That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:27 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 393, dragonspawn wrote:
dragonspawn wrote:
In post 363, House wrote:I suppose that's possible, I found more meaning in the content of his post than the subject of it.

you are being way too friendly this game house.

fos
Looks like the Viking wagon id picking up.
As he is one of my gut scum reads at the moment in going to jump on
and see if more pressure will shake something free from him.

VOTE: viking

This is really scummy to me. You felt the need to defend your gut read instead of trying to explain why it could possibly be a gut read?
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:43 am

Post by acryon »

In post 400, Boonskiies wrote:
dragonspawn wrote:
In post 363, House wrote:I suppose that's possible, I found more meaning in the content of his post than the subject of it.

fos

This is really scummy to me. You felt the need to defend your gut read instead of trying to explain why it could possibly be a gut read?

I actually think this is a really good catch.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:30 am

Post by pisskop »

In post 301, Grib wrote:Boonskiies is just one of those people who tends to be scummy town. In every game I've played with him (where we were both town), I wanted him dead. I'm trying to work on that.

Reading back upon you, I see you answered my question.

In post 357, Jared615 wrote:Sorry if I'm being a bit lazy this game.
yes I bandwagoned TSO.
I really do need to do some more reading.

Hi are you reading? Or an alt?

In post 386, Cheetory6 wrote:What're you even trying to say here?

The coding seemed flashy; over the top even. I'm glad to see it got dropped after a couple posts.

In post 313, pisskop wrote:I get Shinobi, but why is Vikingfan getting scumread?

Hi Dragon. Did you miss this the first time?

In post 393, dragonspawn wrote:As he is one of my gut scum reads at the moment in going to jump on and see if more pressure will shake something free from him.

You're voting for pressure . . . while telling him it's pressure?

vote: dragonspawn
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:42 am

Post by Grib »

VOTE: vikingfan
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 400, Boonskiies wrote:
dragonspawn wrote:

fos

So it's scummy for me to vote for someone I've already said I think is scum?

That's a new one.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:12 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 402, pisskop wrote:the

So it's scummy for a pressure vote on a suspected scum now? Because I said it was for pressure?

You must be really pushing to vote for the people who were on the tso wagon then.

I already told you Viking was a gut call. There are plenty of reasons to vote for him at this point. My reason is trusting my instincts
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:47 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 349, vikingfan wrote:holy cow, I leave for a day and 5 new pages explode. Will take a look and post after work tomorrow, I'm sure several more pages will be up by then.

You leave for a day, you really should be expecting ten pages.

In post 351, House wrote:
In post 345, Wake1 wrote:
In post 343, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 335, Wake1 wrote:
I do have initial feelings regarding certain players, but you practically demand that I vote yet will undoubtedly scoff at the feelings behind the reasoning for said vote. You probably want me to vote in order to pick apart and attack it, which in itself is disingenuous, and further makes me want to choose my actions wisely, because I like to have solid reasoning behind each and every one of my actions in general. If I felt your intentions were honest, that you wanted to know who I'd vote for without also planning to attack it, I'd be more inclined to do so.

WTF is up with this? I don't even know what to say to this. You don't want anyone to question your vote? I wasn't planning on attacking you Wake.

TSO picked apart my vote on him twice and said he didn't like it. Cheetory didn't like the tone of some of my posts and said so. Do you see me freaking out and squeezing a stress ball in the corner? Well, if I was squeezing a stress ball you wouldn't see it but just visualize it Wake.

I'm not sure what this is all about. I want to say townie paranoia but I'm not wanting to townread this behavior or call it scummy. Maybe just null for now and keep an eye on it.

You have it completely wrong.

If I get into this game, it will create chaos. If I start to move things and stir the waters, things will happen. By nature I am a catalyst. Taking off these restraints and seeing to it that things happen in this game may cause some to not want to play with my style. It may sound self-aggrandizing to you, but it isn't, but the truth, and is both an immense strength and an immense weakness. I can be a very powerful player, but I can't really play if I turn some players off because of it.

There is no paranoia. There's only the restrained yet fearless desire to pierce through everything and everyone in order to pull out the truth. You stab at things to see how they bleed in Mafia. Some people don't like being aggressively interrogated. I'm not stressed at all. I don't want to seem to over-powering, because it's not fun having few to play with (we're not talking trolling or uncivil behavior: just being a strong-willed personality).

I can buy that, but the answer isn't to withdraw from the game. Otherwise, why play at all?

By turning into a passive participant, you're also depriving town of your abilities. When players are aware of your capabilities and not seeing it, that can come across as scum play.

