Mafia 23: Siege of San Quida - Game over!

sycko999
sycko999
Goon
sycko999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:48 pm

Post by sycko999 »

Well wasn't he the only one that didn't claim? Investagating Corsato would have been no use.
Vote:FD
[color=green][size=75]"Only now, do you realize the folly of your follies. Prepare for oblivion, for which there is no preparation!" - O'Malley.[/size][/color]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:09 am

Post by Dasquian »

Votes!

Flying Dutchman - 4 (Yoko Kurama, spork76, Cubsfan4life, sycko999)
Not voting - 3 (Flying Dutchman, Tigris, meaning of life 42)

Following Yoko Kurama's lead, the citizens of San Quida quickly mob Flying Dutchman, slipping his head in a noose before he can utter a single word. As he is hoisted skywards, fitting violently and turning an unpleasant colour, he drops his fluffy white Persian cat (which, as everyone now recalls, has been on his lap for the last 7 days), his monocle falls to the ground and shatters, and a control pad with a big ominous red button it falls from his back pocket. Someone unwisely presses it, but nothing seems to happen.

Yes folks, Flying Dutchman was the
Evil Genius
, a diabolical mastermind intent on world domination, starting right here in sleepy San Quida. Each night he could execute a victim of his choice in a suitably psychotic fashion, though his narcissistic nature was always a liability, forcing him to applaud his masterful choice of victim the following morning.

And with that, the citizens of San Quida relax - it appears that everyone who meant them ill has met their maker. Some of the Dragon Phoenix pizzas are still left in the fridge, so everyone helps themselves to a slice, and a glass of bubbly. Approximately 3 minutes later, Flying Dutchman's mountain lair completes its self-destruct sequence, exploding spectacularly - the last remnant of evil in San Quida finally erased... or is it?

Game over, Town wins! Congrats :)

I'll post full role descs and choices later, but in short, the remaining players were a cop (Yoko), doctor (Tigris), generic backup no. 2 (sycko999 - the first backup was Morpheus), special interaction with the thief (spork76 - pretty useless after Dragon Phoenix died) and two townies (mol42 and Cubs).
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:18 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Ugh! Lynching me before I even get online......

I didn't stand a chance anyway :(

Good job, town, though!
meaning of life 42
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
Ritalin Boi

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:26 am

Post by meaning of life 42 »

ohhh! ohh!
Vote FD!
he's an evil genius! hey, look at that, i win! :mrgreen:
sry i wasn't on to see the death, i was helping my parnets move furniture and help paint walls. sry. good job town! :mrgreen:
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:28 am

Post by Phoebus »

yay town.

~the first martyr~ ;)
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:30 am

Post by Dasquian »

I've never seen a mafia so quickly demolished... one night-killed and another inspected on night 1, and a third lining themselves up to be lynched by defending the person who'd been inspected. I really felt for Uraj, and gashlycrumb/FD too, when they were up against the town with nigh-impossible odds. :)
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
JDTAY
JDTAY
n00b hoser
JDTAY
n00b hoser
n00b hoser

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:36 am

Post by JDTAY »

w00t! JD is now 3 for 3 since his return. Will he ever lose?
sycko999
sycko999
Goon
sycko999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:19 am

Post by sycko999 »

Whoohoo I cast the last vote on mafia in two games.
[color=green][size=75]"Only now, do you realize the folly of your follies. Prepare for oblivion, for which there is no preparation!" - O'Malley.[/size][/color]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:28 am

Post by Dasquian »

OK, here are all the roles and what they did!

Mafia Godfather (Uraj45)
Mafia Goons x 3 (PopsicleStix, Carmine, bigbenwd)
You are the Mafia! Uraj45, you are the
Mafia Godfather
- you appear good to cops and are responsible for PMing in the night choice of who to kill every night. PopsicleStix, Carmine and bigbenwd, you are standard
Mafia Goons
. The four of you must decide who to kill each night, and you win when everyone else is dead. Good luck!

