Mini 2308 | Blood over Utopia | Utopia fell.

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2550 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:23 am

Post by Alianna »

Speaking of odds, this has been my FOURTEENTH TOWNGAME IN A ROW. WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 23
On hiatus from playing mafia.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #2551 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:24 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 2549, Hu Tao wrote: Kudos to enchant for the end game strategy!
Btw, you missed at least two occasions to autowin:
  • During D3, you could send a Gift to a citizen, and then Morph it to Sacrifice or Injunction.
  • During D4, you could hammer Enchant when there were only 2 votes on him, then you had 2 kills at night and would have won.
Last edited by biancospino on Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2552 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:27 am

Post by Enchant »

... Okay i change my mind, it's insanely scumsided.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #2553 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:27 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I feel like it's less townsided if town sacrifices early and often
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2554 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:29 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

I completely forgot about the gift tbh and didn't know it could be sabotaged
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2555 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:30 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 2555, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: I completely forgot about the gift tbh and didn't know it could be sabotaged
But, I esplicitly told you in the PT the one time it was relevant N1 :/
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2556 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:31 am

Post by Enchant »

I remembered gift as something we can poison or tweak.

Then i forgot about it.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2557 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:31 am

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

if scum dont tmi slip it is somewhat scumsided
master at being scum(my)
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2558 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:32 am

Post by biancospino »

Yeah, 4:9 may not have been the correct ratio. It was balanced like a Nightless plus but probably the scum was quite more powerful than accounted for
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2559 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:48 am

Post by biancospino »

setup
Spoiler: mech
  • 9:4, no power roles.
  • Each Day, Town votes for up to two actions from a list. It's a plurality vote.
  • Each action has a cost. The Town starts each day with a $60,000 budget (this value can be increased in various ways)
  • Some actions have targets. If one such action is selected, the players who voted for it are added to a PT overnight to decide the targets.
  • The scum has no factional NK. Instead, they have the following factional abilities:
    • apply a modifier from a list to an action (sabotage). Each modifier can only be used once, and has a cost.
    • kill a player; this costs $120,000.
  • scum may not kill more than once per night, and may not ever kill more than once per two sabotages.
  • scum start with 0$, but gain all money that the Town spends, gain $60,000 each Day that the town does nothing, and gain $20,000 each day that the town do only one action.
  • the town is not informed of the scum factional abilities. They are informed of how the scum get their money.
  • no action can be selected by the Town more than twice or more than once in two consecutive days.
  • some actions are classed as "developments"; those generally unlocks new actions. Only one development can be selected per day, and no development can be selected more than once. Developments can't be sabotaged.
  • some actions are investigatives. Their results are public, unless specified otherwise.
  • players may vote in private for a GiftVendor action in addition to everything else, that does nothing, but can be sabotaged. Scum will be only told whether or not a Gift will be vended at all.

Spoiler: Full Billboard
BILLBOARD
Billboard

Investigatives
  • Intelligentia ($10,000)
    -- discover number of Insurgents
  • Autopsy ($10,000)
    -- discover alignment of a dead target.
  • Inquiry ($40,000)
    -- discover if the mod has ever lied.
  • Census ($50,000)
    -- discover if, among five targets, exactly two are Insurgents. This project can't be bought unless 8 players are alive and at most one Insurgent is dead.
  • *Wiretap ($20,000)
    -- discover how many posts were made in the Insurgents' PT the last Day and the last Night.
  • *Torture ($40,000)
    -- torture target. Insurgent will always confess, but innocent Utopians also have a 25% chance of confessing just to escape the supplice.
  • *Recount ($60,000)
    -- discover if there were one or more Insurgent on the wagon for the last execution.
  • **Parity Check ($50,000)
    -- discover if two Utopians have the same alignment.
  • **Audit ($70,000)
    -- discover exactly how many Insurgent voted target Utopian (alive or dead) yesterday.
Voting Manipulation

