Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:57 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 13, Bulbazoor wrote:
In post 12, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:VOTE: Bulbazoor because Pikachu is better
everyone always rvses me with a pokemon joke lol. How convenient this game started when I sleep.

I'll VOTE: muh because I'm picky and like voting people for their rvs reasons
What didn't you like about my RVS reason?
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:21 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 37, Bulbazoor wrote:
In post 7, muh316 wrote:VOTE: Guten tag for not confirming yet
Voting someone for not confirming seems like setting up for a later push on them solely for not confirming early. Guten sounds pretty genuine so far to me. And look at how Flavor tried to vote me for me voting him. It wasn't a forced and weak push. It was an attempt to gouge your reactions and so far you aren't reacting well. Rapidly anger-voting me when I call you out is not a good thing to do. You got defensive as soon as I started attempting to pressure you.
I agree with Flicker, this seems like you're reaching too hard but I like it because you helped get us out of RVS. I guess you're suggesting that I would use this to push for a policy lynch. I personally think it's better to drag out the first day because it gives you more info on possible scum teams and voting patterns come D2. It seems like you're really pushing for a quick lynch which I don't agree with.

I also find it funny how you think Guten sounds genuine when he's only written 5 words since the game started :lol:
In post 58, Alonzo wrote:Did Vorkuta just try to pocket Flavour or what?
Also, can someone tell me what it means to pocket someone?
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:44 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 76, Flavor Leaf wrote: Current reads list:

Vorkuta
Bulbazor
Flicker

2ndStory
muh
guten

Alonzo/Emperor

but they aren't scum together, and there's likely scum in my middle section moreso than anything.
Is your Vorkuta townread serious or sarcastic? Speaking of read lists, I'll post what I have so far

Towny

Myself
Flavor Leaf
Alonzo
Flicker

No Read

Guten Tag
Emperor

Scummy

Bulbazoor
Vorkuta

Bulbazoor and Vorkuta's conversation on mafia theory of sacrifice vs not-sacrificing for the good of the town gave me scum vibes. I'm not saying they're both the scum team but there's definitely something in that conversation that set off the feeling that one could be scum.

I'm interested in other players putting their current read lists out there as well.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:45 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 78, Bulbazoor wrote:huh how am I pushing fora quick lynch?
In post 27, Bulbazoor wrote:muh and flavor are among the people I want to lynch today already. VOTE: flavor
It's this comment that gave me the impression you're up for a quick lynch.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:56 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 82, Bulbazoor wrote:I am trying to emphasize the importance of not having this complacent mindset of thiking it's protown to allow yourself to get lynched as town. Also, I jus saw your post muh.

What bro? I saw that post and responded to it. What pinged your scumdar?

To whoever questioned me for being cynical and jaded, this is me. I'm not going to flip my playstyle to make it easy on you guys. I expect logical reasining and towniness from you guys.
+town points for this

I like that you stuck to your personality and didn't just shift behavior when pushed. That seems towny to me.

For the quick lynch part, it was the phrasing, "lynch today already," that seems like you wanted to rush through D1. But now there's no point in arguing over the phrasing since you said that wasn't your intention.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:07 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 86, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 82, Bulbazoor wrote:protown to allow yourself to get lynched as town
For a worthy cause it is. Like if we have a solid and foolproof contingency plan that guarantees us scum the next day for what happens when you flip green.
It just sounds like you're trying too hard to convince us you're the sacrificial hero for Newbie 1901.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #7) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:17 pm

Post by muh316 »

Alright, I'll try to see if we can get this wagon rolling.
VOTE: Vorkuta
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #8) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:43 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 143, Bulbazoor wrote:
In post 127, 2ndStoryWindow wrote: I don’t see how this makes a case for me not wanting to lynch you. As town myself, this is literally an ideal scenario. If I’m wrong and you are town, we’ll get a lot of info. That’s fine, can’t always lynch scum on Day 1. If you are scum, I don’t quite mind the lack of info. We’d be one step closer to winning, and we’d have a few more days, as well as info from nightkills, to rely off of to catch your partner.
Also, claiming you want to be alive is redundant; everyone wants to stay alive.
For the bolded part, my first thought was "wasn't this the guy that was trying to be town hero by saying he'd let himself die?" That post did not sound like you wanting to be alive.
Correct me if I'm mistaken but Vorkuta was the one trying to be the town hero, not 2ndStoryWindow.
In post 101, Bulbazoor wrote:Is everyone else asleep? Been a while since I did one of these readlists.

