Newbie 1909 | Scheme | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
Child
Child
Goon
Child
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #0) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:41 am

Post by Child »

hi TTTT and flippy, hi everyone else. will be making catchup post later
Child
Child
Goon
Child
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (isolation #1) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:21 am

Post by Child »

In post 165, teacher wrote:
In post 162, Child wrote:hi TTTT and flippy, hi everyone else. will be making catchup post later
Had you been following? This seems might fast to have seen that Dan was TTTT?
I was skimming the thread previously, yes.
Child
Child
Goon
Child
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #2) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:53 am

Post by Child »

In post 7, teacher wrote: On that note, you should all get Avis - it is a courtesy form of “facial recognition” for posts. And you should also kindly answer these questions:

1. What is your experience at Mafia
2. How do you play as town
3. How do you play as scum
4. What do you think gives away a player as scum or town
1. 2 games here, 4 on a different site.
2. Usually pretty weak, i get 1 good case in and sheep for the rest of the game.
3. I am a lot more active and agressive.
4. Their motive and drive to do things. I feel scum would be much more careful when responding to things to avoid being scumread.
In post 10, dicideaq wrote: 4. I think scum usually puts a lot of accusations, whereas most town will be quiet
i think opposite, generally scum would want less attention so they don't get scumread. But it really depends on playstyle.
In post 16, Clemency wrote:1.been here a while
2.mess around till nullread
3.mess around till nullread
4.mess around till nullread
nullread
It is time to stop now
In post 58, EGL wrote:@Teacher
@EmperorflippyNips
@ZombieStrikes
@Dell
@Amzela

What do you think of the LoopDan situation?
Do you think dicideaq made a scumslip?
I think loopdan tried to scare everyone off by voting on himself, which i dont think is a town thing to do. so far a scumread.
i dont think dicide has made a scumslip, although in retrospect he is rather quiet so he is being contradictory... however, it could be him panicking.
In post 63, Loopdan wrote:
In post 57, EGL wrote:Don't you think it would have been better to talk about what you perceived as a dicideaq scumslip rather than your self-voting?
Not really. There was no scumslip. I was just hoping to give an excuse for the other experienced players to pile on a newbie player for some pressure. Pretty sure they could tell that wasn't a serious vote. But newer players see me say I saw a scumclaim and want answers (like you did) or sometimes use it as an excuse to jump on a wagon. These are all helpful.

RVS is not very helpful (although I actually kinda like Teacher's questions). I like to take the game to unusual places to see how players respond. And here we are.
Damn, you got me. I can see why you did it although it's a bit extravagant and i don't think it was necesarry.
In post 80, Loopdan wrote:You take a self vote to put myself at L-1 in RVS as a soft scum-claim? Are you even listening to yourself?
What was your vote for? To prove you are town? I don't understand, i have not seen town do it.
In post 87, Loopdan wrote:
In post 85, Clemency wrote:i want you playing to your win-con
You are experienced enough to know I wasn't trying to get myself lynched.
I agree, i think clemency was trying to do something towny and failed.
In post 114, dicideaq wrote:VOTE: Loopdan
that's it? you have been awfully quiet, is this your scumgame? you did say you would stay quiet if you were scum. Please contibute more.

clemency and dicide are scumreads right now. I think dicide is on L-1, so parking my vote in clemency's garage.
VOTE: clemency
Child
Child
Goon
Child
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #3) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:54 am

Post by Child »

forgot to delete part in post 58. i was responding to things as i saw them, but decided to not do that later. loopdan is null or a scumlean, not a scumread.
Child
Child
Goon
Child
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #4) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:32 am

Post by Child »

In post 176, EGL wrote: Also, dicideaq said he thought
town
would be quiet and not scum. Not trying to speak for him or defend him (I'd like him to start saying words that contribute to the finding of scum) but it was in the quote you included.
In post 10, dicideaq wrote: 3. I guess I'd stay quiet
this is what he said when asked about his scum game.
In post 172, Loopdan wrote:Child knew TTTT was my alt at least four hours before he posted , which means he had read post . But when he was typing he somehow hadn't read on the same page as .

