Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6900 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:20 am

Post by Perpetual Nonsense »

In post 6897, Kamigami wrote:AJ confessed, bert.

He screwed up; I knew I wasn't lynched, but that was my last ditch effort to save the game.

Yes, it's anticlimactic, but he acknowledged himself that ns's vote wasn't counted.

wow. holy crap scum miller
so all this fluff kaga stuff was all for naught

nah I voted, Gaiden got my message before my vote and didn't have any preference which way OUR vote went (Kaga or NL).
We of the Collective are of one mind.
There is no Bert. There is no Gaiden.
There is only Us
Kamigami
Kamigami
Goon
Kamigami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6901 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:23 am

Post by Kamigami »

It just means that we were all right, and I feel justified in primarily focusing on making an argument for town-me.

I admitted to having a weak case on Fluff, but yeah, scum miller.

I feel slightly vindicated in that I told WoF it was plot and AJ back when we had the final message exchange, and have been substantially understating my AJ scumread. That said, if I suddenly gained a quad-vote, I'd prob have lynched fluff anyway.
Kamigami
Kamigami
Goon
Kamigami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6902 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:23 am

Post by Kamigami »

I do think nacho should still have been more exploratory. There was really no reason to harass only me.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6903 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:24 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

I mean, Notty hadn't posted in 37 days on Fluff so I feel a bit robbed. At the same time, winning this game had me conflicted in many ways.
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6904 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:24 am

this will long be remembered in the annals of mafiascum history
There is only Us
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6905 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:26 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

VOTE: Aj The Epic

No reason to delay this now.
Kamigami
Kamigami
Goon
Kamigami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6906 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:26 am

Post by Kamigami »

I think my biggest with scum miller here, outside of the fact that I detest GFs and consider them an abomination of game design, is that the scum-team was already immune to rolecops. Not only does the GF make the three available rolecop shots negative utility, the fact that the rest of the scumteam is already rolecop immune makes it very hard to justify scum miller speculation outside of extremely scummy behavior.
Kamigami
Kamigami
Goon
Kamigami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6907 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:27 am

Post by Kamigami »

issue*
Kamigami
Kamigami
Goon
Kamigami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6908 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:29 am

Post by Kamigami »

In post 6903, Aj The Epic wrote:winning this game had me conflicted in many ways.

When a triggered godfather wins, nobody feels like they won.
Kamigami
Kamigami
Goon
Kamigami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6909 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:30 am

Post by Kamigami »

btw, I'm curious about your role. Spoilers? Was there actually a wager?
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6910 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:31 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

But yeah, I saw 2 votes and figured that if PN could be persuaded off of Kami, that was basically the end for me. I spent a lot of time trying to maneuver these last few days into a situation where I had a chance to win and think it worked fairly well, considering we had two scum left with only one towny ever being lynched (lover of Wisdom) when I started this crusade.

Echo's objective when he left was for me to get one townie lynch so you guys couldn't have a perfect game.

Pre-edit: I actually discussed the scum miller to myself in the PT after plot died. Yeah, the odds of that specific scenario being played out was very low and incredibly powerful. But it was because I misplayed so hard that it worked. At the same time that Scum Miller or GF are somewhat unbalancing, from our perspective so is a cop... I think that if a scum miller was more common, it would invalidate investigative consistency of a role cop, but the same risk is always in place with godfathers.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6911 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:33 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

The wager percentages where all the same. The only difference was my cop wager was actually a time machine (Leave the town for a day and night phase). I had been rolling for it and never got it. It didn't matter late into the game since I couldn't use it without basically a suicide (no scum left, by definition a town win) but it would've been super helpful to have in my back pocket earlier. And I seriously never rolled a single item, though I did try for both a watcher and mod message once.
Kamigami
Kamigami
Goon
Kamigami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6912 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:36 am

Post by Kamigami »

The problem with godfathers is that outside of extremely suspicious play, it's never objectively correct to lynch an innocent.

That's even worse with a scum miller, because the objectively correct play for a town rolecop is to check a miller claim, so a properly played scum miller claims in post 1 and is guaranteed to trigger in the presence of a town rolecop.

