Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Mini 1687: Refraction Mafia DEAD THREAD / AFTER PARTY

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:21 am

Post by Aeronaut »

Hi! If you're here, you're dead, unfortunately. But hey, it's not all bad. We can make fun of the other players and partay here for the rest of the game!

Partygoers:

Aeronaut
Titus
BlueBloodedToffee
Plotninus
RadiantCowbells
Persivul
Tere
Zoronos
Fro99er
Bellaphant

Roles:

Spoiler:
Thor665
- 1 Ultraviolet Mafia Vanilla Cop
Shinobi
- 1 Ultraviolet Mafia 1-shot Bulletproof

BlueBloodedToffee
- 1 Infrared Mafia Neighborizer
Bellaphant
- 1 Infrared Mafia 1-shot Bulletproof

Plotinus
- Town 2-Shot Bodyguard
Persivul
- Jack of All Trades (Rolecop x1, Vanilla Cop x1, Gunsmith x1)
Fro99er
- Mason
texcat
- Mason
RadiantCowbells
- VT
toolenduso
- VT
Titus
- VT
Zoronos
- VT
Lapsa
- VT
Last edited by Aeronaut on Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:38 am, edited 23 times in total.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:46 am

Post by Aeronaut »

This game is about to go into almost-deadline anarchy. The problem with town right now is that the people who would normally be providing the leadership are scum.

The fact that people are like giving full post analysys by each page this close to deadline is kind of rediculous, IMO. Like I know that that's good to do when you replaced in, but at that rate it's gonna take way too long and be not so raven.

The real funny thing is that if tool is lynched instead of Thor, then it might be days before the whole multi ball thing is made public. In that scenario as scum I might be inclined to claim Vig, but idk really.

Game I feel is going well, though. Had to replace some people but everyone for the most part is being nice and active, and nobody has started any pointless flame wars which is really, really great. Had to deal with that in my last modded game and it was not fun indeed. I'm really enjoying the idea of two factions, though. It makes for some real cool battles (such as with BBT and Thor), even though they might not be quite aware of each other being scum quite yet.

Either way, I'm enjoying this. Titus is going to be joining in as a replacement tomorrow night, so things are going to get hella interesting.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:46 am

Post by Aeronaut »

(He says to himself)
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:53 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6989474#p6989474]post 997[/url], Fro99er wrote:
In post 992, Persivul wrote:Frogger, I caught you in a blatant contradiction and noted it.

It's not a fucking contradiction, but I can't talk about it further. How's that for you?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:02 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 1070, Plotinus wrote:bbt, what do you think are the chances that persivul and thor are scum together, given the way they’ve been fighting all game. i’m rereading some of their argument and it still feels like impenetrable semantics to me.

Interesting theory... wrong, but interesting.

So close
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:54 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 1096, Zoronos wrote:Frogger, I missed whatever happened this morning, but it looks like you're freaking out and half the thread is going insane. I need you to calm down and work with me here.

To be fair, this is what always happens at deadline. It's the reason you DON'T wait till deadline. Because now the game has fallen into anarchy. Literally anyone could get lynched right now because a town lynch is better than no lynch.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:03 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Tere wrote:I got to the end of the thread about 10 minutes after the hammer!

Can I has cookie? <3

Also you should publicise my heroic reading effort in the deadthread *nodnod*
2023 W/L | 1-0
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:18 pm

Post by Titus »

Thor's claim was shit. Shoulda stuck with my gut. Yet, town always acts so stupid they can't be town when I get a town PM.

Shinobi was scum. That pile on by him was shit.

Frogger did have a buddy, so I'm not surprised by the false positive there.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 82, Fro99er wrote:I wouldn't mind if you came right out the gate and bussed the shit out of me for pushing that Titus mislynch. Then we see who hops on the wagon with you and lynch scum!

This is also a pretty terrible idea.

from the Mason PT just now.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:50 am

Post by Aeronaut »

This is currently what's happening for actions tonight.

Plotinus wrote:Protecting Thor665 tonight!

was going to protect frogger because i thought he was softing something but thor as claimed cop takes precedence.

In post 21, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Bolding some actions in case we somehow forget:

BBT kills Thor.

BBT neighbourizes Fro99er.

So it looks like Plot is gonna die tonight. Sadface.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:11 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Welcome BBT and Plotinus!
2023 W/L | 1-0
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:24 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Yay baby’s firest nightkill! *flaps hands*

Hiiiiiiii Titus I’m not really mad at you because of my role I was dead anyway the moment Thor claimed, and I couldn’t tell if you were town gambitting or scum fakeclaiming because House fakeclaimed doc in my first game and then Narninian faked a guilty on me in WDPT that I didn’t react to because I was so dumb back then I didn’t understand what was going on and that made me look really bad so I learned that if I have a role pm related reason for knowing someone is guilty then I have to react right away, I had to take you with me if you were scum fakeclaiming since I was dead anyway due to my role. You were right about Thor though, I’m sorry.

Also I heard that you are dealing with some lifesuck right now. My sympathy; I am also dealing with lifesuck.

It is really funny that Shinobi and Chthulu were the same colour in my head and they were both scum. My typing was not very communicative that day but I was onto something! And I knew that Thor’s ISO was full of scum theatre! Thor and BBT! Ha!

Hiiiiiiiiii BBT! You handled me very well. I appreciate it.