Yet looks like he is developing reads as he is going through the game post by post.

I think it's more likely he is manufacturing his reads in than he legitimately only read post on page 6.
my bad. i tried to make a catchup post but couldnt decide whether to do a live reaction one or do a summary, so i ended up doing a mix of both that doesn't work at all.
im gonna say this - i read the topic yesterday, but only slightly skimmed it,to see what's going on, and in case i wanted to replace in and not be completely clueless. I didnt remember much other than you "bullying newbies" and TTTT being your alt, so i posted it to say hello and let others know i have been reading, atleast a bit. im obviously not gonna pay as much attention if im not in the game myself, am i?
Child
Child
Goon
Child
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #5) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:46 am

Post by Child »

In post 207, u r a person 2 wrote:only if you hit town ;P
+
Child
Child
Goon
Child
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #6) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:05 am

Post by Child »

Looking in retrospect, i do not think dici is that scum anymore. he hasn't logged in in roughly 2 days, so im pretty sure he just flaked out. our best bet is to wait for him to come back or wait for a replacement to form a proper read, i don't think voting them at this point will do much (unless they do come back)
Here is me taking a look at amzela's IsO:
Spoiler:
In post 22, Amzela wrote:
In post 19, Loopdan wrote:Amzela, why aren't you voting for obvscum dici?
Because as a newbie, picking on the newbies is mean and even though we're in RVSing no need to scare people away.
On that note.
VOTE: Loopdan
gonna be honest, this does look like amzela trying to pocket dici by protecting him like this, and it looks a lot more serious than (clemency? im too lazy to check) telling loop to stop bullying.
In post 124, Amzela wrote: Time to dig myself into an even deeper hole as I try to be blunt with my reasoning- Dicideaq's post is really... weird. But also is that a common newbie thing to do? I would imagine the draw to OMFGUS vote after coming back to several pages of banter.
it is a common newbie thing to do, but a newbie town would be more interested in actually trying to learn the game instead of trying to give themselves a reason to slack, that's what i feel many of us here are trying to convey. Noobscum is more likely to coast along and use their status as an excuse saying "oh i cannot do this i am a noob", while noobtown will try to engage in conversation a bit more and try to form their own opinion. This is probably your best defense on dicide so far, but still not good enough imo.
In post 203, Amzela wrote:Wow. Dici is already L-1 and no posts. Holidays or scum?
cannot be town who simply flaked out? are you saying if dici doesn't come back, he is a lynch?
In post 213, Amzela wrote: -- Child as null, slight town-lean

In the last game, I think I did the same thing as Child. I would read half-way and then post a bunch and realize that I missed things and it made me look scummy. Though Loop seems to change their mind in 192, the aggression makes it feel like Loop is trying to poke holes in Child's posts before he's even gotten his feet on the ground, which I don't like.
and i don't mind it. the same thing happened my last game, so ill go ahead and say that it is loop's general playstyle. Im sometimes more difficult to understand since my english isn't the greatest,and i tend to go back and forth quite a bit, so loop calling me out and making me explain my thought process helps me actually.

after amzela defended dici pretty hard, it is strange that she got a scumread on dici, after defending him. I feel like she is trying to setup a lynch here. Her own defense on dici seems contradictory to her scum read on dici:
In post 213, Amzela wrote: I'm currently reading:
-- Dici as scum lean
>> No matter how much I want to defend the kid,
Dici said in post 10 that he'd stay quiet as scum, even though he thinks scum makes a lot of accusations and town stays pretty quiet.
Half of me says scared. Other half of me can't shake the scum read.
I wouldn't say he scum-slipped because it's hard to scum slip when you're so quiet, especially as a brand-spanking-new person.
, you said, "holidays or scum"? I did scumread dici for the same reason initially but in retrospect i was wrong since dici is not an active lurker.

what are you trying to say here then? either way, in you say that it is a common thing to do for newbies, incase you were.

