Newbie 1728: Training Your Dragon Mafia [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Newbie 1728: Training Your Dragon Mafia [Game Over]

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:04 am

Post by Firebringer »

Welcome Newbies to Training your Dragon Mafia!

Back-Up Mod:
Frozen Angel
Reviewers:
This game runs a Matrix6 found Here
Special Thanks To:
Mina for all the hard work she puts in as Newbie list mod. Its a tough job. She probably has tamed many dragons in her life.

Playerlist: [9 Players]

reso*
DistructiveNick
0x40
Rusty
Vedith
omnyx
Vaxkiller
RyanK
innocentvillager (SE)
PhantomCobalt (SE)
Maverick1102 (SE)
hiplop (IC)

*= prods
BOLD=Confirmed

Alive (4/9)

reso
Vaxkiller
RyanK
innocentvillager

Dead

Spoiler: Dead
PhantomCobalt, Lynched Day 1, He was a
Vanilla Townie

0x40, Died Night 1, He was a
Vanilla Townie

hiplop, Lynched Day 2, He was a
Mafia Goon

Maverick1102, Died Night 2, He was a
Town Cop

Vedith, Lynched Day 3, He was a
Mafia Roleblocker

Important Links/Events:

Night 1
Day 2
Night 2
Day 3
Game Over
Last edited by Firebringer on Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:12 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:04 am

Post by Firebringer »

Rules

(Shamelessly stolen from other moderators and changed to fit this game)

General
  1. I am the Mod and what I say goes. The rules will not change in this game.
  2. Hopefully I will not have to force replace or modkill anyone, if I do though you will all be notified. I am going to be busy training dragons to do this so it’s a unlikely event.
  3. I am perfect. But somehow I still make mistakes, if you see one, let me know. If you have questions, comments or whatever feel free to PM me.
  4. Preface all in-thread messages to the mod with
    @Mod
  5. Punishment for breaking any of the following rules will be handled by myself and list mod.
  6. This is a game. Play to win, and have fun, because what’s the point if it’s not fun? Or don't have fun, nobody said training dragons would be easy.
  7. Do not quote mod communications.
  8. All players must confirm their alignment and role before posting in this game.
  9. DO NOT TALK ABOUT ONGOING GAMES.

10. All Global Site Rules Apply

Posting and Voting
  1. I hereby reserve the colour
    #FF8000
    for mod use. Don't use it.
  2. Do not use invisible, encrypted, or ridiculously small text. Everything posted in the game thread should be public.
  3. All votes must be written in
    bold
    or use the VOTE: Player tag. Unvotes are helpful, but not necessary.
  4. Votes may
    not
    be contained inside quote, code, area, or spoiler tags.
  5. A lynch is reached when day ends and a majority of all players, half players alive plus one, are voting for the same person.
  6. VCs will be posted with flavor, but none of the flavor will have anything to do with the game and is there for funsies. Do not attempt to use this flavor to ‘break the game’ I assure you it is just there to make the game more enjoyable

Activity and Deadlines
  1. This game runs under a 14 day deadline for days.
  2. Nights are 48 hours.
  3. Failure to post once every 48 hours, will result in a prod.
  4. If you fail to respond to your prod in 24 hours, you will be replaced.
  5. If you get three prods you will automatically be replaced.
  6. If your role gives you access to a Private Topic, you may request that a partner be poked. This will not count as an official prod.
  7. If you are going V/LA please notify me in advance
  8. If you are going to be V/LA for longer than 5 days I highly encourage you to replace out.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:21 am

Post by Firebringer »

Possible Role PMs:

Spoiler: Possible Roles
Welcome,
X
, you are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities
  • During the Day, you may vote for whomever you want lynched.
  • You cannot perform any night action.
Win Condition

You win when all Mafia have been lynched and at least one Town-aligned player is still alive
Welcome,
X
, you are a
Town Jailkeeper

Abilities
  • At night you can target a player to prevent them from performing a action and protecting them from night kills.
  • You cannot target yourself
Win Condition

You win when all Mafia have been lynched and at least one Town-aligned player is still alive
Welcome,
X
, you are a
Town Cop

