Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Newbie 1733: Mafia Boot Camp Mafia Topic

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:17 pm

Post by UpTooLate »

Welcome, Gear and
secondpassing
reso!

This is your mafia PT. You may talk in here during pre-game and during the Night only. It will be locked during the Day, however, you will still have access to read it.

In this PT you may discuss whatever you wish as long as it doesn't break any rules. You will also use this PT to discuss the factional kill you both share.

When submitting this kill, please be sure to bold it and include who will be doing the kill. For example:

UpTooLate kills Radja.

If you have an individual ability (like roleblock), you may either submit it here or by PM.

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have!
Last edited by UpTooLate on Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Get to know me!
Take care of those you call your own, and keep good company.
Gear
Gear
Goon
Gear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:49 pm

Post by Gear »

Hi!

So I guess outing power roles should be a priority?
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:27 pm

Post by UpTooLate »

This topic has been locked for the Day. You may post again during the Night phase.
Get to know me!
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:44 pm

Post by UpTooLate »

Topic is unlocked until Day 2 starts! Please remember you have to both agree on who you are killing and who is doing the actual killing.
Get to know me!
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by reso »

OH HO HO HO
So it begins.
I'm going to be honest, this is my first time playing scum, literally.

Day strategy, it's seems the both of us seem to have general town leans, so I think we should just keep on doing what the both of us have been doing. If you get in a bad position during the day, I will most likely try to reason myself onto your wagon to get some town cred, so please don't hesitate to do so if I'm the one to be in the bad position.

As for the night..... first, a question, Mod Lord UTL. Are we allowed to not act at all, so no nightkilling and no roleblocking? Because I have something devious in mind >:3
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:02 pm

Post by reso »

I can barely read my own text.

THAT'S BETTER.
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by reso »

Two more question? If we were to target the 1-shot bulletproof, would we know that we did? Or would only the bulletproof be alerted of his/her new un-bulletproof status. If I were to roleblock the bulletproof, would I render the bulletproof unusuable?
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by UpTooLate »

In post 4, reso wrote:Are we allowed to not act at all, so no nightkilling and no roleblocking?
Yes. You do not have to perform your night actions.
Get to know me!
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:31 pm

Post by reso »

INTERESTING
My logic for the idea that I had fell through because I misunderstood how the jailkeeper works.

Well. Gear, when you get here, this is what I am currently thinking.

As much as I don't want to have this setup, because I just played it in my previous game, but I think we could have Cop/Doctor doctor setup. riktus looks like a potential power role that could fit the bill of Cop or Doctor. He's been laying low for the majority of this game and hasn't stuck his neck out too much, but just doing enough to garner town cred. But I can't tell which, nor can I tell the other potential candidate. Eiralox is probably VT, and serra as well. But beyond that, I'm unsure.
Gear
Gear
Goon
Gear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:33 pm

Post by Gear »

I agree about Riktus.
It's probably noting, but I was reading his ISO and found: "As said, we can have an argument about this tomorrow." So he doesn't think that he will get shot tonight, but I don't want to read too much into it, since it seems like a really natural thing to say.

This comment by Eiralox worries me a bit:
"Expect it to be erratically. May be very active at times, especially when hunting poor criminal saps through the alleys and into the woods."
I think that it is too obvious a crumb for it to come from a cop, I can imagine it coming from a VT trying to draw the NK or from someone who's BP, but it could still be from a cop.
Reading through his ISO makes me think that he is neither a cop nor a doc, since he draws attention to himself and seems to be working hard to figure out the game.

Vax claimed VT. I'm inclined to believe him, but I guess he could be a doctor aiming to avoid the NK?
I think that the Leyroii was being opportunistic argument might get more traction tomorrow now that Keyen flipped town, but it's hard to tell - for example, NJAC thought his reactions were townie at the end of the day.

I think that NJAC seems to be working to figure out the game, which makes me think that he is not a cop.

I think I agree that Serra is neither a cop nor a doc, I'm inclined to think that cop!doc!serra would have been more delicate with Keyen.

TNE/Shaddow - I think it's certain that TNEs play was going to ensure that she avoided the NK. I could also see PR!town on V/LA replacing out if they see a wagon on them, according to the stats that Serra posted Doc's and Jailkeepers are fairly likely to replace out.
Gear
Gear
Goon
Gear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:43 pm

Post by Gear »

People I am more concerned that they are PRs
Eiralox - do you think he was soft claiming? See above. I'm worried that he could be BP, and if there is a doc, that they also picked up on the crumb.
riktus (SE)
shaddowez (SE)

People I think are more likely VTs
Vaxkiller - VT, no reason to kill.
NJAC (SE)
serrapaladin

So I'd hunt for PR's/RB in the first 3.
Gear
Gear
Goon
Gear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:29 am

Post by Gear »

Probably I should do the kill and you only be to increase the likelihood one of our actions goes through?
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:31 am

Post by UpTooLate »

In post 6, reso wrote:Two more question? If we were to target the 1-shot bulletproof, would we know that we did? Or would only the bulletproof be alerted of his/her new un-bulletproof status. If I were to roleblock the bulletproof, would I render the bulletproof unusuable?
Sorry, last night was super hectic and didn't get back to this.