@House,
having played with Wake quite a bit, do you think this is odd behavior, or out of the norm?

In post 357, Jared615 wrote:Sorry if I'm being a bit lazy this game.
yes I bandwagoned TSO.
I really do need to do some more reading.

This is worse than Viking's, IMO. self aware, excuses. Difference between you and T S O is that TSO just is lazy and doesn't give a shit who knows, but you feel the need to come in, apologize for it, and keep your town standing as someone who will (eventually) participate.

FOS: Jared

In post 369, FakedBlogger wrote:You should be more careful

I've got to say, the whole interaction between House / NJ seemed a little bit odd to me. The above quote could be a joke, but sort of strikes me otherwise. Sort of a gut feeling, there.

In post 377, House wrote:Okay, so maybe I *am* a little paranoid because that's the
only experience I have with him.

This is a false statement. We've played in multiple games together. Why are you using it to justify your vote?

In post 405, dragonspawn wrote:

So it's scummy for a pressure vote on a suspected scum now? Because I said it was for pressure?

You must be really pushing to vote for the people who were on the tso wagon then.

I already told you
Viking was a gut call. There are plenty of reasons to vote for him at this point.
My reason is trusting my instincts

Yea..... no.

VOTE: Dragon

If there are plenty of reasons to vote him, why are you calling it a gut call?
2023 W/L | 1-0
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:50 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

I find it somewhat odd that vikingfan gets a few votes and suddenly a very fast counterwagon develops on dragonspawn.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Eh, Viking's not great, either. However, his posts consist of fluffy fluff, when Dragon is using some shit reasoning for what he's trying to do.
2023 W/L | 1-0
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:54 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 402, pisskop wrote:

In post 393, dragonspawn wrote:As he is one of my gut scum reads at the moment in going to jump on and see if more pressure will shake something free from him.

You're voting for pressure . . . while telling him it's pressure?

vote: dragonspawn

This is a terrible reason for a vote.

FoS: pisskop

Boons and Aero's votes were fine.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:55 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 408, Aeronaut wrote:Eh, Viking's not great, either. However, his posts consist of fluffy fluff, when Dragon is using some shit reasoning for what he's trying to do.

Nope, vikingfan buddies Wake in his first post, then jumps on the TSO wagon by saying he's lurking, then makes a comment about how many pages there are and how he'll be back which is basically saying nothing while pretending to contribute.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:56 pm

Post by pisskop »

I already told you Viking was a gut call. There are plenty of reasons to vote for him at this point. My reason is trusting my instincts

I didn't say you can't pressure vote. Why are you telling your pressure vote that you're pressuring them?
. And I was voting TSO until just recently. Why do you think I was voting those we were on the TSO wagon?

In post 409, SilverWolf wrote:

What was bad about my reason for voting dragon?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:58 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 411, pisskop wrote:

What is scummy about placing a pressure vote and saying it's for pressure? Maybe if you explained that, I'd understand it better.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:04 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 412, SilverWolf wrote:
What is scummy about placing a pressure vote and saying it's for pressure? Maybe if you explained that, I'd understand it better.

Its hard to apply pressure if you state your explicit reason for voting is pressure. There was no questions or reasons for his vote other than 'pressure'.

Dragon also ignored or missed my question, and only began to flesh out his reason after being pressured to by Boons. His reaction to Boon's shift was marked, and as stated above he was saying he said he had plenty of reasons but was still calling it gut. It doesn't seem to add up.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:05 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 413, pisskop wrote:
In post 412, SilverWolf wrote:

Its hard to apply pressure if you state your explicit reason for voting is pressure. There was no questions or reasons for his vote other than 'pressure'.

Dragon also ignored or missed my question, and only began to flesh out his reason after being pressured to by Boons. His reaction to Boon's shift was marked, and as stated above he was saying he said he had plenty of reasons but was still calling it gut. It doesn't seem to add up.

This is better.
Pirate Ika
Pirate Ika
Mafia Scum
Pirate Ika
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:39 pm

Post by Pirate Ika »

VC 1.0
Pisskop: ABR [L-9]

FA_Q2: Cheetory6 [L-9]

Wake88: croboss [L-10]

Shinobi: FA_Q2 [L-9]

T S O: Shinobi, vikingfan, Jared615 [L-8]

acryon: Naked jogger [L-10]

ABR: elusive [L-10]

Aeronaut: House [L-9]

vikingfan: acryon, SilverWolf, dragonspawn, Grib [L-7]

Dragonspawn: Boonskiies, Pisskop, Aeronaut [L-8]