I suspect you and your predecessor failed to claim for fear of being vigged, but the reality is that it's pretty unlikely you'll be policy vigged, and the benefits of being rolecopped are game-winning.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6913 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:39 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Technically, I think just because of my role, town and scum had equal-ish power. Almost all of our roles had some insane negative utility. Wiz a lover and his role element-afflicted. Echo's had a 2 shot cop and a movie vendor. Pisskop had a strongman (1) and something else. Idk what brantz had. Traitor (who I, d1, thought was aneninen and that's why I pushed that so hard) and gambler. Town had a vig so we did have some counter to it but obviously never saw it used.

Pre-edit: Actually, if the consent is given to release the scum PT, Wiz/Echo were begging me to claim Miller. It was my first scum game back and I was incredibly confident that would just result in me getting killed since I play horridly in large games.
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6914 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:41 am

WE just agreed that WE still want Kamigami lynched tomorrow despite the confession.
There is only Us
Kamigami
Kamigami
Goon
Kamigami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6915 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:43 am

Post by Kamigami »

Town's power in part depends on whether anen could trigger deaths more than once.

If so, then we were crazy powerful. If not, then we were still pretty powerful, provided kling used her vig shots.

Both anen and kling were afraid of using shots because they don't like killing town, which is what's most likely to happen. What they failed to realize is that if you cause a death on someone scummy, and especially if you hit scum, you get tons of town-cred. Enough that they wouldn't have been lynched over plot-slot.
Kamigami
Kamigami
Goon
Kamigami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6916 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:43 am

Post by Kamigami »

:<
Kamigami
Kamigami
Goon
Kamigami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6917 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:44 am

Post by Kamigami »

Props to ns, btw. Very good reads throughout.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #6918 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:58 am

Post by fferyllt »

VC 10.3
The dizzying, disorienting spiral path finally leads you to the bottom, and a floor with an unusual pattern.

Aj The Epicl
(3): Kamigami, Perpetual Nonsense, Aj The Epic
Kamigami
(1): Fluff Central

Not Voting
(9):
None

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Deadline: December 30, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2015-12-30 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

:]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #6919 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:35 am

Post by fferyllt »

Day 10 Draws to an End

You stare down at the polished stone floor of the well. And then, you look into the faces of your companions, the ones who remain, who didn't leave. No one speaks, but under your gaze one of your companions looks almost distressed, or torn. He reaches into his pocket and looks at his card. Then he shrugs and hands the card to you.

"I'm meant to be here, I know that. But something's not right. Maybe it's the time."

Surprised, you let the card flutter to the floor, before you can even look at it.

It is the Five of Swords.

The card displays some sort of game. A man in a fine top hat and brilliant red coat collects swords from other players. He appears to have won. The other players look displeased with the result. When a game is over, all the peices are put away and the players move on to other pastimes. Usually. Some are obsessed, whether with winning or losing and go to great lengths to win back what has been taken from them.

Ultimately, victory may cost more than it's worth.

The Flip:

Spoiler:

Aj The Epic was a
Mafia Wagering Miller

You turn to the tunnel that connects this well to the network of caves and grottos of Quinta da Regaleira. This journey you have embarked upon has only begun.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #6920 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:40 am

Post by fferyllt »

Thread reopened.

It will take me a little while to make all the PTs public.

First, up though, I want to apologize to you about what turned out to be a game deciding vote count. I discussed the game situation in depth with Bork and also with GiF last night and this morning, and they both concluded that town should win. I was leaning (and probably still lean) more toward calling it a draw, but I know that draws are not really satisfactory to anyone.

Due to the complexity of the roles, interactions and mechanics in this game, I have struggled all along to not impact the outcome of the game when answering questions and hypotheticals. In the end, I feel that I had a very direct impact on the outcome simply out of inattention to detail - the penultimate vote count.

Idic
Kamigami
Kamigami
Goon
Kamigami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6921 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:52 am

Post by Kamigami »

Thanks for modding.

As a minor note, while I enjoyed the flavor and am happy you spent so much time on it, it would have been nice if there was a separate flavor-account posting it. I had a hard time reviewing VCs at times.
Kamigami
Kamigami
Goon
Kamigami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6922 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:53 am

Post by Kamigami »

<- excited to see role PMs, btw
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6923 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:53 am

Post by pisskop »

oh hey. Its never easy in lylo.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6924 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:57 am

Post by Plotinus »

congrats town, good game
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”