Emperor flippyNips
Vorkuta
2ndStoryWindow
muh316
Guten tag

I am here so far in terms of people I'd be happy with lynching. Guten needs to speak up. 2ndstory, so do you. I want to hear all of what you guys have to say.
Am I on your lynch list because of the RVS vote? Or has the reason changed.

In post 117, Flicker wrote: Can you explain your Flavor Leaf and Alonzo reads?
Sure. At that time I felt like Alonzo and Flavor Leaf had contributed to the conversation. I didn't get scum vibes so I put them on my towny list. If you're not scum, then you're town so I felt like they belong there. The list was in no particular order.The "No read" list was for people who hadn't contributed enough for me to place them anywhere.

In post 150, Flavor Leaf wrote:
Late game if I'm town read heavily, have the people on my side, and haven't found scum yet, I'm probably scum. I generally get night killed in those situations or I end up finding at least one scum rather early.

This is why in 13p games, I generally have to go for a perfect scum victory, because that's where my strengths lie as a scum player the most. When I have a team to back me up while I lead.
Can you clarify this? If you're being town read heavily in D3 or D4 and haven't found scum, then the town thinks that you're scum. So why do you get NK'd? And if you're talking about late game here, what do you mean by you find scum early?
In post 139, Flavor Leaf wrote:
I don't like coming across as town when I'm scum. It gets me into trouble late game.
This just seems like a way to negate potential scumminess in the future. If you don't play towny as scum, then surely you play scummy as town then?
In post 119, Flicker wrote:[quote="In
Flavor Leaf wrote:Potential ScumFlicker or ScumMuh would benefit greatly from moving to my wagon. Let’s see what happens with them.
Not sure why you said this. You basically just ruined any chance of seeing our actual reactions.
Agreed. I'm still content with my Vorkuta wagon though. Which isn't rolling yet.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #9) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:40 am

Post by muh316 »

In post 160, Alonzo wrote:Can we just turbo GT?
What does it mean to turbo?
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #10) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:40 am

Post by muh316 »

So policy lynch D1 just because Guten Tag is not active? I'd rather drag the day out a bit more. We'd be better off getting a replacement for GT if he doesnt respond.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #11) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:10 pm

Post by muh316 »

Now that he's at L-2, I hope we get something.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #12) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 184, Guten tag wrote::facepalm:
Hey, If you want to lose a doc then go ahead
:facepalm:
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #13) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:03 am

Post by muh316 »

I'm still not 100% convinced Guten Tag is the doctor. We have no guarantee of knowing whether or not there is a doctor in this setup to counterclaim. This could either be a big gamble for the mafia team, or a noob move. I'm still not sure which way to lean.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #14) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:15 am

Post by muh316 »

In post 203, Bulbazoor wrote:But why would you cast doubt on a claim made by someone I assume to be new to the game?
His account is new to Mafiascum, it doesn't necessarily mean he's new to the game. I don't want to give GT the benefit of the doubt just because this is his first game and that's why I'm not going to blindly accept his claim.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #15) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:10 pm

Post by muh316 »

I'll still stand by what I said. I don't necessarily think that he could be telling the truth. For all we know, we might be in a format where there is no Doctor. There's a 55% chance there is no doctor in this game. That could be why there hasn't been a counterclaim. He could have just thrown the doc claim out there randomly.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #16) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:44 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 217, Vorkuta wrote:So do you think he's town & lying, or scum & lying?
Either way, it doesn't make sense to lynch a reported doc on D-1 unless we know anything more about the setup. We'll deal with him when/if we mass claim.
That is, if he makes it past the first night with such a target sign painted on him.
That's the dilemma here. It's hard to read a newbie who has only posted a couple of sentences since the game started. If he's lying, then he's definitely scum. I don't want him lynched either, but I don't agree with the unvotes.

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't take his claim at face value. I don't like how he's been let off the hook for his attitude towards the game just because he claimed a PR. It's not a valid excuse for contributing nothing to the game. Everybody immediately unvoting and moving on is what bothers me. I feel like he should have still been pressured to say more.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #17) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:47 pm

Post by muh316 »

Also, it seems like the only way to bring him out is to directly speak to him.

