Votecount 1.03

Overcat (2): Umlaut, KayJayQueue
Luka (2): Overcat, JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo (1): ceejayvinoya
KayJayQueue (1):
FancyPants

Hu Tao (1): Luka

Not Voting (2): Hu Tao, Eiralox

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to secure an execution.

The day deadline is in (expired on 2024-04-23 12:49:04).
Last edited by Alianna on Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 24
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:41 am

Post by Umlaut »

I hate phoneposting so I will make a real post later but Overcat seems town.

UNVOTE: Overcat

I actually kind of like Luka saying my entry was awkward because it was, a bit. (I was really just ego posting and forced a joke in there to make it a "real" RVS post.) Doesn't make them town but I'm giving them a point for noticing.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:15 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Thoughts on Luka saying cat is scummy?
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:57 am

Post by Eiralox »

I don't have a read on Luka but I don't like any of the pushes launched at her so far. My gut did scream scum are in the grouping.
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:42 am

Post by Luka »

In post 49, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 42, Luka wrote:
In post 38, Hu Tao wrote: I like overcat so far. Even though they suspiciously chose a dog for an avatar as a cat :shifty:
their reads reek of TMI but they're new so w/e
I can't tell if this is a joke or you can't tell that my post was a joke
So the tl on the slot was a joke? I'm aware that the latter sentence was a joke, but the former is as well?
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:42 am

Post by Luka »

In post 78, Eiralox wrote: I don't have a read on Luka but I don't like any of the pushes launched at her so far. My gut did scream scum are in the grouping.
ok
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:43 am

Post by Luka »

In post 53, Hu Tao wrote: Luka can you explain the read more clearly, so I know if you're just misunderstanding or you're trying to force a bad read. Do you think I'm scum because I said I liked Overcats vibe and made a joke about cats and dogs?
Why are you trying to rope the latter thing in here at all? I think you're scum soley for the former thing, you didn't actually read the slot and you just launched a pockety TR on it
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:44 am

Post by Luka »

In post 52, Overcat wrote: Okay, so, in terms of this question:
@Overcat
Elaborate on what "Effort" Jackson has put in please.

I'll say that questions normally have a question mark on the end, and don't include quotation marks alongside any of the words to indicate deep skepticism. I will answer your question, but you have to remove the quotation marks if you want that.

The next point I'll make is that one of the scumreads I learnt from my experience on mafia websites is that town tend to ask questions and try to ascertain people's reasons for things quite strongly, and scum tend to ask questions but be disinterested in the answers, and are generally asking them in a way that's for social posturing. Luka has indicated they are mafia quite strongly to me in this instance (not definitely, but I'm like 70% sure), as their question wasn't actually a question, and the quotation marks indicated a lack of interest in my answer.

The second point I'll make as a more minor fos is that scum tend to be more interested in the way things 'look' and town tend to be more interested in more definite things. Luka stating that "Them liking the doggy is wolfy /srs", is a social putdown along the lines of 'oh, so you associate with him?' sometimes that valid reasoning, in this case it's not. I don't want to make my post too long, and take up too much of the conversation space, though if anyone's curious I have one more read or two I can out.

Anyway, I normally don't vote and make decisions so early on, but I think this is mafia
VOTE: Luka
This was a lot of words but I dont know what any of it means aside from an OMGUS on me
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:44 am

Post by Luka »

In post 57, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 42, Luka wrote:
In post 38, Hu Tao wrote: I like overcat so far. Even though they suspiciously chose a dog for an avatar as a cat :shifty:
What part of what they're saying reeks of TMI?
towning you for effort despite 0 effort being put in from your end
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:45 am

Post by Luka »

In post 61, Hu Tao wrote: Also Luka another question when you get back, if you thought Overcat was TMI, why would you vote me? Wouldn't you vote them even if you didn't get the context of my cat and dog joke?
you towning them is wolfier than the slot itself funnily enough
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:45 am

Post by Luka »

In post 62, JacksonVirgo wrote: Luka is being quite antagonistic which inherently makes me want to vote them, I don't think they're actually scummy though. This could be overcorrection but I don't think scum!luka would be this aggressive this early. Especially when immediately discounting your words like he had. It's not nice, but I don't think it's scummy
(I don't actually think that I'm being mean here, I think that the towning from Hu Tao onto the doggy was wolfy since the Dogs read on you was just horrible and i think you should be able to see that too? Sorry if I'm being rude. I am being agressive tho!)
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:47 am

Post by Luka »

In post 68, JacksonVirgo wrote: I'll wait for Luka to comment on my questions, but for right now I'm liking Cat and I'm liking Eira (based on that last post). I think FancyPants is a wolf
Why do you think FancyPants is a wolf but you're not voting their, and instead voting me whomst you in your post don't dictate a wolf on? Infact, in one of your earlier posts voting me you never called me wolf either, and you provided reasons to town me in the post before that. What's your gameplan here exactly?
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:48 am

Post by Luka »

