Micro 952 - The Coalition: ItGBSMoD [game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2550 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

yoink
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2551 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:13 am

Post by Dumb and Dumber »

In post 2531, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I don't remember any time when you specifically were in the hot seat yesterday - it felt very much to be a 1v1 betw me and Klick the entire way through.
Iirc DC and Klick and were initially scumreading us for trying to push off of you
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2552 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:13 am

Whoops

- Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2553 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:16 am

In post 2532, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Your defense of me on D2 did not make your position more precarious. You would've had a 1v1 today regardless of whether Klick or I had gotten lynched yesterday in our 1v1. Yesterday was trending towards a Pooky lynch followed by a 1v1 between you and Klick on D3 - something which is a bit of an even match between you and Klick if you just go along with Pooky-wagon and you look worse if you mount just a half-hearted defense of Pooky or inacto D2.

What you did instead was a full-defense of Pooky - resulting either in

A) Pooky gets evicted - you look great in 1v1 lylo vs Klick as you did full out defense.
B) Klick gets evicted - you get to 1v1 against someone who is universally suspected by the entire town - again advantage you.
(Aside, I like the term evicted and I might adopt that)

Why did we blow all our cred on Klick yeseterday vs taking the easy vote yesterday and having some cred for lylo.

Your explanation for our behavior puts us in a worse position for lylo than we would have had otherwise. Again, you're ignoring how the Klick townflip would affect our positioning in the game and our ability to push a wagon through - nobody is really listening to us now. We're not in a position to force you through today. Why? Again, cuz we blew all our capital yesterday. Idk why we'd have done that as scum.

(Also I feel like we're just reiterating the main points, but I can keep going on, I suppose)

- Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2554 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:18 am

In post 2533, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 2522, Dumb and Dumber wrote:We're obviously, undoubtedly, in a worse position right now, upon the mislynch, than we would have been if we would had just ridden the mislynch to the 1b1 today. Like we (unfortunately) burned all towncred yesterday ... for what exactly? It didn't make today any easier
How are you in a worse position now ?

If you ride with Klick to ML Pooky, you're at best at parity with Klick in 1v1 since you just came in and sheeped him.

Now you're 1v1 against Pooky who every player in the game except you had expressed a willignness to lynch on D2 and has been up for lynch now TWICE at L-1 both times. Add your vote to the wagon and this should be the easiest lynch in your life if you can just get one of the townies who wanted to lynch Pooky on D2 to join you again.
Again, you're ignoring the reality of the gamestate where people are treating pooky/dnd as a hard and tough decision. It's not at all obvious that you're an easy vote today, even though you're describing it as such.

If it's so easy, why have all of DC, Wug, and Aldu been on the fence about where they're voting?

- Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2555 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:19 am

In post 2535, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 2522, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Like this is a awful uphill battle that could have been avoided by taking the easy mislynch yesterday.
This is farcically incorrect on its face, how is it an uphill battle for you? Aldus/Wug both voted for me in D2 - do you think Klick flipping town will make them change their mind on my guilt? Regardless of which one is your scumbuddy - you only need to convince the other person to vote me and you have a packaged win right there - you don't even have to push hard - you just have to make the townie not change his mind. Also DC has voted for me on both D1 and D2 - so you just have to get him to vote me once and have your scumbuddy pounce.

The idea that this is an uphill battle for you is a joke.
Maybe look at what people are saying today vs. what they did say yesterday.

Like I'm not ignorant enough as scum to blow up my position the day before lylo in order to take a 'hard' vote instead of just riding the easy day2 vote to a medium-hard lylo vs forcing a hard vote day2 and then having another hard 1v1 in lylo

- Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2556 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:21 am

In post 2537, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I'm just going off what your other head said:
You're treating as him saying he hasn't read anything at all, which is not the case. He's saying he didn't read evreything yet, but what he did read lead him to that conclusion.

It's not like all replacements literally read the entire game before attempting to post anything; most people just read enough to become familiar and then look at other things as necessary

- Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2557 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:22 am

In post 2538, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 2522, Dumb and Dumber wrote:- I was busy IRL and wasn't around literally until now, so assigning motivations or emotions to me when I clearly have not been here is just a bit gross
Well there's 2 of you and you've had since Thursday when Klick was revealed as a townie so I don't think it's unfair to say that it hasn't been a great priority for you.

I also didn't assign an emotion to you - I said you did not have this emotion - that's an absence of something that is clear to everyone here.
I can't speak of the other head but I was literally off-site for a few days so

- Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2558 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:22 am

You know what

Wug, Aldu, DC is this helping you guys?