Not voting: TSO, Wake88, Klingoncelt, kitz

21 alive, 11 to lynch

(expired on 2015-02-22 00:00:00)

Mod notes: replacing croboss, posting under hydra cus im lazy, going to check prods after class
Last edited by ika on Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:55 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Back as promised ;). I find a lot of interaction, especially the buddying with SilverWolf extremely interesting and have noted it for future reference in future days. As for who I find scummy:

I'm going to note the wagon on dragonspawn first. First of all there was an attempt to elicit a reaction on my part which he simply voted on because I reacted, whereas I'm sure if I'd just ignored the whole attempt to elicit a reaction would have been found scummy too in terms of ignoring it. So that became a no-win situation because there would be a reaction of some sort, which I found interesting. I find Grib's post about being on V/LA until Tuesday in post 37 very interesting because he also noted v/la due to homework and there was zero bussing as a result of that yet my post about having real-life things as well was found scummy so I am noting the selective criteria being used for future reference. also, dragon spent a lot of posts defending silverwolf and very little on anyone else.

I find tso's defense fine for now. so UNVOTE: tso VOTE: dragonspawn

BTW, I have never played with anyone in this game so using meta is useless in my case so I'm not going to use that to try to read other people. I will say that I tend to play as much as possible exactly the same whether town or scum.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:00 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 416, vikingfan wrote:Back as promised ;). I find a lot of interaction, especially the buddying with SilverWolf extremely interesting and have noted it for future reference in future days. As for who I find scummy:

I'm going to note the wagon on dragonspawn first. First of all there was an attempt to elicit a reaction on my part which he simply voted on because I reacted, whereas I'm sure if I'd just ignored the whole attempt to elicit a reaction would have been found scummy too in terms of ignoring it. So that became a no-win situation because there would be a reaction of some sort, which I found interesting. I find Grib's post about being on V/LA until Tuesday in post 37 very interesting because he also noted v/la due to homework and there was zero bussing as a result of that yet my post about having real-life things as well was found scummy so I am noting the selective criteria being used for future reference. also, dragon spent a lot of posts defending silverwolf and very little on anyone else.

BTW, I have never played with anyone in this game so using meta is useless in my case so I'm not going to use that to try to read other people. I will say that I tend to play as much as possible exactly the same whether town or scum.

Oh for the love of all things sacred and holy in this world, can we please lynch this scum?
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:54 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 411, pisskop wrote:

I didn't say you can't pressure vote. Why are you telling your pressure vote that you're pressuring them?
. And I was voting TSO until just recently. Why do you think I was voting those we were on the TSO wagon?

considering you guys made it clear you were voting for tso to pressure him until he stopped lurking.

why wouldn't I tell someone I'm voting for someone to pressure them? I have nothing to hide.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:07 pm

Post by elusive »

Wait so Wake you're saying you're basically extremely aggressive and hurt people's feelings and stuff and that's why you're being all mysterious and bringing in silly "scarcity" discussion into mafia theory and why votes (or not voting) are important? Oh boy. So are you Rampage on steroids in your natural element or is this something totally different?
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:11 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

@Ika-mod-pirate-thing

Unvote: Aeronaut

VOTE: Dragon

Haha.

double check VC i had you moved....

~ika
Last edited by ika on Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:12 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 419, elusive wrote:Wait so Wake you're saying you're basically extremely aggressive and hurt people's feelings and stuff and that's why you're being all mysterious and bringing in silly "scarcity" discussion into mafia theory and why votes (or not voting) are important? Oh boy. So are you Rampage on steroids in your natural element or is this something totally different?

:neutral:

No and no.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:32 pm

Post by vikingfan »

In post 417, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 416, vikingfan wrote:Back as promised ;). I find a lot of interaction, especially the buddying with SilverWolf extremely interesting and have noted it for future reference in future days. As for who I find scummy:

Oh for the love of all things sacred and holy in this world, can we please lynch this scum?

Your comment to influence the town with no other comment is noted.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:35 pm

Post by Shinobi »

@Cheetory: I'm not sure. I feel like I'd like a bit more out of him because his current lack of activity bothers me, and the way he consulted his wagon was pretty much exactly how I would handle it if I were scum. Someone of his townreads seemed very empty. I don't feel particularly satisfied by what I've received, especially since I know he's going to read me as town either way because I know that he knows it sates me.

The only other person I would consider switching to would be acryon, for his #401. It felt like mafia trying to egg on bad analysis, especially since he didn't really seem to follow it up with anything.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:37 pm

Post by Shinobi »

VOTE: acryon

I think I'm just going to switch. I haven't forgotten about TSO but his filter is better than acryon's.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”