Abilities
  • At night you can check a player to see if they are mafia or not.
  • You will get results of No Result, Mafia, or Not Mafia
Win Condition

Welcome,
X
, you are a
Town Doctor

Abilities
  • At night you can heal a player in order to prevent their death.
Win Condition

Welcome,
X
, you are a
1-shot Bulletproof Townie

Abilities
  • You survive the first night attack performed on you.
Win Condition

Welcome,
X
, you are a
Town Tracker

Abilities
  • At night you can target a player to see who they visited that night if any.
Win Condition

Welcome,
X
, you are a
Mafia Goon

Your ally is X, and is a Goon/Roleblocker
Abilities
  • You can perform the factional kill
  • You have a night chat with your partner here: LINK
Win Condition

You win when your faction controls 50% of the vote or nothing can prevent it
Welcome,
X
, you are a
Mafia Roleblocker

Your ally is X
Abilities
  • You can perform the factional kill
  • At night you can roleblock a player to prevent them from performing an action
  • You have a night chat with your partner here: LINK
Win Condition

You win when your faction controls 50% of the vote or nothing can prevent it
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:22 am

Post by Firebringer »

Game Setup

This game is using the standard Newbie Game setup, Matrix6. One row or one column will be randomly chosen from the table below and the remaining six roles will be filled in by Mafia Goons and Vanilla Townies as appropriate to create a total of 2 Mafia-aligned players and 7 Town-aligned players.

ABC
Town Jailkeeper
Vanilla Townie
Mafia Goon
Mafia Roleblocker
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town 1-Shot Bulletproof
Mafia Goon
Town Tracker

Note:
  • The Mafia must specify who is performing what Night action when the actions are submitted.
  • In applicable situations, a Roleblocker's action will resolve before a Jailkeeper's action.
  • In applicable situations, a Mafia Roleblocker has the option of submitting both roleblocks and kills, even when the Mafia Goon is still alive.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:35 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Vote Count 1.00

Reso (L-5):
DistructiveNick (L-5):
Rusty (L-5):
omnyx (L-5):
RyanK (L-5):
innocentvillager (L-5):
PhantomCobalt (L-5):
Maverick1102 (L-5):
hiplop (L-5):

Not Voting (9): Reso, DistructiveNick, Rusty, omnyx, RyanK, innocentvillager, PhantomCobalt, Maverick1102, hiplop

With 9 Alive, It Takes 5 to Lynch
Day 1 Ends In (expired on 2016-08-01 20:00:00)
Show

PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:41 pm

Post by PhantomCobalt »

First!
VOTE: Rusty
Rust = red = red color role = mafia
Speed don't lie.
CC
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

Hi gais, I'm one of the SE's for this game. hiplop is the IC (Inexperience Challenged) which means he can't lie about game theory/mechanics and stuff, but feel free to ask any of us SE's about such issues if you want too (be careful, we CAN lie though).

In the spirit of old school mafia, I'd love to do some... wait for it.... wait for it....

RQS! (Random Questioning Stage)

I know, SE's you probably hate me and are probably going to call me out on doing useless bullshit, but I think it's a good way to start the game and to get a baseline for how we expect to play this game.

Questions:
1) When/how often do you expect to post?
2) Is low activity a scumtell? Is high activity a towntell?
3) Lynch "all" liars or no?
4) Is too scummy to be scum a fallacy, or not?
5) (for those who have played before) What's your towngame like, and what's your scumgame like?

-----

1) I'll likely be posting relatively actively (maybe 1-3 times a day on average), but as for walls, I don't think I'll post a lot of those on here especially since I am in quite a few other games and modding some.

2) To some degree, I think that scum has an intrinsic motivation to not post/create apathy and deny the town information. The more you post, the more you might expose yourself. That said, scum also might have an intrinsic motivation to assert themselves and drive town towards mislynching another townie. So I think activity can be AI (alignment indicative), depending on the intent of the posts, but this is a tricky and often controversial question. I think activity is more AI when it comes to newbies, but the more experience one gets, the less AI activity is imo.

