, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
Your comment was a direct response to MS' answer to your question. How is that taken out of context?

Because you took it and used it to say that it makes me look like I'm not ruffling anyone's feathers. I disagree.

In post 491, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
You accepted that as an answer for why MS was town-reading Zeb and not scum-reading him. Even though you asked in your question
why
Zeb was newb-town and not newb-scum. I don't see how MS' response answers your question, but you accepted it.

I reassessed my read on Zeb. Now that Davesaz has taken over, I'm more confident. It's null to me atm.

Mala:
() Wait a sec. There's no need for us to fish out masons. Why shouldn't we call out active lurking when it happens? I don't agree with that assessment.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:28 am

Post by Malakittens »

Ps, Knight I was an SK with Penguin_Alien as a hydra.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=44578

In case anyone is wondering also for clarification~

Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:30 am

Post by Huntress »

In post 380, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Do you see any other reasons for MS' votes? If so, please show me.

Post implies that his first vote on GM was just RVS. seemed to be sparring with Zeb. MS doesn't accuse him of being scum. And in and he was making a point to you. None of those votes seem to me to have the connotation you are giving them.

In post 433, Malakittens wrote:Why can't this just be like a newer player who just can't express themselves properly?

Compare Zeb's posts in this game with his ISO in Newbie 1531. He seemed a lot more confident there despite being unfamiliar with the site.

In post 448, nopointinactingup wrote:My vote on Huntress was a gut thing. I felt like she was mainly cruising through the game being neutral. She had no vote so I voted her to see how she would respond. She didn't really respond but I was back at arguing with BBT before I could follow up on it

I
was
voting at the time and I was also actively trying to sort people out, so why you are claiming that I wasn't doing either? I didn't respond to your empty vote because I was waiting to see where you would go with it. Which was nowhere as it happened. If you want me to respond to something, the easiest way is to ask me.

@ davesaz:
Hi! Why did you comment on before NPAU had had a chance to answer it?

In post 489, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Is there a reason you don't think me and NPAU can be scum together?

Due to your interactions, but I'm not ruling it out entirely. The cross-voting and then both moving your votes to Mala is interesting but wifomy.

Return to “Completed Open Games”