Evil Genius (gashlycrumb)
You are the
Evil Genius
, a maniac intent on world domination! Each night you must tell me who you want to kill, with a suitably Bond-villainesque method of death. You win when everyone else is dead - well, nearly everyone. Green Crayons is your
Henchman
, and although you cannot communicate at night and she is unaware of your identity, she has the same win conditions as you and as long as she is alive, you will be unkillable at night and will appear good to cops.

There's a catch, however. As a narcisstic egomaniac... maniac, you can't help but afford yourself a little joke at the expense of the town. At least once each day, you must indirectly pat yourself on the back by giving your own actions as a killer credit. You must express tactical approval of the choice of victim, or otherwise compliment the play of the killer. You are excused from this posting requirement on days when your target survives the night :)

Good luck!

If the Evil Genius gets lynched, the Henchman will take control of their Death Ray, and become a standard SK who can only kill on non-consecutive nights (the laser is charging every other night).

Henchman (Green Crayons)
You are the
Henchman
, a loyal servant to the town's resident
Evil Genius
. You don't know their identity, but they know yours, and you must help them take over the world by ensuring the death of everyone else in the town. As long as you are alive, the Evil Genius is immune to night-kills and will appear innocent to cops. You have no night choices. Good luck!

Medic (Tigris)
You are the
Medic
. You have a first-aid kit, so every night you must PM me with who you wish to protect, and you will negate one attempt on their life that night. You win when all anti-town roles are dead. Good luck!

Sleuth (Yoko Kurama)
You are the
Sleuth
. You have your grandfather's priceless magnifying lens, and each night you must PM me with whose residence you wish to sniff around, looking for Clues. I will tell you if they are good or evil. You win when all anti-town roles are dead. Good luck!

Cop (NanookTheWolf/spork76)
You are the
Cop
- though, not the kind who finds out whether people are good or evil, oh no. Your applications to homicide have been rejected for years due to your total inability to detect a mafioso even when he's munching pizza while reloading his tommy-gun, so you're just on the beat each night, looking for crime of a less violent nature. Every night, you must PM me with whose residence you wish to patrol. If there's a break-in, you will be told the name of the thief and put them in jail for the night. You win when all anti-town roles are dead. Good luck!

If the cop targets the same person as the Thief, he will learn who the Thief is, and protect them for the night. The Cop catches the Thief in the act, so they won't steal anything that night.

Thief (Dragon Phoenix)
You are the
Thief
, a local wastrel and petty criminal. Each night, you must PM me with whose residence you wish to burglarise, taking any valuables they may have. Despite your kleptomaniac tendencies, you're a good soul at heart and if you could only find some direction in life you might give up on your crime spree. You win when all anti-town roles are dead. Good luck!

If the thief targets the Medic, Sleuth, Beneficiary or Retired Burglar, they will steal their item and swap roles. The Thief's victims will be told that they were broken into even if they didn't lose anything. Theft occurs after investigations/protections and before killings. Yeah, I know it doesn't make chronological sense :)

Beneficiary (Morpheus)
You are the
Beneficiary
. Your rich uncle died not too long ago, and you inherited his fortune of $100,000, which you wisely keep in a shoe box under your bed. If anything nice comes up for auction, you might just blow all your cash on it, because you're that sort of guy. You have no night choices, and win when all anti-town roles are dead. Good luck!

Basically, backup role number one. He will automatically buy the first-aid kit or magnifying lens and assume the role after they die. It will be announced that the item went up for auction and were bought for $100,000. In the case that both Sleuth and Medic die in the night, he gets to make the choice during the following day.

Retired Burglar (KingEnigma/sycko999)
You are the
Retired Thief
. In your younger years, you used to terrorise the neighbourhood, taking anything that took your fancy. Now you've turned a new leaf, and keep your crime money of $80,000 at the bottom of your wardrobe. Perhaps if you could spend your cash for the good of the community, to atone for your sins, you will. Let's see what happens! You have no night choices, and win when all anti-town roles are dead. Good luck!

Backup role number two. Same mechanics, and gets whatever the Beneficiary doesn't.