Ok, so BP cannot be roleblocked. Also, you would not be informed whether or not your target was BP.
Get to know me!
Gear
Gear
Goon
Gear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:50 am

Post by Gear »

I'm inclined to think that we should RB Riktus. I think that enough people are scum reading him that he's not a priority for us to NK.

I wanted to ask, why do you think Eira is a VT?
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:21 am

Post by reso »

It was his #166 that gave me that the feeling that he was not afraid of putting his neck out. He has not been afraid to let everyone know what he thinks of them. He willingly expressed an intent to hammer Vax, which tells me that he was not afraid of being put on the spot. Also, this line from #291:
-Would like Vax to give comprehensive reads after coming in, especially focusing on keyen and TNE/Lii patterns
It was passive aggressively confirmation bias-y to me, which I don't think a cop nor a doctor would resort to. Also, I agree that the statement that you posted from Eiralox was just too obvious of a crumb.

It's ultimately just a feeling. There's no way for me to exactly deduce one's thought process
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:28 am

Post by reso »

I agree with the RB onto riktus.

I don't think we should be killing any of the currently arguing trio (serra/vax/shadow). It seems more likely that they will knock of themselves out rather than anyone not part of that trio. I would say the Nightkill should be going to NJAC. I was going to say Eiralox as well, but if there is a doctor/jailkeeper, it seems more likely that Eira would be protected instead rather than NJAC.
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:06 pm

Post by reso »

Okay, since we both seem to be in agreement with the ritkus RB....

Reso roleblocks riktus.
Gear
Gear
Goon
Gear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:47 pm

Post by Gear »

I'm happy with that.
Gear kills NJAC

Also UTL

I will be V/LA until Monday
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:06 pm

Post by reso »

Awesome. Well, then UTL, feel free to lock up this thread whenever. I do believe all conversation for this Night in this thread is over now.
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:07 am

Post by reso »

AH WAIT

I suppose that while we still do have time, that if someone does decided to suddenly/subtly change their vote onto us, we should be assuming that they are cop.
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:47 pm

Post by UpTooLate »

Actions received. Topic locked for Day start.
Get to know me!
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:06 am

Post by UpTooLate »

Topic unlocked until Day start!
Get to know me!
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:33 am

Post by reso »

OKAY THEN. I really wish you didn't hammer so early, before Vax posted.

So while the possibility that you are going to be lynched exists because of said hammer, I don't think serra scanned you. Because if he did, wouldn't he have opened the day with at least some form of subtle nod that you are scum? Instead he opened the day with his usual 'vote scum for 2016' spiel. I think you should be making this argument yourself

Still, there's a good chance that people will jump onto you.

However, since the cop is now dead, I propose that we don't kill anyone and put the game in a MyLo (Mislynch or Lose) state. If town doesn't think much of it, they have a lower possibility of lynching scum (a pool of 3 town/2 scum if we do this, compared to a pool of 2 town/2 scum if we do nightkill). But if town does catch on, it's an easy way of gaining a small amount of towncred by proposing to No Lynch, presenting why that is the best way to go, and make scum have to lynch else be forever stuck in ...and they all lived happily ever after.

Of course, this would all depend on Our Beautiful Doggy Overlord UpTooLate. So dearest Doggy Overlord, if the game was presented with this situation, what type of mod are you? Because I've seen games where town was forced to lynch, where scum was forced to nightkill, or the game ended in a draw?
Gear
Gear
Goon
Gear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:43 pm

Post by Gear »

Hi, sorry about that. There was no way that I wasn't going to hammer after Serra claimed a PR.

Tomorrow I am going to argue that I thought he was fake claiming because what kind cop tells town to just lynch them if there's a case against them, so I thought that was him strongly hinting that he was a VT then anyway, and as soon as he claimed a PR I thought he was scum trying to out the real PRs.

I'll say that I don't think that he had a scum result because if he did, he had time after the hammer to claim them.

If you have any suggestions to make this better, I'll take them.

I think if we no kill, it will confirm the doc as town, plus whoever they protect. If they protect you, then tomorrow we no lynch, kill the doc, then the next day I get lynched, kill someone else, and then in LYLO it will confuse people that you are still alive, it's probably a winning move, but not fool proof. If the doc doesn't protect you, then tomorrow there are two confirmed town, and probably the game goes to LYLO with you and the two unconfirmed VTs, which is worse for us because we don't get to choose them.

I'm not opposed to this, but I think that it is much safer for us to kill someone. If our kill goes through, the doc is not confirmed town. Tomorrow is LYLO, where we might win, and if we don't you get to kill whoever you like on the last day.

We need to look through Serra's ISO to see if he hinted a town result - that is one thing that could come back to haunt us. I remember him talking about how he thought he was right about Vax, so that is one possibility, maybe.
Gear
Gear
Goon
Gear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:45 pm

Post by Gear »

Who do you want to kill tonight?

Probably still rb riktus?

I was thinking that there is a chance that Shadow could be the doc, since he was talking about it being MYLO or LYLO, but maybe the real doc wouldn't out himself this way, so I'm not sure.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”