New York 195: Adventure Mafia - Game over!

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4250 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:48 pm

Post by Titus »

All of us. That way everyone can make up their minds. If only town want nightskip, cannot be public. Lol.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4251 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:02 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 4247, cytheflyguy wrote:All of us PM the mod or just one of us?

And sure, tho I think it's kinda unfair for scum, but might as well end it sooner I guess xD
It's really not. If there's only one left, they'd have no one to talk to. Once they decide who to NK, there's no point in waiting. I once suggested early day starts for like the last 3 or 4 nights as SK in an open setup with no mafia left. So they should have no problem with it.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4252 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Will resolve the flip in a bit, much apologies for the delay
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #4253 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:04 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Votecount 6.1

Deadvlei in Namibia!
MagnaOfIllusion (4) - zakk, Titus, Egg, cytheflyguy

Not voting (2) - Creature, MagnaOfIllusion

With 6 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch someone.

(expired on 2016-07-29 21:28:00) remain until day end.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #4254 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:06 pm

Post by SirCakez »

MagnaOfIllusion,
Mafia Neighbor,
was lynched day 6!

Night 6 begins! It will end in 48 hours from this post, or if all living players PM voting for a nightskip. You don't need to PM me again if you already did.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #4255 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:38 pm

Post by SirCakez »

cytheflyguy,
Vanilla Townie,
was killed Night 6!

Day 7 begins!
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #4256 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:40 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Votecount 7.0

Lake Natron in Tanzania!

Not voting (4) - Creature, zakk, Titus, Egg

With 4 alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch someone.

(expired on 2016-08-01 21:41:00) remain until day end.
Last edited by SirCakez on Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4257 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:25 pm

Post by zakk »

muahahahaaaaa yesssss
creature lived

1. no lynching would probably be useless. creature is pretty much conf town, thus would probably die

2. creature, pls speculate why cy died instead of you? could be titus trying to prove her claim, could be to try to make it look that way.

3. also, anything you can find in magna's posts in the hood about egg and/or titus?
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4258 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:26 pm

Post by zakk »

Also which of you voted for no night skip?
permanently retired

see here for more info
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4259 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:44 pm

Post by Titus »

I voted for nightskip.

Pretty sure it's Egg or you just mechanically. I am not buying two scum in the hood. I'm clear to me if not everyone.

The Matt town and scumread of Egg seems pretty damning as a traitor reach out.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4260 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:47 pm

Post by zakk »

In post 625, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 614, Titus wrote:Hey magna, You should totally join me on Cy.
I might. Currently I’m wrestling with the concern that his join date means overwhelmed Newbie as opposed to brazen scumbag. At this stage I think his wagon is better than Ircher’s but I’d prefer Brawl or Kill at the moment. Give me a couple days to keep grinding.
In post 616, TehBrawlGuy wrote:I'm not going to go back through 4 years of games on my homesite to link you.
Then why bother making empty statements like “I do it as scum” if you can’t show that to be true?
Doesn't seem like a scumbuddy interaction
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4261 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:55 pm

Post by zakk »

In post 4259, Titus wrote:I voted for nightskip.

Pretty sure it's Egg or you just mechanically. I am not buying two scum in the hood. I'm clear to me if not everyone.

The Matt town and scumread of Egg seems pretty damning as a traitor reach out.
What do you mean by the last paragraph
permanently retired

see here for more info
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4262 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:01 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3311, projectmatt wrote:Short version of that wall:

Town:
Titus, Zakk, Nahdia, Lowell, Ircher, Egg, Magna, Shotty

Scum:
Nosferatu, Egg, Shaziro, Liger (?)

I'm not gonna bother with the vig exercise right now.

Vote: Nosferatu
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4263 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Post by zakk »

Ehhhh was egg on the wagon tho? That seems like a "gimme" for you to latch onto if scum

I'll look into Matt more tho
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4264 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by zakk »

In post 1226, projectmatt wrote:Okay. Here's some stuff.

I still think
Ircher
is town - and I've expanded on the reason why many, many times so I'm not going to explain it again.

I initially voted
SethYazura
because some of his posts - in particular, post #182 that had phrases like "my fellow town" and post #378 came off as very forced/awkward, and the way that he speaks is absurdly ...not something that comes off as natural. However, my scumread on him has also weakened slightly. This is because I recently realized that he's also new to the game - and while being new does not excuse scummy play, it does kind of excuse some of his stuff coming off as forced/weird. I know that I was the same way when I first started playing, so I'm not sure if I can really, honestly say that I scumread Seth for valid reasoning. Because of that, I'm going to
UNVOTE
him.

My inital scumread on
TehBrawlGuy
has turned into a town read, especially in light of posts like #1178. He had an awkward opening to this game that I called him out on, but it seems like he's found his voice - and his analysis, aggression, and general demeanor come off as town to me. He also handled the pressure on him tremendously well.

I think
Shotty
may be town. At first, I read his play as nonsensical and silly - but as this game goes on further, I'm understanding the kind of playstyle that he's going for. In particular, it seems like his play is based heavily on this idea of putting a lot of pressure on certain people, and basically dialoguing with people "in the moment" to get reads. That playstyle itself isn't inherently town - I really dislike his tunnel on Ircher. However, his actions do make sense coming from a town perspective. In particular, his recent unvote on Ircher to a frustrated revote almost immediately after came off as sincere to me, and generally more spontaneous than most scum like to try.

I dislike the
Copper
wagon, primarily because the reasoning behind it that I can see is very, very silly. I don't think that Copper has particularly scumtold, and a lot of his questioning/attempts at scumhunting come off as sincere. I can list specific examples if needed, but I'm too lazy to get them without prompting.

I hate
Nadhia's
tunnel on Ircher. Like, it sucks. It reeks of trying to come off as way too confident when the substance behind the read is really small. In particular, I dislike her trying to paint Ircher's point system as somehow scummy. At the very worst, that's a completely null tell. On the other hand though, we actually sort of hiveminded on our read on Anen, and I actually think her read is solid even though I really wish she would give more logic for it. I also like her pretty solid questioning of Titus. I think maybe my issue with Nadhia is that our playstyles conflict - so I'm not really willing to say that she's scum. In light of the push on Anen that seems to be coming from a town place, she's far more likely to be town.

When it comes to
Aneninen
, I initially thought his catch-up posts were pretty great, and called out a lot of my own similar reads. However, since he's caught up, it feels like he's kind of been flailing/coasting, and his reads are coming off as weaker and weaker as the day progresses.

For example, his post #569 comes off as weirdly, oddly forced after having sounded completely natural before it. His substance-less attack on Shotty by basically saying "no, you!", his "gotcha!" moment on Zakk that really just seems like a twist in wording, and his weird questioning to the mod about whether or not scum have daytalk comes off as pretty forced towntells. From there, his posts kind of fall off awkwardly, and kind of culminate in the worst way possible with his comment to the mod about how the scum must have encryptors. It's weird, and it's forced.

I'm inclined to think that
Egg
is town. My only concern with him is that he asks a lot of really important, interesting questions, but it seems like his questions don't really lead him to any conclusions, and I worry that could be used as a filler. Otherwise, he's a townread.

Zakk
and
EspeciallytheLies
are still town, as I previously covered.
Titus
is town too. I don't think I need to explain these, but I can if needed.

Persivul
is probably scum too. His attacks are super weak and it seems like he's grasping at straws to find reads - particularly in posts #950, #986, and #792 all come off as really, really desperate.

I could be sold on

heuristically_alone
being scum, especially because his recent reads list is a lot of words with little reasoning/substance.

I'm gonna call that "good enough". If anyone has specific questions about a read, feel free.

Anyone that I didn't mention is null/scum.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4265 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:19 pm

Post by zakk »

In post 3310, projectmatt wrote:I still think that Titus and Zakk are both town. I understand the case on Titus, but I honestly can't shake my townread on him no matter how many times I comb through his ISO. His play sincerely reads to me like somebody trying to earnestly find scum, and I don't see any particular kind of fake/made up style of play in his methods at all. Zakk has also made himself fairly clearly town to me during this day especially. Unless he's ridiculously good at faking content/tone, my townread is still the same.

I guess that Lowell is conftown.

I still think that Nahdia is town too - but her playstyle always comes off as really awkward/lazy to me. She has 2x the amount of posts of me, but a lot of her ISO was totally devoid of content. That said though, some of the stuff that initially read to me as weird posturing now kind of reads as a sincere attempt to find scum. Also, there's the whole her and I hiveminding on Anen thing. I'm feeling OK with calling her town, but not strongly.