If it is I'll continue to go post-by-post but if it isn't I'm not going to unconvince Pooky so I'm not sure what the point is

- Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2559 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:25 am

In post 2544, DonCorleone wrote:Sure is interesting that both of you think aldus is the most likely partner for the other
In post 2546, DonCorleone wrote:I think I’ve nearly made my mind up about this game and am close to being ready to vote

I kinda just wanna run a couple of things by the people I think are town before I do/want to let this 1v1 run a little longer
Actualy I don't think that it's Aldu, I think it's Wug

Is there anything in particular you want me to address? If you're leaning towards voting us I'd like the oppurtunity to talk to you about it before you do so

Do you want me to continue the thing with Pooky? I can if the people who will be making the decision think i'ts helpful, but if they don't I don't really see the point

- Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2560 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:25 am

In post 2549, Alduskkel wrote:Just one thing that bothers me: if the scumteam is Pooky/D&D, and they NK'd Chemist because they expected Pooky to be eliminated Day 2, then why did D&D hard defend Pooky on Day 2?
Right, taht doesn't make much sense, does it?

What are you leaning towards today?

- Dumber
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2561 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:51 am

Post by DonCorleone »

So I mean like, it’s probably (DnD, pooky) right?
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2562 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:55 am

Post by DonCorleone »

I mean all the possible teams are

DnD/wug
DnD/aldus
DnD/pooky
Pooky/wug
Pooky/aldus

And I’d like to take the time to go through again and try to clear the other teams for myself logically but this just makes the most sense to me

I really doubt that pooky isn’t scum here

Pooky could maybe be scum with wug but DnD just honestly seems more likely at this point
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2563 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:57 am

It is not!

Why are you coming to the conclusion that you think it is?

I don't think yesterday makes much sense with that scumteam, and if you want to vote us first I'd like to try to convince you to, like, not since it will lose the game.

Like I very much understand why people view us as scummy after yesterday but I want to at least try to fix it by trying to get you lot to not vote us because it will lose the game and I'd feel kinda bad for bringing that outcome on all of us without at least trying to not lose in lylo.

- Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2564 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:57 am

In post 2562, DonCorleone wrote:Pooky could maybe be scum with wug
This is the universe I think we live in

- Dumber
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2565 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:07 am

Post by DonCorleone »

In post 1380, Datisi wrote:
execution
DkKoba
(4):
DonCorleone
Klick
, Wug, SleeperSoul

PookyTheMagicalBear (2):
Alduskkel,
Clover Ebi

Wug (1):
DkKoba

SleeperSoul (1):
Deimos27

not voting (1):
PookyTheMagicalBear

In post 1675, Datisi wrote:
execution
PookyTheMagicalBear (4):
Alduskkel,
Clover Ebi
Klick
DonCorleone

Clover Ebi
(3):
SleeperSoul, Wug, PookyTheMagicalBear
SleeperSoul (2):
Chemist1422
Deimos27

not voting (0):
In post 1827, Datisi wrote:
execution
Clover Ebi
(4):
SleeperSoul, Wug, PookyTheMagicalBear,
DonCorleone

PookyTheMagicalBear (4):
Alduskkel,
Clover Ebi
Klick
Deimos27

SleeperSoul (1):
Chemist1422

not voting (0):
In post 1838, Datisi wrote:
execution
Clover Ebi
(5):
DonCorleone
Deimos27

PookyTheMagicalBear (3):
Alduskkel,
Clover Ebi
Klick

SleeperSoul (1):
Chemist1422

not voting (0):
In post 2300, Datisi wrote:
execution
PookyTheMagicalBear [3]:
Klick
, Alduskkel, Wug

Klick
[2]:
Dumb and Dumber, PookyTheMagicalBear

not voting [2]:
Deimos27
DonCorleone
In post 2325, Datisi wrote:
execution
PookyTheMagicalBear [3]:
Klick
, Alduskkel, Wug
Klick
[3]:
Dumb and Dumber, PookyTheMagicalBear,
DonCorleone

not voting [1]:
Deimos27
In post 2454, Datisi wrote:
execution
Klick
[4]:
DonCorleone
Deimos27

PookyTheMagicalBear [3]:
Klick
, Alduskkel, Wug

not voting [0]:
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2566 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:08 am

Post by DonCorleone »

Oh god fucking damn it
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2567 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:09 am

Post by DonCorleone »

In post 2565, DonCorleone wrote:
In post 1380, Datisi wrote:
execution
DkKoba
(4):
DonCorleone
Klick
, Wug, SleeperSoul[/color]
PookyTheMagicalBear (2):
Alduskkel,
Clover Ebi

Wug (1):
DkKoba

SleeperSoul (1):
Deimos27

not voting (1):
PookyTheMagicalBear

In post 1675, Datisi wrote:
execution
PookyTheMagicalBear (4):
Alduskkel,
Clover Ebi
Klick
DonCorleone
[/color]
Clover Ebi
(3):
SleeperSoul, Wug, PookyTheMagicalBear
SleeperSoul (2):
Chemist1422
Deimos27

not voting (0):
In post 1827, Datisi wrote:
execution
Clover Ebi
(4):
DonCorleone

PookyTheMagicalBear (4):
Alduskkel,
Clover Ebi
Klick
Deimos27
[/color]
SleeperSoul (1):
Chemist1422

not voting (0):
In post 1838, Datisi wrote:
execution
Clover Ebi
(5):
DonCorleone
Deimos27
[/color]
PookyTheMagicalBear (3):
Alduskkel,
Clover Ebi
Klick