@Mod
I want to have a private conversation with Frogger in which I appologise for my stupid meltdown at him earlier in the thread and explain what all is going on with me offline. The conversation would be 99% about offline stuff that has nothing to do with the game, but the context for the conversation would be “and that’s why I completely overreacted to you in the game, sorry.” Is this the kind of conversation that needs to wait until Frogger is also in the dead thread or can I have it with him now?
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:25 pm

Post by Plotinus »

*for knowing someone is lying.

it’s too early in the morning to be typing.

Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:27 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 11, Plotinus wrote:
@Mod
I want to have a private conversation with Frogger in which I appologise for my stupid meltdown at him earlier in the thread and explain what all is going on with me offline. The conversation would be 99% about offline stuff that has nothing to do with the game, but the context for the conversation would be “and that’s why I completely overreacted to you in the game, sorry.” Is this the kind of conversation that needs to wait until Frogger is also in the dead thread or can I have it with him now?

Hm... I'd rather you wait until he's dead I think. I trust you both not to have any shenanigans, but I'd be more comfortable if you just waited till then especially considering some of the close calls this game has had with that sort of thing.

Is that alright?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:28 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Also this is my first time running a multiball game, but it's honestly so cool to watch. Thor is in a really good position as of now.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:29 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Also also, I've updated the Night Actions Spreadsheet to include all N2 Actions and results. Does that open for you guys?
Last edited by Aeronaut on Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:32 pm

Post by Plotinus »

also I don’t have enough ongoing games right now. i spent the nightphase doing the +- thing for A GAME I’M NOT EVEN IN WTF because I knew I was getting nightkilled here.

pedit: That’s fine, I’m glad I asked. I’ll wait then. he’s obvtown enough that he’ll get nightkilled soon enough anyway if his reads are right.

I want to have a similar-but-different conversation with Bella but I will definitely wait on that too.

pedit: no.

You need permission

Want in? Ask the owner for access, or switch to an account with permission. Learn more

You are signed in as [email]

Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:34 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Feeling like people will catch on to the multiball once they see "Infrared Mafia"

P-edit OMG SAME! This game went into night right around when my Zed's Tavern did, and I literally sat here refreshing the page waiting for people to post in the QTs. It was soooo booooring.

I do try to limit myself to one at a time, though. It really helps my game, I think. I always end up signing up for more, though.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:36 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Try the spreadsheet now
2023 W/L | 1-0
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:49 pm

Post by Plotinus »

I was thinking of replacing into the game I was doing the +- thing for. i didn’t just pick a random game. but a game i signed up for back a long time ago if finally going to start soon so I might not replace in there afterall. or not yet.

My limit is about 3 games. my playstyle takes forever. if i’m in only 1 game I get too invested. At the end of We Didn’t Playtest This it was really hard because for a while it was my only ongoing game and I’d been pretty heavily scumread for reasons I didnt understand for months and people were stonewalling me, no matter what I did or said or how ridiculously obvtown I was, it didn’t matter, and I had no idea how well I was doing — from everyone’s reactions, it seemed like i was doing poorly and i did literally everything I could think of to figure the game out (including rereading a 277 page thread and liveblogging my reread of it) and it was just Plotinus is scum because gut. and Plotinus is scum because Plotinus is scummy. and "you’re just scum that has efforted". and towards the end of it everyone else was mostly prodging instead of interacting with me and for a few weeks I couldn’t even look at the game thread without crying so I fixed the “I can’t handle WDPT being my only ongoing game” problem by signing up here and replacing in somewhere else.

This game was nice even though I had trouble getting into it and getting reads. I felt like I was really lacklustre for a while at the start and it was frustrating because I wasn’t doing it on purpose and the people griping about my meta were right that it was out of character for me. I think I like replacing in better than starting; I can get off to a stronger start.

pedit: spreadsheet works!

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:56 pm

Post by Plotinus »

In post 1510, Fro99er wrote:VOTE: Zoronos

In post 1511, Fro99er wrote:CB is also a good candidate to vote.

Plots numbers are great.

argh frogger. at least explain your reasoning so i can figure out where you’re getting that. (though now that i’m spoilered i have no idea how i’d be interpretting my numbers. they were incomplete so i’d probably be working on completing them. oh wait i think i see it, bbt was snuggling up to Zor, that’s true. but like there’s another interpretation available to you that you’re not seeing.)

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:04 pm

Post by Plotinus »

BBT did you read the giant wall i wrote at frogger or were you telling the truth about the eyes glaze over because you started behaving differently towards me after that wall and i was at the time assuming it was because you noticed the crumb i buried in the giant wall because ever after that you had me as null scum but you weren’t interested in pursuing me that Day which seemed like code for “Plotinus is a PR and i’m keeping their secret”. though in hindsight it could easily have been “I don’t want plotinus to have an incomprehensible meltdown at me too” :P

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:20 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Hey guys, fuck! I think I messed up by doing the kill, I was under much less suspicion than Bella. Aero, who did the other scum team kill? It's early and I'm obviously missing something super obvious because I can't work out what happened N1.

Hey Plot, I knew you were PR, I was planning on killing you N1 :) I genuinely thought Thor was scum right up until his claim as well. I'm a sucker for people claiming PRs.

Man, I thought we were doing well there.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:26 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

I also think this is Thor's last day. Once he doesn't get killed N2 he should be lynched D3.

Myself and Bella thought Shin was scum as well, I hope she follows through with it.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:29 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Shinobi killed you, BBT

Return to “Completed Game Topics”