Look, my ego will not allow me to call Ircher scum. I also admit that my ego is probably giving me rose-colored glasses of his ISO. I've been defending him since the early game, and I still don't think he's scum. I think that some people (like Nahdia) are confusing newbie tells for scum-tells. Like, when he is reliant on the wiki as to why there must be a scum in the neighborhood, I don't read that as scum. I read that as somebody trying really, really hard, and mistakenly using a source that isn't accurate. I'm pretty sure I've delved into why he's town before as well, so I'm not going to explain it again.

I'm beginning to second-guess my townread on Egg. I initially thought his analysis was incredibly town and impressive. However, him being perpetually behind on catching up reads to me more like a crutch to not contribute than it is an actual attempt to be up to speed. Maybe Egg and I have different styles of play, but he doesn't need to go through every single page and give a detailed response. If you're behind on the game, read through and it give a summary of all your thoughts. I really hope that he picks up the play and engages with the current game soon, because I really dislike his recent output. Unfortunately, the V/LA isn't inspiring me, and cynically makes me feel like he'll use it as a reason to become even further behind.

Sometimes Magna comes off a little awkward or forced to me - like his aggressive attacks on Copper yesterday that came off as a little bit weak/far too confident. But his analysis of interactions with Anen today has been A+ material, and he handled his response to my questioning pretty well. I lean town on him.

I want Shotty dead. But I don't think Shotty is scum. I'm also not willing to lynch Shotty. I just think his style of play is so aggressively terrible, and I don't get it. I'm sorry if that seems harsh, but I'm just really annoyed by his style. His reads look like he's jumping from wagon to wagon without actually reading the game, and he rarely states thoughts that actually come off as coherent. That said though, I regretfully still think that he's town, and I really wish that I didn't.

I scumread HA a pretty fair amount when this game started, and that makes me also read Shaziro in a little bit more of an aggressive light. I have the same complaint about him that I had about HA - a lot of his content comes off not like actual scumhunting but rather posts that specifically are looking for the next person to attack. I don't know if that makes sense. In my head, scum and town play the game pretty differently. Scum look for people to target or suspect and try to frame it as scumhunting, while town don't normally have an underlying agenda. His posts come off to me like they have that agenda, and that they are aggressively looking for someone to push on.

I'm conflicted about Liger. I really dislike his vote on Magna yesterday (because it came weirdly after I had questioned Magna) and his vote on Ircher today also feels forced. But his reconsidering about Ircher today comes off like a possible town move. I'm waiting to see more content from him today. A reads list would be great.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4266 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:20 pm

Post by zakk »

I don't even know what to think from these posts

I think more might be found in VCA

Titus?
permanently retired

see here for more info
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4267 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:03 pm

Post by Titus »

I'll be on it in the afternoon tomorrow.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #4268 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:46 am

Post by Creature »

In post 4257, zakk wrote:muahahahaaaaa yesssss
creature lived
Glad I did.
1. no lynching would probably be useless. creature is pretty much conf town, thus would probably die
This and how LyLo may be scary.
2. creature, pls speculate why cy died instead of you? could be titus trying to prove her claim, could be to try to make it look that way.
He's more confirmed town than me.

3. also, anything you can find in magna's posts in the hood about egg and/or titus?[/quote]
Magna said he's suspicious of Egg because of 3311 yet said the scum team must be me and you.

Didn't saw Magna saying anything about Titus.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #4269 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:47 am

Post by Creature »

In post 4268, Creature wrote:Didn't saw Magna saying anything about Titus.
Actually Magna tried to doubtcast the presence of an investigative.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #4270 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:48 am

Post by Creature »

I am very confident in Egg though.

I don't think Magna would interact with zakk like this if they were scum buddies.

I also speculated there must have an investigative in the town.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #4271 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:49 am

Post by Creature »

I think checking Aneninen's ISO is a good way to go as he might have been less aware of associative tells at that time.
Sigh
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4272 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:24 am

Post by Titus »

Going back on my vca word because my mother in law was admitted to the hospital last night.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4273 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:43 am

Post by zakk »

I'm sorry to hear :(
permanently retired

see here for more info
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #4274 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:49 am

Post by Creature »

I feel like I am actually posting in my neighborhood.
Sigh

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”