SleeperSoul (1):
Chemist1422

not voting (0):
In post 2300, Datisi wrote:
execution
PookyTheMagicalBear [3]:
Klick
, Alduskkel, Wug[/color]
Klick
[2]:
Dumb and Dumber, PookyTheMagicalBear

not voting [2]:
Deimos27
DonCorleone
In post 2325, Datisi wrote:
execution
PookyTheMagicalBear [3]:
Klick
, Alduskkel, Wug
Klick
[3]:
DonCorleone
[/color]

not voting [1]:
Deimos27
In post 2454, Datisi wrote:
execution
Klick
[4]:
DonCorleone
Deimos27
[/color]
PookyTheMagicalBear [3]:
Klick
, Alduskkel, Wug

not voting [0]:
Ebwop
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2568 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:10 am

DC, why kill on-wagon if it's Pooky/us?

Like what's our long-term plan here exactly?

- Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2569 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:16 am

Whatever cred we presumably get for "bussing" Pooky is canceled out by our hard defense of him yesterday. For this to be a scum bus strategy we'd have to expect people to only consider the former while disregarding the latter, which is dumb and also didn't happen anyway.
If that's the strategy we wanted to go for, we could've just done it last game day.

-Dumbass
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2570 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:18 am

If anything we'd play our strategy taking thread feedback into account if we were scum, no? What on earth was the point of all that effort yesterday if it's moot anyway?
(I know, WIFOM, but this WIFOM strat would have a much smaller payoff than the alternative)

-Dumbass
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2571 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:22 am

Post by DonCorleone »

Let’s look at the flow here. In the first VC koba (town) goes up to a 4 person wagon very quickly. I doubt that both scum risk exposure by getting in together, it just doesn’t seem that likely to me and less so right next to each other. But I do think it’s very likely that *a* scum got on, meaning scum in (wug, sleeper).

Pooky then becomes a wagon that is confirmed to be almost entirely town, while the counterwagon on clover is entirely non-confirmed slots. I doubt that aldus is bussing his buddy that hard at that point on D1 and I don’t see why the scumteam of (sleeper, wug) decides to go all in on pushing town!clover when everyone wants town!pooky dead. I think this strongly spews pooky as scum. Chemist is voting one of our unconfirmed slots the whole time and is the N1 kill.

For D2 if it’s pooky/aldus then aldus has been hardbussing non-stop ever since the coalition failed. If it’s wug!scum she bussed only on D2 knowing that after pooky went down she was almost certainly next as she was the most widely discussed partner. Seems like an odd decision to me for scum to make.

On both days, DnD!slot and pooky have been coordinated to push the execution away from pooky and onto a town slot. Yes, this leads to one of them inevitably being executed today but it then sets up an endgame of (probably) DnD, wug, aldus/me. I actually find it really weird that DnD enters today with a strong townread on me when I think they should have been at least deeply sceptical of whether I’d taken advantage of their defense of pooky to move the execution off my partner to klick, but instead they tried to go down the argument that scum had to be bussing pooky yesterday — why? Because if not then that’s also incredibly incriminating for them today
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2572 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:24 am

Post by DonCorleone »

In post 2569, Dumb and Dumber wrote:If that's the strategy we wanted to go for, we could've just done it last game day.
No, you wouldn’t, because it would ask huge questions about your continued presence in 3p lylo had we already had one scumflip on wagon and were we then operating under the assumption the other scum was off
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2573 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:31 am

I can't speak for what's happened prior to before we repped in, obviously.

I agree that it's unlikely that aldu decided to hardbus all game, which is why I think that it's not him.
Out of the three slots, on play, I think that you're the most townie, so I think it's unlikely you're partneed with him.

That just leaves wug. I don't know what scum were thinking wrt the Chemist kill, I think it's a poor kill in a setup like this. My best gues is that they figured Pooky was going down anyways and they wanted Wug to capitalize on that via bussing him day2, so limiting the potential scum slots on wagon wouldn't matter as much, and they just thought he was the hardest slot to vote out.

I think the deliberately tying myself to my partner and then attempting to bodily force the wagon away from him, all while setting myself up for a situation where I'd be suspicious until endgame is a really, really silly game plan when I can think of several other ways to play the game that wouldn't have landed me in such a tricky spot.

From my pov, Pooky is confscum, so my goal is to find which of the 3 of you makes the most sense as a partner. I think that Wug makes the most sense.

- Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2574 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:32 am

In post 2571, DonCorleone wrote:On both days, DnD!slot and pooky have been coordinated to push the execution away from pooky and onto a town slot. Yes, this leads to one of them inevitably being executed today but it then sets up an endgame of (probably) DnD, wug, aldus/me.
This is just such a bad/short-sighted way to play this as scum since deliberately putting yourself in the spotlight like this for two days of lylo seems silly to me when it could have just been avoided altogether.

- Dumber

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”