N.B.: all effects that would set vote weight to two or more, or that would grant extra votes to single Utopians, are disabled if the number of living Citizens is less than two greater than the number of living Insurgents.
  • Mayor election ($10,000)
    -- one Utopian is elected Mayor, and their vote (both for execution and for projects) is worth one-and-a-half for the rest of the game. The Mayor can be deposed during Days if a simple majority agrees. If a new Mayor is elected, the previous one is deposed.
  • Election Security ($10,000)
    -- tomorrow, there will be no voting tricks (all vote weights will be one, secret extra votes won't count, etc.)
  • Appointed Jury ($20,000)
    -- 3 targets Utopians get a PT during the next Day to decide for an extra shared vote to cast for execution.
  • Injunction ($30,000)
    -- the vote for execution of target Utopian will be worth only one-half tomorrow. This project can only be bought if there are at least 5 players.
  • *Copying Pencil ($10,000)
    -- tomorrow, players may not unvote or change their votes.
  • *Investiture ($40,000)
    -- target Utopian's vote for execution is worth double tomorrow.
  • *Evil Eye ($50,000)
    -- if target Utopian is an Insurgent, they will be cursed, and thus require one fewer vote to be executed tomorrow.
  • **Cangaroo Court ($40,000)
    -- tomorrow, each player may vote for two different players, and there will be up to two executions.
  • **Pardon ($60,000)
    -- if tomorrow's executee is a Citizen, they are pardoned.
Miscellanea
  • Sacrifice ($0)
    -- if target Utopian is not an Insurgent, they die and town gets $20,000 more in tomorrow's budget.
  • Raffle ($10,000)
    -- 50% chance that a random Citizen gets a fruit.
  • Neighborhood Watch ($20,000)
    -- tomorrow, Insurgents have no daytalk.
  • Marriage ($20,000)
    -- two Utopians are united in marriage (if any of them is already married, they divorce first). They gain access to a Spouses' PT. When one of them dies for any reason, the other dies of a broken hearth.
  • *Communal Complex ($20,000)
    -- three Utopians are assigned to a communal living space, thus gaining a Neighborhood PT.
  • *Hero Training ($30,000)
    -- if target Utopian is not an Insurgent, they receive specialized fighting training, thus becoming able to kill in retaliation when they die for any reason.
  • *Transparency ($30,000)
    -- for the rest of the game, the logs of the overnight Council PTs will be made public.
  • **Pumpkin Festival ($0)
    -- this night, each Utopian may send an anonimous message to another Utopian, and a message to the Journal to publish anonimously.
  • **Harvest Gala ($60,000)
    -- tomorrow, players group themselves in couples (players may invite others to a dance, the invitee may accept or decline; at the end of Day, all missing couples are formed at random; on odds, one remains lone). At twilight, it will be announced how many couples were of uneven alignments
Developments
  • Bureau of Investigations ($20,000)
    -- unlocks more investigative projects.
  • *Inquisition Headquarters ($30,000)
    -- unlocks even more investigative projects.
  • Board of Elections ($10,000)
    -- unlocks more voting manipulation projects.
  • *Electoral Tribunal ($20,000)
    -- unlocks even more voting manipulation projects.
  • Guildhall ($20,000)
    -- unlocks more miscellanea projects
  • *Artificer's Workshop ($30,000)
    -- unlocks even more miscellanea projects.
  • Trading Outpost ($20,000)
    -- ups the daily budget to $70,000.
  • *Merchant Network ($30,000)
    -- ups the daily budget to $90,000.
  • Printing Press ($20,000)
    -- the Journal will also publish a page detailing future projects, hinting at currently locked higher-tier actions.
  • *Newspaper Agency ($30,000)
    -- the Journal will also publish insider reports hinting at whatever shady activity is happening. Due to the difficulty of researching for such pieces, the columnists will produce those with a delay of two full cycles.
  • Assassination ($60,000)
    -- Kill target Utopian with no flip. This action is guaranteed to go through exactly as planned.

Spoiler: List of sabotages
  • Percent ($0)

Insurgents have been issued prototype AX-[REDACTED], that alters the quantum structure of local spacetime to slightly worsen luck, thus causing any one project to fail with a probability of 1/3.

• Infiltrated ($10,000)

The targets of the sabotaged action will be broadcasted to the Insurgents.

• Delayed ($20,000)

The sabotaged action will mysteriously require more work than estimated, so that its completion must be delayed one night.

• Overcosted ($20,000)

The sabotaged action will prove costlier than estimated by one-half. The excessive cost will be paid at dawn.

• Naive ($50,000)

The sabotaged action will find it hard to detect any wrongdoing, so that it essentially treats everyone as innocents. This may requires some well-placed bribes.

• Cynic ($70,000)

An increased climate of paranoia will cause the sabotaged action to treat everyone as guilty of high crimes against the cult.

• Noxious ($80,000)

One of the targets of the sabotaged action will be poisoned. The poison is fast acting, lethal and there is no antidote, so the victim will die at the end of the next day; however, it is not overly subtle, and the victim will surely notice the symptoms.

• Redirected ($50,000)

The sabotaged action will target whomever the Insurgent decide, instead of the targets chosen by the Town.

• Morphed ($60,000)

Due to a ''miscommunication'' with external companies tasked to help with the project, the sabotaged action will be replaced with another action chosen by the Insurgence (that action must have the same amount of targets and must not be a vital development, as codified in addendum §1).
The following three sabotage options require a Bureau of Investigation to have been built.
  • Confused ($70,000)

Due to a corruption in the protocols of the Town's own Inquisition, the sabotaged action, provided that it is investigative, will be guaranteed to produce false results.

• Amnesiac ($20,000)

The investigative results of the sabotaged action will be broadcast to the Insurgence, and will not be published by the Journal.

• Private ($30,000)

The investigative results of the sabotaged action will not be published by the Journal, and instead will be delivered privately to each citizen of Utopia (including the Insurgents). The Insurgence may intercept one of those messages and alter it before sending it back.
The following two sabotage options require a Board of Elections to have been built.
  • Fraudulent ($20,000)

The targets of the sabotaged action will receive a fraudulent ballot for the execution vote of the next day. Those ballots may be used to cast an additional, secret vote, but only if there are at least two members of the Town more than Insurgents.

• Injurious ($40,000)

The targets of the sabotaged action will be publicly defamed and will require one fewer vote to be executed tomorrow.
The following two sabotage options require a Guildhall to have been built.
  • Defaulting ($30,000)

The external companies tasked to help with the project will all conveniently fail to provide the agreed work, thus causing the sabotaged action to fail tout-court, and its cost to be reimbursed upon the Town.

• Lobbied ($30,000)

A lobbying campaign will convince the Town to undertake the sabotaged action again the following night, and to pay its costs again in full. Citizens that voted for that action to be undertaken this night will be forced to vote for it again.

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2560 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:52 am

Post by SirCakez »

GG scum played a great game I was baffled from start to finish
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2561 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:57 am

Post by biancospino »

Btw, the reason the gift is there is to avoid there being a breaking strategy for town of just never buying anything (and forcing scum to do the same or be executed). Then there would be nothing to sabotage and so they would never have a kill regardless of money; 4:9 vanilla nightless would likely be very townsided. The gift serves as a useless thing that can always be there if a thing to sabotage is needed
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2562 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:28 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 2547, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 2534, biancospino wrote: For now, I want to say that the game wasn't supposed to end this way; I meant for a n:n situation with no voting manipulation in play to result in a scum win, but I have messed up the wincons, sorry.
I wouldn't feel too bad. The setup was still fun, and I also really enjoyed the flavor

Thanks for modding!
honestly, the surprise extra day where we got to kill one scum was really funny and fun, I'm glad it went that way!

Great game, bianco! Flavor was *chefs kiss*

Amazing job, scum! You deserved the win!!
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2563 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:30 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 2551, Alianna wrote: Speaking of odds, this has been my FOURTEENTH TOWNGAME IN A ROW. WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?
We need to go to Vegas together, you've got some kind of RNG power!
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2564 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:32 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 2559, biancospino wrote: Yeah, 4:9 may not have been the correct ratio. It was balanced like a Nightless plus but probably the scum was quite more powerful than accounted for
yeah, it might just be a numbers tweak. Honestly, it was so fun though, trying to figure out how scum got money, what projects to take...
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #2565 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:34 am

Post by Alianna »

In post 2563, Merlyn wrote:
In post 2547, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 2534, biancospino wrote: For now, I want to say that the game wasn't supposed to end this way; I meant for a n:n situation with no voting manipulation in play to result in a scum win, but I have messed up the wincons, sorry.
I wouldn't feel too bad. The setup was still fun, and I also really enjoyed the flavor

Thanks for modding!
honestly, the surprise extra day where we got to kill one scum was really funny and fun, I'm glad it went that way!

Great game, bianco! Flavor was *chefs kiss*

Amazing job, scum! You deserved the win!!
Yes, I loved the flavour. Deserves a Paperback Writer nom imo if anyone's got time to write one.
I townread Alianna.

Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2566 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:49 am

Post by Merlyn »

Just read the Deal with the Devil hydra thread and it was a delight- you two are so much fun to play with and I enjoy seeing how your minds work behind the scenes. Also did not know that Alianna had submitted the 'meowderous cats' article and I want you to know that when it came out, I agonized that there was some mechanic telling me it was CSF or Meow as scum lol.
In post 226, Doctor Drew wrote: Welp, at least I can hang my hat on being correct on FL and enchant lol.

I really hope Merlyn is scum, will be the only thing to make me feel good.

Also, we need to run back this hydra again......we need a proper game together.
Aww, I'm sorry Drew, I can be scum then.

Someday we will grow past our traditional dance of being delighted to see each other in a game then immediately attempting to yeet them. Probably. We will probably grow past it.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2567 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:00 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

It kinda sucked that both Alianna and I both were not there too much at end game, we totally had some game saving strategy that would have fucked those scum butts...... tota hero play I tell ya.

But seriously, GG.....but this game had me flipping over a desk or two lol.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #2568 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:02 am

Post by Alianna »

The cat article was actually a reference to one of my first games on site.
RCEnigma wrote:Guys, listen, I can explain EVERYTHING.
RCEnigma wrote:It was the cats man. They just wouldn't give up! "Meuwder! Meuwder! MEUWDER!"

ALL NIGHT ALL DAY! Their bloodlust, it's insatiable!

They only think about one thing and it's disgusting..........

Homicide.
RCEnigma wrote:So I was sitting at home right? Minding my business, like a good townie.

In steps Isis "howdy partner" (that's her jailkeeper voice)
"Mind if I .... Take a look around?"

At this point I start to sweat. I think she notices the 17 food bowls on my kitchen floor. I can feel the eyes piercing me from every corner of the room. Some high, some low.

"What can I do for you this fine night?" It takes a minute but I finally stammer out a coherent sentence.

"Quite a.....full house you've got here."

Isis pays my question no mind as she toes one of the food bowls.

"They aren't here I swear! I was cat sitting for one day but ....but they're all gone! I promise!"

The sweat is starting to get into my eyes, I wipe them on my sleeve but the sting still sticks. My vision is blurry but I think I see one of the shadows move across the room.

"Well.....That's good to hear" Isis spits back. "Then I guess you won't mind if I..........pspspspspspspspspsps."

It was over in an instant. I could barely hear Isis' gurgling over the cacophony of hisses and claws shredding skin. Oh my God it was awful.

I looked down at the blood staining my shirt and there staring back up at me from my feet. A pair of the coldest eyes man has ever encountered, purring contently to themselves. As if to warn me .... I could be next.
I townread Alianna.

Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #2569 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:06 am

Post by Alianna »

RCE, how dare you let the cats destroy our beautiful Utopia.
I townread Alianna.

meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2570 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:15 am

Post by meowmeow »

gg, thx bianco
try as you might, you continue to be yourself.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2571 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:18 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 2571, meowmeow wrote: gg, thx bianco
Ausuka we will always be frog friends even when you defect to the cat side
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2572 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:19 am

Post by meowmeow »

i can be a frog and a cat at the same time! i think
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2573 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:23 am

Post by meowmeow »

i have only one question

why did snivy send me a prod

wtf snivy
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #2574 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:24 am

Post by Alianna »

In post 2573, meowmeow wrote: i can be a frog and a cat at the same time! i think
Spoiler: large image
I townread Alianna.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”