3) This was a common question often posed on MS, at least in the older days. I think town should do everything in their power to not lie, since a townie can play this game without lying, while scum can't. It's the one leverage town has over scum. The moment a townie lies, it adds a lot of confusion and can also give scum a crutch to lie. There are some very rare cases where it's okay to lie (like in weird setups where you claim a different role than your own to throw off the night kill), but for the purposes of this newbie game, I highly encourage everyone townie NOT to lie, even when claiming power roles. So lynch all liars? Maybe a little extreme, but if we see someone lying in this game, we should fight tooth and nail to figure out why they lied, and at the very least reward them a massive load of scumpoints for doing so.

4) To some degree, but I think it's important to distinguish something. Remember that the goal of scum is to a) survive (or get partner to survive) and b) get other townies lynched. A lot of scum will try towntell a lot, since they are extremely concerned with their image. So I think there are cases where "too scummy to be scum" cannot be dismissed as a fallacy, for example when there is no scum motivation to do a lot of scummy things. If someone is lurking out, weirdly casting votes, etc., it doesn't necessarily mean that they're scum. They're doing some "scummy things", but sometimes stuff like this is indicative that the player is not concerned with their images. That being said, there are some times where this is a fallacy, for example if scum lays a hammer down on a townie very aggressively (generally, when scum does something that clearly benefits their alignment). In this case, using the "too scummy to be scum" logic is fallacious since getting that townie lynched clearly benefitted scum.

5) You can look in my old games for some meta and stuff. I'm pretty different across games tbh, and even within games. It kind of depends on how I feel. My last completed game was Newbie 1717, where I won (pretty luckily) as scum. Any completed game before that was more than 2 years ago, since I took a 2 year hiatus from this site, so take anything you see there with a grain of salt. What you might find is that sometimes I am generally fairly aggressive as town, am generally pretty good at townhunting (and therefore getting scum by PoE), and I am rarely concerned with my image (but don't take it from me, take it for yourself! And make sure to skim through at least two games each of my town and scum games before you make a hasty conclusion). I honestly am not a fan of playing scum (if I could, I would avoid playing it), and sometimes that reflects in my game. I try to emulate my aggressive town playstyle as scum, but posting for me feels very unnatural and forced when I am scum. Sometimes it works out okay, like in my most recent game, but sometimes it doesn't quite work out so well.

------

I recommend that everyone answers these questions (you don't have to write as much as me), or if you don't want to, explain why you don't like these questions. I won't be offended if you choose the latter, since I know how much people have gravitated away from RQS (but I wanted to bring it back ;) ).

Anyway,

VOTE: hiplop

Hi hiplop!! Nostalgia at its finest.

This is my second game with hiplop, ever. The first game I was with hiplop in was actually my very first game on this site, more than 4 years ago: Newbie 1222. He was also the IC in that game, and I was mostly a Village Idiot burden to the town (but, to be fair, my reads were nearly spot on besides the D1 mislynch lol). So if any of you newbies are concerned about this game, at least take solace in knowing that definitely you won't be as bad as I was in my first game :P. Hiplop I hope I've improved since then lol :D
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:13 pm

Post by reso »

Awesome. It begins.

I'd just like to start that this is actually not my first game here. I have attempted 5 games here previously and finished only 2? HOWEVER, the first game I finished was back in 2010, the last game I attempted was back in 2013, and only 2 weeks ago have I started playing again on a different forum. I've decided to come back to this site to relearn and back-up the fundamentals before I do some of the more crazier things that go on at the other forum I previously mentioned.

And RQS. Woot.

1) I'll try to be as active as I can. Currently jobless/still looking for a job, so if I can remind myself, I'll probably be here as much as I can. I am playing from the US Pacific Coast if you need a reference of when and where I am posting from.

2) I don't like to use low activity as a basis for scum-hunting. If the person on the spot turns out to be mafia, their lynch just looks like an easy-to-jump-on bandwagon. If said person turn out to be townie, it's rather hard to analyze any interactions with the people that voted because none existed. High Activity.... I'm... a little unsure about. Mainly because I'm rather fond of the Too Townie Fallacy. The very first game I finished here the townie lost because of such a situation. Other than that, a lot of activity but with fluffposting is more or less equal to low activity to me, so I usually don't have a solid enough reason to vote for said person.