So Guten Tag, what are your current reads at the moment? Why did you claim at L-2? Is your inactivity due to something happening in the real world, or are you just lazy towards the game?
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (isolation #18) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:11 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 220, Alonzo wrote:muh what do you think of the votes on you RN? justified?
Vorkuta's vote on me was OMGUS so I didn't read too much into it. Bulbazoor has been voting me on and off so that one was no surprise.
I was surprised at Flicker because it came out of nowhere because she had given me an initial townlean on her read list. I've clarified my reasoning and "tone" in the last few posts so I hope that I get unvoted.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #19) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 232, Flicker wrote:
I guess you missed the part of my read where I was conflicted because you seemed to be playing it safe, then. The tone issue was more of a slow realization that crystallized with Bulbazoor's comment, and it's here in this post, too - "I hope I get unvoted" just feels like a weird thing to say or weird way to phrase it.
I don't want to be voted because I'm not like Vorkuta and would rather not be the sacrificial hero of Newbie 1901. I want to stay alive and play the game. You voted Vorkuta because he was ready to sacrifice himself. So why is it that when I have the opposite stance, it pings your scumdar? It seems contradictory and feels like you're building a case against me just for the sake of it.

Some points you brought up.

Fluff - That's sort of how I type. I tend to say extra sentences and over-explain things IRL and it's quite apparent in my meta. It may be redundant but to me I do it just so I'm as clear as possible. For the quote "Now that he's at L-2, I hope we get something." if you see the context it's actually quite relevant.
In post 232, Flicker wrote:These all feel more theoretical or IIoA, and something about "I'm not going to blindly accept his claim," which implies that the three of us who unvoted had, rubs me the wrong way.
IIOA - These posts were in regards to my reaction over Guten Tag's claim. I'm salty that his PR claim excused him from his inactivity. I'm not sure what you want me to analyze here. And yes, I am implying that whoever unvoted GT blindly accepted his claim. I would have wanted to see more pressure.

Weak stance - I don't agree with this part. I feel that I've taken a strong stance against Vorkuta and GT who have both had scum reads from me.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #20) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by muh316 »

I'm at L-1 now.
If you intend on hammering, please let me know with an intent to hammer
and we can follow up from there. Don't just vote without warning.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #21) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:21 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 235, Guten tag wrote:Sorry,haven't able to get on a device
While you're on a device now, please answer all the questions you've been asked.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #22) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by muh316 »

We're 3 days away from the deadline and everyone seems to be either disinterested in the game or lurking. With Thanksgiving coming up, I might be inactive. One issue we have in this game is the amount of lurkers we have.

Here are the people I feel are lurking the most, Emperor, Flavor Leaf, and Vorkuta. I feel like there is scum in these 3. So what's up with the inactivity and general lack of effort? None of them have given us strong opinions as compared to people like Bulbazoor, Alonzo, and Flicker.

Especially Flavor Leaf looks he's active lurking which is even worse. It seems like he's been laying low the whole game.I haven't seen strong opinions from him either. All of his votes have been pretty much non-serious votes and I don't see him building any case against anyone.

Similarly, the only major thing I can remember from Vorkuta are his theoretical posts about self-sacrifice and OMGUSing me.

Emperor is someone I see that's been laying low a lot. He was even online today, yet he didn't post despite the prod. The only useful information we've seen from him is his read list from a couple days ago. VOTE: Emperor

As for Guten Tag, I'm just hoping his replacement is going to give us some activity.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #23) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:31 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 249, Vorkuta wrote:-> Activity Overview, FL = 51 Posts: He has double your posts lol

So is this your last ditch attempt to get the wagon off you? By trying to shift focus away from you and to policy lynch lurkers?
This screams scummy to me
Which is why I said he's
active
lurking. "Active Lurking, also referred to as Fluffposting or Fillering, is the act of posting (thus differentiating it from ordinary Lurking), but the material posted is irrelevant or otherwise useless for scumhunting"

But anyway, I don't want to lynch FL today because he seems like he can be valuable in the long run given his reputation on this site. On the other hand, Emperor is not just inactive, but just scummy overall. No strong opinons, lurking, and staying away from the limelight are major scumtells in my book. He's not just a policy lynch.

Sure, I want to get the wagon off of me and find the real scum especially because the deadline is so close.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #24) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:59 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 257, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 255, Emperor flippyNips wrote:And shooting for lynching me I think is a waste since I have no power in the night cycle
Claiming vanilla townie already? :mrgreen:
Why would you smile at him claiming vanilla townie? Are you dropping scum bread crumbs :lol:

Emperor, you're not supposed to claim whether or not you have a role. It narrows down scum's possibilities for the night.

