Mini Normal 1814 Machiavellian Mafia (Game Over)

Zap Rowsdower
Zap Rowsdower
Goon
Zap Rowsdower
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

In post 272, Elyse wrote:Zap points out a bunch of good things that point to BYFscum but doesn't vote him :igmeou:
Yup.
In post 288, iraonavp wrote:BigYoshiFan, you should really just tell us your claim.
Well this was a weird thing to say.
In post 325, BigYoshiFan wrote:Is swearing allowed on this site?
Yeah but personal attacks are not. So "I fucking hate your argument" is fine, but "You are stupid" is not.
In post 338, Rosske wrote:I'm interested to see what Map Wolf has to see when he gets back, and depending on his response I'll potentialy be down to hammer.

For now VOTE: BigYoshiFan
This looks bad. Especially if Map is scum and BYF is town. But even just on its face, this really sets Rosske up to follow momentum around.
In post 340, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 136, Zap Rowsdower wrote:Hm....I can see that being true with your posting. That or it's some grade A bullshit.
Does sitting on that fence hurt?
What I was saying was that the explanation + past posting from Blackstar pushed my thoughts on him away from the middle and out toward the edge. As in, if I'm gonna believe he's scum then now I have to also believe he's a pretty good bullshitter, as opposed to a bumbling fool.
I wonder if there's beer on the sun
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:27 pm

Post by iraonavp »

VOTE: Nero Cain
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:29 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 401, iraonavp wrote:VOTE: Nero Cain
I pref you not vote my biggest tr please thank you Nero's "hammer" was super towny it got reactions I like it a lot more than blacks because this seemed not even close to forced I don't see any reason for mafia to do this
Map Wolf
Map Wolf
Goon
Map Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:35 pm

Post by Map Wolf »

In post 399, MariaR wrote:W/e the only person trying to give this guy and chance and I'm scum that's really upsetting
It is mostly instinct, but it would make sense.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 397, gerryoat wrote:He already claimed. Read The Game.
who the fuck soft claims vt
I prefer they, thanks :)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Not soft claims, crumbs
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:40 pm

Post by BlackStar »

@zap Whay have I done that would make you say I'm a bumbling fool?

@mrua why do you care about a single vote on Nero. It's not a big deal
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:41 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 406, BlackStar wrote:@zap Whay have I done that would make you say I'm a bumbling fool?

Mostly because if you vote my TR I assume you sr them so I want to get that sr off my townread it's not really the vote itself it's the meaning behind it
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:41 pm

Post by Elyse »

In post 402, MariaR wrote:
I pref you not vote my biggest tr please thank you Nero's "hammer" was super towny it got reactions I like it a lot more than blacks because this seemed not even close to forced I don't see any reason for mafia to do this
Meh people do that all the time. I wouldn't be so quick to call Nero town.

Map's reads are weird. Why did he bring up only those few people? Does he have reads on everyone else? We may never know.

I'm still ok to lynch him but Zap is climbing up on my scum list. All of his posts ping me so hard.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:42 pm

Post by BlackStar »

In post 404, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 397, gerryoat wrote:He already claimed. Read The Game.
who the fuck soft claims vt
Dwlee99 wrote:Not soft claims, crumbs
I was in a game once where some started the first sentence of their first post with the letter v and the second sentence with the letter t so that later they could say that they crumbed it
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:43 pm

Post by BlackStar »

In post 407, MariaR wrote:
In post 406, BlackStar wrote:@zap Whay have I done that would make you say I'm a bumbling fool?

Mostly because if you vote my TR I assume you sr them so I want to get that sr off my townread it's not really the vote itself it's the meaning behind it
Let people take care of themselves
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:52 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Personally I think giving your town reads can be pretty shitty at times and just leads to the universally town read players getting killed because scum know they are universally town read.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:53 pm

Post by iraonavp »

Well, I think that Nero Cain is suspicious and being deliberately and unnecessarily abrasive to appear town-aligned.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:06 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

nero is always unnecessarily abrasive, try again
Zap Rowsdower
Zap Rowsdower
Goon
Zap Rowsdower
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:32 pm

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

Not what I was saying. I was contrasting hypotheticals about your possible scum play.

Not terribly convinced by Map's more recent posts.

Ira where did you land on the whole MapWolf thing jc
I wonder if there's beer on the sun
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by gerryoat »

I kinda wanna hammer Map Wolf and I kinda don't. He's still the person I scumread most here, yet I think as mafia he would have tried to claim a power role or something. What do you all think?
Comparing Realities
Comparing Realities
Goon
Comparing Realities
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:38 pm

Post by Comparing Realities »

In post 408, Elyse wrote:I'm still ok to lynch [Maps] but Zap is climbing up on my scum list. All of his posts ping me so hard.
Confirmation bias alert. If all of his posts ping you so, then either you or he are doing something wrong. And since few others are pinged, save myself and I think also Maria, it's probably just his personality that bothers you.
In post 130, Elyse wrote:Map Wolf hasn't addressed any of the posts directed at him despite unvoting me after Dwlee and I voted him.

And if he flips scum I want to look at Zap.
In post 138, Elyse wrote:
In post 136, Zap Rowsdower wrote:
In post 128, BlackStar wrote:It was obvious the whole time
Hm....I can see that being true with your posting. That or it's some grade A bullshit.

If it's true then yeah Map looks like Ziox.

I think this will put Map at like L-3 or so.