3) I don't think all liars should be lynched. I think that townies with powerful roles will lie in order to protect themselves and the ones that they have power over.

4) While I like to employ the Too Townie Fallacy, I don't think I've ever seen the Too Scummy Fallacy used as well to the same extent. While it might be particularly truer for new players, in regular play, scummy players just usually just actual scum.

5) I don't remember how I've played before on this site. However, in the game at the other forum, I took up a super aggressive Day 1 stance, pushing against someone's unfortunate timing of their post with another's to force an force an incredibly chill RVS-only Day 1 into active discussion, in hopes that I've painted enough of a target on my back for people to get out of their box. Something to keep in mind is that prior to this game, the only games I've played and finished were the 2-week long day periods Newbie games with 9 people that are so prevalent here, and that game was a Literal Day period Chocolate game with 45 people. So I took up that aggressive stance because I was unused to the meta. While it was interesting, I hoping to play as aggressively in the future. I think that mafia play is the same thing as townie play. The best thing you can do as mafia is act like townie.
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:23 pm

Post by reso »

In post 7, reso wrote:While it was interesting, I hoping to play as aggressively in the future.
'...I am hoping to play not as aggressively in the future.'
In post 7, reso wrote:5) I don't remember how I've played before on this site.
OF COURSE, I could look up my previous games here, but I'd really rather not spend time reading old games top to bottom.

And when it comes newbie games, I think that RQS serves as a relatively easy way to get information about other players and an icebreaker into specific mechanics and theories about gameplay. To hear that RQS is declining is very saddening to me.

I should also probably get an avatar or picture for people to identify myself with.

Oh, and VOTE: DistructiveNick. Because I used to have an employer named Nick. He was not a good employer.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:54 pm

Post by RyanK »

I'll vote randomly. VOTE: hiplop
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:17 pm

Post by RyanK »

UNVOTE: hiplop VOTE: innocentvillager. The name looks too innocent.
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:47 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

1. Those aren't random questions.

2. Why are you so defensive from the start?
Speed don't lie.
CC
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:44 am

Post by reso »

In post 11, PhantomCobalt wrote:1. Those aren't random questions.

I apologize, but to whom are you referring to?
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:03 am

Post by RyanK »

reso wrote:

I apologize, but to whom are you referring to?
To answer your question, he(PhantomCobalt) is most likely (PhantomCobalt should know better) referring to innocentvillager as
innocentvillager wrote:
RQS! (Random Questioning Stage)

I know, SE's...
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:54 am

Post by hiplop »

Hey everyone, I'm your IC for this game. It stands for "Inexperience Challenged", a joke-of-sorts meaning that I have played a lot of this game. There are also SE's in this game, meaning "semi-experienced". I am more-or-less a teacher, to help you guys get used to Mafia Scum, and I will be trying my very best to follow this guide. I am not here to play the game for you, merely to help you adapt to Mafia Scum, or mafia in general, really. I am still playing to win, but I can answer any questions you guys might have. This can be regarding anything whether it be mafia theory or things specific to this site! I have fun playing mafia, and I hope you guys will too; at the end of the day its a game, and we're here to have fun.

I thought I'd take the time to mention some of the sites features. On the bottom right below the SUBMIT button, there is a drop-down menu with the heading of "Display Posts by User:___" This is used to ISOLATE (or ISO for short) another player, and see only their posts. It's pretty helpful later on in the game, as it lets you see all of their posts in a nice little list. I quite like it, and great for Post by Post analysis.

In the bottom right corner, just above the Quick-Jump menu, there's an Activity Over-view link, it just shows how many times each player has posted; good for finding lurkers/seeing who is posting lots, and how long it has been since they last checked in.

If you don't already, I recommend getting an Avatar ASAP. It is really helpful to the whole community/town to be able to differentiate easily posts between players :)

We have a site wiki, that you can easily find by either going to the top right of the page, or simply going to mafiascum.net homepage, its a tool to be used, but some parts are outdated and fairly archaic. You can learn mafia theory pretty well from the wiki, but the only way to really learn how to play is by actively partaking in discussions, and just playing for yourself, honestly.

