Micro 953: Treestump Express [Game Over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
pighawk
pighawk
Goon
pighawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:47 pm

Post by pighawk »

In post 240, Hoptic wrote:
In post 212, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:pretty sure if we lynch pighawk we win outright as town
Hectic keeps sending me vaguely threatening letters reminding me I haven't posted in a while. That's probably because I still agree with this.

-Ho
In post 242, Hoptic wrote:Hey Shrek, how are you feeling about Alice now- post 110? It sounds like you both at least somewhat scumread her and she jumps out more as obvtown to us and I think a few other people.

Pooky I've moved from vague suspicions to a reasonable townread. Post 80 is what did it which is kind of odd since it was all RP, but it I liked the smell of it anyway.

-H
In post 276, Hoptic wrote:Egix, what would you say is your strongest scumread at this point and why?

You seemed more inquisitive and proactive in your last town game regarding reads.

~Hecti
these post ~feel~ Scummy to me. They are carrying on engaging with a wide swath of players, askning questions but there’s never really lead to feet in the fire, especially on egix.
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:50 pm

Post by Hoptic »

I think everyone in the game must've been mass prodded. I'm pretty busy today but I expect 20 pages of quality content by the time I return.

~Hec
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:53 pm

Post by Hoptic »

Oh, that's a lot of pedits lul. My phone had the couple day old page loaded. Regardless, can't actually catch up until tomorrow probably. I'll see if I can tag Hop in.

~Hect
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:56 pm

Post by Hoptic »

pighawk, you're confbiasing in that PageTop. That's perfectly valid scumhunting and not *pushing* your opinions and asking for votes isn't something that's scummy. Look for things that are scummy, not how everything could potentially be
interpreted
as scummy.

~Hecti
pighawk
pighawk
Goon
pighawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:28 am

Post by pighawk »

Oh please do tell how 240, 242 and 246 are scumhunting.
pighawk
pighawk
Goon
pighawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:18 am

Post by pighawk »

In post 669, chkflip wrote:Some things never have to change.

You were fun to play with back then, Pro.

What happened?

:lol:
I'm in a hydra... it... mellow you down a bit :lol:

~Hawk
pighawk
pighawk
Goon
pighawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:20 am

Post by pighawk »

Does anyone else find it strange that a hydra keeps melding the Hawk and Pig opinions into one? Or the fact that a hydra with two players gets prodded?

~Hawk
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:52 am

Post by Egix96 »

Meow?
pighawk
pighawk
Goon
pighawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:03 am

Post by pighawk »

In post 681, pighawk wrote:Does anyone else find it strange that a hydra keeps melding the Hawk and Pig opinions into one? Or the fact that a hydra with two players gets prodded?

~Hawk
The scum in this 3p is going to try and fit in as hard as possible. So if the two town don’t post the scum won’t. It’s incumbent on the two town players to set the pace. And of course more words are better.
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:08 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 683, pighawk wrote:
In post 681, pighawk wrote:Does anyone else find it strange that a hydra keeps melding the Hawk and Pig opinions into one? Or the fact that a hydra with two players gets prodded?

~Hawk
The scum in this 3p is going to try and fit in as hard as possible. So if the two town don’t post the scum won’t. It’s incumbent on the two town players to set the pace. And of course more words are better.
yee

that’s why I’m inclined to lean towards chk town because he doesn’t seem like he’s trying to blend in
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
pighawk
pighawk
Goon
pighawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:22 am

Post by pighawk »

In post 648, pighawk wrote:in The end it came down to limiting information. We picked the two least vocal players and me. I went in instead of chem for wifom. I think that was basically what it boiled down to.

Hawk?
For me it came down to choosing two other people who were similar in who read who in the state of the game. I was pretty universally town-read, therefore didn't want to go in with other people who were pretty heavily scum-read or I would have stuck out heavily and then the question "Why is he in with these people" would have to be answered.... I also couldn't put myself in with other town-reads because of twilight essential clears...

This would only make sense if you read the previous treestump game.

~Hawk
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:50 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

im actually leaning towards hoptic scum now
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:56 am

Post by Hoptic »

My lean is chemist sucm at 65-35 at this point I think.

I feel like Hectic meta makes our slot look fairly obvtown, not that I'm going to tell him what I think these are.

-Hopk
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:04 am

Post by Hoptic »

Taking a hydra to this lylo seems like a bad idea mechanically for a scum hydra to make.

Personally I'd say banking on wifom is such a bad way to win. No reason anyone takes Shrek/Alice/Pooky into the lylo. Several people have said 'scum would consider Alice' but she was a UTR except from I think 1 person? Shrek/Pooky also were scumread by nobody I think? Endgame was always going to be 2 out of what we've got/scum that died/sherlock. Feels fairly likely we're here just because scum know we'd be active if we weren't picked & nobody had expressed a townread on us d1/a few had expressed scumreads. We also have scumreads on both of the two other slots pulled in, so mafia know they can potentially sway us either way.

From that last perspective chemist less likely scum since didn't try to appeal to us?

-Hop
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:04 am

Post by Hoptic »

Egix dropped off on activity around when the Pig wagon became definite so it feels like scum were just banking on that then planning to kill Egix. Checking wagon for equity

-Ho
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:06 am

Post by Hoptic »

Oh yeah, neither on to that point. Chemist avoiding the wagon feels like it makes more scum sense.

-Ho
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:09 am

Post by Hoptic »

I feel like Egix knows they get lynched if they stump us or go into endgame with us so not sure how much value we get out of considering them killing the other partner.

Chemist Egix push is at a better time - putting on parity before the L1 throw happened.

-H
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:11 am

Post by Hoptic »

In post 454, Hoptic wrote:Either Chkflip is really sharing a wavelength here readswise (Alice, Pooky, Shrek, maybe Chemist) or they're setting things up for later.

@Chkflip- what are your thoughts on the people you haven't townread?

-Hopkir

A big part of my lean toward Chk town when I started was because I'm not convinced Chkflip would do exactly what I expected scum-Chk to do here and take us in.

-Ho
SherlockHolmes
SherlockHolmes
Goon
SherlockHolmes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:16 am

Post by SherlockHolmes »

Sorry, I’m kind of prodging because I haven’t had a chance to go back through yet

My initial impression would be that optically chkflip is the most scummy, followed by Chemist, followed by hoptic

But then because of that I sort of feel like hoptic is the most scummy, followed by chkflip, followed by chem
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:16 am

Post by Hoptic »

I'm still not sure about how quickly Chkflip townpiled my top 3 townreads, maybe he's just really good?

Either way they were killing Egix there imo, which explains the lack of quickhammer by either. Egix seems bad for scum to take into endgame for scum here.
In post 520, chkflip wrote:Mmm gaslighting. That's cute.

Click my username.

Click to see my threads.

Pick literally any game I've been in this year.

Do you know what you'll see?

Chemist knows.

See you D2.
What was this talking about?

-Hop
SherlockHolmes
SherlockHolmes
Goon
SherlockHolmes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:17 am

Post by SherlockHolmes »

Chemist had a good point, I think, about the fact that basically any slot in the game would look good compared to egix in lylo, so putting chkflip in could just be wifom because he looked very scummy from the end of day — but if the alternative was egix, he looks much better
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:21 am

Post by Hoptic »

In post 654, Chemist1422 wrote:
In post 652, pighawk wrote:Chem, what’s your current read?

If you were scum, who would you put in 3p and why?
Alice and Hoptic maybe just as the less townclear slots

Maybe chk instead of hoptic
You don't think Alice was obvtown then?
In post 684, Chemist1422 wrote:
In post 683, pighawk wrote:

~Hawk
yee

that’s why I’m inclined to lean towards chk town because he doesn’t seem like he’s trying to blend in
How exactly do we blend in? Went hard on Pig and were very visible in the thread because of 'humor'. Can't say we were remotely under the radar.

-Hopk
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:24 am

Post by Hoptic »

Have I said I hate how Chemist actively avoided engaging with the Pig wagon? That's a big bit of why he's leaning further scum.
In post 104, Chemist1422 wrote:
In post 97, Hoptic wrote:How come you haven't made a single comment on my scumread?
how come you haven't made a single comment on your scumread?

you just voted and said you were happy without it without reasoning or even an indication it was serious
Refusing to comment on Pig here and trying to turn it around with a 'whataboutyou'. Whataboutism in generally is deflection and isn't a genuine way of engaging. My follow up wasn't responded to with any thoughts on Pig. Feels like Chemist made a very active decision not to take a stance.
In post 457, Chemist1422 wrote:VOTE: Alice

Post towards pighawk looks like a towncred grab given that they were already voting PH
Only other mention of Pig in any meaningful way. I don't see how town is semi-active in that gamestate and says absolutely nothing about it?

-Hopk
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:26 am

Post by Hoptic »

@Any stump request: I really don't have time for meta. Could one of the treestumps look through Chemist's games and see how they normally react to lylos? They took a pretty quick stance this game and it'd be helpful to know if this is alignment indicative for them.

-Hopki
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:27 am

Post by Hoptic »

I'm leaning 65-35 Chemist after the reread, but that's a higher 65 than the one I said earlier which was probably more like a 55-60. Still not enough that I'm super happy with it. Want to hear more from both and from the stumps

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”