VOTE: Map

Gonna p stoked if we really just caught scum.
This post looks fake
In post 144, Zap Rowsdower wrote:For real though, Elyse's immediate reaction to the day cop claim looks town. It should by no means clear her because she is Elyse, but it looks town for more reason than one: She didn't attempt a CC, and scum might resist the urge to CC, but then it would probably be safer to just lurk it out if you were scum who didn't want to CC.
In post 272, Elyse wrote:
In post 181, Zap Rowsdower wrote:
In post 177, BigYoshiFan wrote:a fellow townie
Caught this too. Why didn't you pursue it further?

gerry is prob town.
In post 201, gerryoat wrote:Alright now that I've seen everything, I understand what Map Wolf did was scummy but like, aren't the at like L-3 or L-2 right now? I think it's a little too early to be putting someone that close to lynch when it's till not even 10 pages into the game. I'm pretty sure we have like 54 or 72 hours to get a lynch, so I'm a bit worried that votes are piling up on Map Wolf so easily.
I'm not too worried about the speed of the wagon because Map Wolf is the kind of buddy scum would bus anyway. Plus Zap and BlackStar showed resistance initially.

@BYF
Why were you townreading ira?

Zap points out a bunch of good things that point to BYFscum but doesn't vote him :igmeou:

As much as reading his posts make me want to kill myself, I think ira is probably town. And BYF could be scum.
In post 400, Zap Rowsdower wrote:
In post 272, Elyse wrote:Zap points out a bunch of good things that point to BYFscum but doesn't vote him :igmeou:
Yup.
In post 408, Elyse wrote:
In post 402, MariaR wrote:
Meh people do that all the time. I wouldn't be so quick to call Nero town.

Map's reads are weird. Why did he bring up only those few people? Does he have reads on everyone else? We may never know.

I'm still ok to lynch him but Zap is climbing up on my scum list. All of his posts ping me so hard.
Other than that, little else transpired between the two of you. I get your thing about the "fake" post ("Gonna p stoked if we really just caught scum"... what), but what else has he said?

Also, thank you for explaining your thought process on the Ira/BYF thing. Sorry for freaking out there.
I have little hope for democracy as an effective means of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction.
Comparing Realities
Comparing Realities
Goon
Comparing Realities
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:47 pm

Post by Comparing Realities »

In post 415, gerryoat wrote:I kinda wanna hammer Map Wolf and I kinda don't. He's still the person I scumread most here, yet I think as mafia he would have tried to claim a power role or something. What do you all think?
I think his claim of VT is rather humble, and rightly so. If he'd come out of the blue and said "I'm doctor!" or the like, that wouldn't have been very believable given his history/activity. Everyone expects that, anyway. I don't think any self-aware Mafia would have claimed anything but VT in this particular circumstance. Looking into his claim is a moot point in my opinion, he'd do it either way. What bugs me is his claiming that he "slightly referred to" his being a VT in post 19:
In post 19, Map Wolf wrote:I am looking foward to this game as
it is pretty simple(...?)
, and i am pretty confident that i can do well.
That's a pretty lame defense.
I have little hope for democracy as an effective means of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 408, Elyse wrote:I wouldn't be so quick to call Nero town.
"lets keep Nero as a possible mislynch!"
In post 412, iraonavp wrote:Well, I think that Nero Cain is suspicious and being deliberately and unnecessarily abrasive to
appear town-aligned
I've always felt like statements like these are stupid but anyways what makes you think I'm not being genuine?

CR are you scumreading Map or what?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:58 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 392, MariaR wrote:I don't think that's it I think he found it scummy because you asked such a filler/not needed question Why did you hammer: Because he thinks map is scum it's a very easy thing to put together
What I was saying is that I sorta dislike how both Gerry and Rosske were fussing about my "hammer" but there was no indication of what they thought it meant. Which is why I kept saying "yes and?"
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

vote: Rosske

Map Wolf
Map Wolf
Goon
Map Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:07 am

Post by Map Wolf »

In post 417, Comparing Realities wrote:
In post 19, Map Wolf wrote:I am looking foward to this game as
it is pretty simple(...?)
, and i am pretty confident that i can do well.
That's a pretty lame defense.
Yes it is. I didn't write it as a way of using it as defense.
Map Wolf
Map Wolf
Goon
Map Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:51 am

Post by Map Wolf »

I townread
Skold
because a scum would ideally shut up and just let town make a mislynch. ("Though I do want this guy sitting at L-1") sounds somewhat scummy, but i can see that he wants to make the game to move foward.
gerryoat
is null. i think he is hard to read with his posts.
irao
is lean town. I feel like he has remained somewhat "stable" in his posts. He is somewhat do close to the 180 degrees turns, but i can see him just hunting for information.
Zap
is null. Not terribly convinced of his alignment.
It is kinda funny that
Rosske
sounds like he could be my scummate. "Spirtualy wagoning him [me]" could be a scummate reaction, but lets be honest any "scummate" i would hypothetically have would probably bus me to stay under the radar. I null read him.

Also i am not interested in staying under the radar. I will try to reply questions.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:03 am

Post by Skold »

This town read on me is terrible. I HAVE shut up, barely contributed in forever. That post was nearly 100 posts ago and I don't think I've posted since and it certainly hasn't been substantive. I don't like even theoretically pretending you have a scum-mate though I do agree.
Other catchup stuff to follow, but I like my vote where it is.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:03 am

Post by Skold »

This town read on me is terrible. I HAVE shut up, barely contributed in forever. That post was nearly 100 posts ago and I don't think I've posted since and it certainly hasn't been substantive. I don't like even theoretically pretending you have a scum-mate though I do agree.
Other catchup stuff to follow, but I like my vote where it is.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”