Some wiki's I recommend reading are: A Beginners Guide to Being Awesome At Mafia, and Commonly Used Abbreviations. The first is an incredibly good guide especially for newbies, and experienced players alike! It really explains the concept of mafia well, and I REALLY recommend you guys check it out, and the second is just to help you understand everything that is being said. Often us scummers seem to be speaking in a different language, this'll help you understand the lingo! If I say something you don't understand, feel free to ask for clarification.

Here at Mafiascum, we usually start Day One with a RVS (Random Vote Stage). It helps kick-off discussion, and you get to see how certain players handle pressure. It's a fun little time where you can joke around; it doesn't last too long, as usually someone finds SOMETHING to venture on with. It is a strong starting point, and as you get more experienced can become increasingly telling. Mafia is a super fun, nuanced game that has a virtually endless amount of variables, which is what helps make it so fresh every time.

So if you guys have any questions; feel free to ask, I won't bite, I promise!

Hello innocent :3 This is a super cool experience for me honestly. Good to see ya around :]

I personally love RQS (random question stage)for newbie games. ICing is sort of emotional and you get to know the people you're playing with a little better. Might give one insight on how someone thinks :]
1) When/how often do you expect to post?
Likely a few times a day. I'm not too busy for this month! I am known for somewhat sporadic, frantic posting at times which I try to quell for newbie games...but yea!
2) Is low activity a scumtell? Is high activity a towntell?
No. They *can* be, but are generally NAI (Not Alignment Indicative) in my experience. The thing is that while scum lurking is a good strategy, sometimes town just gets busy/lazy/whatever
3) Lynch "all" liars or no?
Depends on the lie. Only in very, very, very rare situations should town lie

4) Is too scummy to be scum a fallacy, or not?
I actually think its sort of an accurate thing *sometimes*. Often the "scummmiest" looking person is just sort of awkward/trying to find their spot in the game!

5) (for those who have played before) What's your towngame like, and what's your scumgame like?
Hmmm... I try to shake things up. Especially once your meta becomes known being able to adapt both is super important. I think I've played too many games for their to a concrete answer to either of these? I tend to be rather aggressive as either alignment. I prefer the Mafia alignment, though, so I tend to put a little more effort in.

If y'all don't mind, I'd appreciate if you answered some questions of mine. Just goofy personality ones. No rush
Spoiler: My Question
1) Have anyone of you played any off-site games?
2)How about on-site games? If so; How Many?
3) How would you describe yourself as an individual?
4) What do you think you will be remembered for this game?
6) Favourite pizza topping?
7) Favourite Movie?
8) Favourite Song/band/music genre?

2. Wayyy too many. Likely in the 400s? I should go back and count one day. I play a LOT of mafia
3. Quirky, funny, dry sense of humour. I'm pretty energetic. I'm a film production student at university :]
4. Hopefully the best darn IC around ;) I hope innocentvillager has fond memories :|
6. Italian Sausage! Sooooo yummy. Love the spice it adds
7. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind :)
8. I am a punk rock kid yo. Love that 90's alternative. Huge fan of hiphop, too. I am a *massive* kanye west fan

Anyyyyywaaays. VOTE: innocentvilalge For the good ol' days
third best scummer of all time
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:03 am

Post by RyanK »

Thanks for the help, hiplop. It's already 11 here. I'd better go get some sleep now. Goodnight everyone regardless of their time zone.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:04 am

Post by RyanK »

*11 p.m.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:19 am

Post by innocentvillager »

hiplop wrote:I prefer the Mafia alignment, though, so I tend to put a little more effort in.
I'm liking my current vote.