Anyway, the claim came at L-3, without any pressure of a turbo. It seems disingenuous to me so I'll stick to my vote.

In post 253, Emperor flippyNips wrote:Ahh that’s cool I didn’t know you could stalk people and see when they were on.. I back it.
It's hard to miss the name "Emperor flippyNipps" in a list of about a dozen other names.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #25) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:07 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 253, Emperor flippyNips wrote:So I’ve mainly just been try to watch how everyone plays and see what it’s like instead of actually just jumping on in.. so here I am
The best way of learning how to play is to jump in. If you try to stay in the shadows, you look very suspicious. As part of being a good townie you should be active in scumhunting.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #26) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 261, Emperor flippyNips wrote:Ahh I didn’t know that, also Isn’t narrowing it down something you want to do?
Not sure if this is scumNips trying to get me to devise his night strategy or newbieNips genuinely curious.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #27) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:26 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 263, Bulbazoor wrote:I still get the sense muh is trying to push on the claim. It rings my weird radar.
What is your opinion on the claim? Do you think it's genuine?
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (isolation #28) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:57 am

Post by muh316 »

In post 282, Guten tag wrote:
In post 279, Flicker wrote:I kind of want to restart the Vorkuta wagon, but I'll stay where I am given the holiday and time constraints.
Yeeah kinda a buggah :neutral:
What does that mean?
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #29) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:03 am

Post by muh316 »

In post 284, Bulbazoor wrote:Guten is just a noob
I would say he's more of a troll than a noob.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (isolation #30) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:20 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 290, Vorkuta wrote:Seeing as the discussion of roles has sprung up: what should the PRs do this night?
Who does 'doc' save?
If we have a cop/tracker/neapolitan, who should they look at?
If we have a jailkeeper?
VOTE: Vorkuta

This sort of discussion is of no benefit to the town. The only person it will ever benefit is scum.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (isolation #31) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:54 pm

Post by muh316 »

@
Rob14
Would it be possible to get an extension on the deadline? With Thanksgiving it seems like everyone is busy the next few days.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (isolation #32) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:57 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 295, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 294, muh316 wrote:This sort of discussion is of no benefit to the town. The only person it will ever benefit is scum.
...?
Not what happened in my last game...
In my experience, talking about PR's night actions doesn't turn out well because we have scum among us listening. Plus, it makes it easier to pick up on who our other PR possibly is who we can't afford to lose at this point.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (isolation #33) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:48 am

Post by muh316 »

In post 315, Vorkuta wrote:I'm fishing/digging for information.
Like for instance: the fact that you'd rather hang me than ask for me to be investigated.
Now that everyone's reads are in, I'm interested in knowing who people want saved/investigated.

You realize that the PRs aren't obligated to listen to you, or aren't obligated to explicitly say who they will be acting on in the night.
So ok- I'll play the 'I'm a newbie, this is only my 2nd game onsite'- now please kindly explain why what I wrote above is invalid and how is it compromising?
Let's say you are investigated N1. Do you think it's worth the risk for our other PR to come out openly and tell us whether you're town or not? At that point our PRs will be sitting ducks for the following night phases.

Furthermore, we still don't know the setup. Let's say we have a Jailkeeper or Neapolitan, those roles aren't much help to us in confirming you for N1.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #34) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:50 am

Post by muh316 »

I think this could be scumVorkuta trying to figure out what the other PR is. If the scum are Roleblocker/Goon, then they probably want to find out whether the other PR is a Jailkeeper or Cop.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #35) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:54 am

Post by muh316 »

In post 320, Emperor flippyNips wrote:RightiO and what about PR?
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... reviations

I recommend reading through the wiki.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #36) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:53 am

Post by muh316 »

Great job on the quick replacement.

@Residentcalleddean, can you do a quick read through the thread and tell us your thoughts on everyone and place your vote somewhere. We're less than 48 hours from the deadline so we need everyone placing a serious vote right now.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (isolation #37) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:12 am

Post by muh316 »

I was vanilla townie
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #38) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:17 am

Post by muh316 »

Anyway, I think the hammer and L-1 was pretty unfair at this point since our replacement hadn't even voted yet. You should have at least waited until GT's replacement placed his vote somewhere.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”