fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:19 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1695, KayJayQueue wrote: If her partner wasn’t purple, why didn’t she just vote him with us, he would’ve been easy to get to a hammer and it would’ve made me look bad yet again and she could’ve pushed me with all her might today.
that's true yeah

it's possible she would be concerned that her voting purple would have scared people off since everyone was partner reading them

but i think if she had a partner who wasn't purple then they would have joined the purple push which makes me think it's pretty unlikely to be ming
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:24 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i think if purple is wrong i would look at thom next
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:37 am

Post by fireisredsir »

especially with a flip confirming it, i do think both halfasleep and purple sounded extremely caught in response to 3 people suddenly solving it as being the two of them at like the exact same time

it's a really surprising thing to have to deal with especially since halfasleep in particular likely thought she would be coming into the day in a good position
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:39 am

Post by fireisredsir »

im generally wary of the easy answer and second guess a lot but it probably is the easy answer
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:42 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1616, awesomeming327 wrote:
In post 1498, fireisredsir wrote: genuinely no idea how to sort between purple/ming but i think it's exactly one of them
well that's awkward since I townread purple
In post 1620, halfasleep wrote: UNVOTE: awesomeming327

ok going to bed but ming is probably town here actually. y'all can stop listening to me lol.
this is just such a wildly counterintuitive sequence if partnered

props to them i guess if they pulled it off
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:46 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1628, Thomith wrote:
In post 1627, KayJayQueue wrote: And you’re not entertaining the possibility of purple being scum at all? Because that would definitely disprove your theory that scum is pushing purple. Plus fire isn’t even voting purple, only 2 of us are.
Fire was still heavily advocating for the execution though.

Since if both fire/Jackson are town, that leaves only me in the PoE, due to me not being convinced that halfasleep should be there, I feel like there is a very very small chance that scum aren't advocating for purples lim in some way.

Purple could be scum. If purple is scum though, I feel like he is being bussed.
this post is also difficult to make in that position if partnered, i think, but to a lesser degree
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:47 am

Post by Thomith »

I think I'm ruling out ming for sure, otherwise halfasleep would have been bussing them for a while, and idk if she realistically needed to.

I want to trust Jackson and rule out Kay, and just admit I was just wrong about my read on both of them.

The only reason I'm even considering fire a little bit is because of the self hammer making me think Purple is too easy..
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (7/17)
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:48 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1629, halfasleep wrote: ok i wanna say sorry first up for coming into the thread so negative yesterday. wasn't called for regardless of my feelings on the gamestate at the time.]

i'm gonna backread things over again to try and get some thoughts together on the assumption that the scumteam is probably one of:

kay/purple
kay/thomith
thomith/purple

i don't think i'm crossing out ming as hard as i am fire and jackson (gg if one of you has successfully bamboozled me i guess) but it's hard to see why scum-ming comes in posting what he just did instead of just hopping on the convenient purple wagon (even in the world where purple is a scum-partner tbh). it seems more and more like i ended up tunnelled on ming exactly like i said i wasn't gonna back in d1 so, uh, mea culpa. so that's where i'm at currently. hopefully updates when i can get some reading done.
this does feel like halfasleep realizing she messed up earlier when she voted ming instead of purple and trying to course correct but it's too late. i think that if anything was probably the path out of here
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:56 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1706, Thomith wrote: I think I'm ruling out ming for sure, otherwise halfasleep would have been bussing them for a while, and idk if she realistically needed to.

I want to trust Jackson and rule out Kay, and just admit I was just wrong about my read on both of them.

The only reason I'm even considering fire a little bit is because of the self hammer making me think Purple is too easy..
that is fair

to be honest i have no clue why jackson ruled me out so quickly. it may have just been the mindmeld at the start of d2 because as soon as i saw the kill i knew he was mason and we were solving from the same pov

if it helps (it probably doesn't) i think if it's me/halfasleep we can run through this game a lot easier, and we set up jackson to be more of a consensus townread at end of day 1 so that we can safely nightkill him without people knowing whether it was a mason hunt or just killing someone who is difficult to push

no disrespect to halfasleep because again i think she played really well in general, but killing jake instead of jackson was a massive mistake and there's no way i would ever advocate for it

even if somehow we were 100% sure jake was mason but weren't sure on the second (which i think makes no sense bc again within like 5 minutes of seeing the kill i knew the partner was jackson), it's worth taking the chance on the jackson kill anyway because if jackson/kay are t/t then you absolutely need to break that up with a nightkill because they're going to be playing as a block
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:03 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i don't think id ever let my well positioned partner get elimmed while gathering no towncred from her death all while just vaguely subtweeting at my secret scumread ive been harboring on her and never even directly saying it lol