Townie x 8 (dragonmaster, mlaker/meaning of life 42, FrogGurl, Phoebus, Yanqush, discer/Corsato, JDTAY, Cubsfan4life)
You're just a plain old
Townie
. You have no night actions, and you win when all anti-town roles are dead. Good luck!

And here are the choices people made:

Night 1

Medic (Tigris) protects Dragon Phoenix
Sleuth (Yoko Kurama) inspects Carmine, and finds that she is evil
Cop (NanookTheWolf) patrols Phoebus' house, but doesn't see anything
Thief (Dragon Phoenix) burglarises bigbenwd, but doesn't find anything of value
Evil Genius (gashlycrumb) kills bigbenwd. "He should be dressed in a ridiculous, furry mouse costume and fed to my giant boa constrictor."
Mafia kill Phoebus

Night 2

Medic (Tigris) protects Yoko Kurama
Sleuth (Yoko Kurama) inspects gashlycrumb, and incorrectly finds that she is good
Cop (NanookTheWolf) patrols Green Crayons' house, but doesn't see anything
Thief (Dragon Phoenix) burglarises FrogGurl, but doesn't find anything of value
Evil Genius (gashlycrumb) kills FrogGurl. "I send one of my hired men, (a short, stout, curious old fellow with white whiskers and a thick german accent) to FrogGurl's house. My man shall arrive on appointment to tune FrogGurl's piano. Once inside the house, he shall garrotte her with piano wire."
Mafia kill Morpheus

Night 3

Sleuth (Yoko Kurama) inspects Dragon Phoenix, and finds that he is good
Cop (NanookTheWolf) patrols gashlycrumb's house, but doesn't see anything
Thief (Dragon Phoenix) burglarises no one, paranoid that he is a schitzophrenic maniac :D
Evil Genius (gashlycrumb) kills JDTAY. "please send JDTAY on a tropical holiday and feed him to piranhas."
Mafia kill Green Crayons

Night 4

Sleuth (Yoko Kurama) inspects KingEnigma, and finds that he is good
Cop (NanookTheWolf) fails to submit a choice and does nothing
Thief (Dragon Phoenix) burglarises dragonmaster, but doesn't find anything of value
Evil Genius (gashlycrumb) kills Dragon Phoenix. "perhaps make sausage of him? something appropriate to local italian cuisine."

Night 5

Medic (Tigris) fails to submit a choice and does nothing
Sleuth (Yoko Kurama) inspects Cubsfan4life, and finds that he is good
Cop (spork76) patrols mlaker's house, but doesn't seen anything
Evil Genius (gashlycrumb) fails to submit a choice and does nothing

Night 6

Sleuth (Yoko Kurama) fails to submit a choice and does nothing
Cop (spork76) fails to submit a choice and does nothing
Evil Genius (Flying Dutchman) kills Yoko Kurama, but fails because Tigris is protecting him "I want to attempt a kill on Yoko Kurama by poisoning his drink. (What's that poison Bond usually uses called? I wanna use that!)"

Night 7

Medic (Tigris) protects sycko999
Sleuth (Yoko Kurama) inspects Flying Dutchman and finds that he is evil
Cop (spork76) patrols Yoko Kurama's house, but doesn't see anything
Evil Genius (Flying Dutchman) kills Corsato, with a single shot through the head
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:36 am

Post by Dasquian »

I was kind of disappointed how this game panned out, with the mafia getting so totally annihilated at the start of the game, but it was nobody's fault - just goes to show what can happen to your game no matter how balanced you think your setup is! :) After it was down to just the Evil Genius, the town were so clearly dominant with variety of powerful roles still alive that it was inevitable it was going to be a long-drawn out ending with only one likely outcome.

I was very amused that Dragon Phoenix was spooked enough into not using his ability on night 3 due to coincidentally picking the same targets as the Evil Genius on nights 1 and 2 ;) Thanks for playing everyone, and special thankyous to the various replacements who helped keep things moving!
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:17 pm

Post by Cadmium »

::sorting threads::
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”