In post 70, JacksonVirgo wrote: Back to this, why is ceejay so low?
Not really so low, I just have a gut read on the entrance that felt wolfy.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:48 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 83, Luka wrote:
In post 57, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 42, Luka wrote:
What part of what they're saying reeks of TMI?
towning you for effort despite 0 effort being put in from your end
In comparison to everybody else in the game, I did put effort in. The comparison to others (and to the game itself, it was page 1) is the important part, I don't think he was anywhere near town-reading me to a super confident degree hence their wording. I feel TMI is more than a stretch, do you think he's not allowed to state where his reads are?
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:48 am

Post by Luka »

In post 71, ceejayvinoya wrote: ????????????
So, it's shading a read on me, a town. It's towning somebody for "effort" despite both posts from said user being completely devoid of effort at the time, and the post after the fact it stated that you can't use effort as an indicator to clear me.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:49 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 86, Luka wrote:
In post 68, JacksonVirgo wrote: I'll wait for Luka to comment on my questions, but for right now I'm liking Cat and I'm liking Eira (based on that last post). I think FancyPants is a wolf
Why do you think FancyPants is a wolf but you're not voting their, and instead voting me whomst you in your post don't dictate a wolf on? Infact, in one of your earlier posts voting me you never called me wolf either, and you provided reasons to town me in the post before that. What's your gameplan here exactly?
I have a red-check on FancyPants, he is incredibly suspicious but even a red-check isn't strong enough reasoning to vote the INNOCENT CHILD. Silly

wiki // GTKAS
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:50 am

Post by Luka »

In post 17, JacksonVirgo wrote: Spoiler: My extremely townie introduction
In post 18, JacksonVirgo wrote: Guys, this "Not Voting" fella has like NO resistance! What are we even doing?!
In post 21, JacksonVirgo wrote: Can you elaborate on this?
In post 22, JacksonVirgo wrote: Is this your read list? If so, why omit Umlaut?
You asked 2 questions and had 3 other unrelated things, I would hardly classify this as effort. Especially when you contrast it with this post:
In post 36, Overcat wrote: Avatar gotten. As for Luka's effort, what they're basically doing is interacting in order to create more information and reads, which I appreciate because it makes my job easier. However, I've seen enough of both town and mafia do that to know it's not particularly towny at this point. You should reserve judgement on Luka for now.
When, to my knowledge; you were doing the exact same thing. It creates a incongruity between the two and inconsistency. Nobody pointing this out and people towning you for reasons beyond me is what I don't like, and Hu Tao's reaction to my FoS wasn't very good either. They jump on the bandwagon to say they don't like my slot, but once again they never directly state a read on it and they aren't even voting their.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:50 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 87, Luka wrote:
In post 70, JacksonVirgo wrote: Back to this, why is ceejay so low?
Not really so low, I just have a gut read on the entrance that felt wolfy.
Can you try and put the gut read into words for me?

wiki // GTKAS
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:50 am

Post by Luka »

In post 90, JacksonVirgo wrote: I have a red-check on FancyPants, he is incredibly suspicious but even a red-check isn't strong enough reasoning to vote the INNOCENT CHILD. Silly
Fun fact, I am stupid.
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:51 am

Post by Luka »

In post 19, ceejayvinoya wrote: VOTE: JacksonVirgo
Its a random RVS vote that I disagree w/ based on content so far, I don't know what it achieves on a strong player like you and cjv isn't a cute name.
Once again though, it's mostly gut; it's a low confidence read.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:53 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 86, Luka wrote: Infact, in one of your earlier posts voting me you never called me wolf either, and you provided reasons to town me in the post before that. What's your gameplan here exactly?
Gameplan is to pressure and find scum. I think your aggression doesn't likely come from scum but that doesn't mean I don't think other things you're doing isn't scummy.

wiki // GTKAS
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:54 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 79, Luka wrote:
In post 49, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 42, Luka wrote:
I can't tell if this is a joke or you can't tell that my post was a joke
So the tl on the slot was a joke? I'm aware that the latter sentence was a joke, but the former is as well?
At the time of the post I was just saying I like them as in terms of their vibe. But now I do actually tr them
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:55 am

Post by Luka »

In post 95, JacksonVirgo wrote: Gameplan is to pressure and find scum. I think your aggression doesn't likely come from scum but that doesn't mean I don't think other things you're doing isn't scummy.
And what do you think I'm doing that's exactly scummy? "your aggression doesn't likely come from scum" should theoretically outweigh or mitigate other reads to some extent, in addition to that, I notice this still isn't directly stating a read on me.
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:55 am

Post by Luka »

In post 96, Hu Tao wrote: At the time of the post I was just saying I like them as in terms of their vibe. But now I do actually tr them
Why?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:55 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 81, Luka wrote:
In post 53, Hu Tao wrote: Luka can you explain the read more clearly, so I know if you're just misunderstanding or you're trying to force a bad read. Do you think I'm scum because I said I liked Overcats vibe and made a joke about cats and dogs?
Why are you trying to rope the latter thing in here at all? I think you're scum soley for the former thing, you didn't actually read the slot and you just launched a pockety TR on it
Okay so you were confused on what I meant. If I say I like someone just means their vibe, not that I have a strong tr on them or whatever. But now after their most recent posts, I do have a town read on cat

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”