i also think my solving day 1 pretty clearly accidentally found the pairing of players who were informed of each others alignment, they just happened to be town

the masons being in the poe but unclaimed is a huge issue for scum because it makes nightkills really annoying, and so if i were scum who noticed the masons, me and halfasleep had a good amount of control over the gamestate and we could have pushed the poe into a different place, or maybe forced a claim. instead i just did not consider the possibility of masons existing here and so i kept pushing jackson/jake
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:30 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i guess i should acknowledge that the only world where killing jake is not a mistake is if it's halfasleep/kay, but to consider that team existing would take so many leaps i think

they would have taken such a weird approach to like, everything
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:31 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 1710, fireisredsir wrote: i guess i should acknowledge that the only world where killing jake is not a mistake is if it's halfasleep/kay, but to consider that team existing would take so many leaps i think

they would have taken such a weird approach to like, everything
If Kay is mafia I feel like she had Jackson so pocketed that killing them makes no sense.

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:32 am

Post by Thomith »

Like Jackson always votes Purple and me over Kay.

Even despite them being clear, a Jackson kill does not make sense for Kay to make.

KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:39 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1711, Thomith wrote:
If Kay is mafia I feel like she had Jackson so pocketed that killing them makes no sense.
Imaging me pulling that off. I’d win awards for pushing my teammate and eliminating my pocket. Someone would write a song about it.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:51 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i think if jackson got brought to elo he's smart enough to know why he's still alive

so he has to die eventually

i agree it's very unlikely for other reasons though but i think it's good to consider all possibilities since im always afraid of things being too easy
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:54 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

So do we think Purple is the best vote here? I don’t see a more logical push at this point but I was definitely deferring to Jack for a broader scope of the game since I tend to get tunnel-y. (I know I hide it well)
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:03 am

Post by Thomith »

Purple is the obvious choice, but obvious choices always worry me so I want to look at other partner equities first.

KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:30 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1716, Thomith wrote: Purple is the obvious choice, but obvious choices always worry me so I want to look at other partner equities first.
Report back with your findings because I want to vote purple until I’m given a good reason not to.
Purplemango
Purplemango
He/him + any neos
Goon
Purplemango
He/him + any neos
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him + any neos

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:21 am

Post by Purplemango »

In post 1709, fireisredsir wrote: i don't think id ever let my well positioned partner get elimmed while gathering no towncred from her death all while just vaguely subtweeting at my secret scumread ive been harboring on her and never even directly saying it lol

i also think my solving day 1 pretty clearly accidentally found the pairing of players who were informed of each others alignment, they just happened to be town

the masons being in the poe but unclaimed is a huge issue for scum because it makes nightkills really annoying, and so if i were scum who noticed the masons, me and halfasleep had a good amount of control over the gamestate and we could have pushed the poe into a different place, or maybe forced a claim. instead i just did not consider the possibility of masons existing here and so i kept pushing jackson/jake
There's a good chance that's really what happened with the other scum
Like, by voting on halfasleep it helps to look more town and it is also quite easily possible to make sure that the next ones voted will be town
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:23 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1718, Purplemango wrote:
In post 1709, fireisredsir wrote: i don't think id ever let my well positioned partner get elimmed while gathering no towncred from her death all while just vaguely subtweeting at my secret scumread ive been harboring on her and never even directly saying it lol

Like, by voting on halfasleep it helps to look more town and it is also quite easily possible to make sure that the next ones voted will be town
So who do you want to vote today?
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:24 am

Post by Thomith »

Who do you think is scum?

Purplemango
Purplemango
He/him + any neos
Goon
Purplemango
He/him + any neos
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him + any neos

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:36 am

Post by Purplemango »

In post 1719, KayJayQueue wrote:

So who do you want to vote today?
I'm not sure, one of fire/thomith maybe
I also want to check ming again because it's a bit weird (not sure that's the right word) to me that we all collectively came to the conclusion that he's town, including me
And apart from halfasleep, no one really pushed him seriously beyond the first day
And its not like he was clearly town (i think)
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:23 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

So why does everyone townread ming? Let’s start there.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:31 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 1722, KayJayQueue wrote: So why does everyone townread ming? Let’s start there.
PoE on my end.

If ming is scum, halfasleep would have had to have been hard bussing him basically from the very start of the game.

KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:50 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

Unless there’s good reason for us to pivot somewhere else, I’m here currently: