Open 638: Friends and Enemies! (And Enemies!) - GAME OVER!

Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2016 7:39 pm

Post by Kasumeat »

In post 74, Javajoe24 wrote:
In post 69, Kasumeat wrote:
In post 68, Javajoe24 wrote:My meta is odd. I am read as scum when I am town, and town when I am scum. Every. Single. Game.
So in others words, you're town who is going to play scummy, or you're scum?
Not scum, and not playing scummy intentionally, but stuff happens and I am a lot less careful what I say as town so I come off as more scummy.
Right now you're practically arguing for a policy lynch against yourself, saying you're either a scummy town player or scum. It's nullish for me, since you could either be a town saying "please don't lynch me for my dumb posts I often make such as the one I am currently making" or you could be scum trying to cover your ass too. Either way it's really dumb and anti-town.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2016 7:47 pm

Post by Ranger »

{randomidget}
{Creature, Kop}
{Charloux, karnos, Kuroi}
{Killthestory}
{BTD6, Masquerade, Kasumeat, Javajoe}
Two.
VOTE: Masquerade.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2016 7:49 pm

Post by Ranger »

...Apparently I am very good at getting reads because a null read on the
is about as appropriate as you can get.

*facepalm*
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2016 7:51 pm

Post by Ranger »

{randomidget}
{Creature, Kop}
{Javajoe}
{Charloux, karnos}
{Killthestory}
{BTD6, Masquerade, Kasumeat}
Three.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2016 8:21 pm

Post by BTD6_maker »

I don't get where any of your reads are coming from. Do you actually have strong reads yet or are even the bottom ones weak?
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2016 10:47 pm

Post by Randomnamechange »

Ranger wrote:{randomidget}
{Creature, Kop}
{Javajoe}
{Charloux, karnos}
{Killthestory}
{BTD6, Masquerade, Kasumeat}
Three.
Agree with you mostly here, not sure where the btd6 scumread is coming from here. Haven't noticed the townreads particularly, so I'll ISO thrm, but javajoe is looking town so far.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2016 11:32 pm

Post by karnos »

In post 70, Killthestory wrote:so basically random wants to policy me because im annoying and pretentious? did you forget how great my reads were?

also, Karnos, Random wasn't spreading false information, someone unvoted before they said that and claimed they didn't like the L-1.
If that person unvoted from L-1, you would be at L-2. You are not, because you never were at L-1. Random was voting for himself, so when he changed votes to you, he removed a lynch vote from himself. Your vote put him at L-2, and then the person said he didn't like random at L-1 and switched, putting him at L-3.

That said this whole subthread is a waste of time because I don't really think it was intentional, however I feel the need to correct you since you are now implying that I am spreading misinformation when I was not.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2016 11:40 pm

Post by karnos »

In post 57, Masquerade wrote:
In post 43, karnos wrote:
In post 36, Kasumeat wrote:Ah OK that makes sense. I can see why the reads on KTS and Karnos.
I'll happily change my vote to KTS if that helps. I just don't want to be the jerk that pushes a lynch onto a nice townie on day 1, and I am not yet confident that KTS is scum.
Do you believe anyone on the Kts-wagon legit scumreads him?

KTS is one of the players I have seen before. If he wasn't, I would absolutely be scum reading him, but I know from the prior game that his town play just likes a bit scummy. That doesn't actually rule out him being scum, though, and right now I have no other real leads. I would probably be voting him if he wasn't already shouldering several votes.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2016 11:45 pm

Post by Charloux »

Well we have to use somebody to get out of RVS and it's NAI that nobody wants to be the scapegoat.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 2:12 am

Post by Masquerade »

@Random: Does pretentious and annoying mean Kts is scum then? Because in my experience he's like that as town and I haven't seen him as scum yet. For me Kts is still a nulltownread, I like how he's pushing to get us out of RVS but I've seen scum do that too.

@Ranger: Mind explaining how Random came to be a top townread for you? Because I don't see it. I don't think Random is scum rn and his wagon is not one I want to pursue because I know Random a little bit and a long time ago he was misslynched because he had responded scummy to his RVS-wagon. I think you may have Random as toptown because of the wagon, and in singleball I'd agree. But this is 12 players with 4 scum so that makes the odds of a RVS-wagon on scum quite a bit higher. I mean, in a game with 13p and 3 scum on 1 team it will be a lot harder to get such a wagon going on scum.
In post 82, karnos wrote:KTS is one of the players I have seen before. If he wasn't, I would absolutely be scum reading him, but I know from the prior game that his town play just likes a bit scummy. That doesn't actually rule out him being scum, though, and right now I have no other real leads. I would probably be voting him if he wasn't already shouldering several votes.
Kts has 2 votes, I'd understand being careful for a derphammer but the wagon isn't even close to hammer. Seems like you're being overly careful. What exactly is the 'lead' you have on Kts? What do you think is scummy about his play so far that warrants a maybe-vote?
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 5:01 am

Post by karnos »

In post 84, Masquerade wrote: Kts has 2 votes, I'd understand being careful for a derphammer but the wagon isn't even close to hammer. Seems like you're being overly careful. What exactly is the 'lead' you have on Kts? What do you think is scummy about his play so far that warrants a maybe-vote?
Mostly his early posts, for example #21 doesn't really serve much benefit, it just makes people less likely to post. Don't get me wrong, it's not a strong scum read of any sort, it's just the most I have seen so far this game. I personally think that reads on day 1 are unlikely to be accurate except through dumb luck anyway.

I guess it doesn't hurt to back up my thinking with an actual vote.
UNVOTE: dr dolittle
VOTE: Killthestory
Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 5:39 am

Post by Kasumeat »

I'm also suspicious of KTS right now for the same reasons, but that readlist by Ranger with the Moderator in it is super sketchy. I've never that specific slip before, but it smacks of "I'm not really thinking about these reads, I'm constructing them" which is scummy as fuck. Every time I've seen players give reads on dead players, it's been a scumslip.