Guys if hiplop puts an inordinate amount of effort into this game, you know what to do.
In post 7, reso wrote:4) While I like to employ the Too Townie Fallacy, I don't think I've ever seen the Too Scummy Fallacy used as well to the same extent. While it might be particularly truer for new players, in regular play, scummy players just usually just actual scum.
I would agree with hiplop below:
hiplop wrote: 4) Is too scummy to be scum a fallacy, or not?
I actually think its sort of an accurate thing *sometimes*. Often the "scummmiest" looking person is just sort of awkward/trying to find their spot in the game!
Very rarely does a D1 lynch hit scum (less than probability would dictate, at least, since the D1 lynch definitely has a less than 22% success rate), and I think it is for this reason.

Well, we are not here to debate theory, lol, to each their own.
PhantomCobalt wrote:1. Those aren't random questions.

1. Meh, sure it's not necessarily "random" in the most literal sense of the word per say, but I would still say they're useful questions that fit under RQS. If you want to call it QS instead of RQS, that's fine by me :P

Another reason I like doing "RQS/QS" is because we can get a baseline for how people play. For example, an RQS that I brought up actually kinda caught my scum buddy (derp) in the end.

2. ???
hiplop wrote:1) Have anyone of you played any off-site games?
2)How about on-site games? If so; How Many?
3) How would you describe yourself as an individual?
4) What do you think you will be remembered for this game?
6) Favourite pizza topping?
7) Favourite Movie?
8) Favourite Song/band/music genre?
1) Epicmafia I used to be pretty active in (1000+ games), but honestly MS is just so much more analytical and interesting, while EM has lately just devolved into quick hunches and rude AtE
2) I mostly play in Newbies and Opens because I like knowing the setup, so I've played I think 20-25 of those maybe?
3) Fairly introverted, however I am generally pretty nice (I can kinda be a dick on this site though since this is a game about arguing, but I promise not to personally attack anyone, I think that is ALWAYS uncalled for no matter what). Kinda quirky sometimes. If you're nice to me I'll definitely be nice to you, and if you're mean to me... well, I'll still try to be nice but no promises :P
4) No idea, I'm remembered for something pretty different each game.
5) Where is question 5? More scum points for hiplop.
6) Titties! Lol jk, probably bacon.
7) Inception
8) I'm a trashy pop/hip-hop kind of guy.
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:44 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

Someone seems rather aggressive.

RQS (Or QS) isn't my style and to be honest I really don't like it. It's just people making noise and either town or scum can tell the truth and not have to worry about towntelling. That and I am not reading useless walls of fluff page one. Nope.

VOTE: Cobalt

Let's see where this goes.
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:02 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

[quote="In post 6, innocentvillager"
I know, SE's you probably hate me and are probably
going to call me out on doing useless bullshit
, but I think it's a good way to start the game and to get a baseline for how we expect to play this game.
[/quote]
Speed don't lie.
CC
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:03 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

And this kids, is why you use the preview tool, let me fix that.
Speed don't lie.
CC
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:03 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

In post 6, innocentvillager wrote: I know, SE's you probably hate me and are
probably going to call me out on doing useless bullshit
, but I think it's a good way to start the game and to get a baseline for how we expect to play this game.
Speed don't lie.
CC
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:04 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

In post 18, Maverick1102 wrote:

Someone seems rather aggressive.

RQS (Or QS) isn't my style and to be honest I really don't like it. It's just people making noise and either town or scum can tell the truth and not have to worry about towntelling. That and I am not reading useless walls of fluff page one. Nope.

VOTE: Cobalt

Let's see where this goes.
How is RVS any different?
Speed don't lie.
CC
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:28 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

You aren't asked to regurgitate useless, NAI details such as your favourite film or icecream or whatever. Rather, we get an early indication of how people react under pressure (especially when wagoned) which is vital for spurring on discussion. That's why I think RVS is far, far superior to getting D1 underway than RQS.

That said, happy with my vote for now.
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:40 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

In post 23, Maverick1102 wrote:You aren't asked to regurgitate useless, NAI details such as your favourite film or icecream or whatever. Rather, we get an early indication of how people react under pressure (especially when wagoned) which is vital for spurring on discussion. That's why I think RVS is far, far superior to getting D1 underway than RQS.

That said, happy with my vote for now.
You say wagoning is the best way to get reactions, but you vote for me to put me at L-4, and not innocent to put him at L-2? Pretty weak logic.
Speed don't lie.
CC

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”