VOTE: Ranger
Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 5:49 am

Post by Kasumeat »

EBWOP: never SEEN that slip before
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 6:13 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 84, Masquerade wrote:@Random: Does pretentious and annoying mean Kts is scum then? Because in my experience he's like that as town and I haven't seen him as scum yet. For me Kts is still a nulltownread, I like how he's pushing to get us out of RVS but I've seen scum do that too.

@Ranger: Mind explaining how Random came to be a top townread for you? Because I don't see it. I don't think Random is scum rn and his wagon is not one I want to pursue because I know Random a little bit and a long time ago he was misslynched because he had responded scummy to his RVS-wagon. I think you may have Random as toptown because of the wagon, and in singleball I'd agree. But this is 12 players with 4 scum so that makes the odds of a RVS-wagon on scum quite a bit higher. I mean, in a game with 13p and 3 scum on 1 team it will be a lot harder to get such a wagon going on scum.
In post 82, karnos wrote:KTS is one of the players I have seen before. If he wasn't, I would absolutely be scum reading him, but I know from the prior game that his town play just likes a bit scummy. That doesn't actually rule out him being scum, though, and right now I have no other real leads. I would probably be voting him if he wasn't already shouldering several votes.
Kts has 2 votes, I'd understand being careful for a derphammer but the wagon isn't even close to hammer. Seems like you're being overly careful. What exactly is the 'lead' you have on Kts? What do you think is scummy about his play so far that warrants a maybe-vote?
No. The OMGUS and general conduct made him scummy. The RVS vote was because he was annoying and pretentious.
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 7:19 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

In post 86, Kasumeat wrote:I'm also suspicious of KTS right now for the same reasons, but that readlist by Ranger with the Moderator in it is super sketchy. I've never that specific slip before, but it smacks of "I'm not really thinking about these reads, I'm constructing them" which is scummy as fuck. Every time I've seen players give reads on dead players, it's been a scumslip.

I personally find it more like a confused Town. I know this because in my last game (Newbie 1700) I actually said that a dead player (Karnos) should claim. Needless to say, I was quite confused but it didn't matter as a Cop claim by someone else actually won us the game.
Javajoe24
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 8:04 am

Post by Javajoe24 »

But ranger is doing these reads by page I am thinking, and mod posts are colored, so I fail to see how an experienced player like ranger might get confused as town. Seems more like he is just making the list without much thought to it which is very scummy to me.

VOTE: ranger
Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 8:04 am

Post by Kasumeat »

In post 89, BTD6_maker wrote:
In post 86, Kasumeat wrote:I'm also suspicious of KTS right now for the same reasons, but that readlist by Ranger with the Moderator in it is super sketchy. I've never that specific slip before, but it smacks of "I'm not really thinking about these reads, I'm constructing them" which is scummy as fuck. Every time I've seen players give reads on dead players, it's been a scumslip.

I personally find it more like a confused Town. I know this because in my last game (Newbie 1700) I actually said that a dead player (Karnos) should claim. Needless to say, I was quite confused but it didn't matter as a Cop claim by someone else actually won us the game.
Scum are way more likely to make that mistake about a moderator though. Think about the process one goes through when making a reads list. If you're town, you know nothing, so you have to look at each player and actually spend some time thinking about what they've said and come to a conclusion. When you have to think about each player, you're extremely unlikely to make that mistake.

If you're scum however, you post a read list with a goal in mind. You're not thinking about who's scum and who isn't. You don't have to take a good look at every poster, you're just focused on the town posters who you want to implicate and your buddies you want to bus or protect. Putting a mod on your reads list is a much easier mistake to make in this case.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 8:08 am

Post by Masquerade »

In post 88, Randomnamechange wrote:No. The OMGUS and general conduct made him scummy. The RVS vote was because he was annoying and pretentious.
Oh shoot I just realized a miscommunication.
With at first I meant why you voted him that time because later you said (and I'm paraphrazing here) that something reaffirmed your vote on Kts. I didn't mean your first vote on him this game but I can see how my question was probably confusing.
But you answered the question I was trying to ask in this post. But I didn't see any OMGUS. What I saw was someone that saw a wagon was growing on someone else and Kts was just making it go faster. Also the way Kts is acting is kinda what I'm used from him, and I've only seen him as town so far iirc.
Random, have you played many games with Kts? If you guys are not that familiar it makes more sense for me that you'd scumread him so soon.

You know what. I didn't even think it through earlier but what Kasumeat just brought up is a good point. Ranger, obviously you didn't read Kuroi because otherwise you'd have seen he was making mod-posts. How does he end up in your readslist? Because I'm having a really hard time coming up with explanations to that myself, besides you using the drop-down menu and just place the names you see there anywhere without thinking.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 8:09 am

Post by Creature »

I am thinking Ranger did this intentionally.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 8:13 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

I'll have the new vote count on the new page top unless someone requests it sooner, but that's like, five posts.

BTW, lol at the vote at me.
Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 8:15 am

Post by Kasumeat »

In post 93, Creature wrote:I am thinking Ranger did this intentionally.
Uh, what?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 8:16 am

Post by Creature »

In post 95, Kasumeat wrote:
In post 93, Creature wrote:I am thinking Ranger did this intentionally.
Uh, what?
The read on the moderator.
Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 8:17 am

Post by Kasumeat »

Please explain, because that doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 8:19 am

Post by Creature »

Do you at least know what post I am talking about?
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 8:20 am

Post by Masquerade »

Then why would she point it out herself?

Return to “Completed Open Games”