TL;Dr i have nothing new to say lol yes amzela is a good lynch
Child
Child
Goon
Child
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (isolation #7) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:06 am

Post by Child »

VOTE: amzela

L-1
Child
Child
Goon
Child
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #8) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:01 am

Post by Child »

In post 268, teacher wrote:@child - have your views on Clem evolved? Where/why?
not really. none of his posts are that amazing to change my mind, still a scumread. it seems that he is doing some sort of play but i dont really understand it at all.
Child
Child
Goon
Child
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #9) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:02 am

Post by Child »

In post 271, Clemency wrote:UNVOTE:
amzela's town

what changed your mind?
Child
Child
Goon
Child
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (isolation #10) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:46 am

Post by Child »

In post 296, teacher wrote:
In post 287, Child wrote:
not really. none of his posts are that amazing to change my mind, still a scumread. it seems that he is doing some sort of play but i dont really understand it at all.
Then why did you follow him onto that wagon rather than push him? I just find it odd youd join a wagon with your biggest SR without saying there has been an evolution.
i don't find it weird at all. i have two scumreads, i am gonna vote on either one, even if one is voting on another.
Child
Child
Goon
Child
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #11) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:48 am

Post by Child »

In post 303, Child wrote:
Then why did you follow him onto that wagon rather than push him? I just find it odd youd join a wagon with your biggest SR without saying there has been an evolution.
i don't find it weird at all. i have two scumreads, i am gonna vote on either one, even if one is voting on another.
when i think about scumreads,im not reading them as a team, i am reading them as separate people and isolating them. maybe this is where i crumble, but it does not matter to me if my scumread votes on my other scumread.
Child
Child
Goon
Child
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (isolation #12) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:00 pm

Post by Child »

In post 307, teacher wrote:
In post 303, Child wrote:
But you had earlier said your scumreads were Dici and Clem, with a lean on Dan. You unvoted Dici and immediately jumped to a wagon that had momentum, but was not even on your past radar. So youd have to have gotten over the Clem read, be willing to join a wagon with him on it, AND gotten over the Dan read, all without commenting on either your Clem or Dan evolution.
i read amzela since she was top wagon, to defend her or to help out push her. it does not matter to me if my other scumread voted amzela at any given point, because i do not look at them as a team. post explains my read on dici and forms my read on amzela, and i have already told you my read on clemency has not changed. the very next post after my catchup posts says i have a null read on loopdan, worst case scenario scumlean. I commented on everything so far. If you do not like these comments, that is fine, my playstyle is different.
In post 308, teacher wrote:
In post 305, Child wrote:i am reading them as separate people and isolating them
Sorry, we now have two threads going. I actually dont mind this so much (the treating Am/Clem as separate reads) so much as what appeared to be an opportunistic wagon jump that was entirely inconsistent with your top 3 scumreads from just a few pages earlier. If that many people are on your scumscope, you might want to get it checked since htere are only 2 in the game, meaning you should target at most 3 reads....
but i said already that loop is a nullread, and dici is not pushworthy and his inactivity is NAI.. i have 2 scumreads, 1 if you count loop being nullread/scumlean.
In post 312, teacher wrote:
Whole Board Reads (in order from )

Spoiler: Child
Scumread. I already talked mindmelding with Dan's commentary on the entry, and personally finding even more jarring. But I also REALLY didnt like the and evolution to voting Amzela just as that wagon caught steam. Here is why. Child's gave Dici alot of scumpoints when that was a popular thing to do, but did NOT vote him. Child claimed it was because Dici was at L-1, but Dici wasnt - as the votecount above Child's post (with no votes in between) showed.
ok, so that explains why i didn't vote already.

In other words, Child's actions did not match his words, and the purported reason for the gap was false. Then, when the "L-1" scare was removed, Child claims to have lost the scumread of Dici -- WITH ABSOLUTELY NO POSTS in the interim. Sorry, flaking out of a game is slightly +rand scum, so this reason to lose a scumread doesnt hold water to me -- especially if you jump over two previous scumleans (Clem and Loopdan) without commentary, to join a momentum wagon on a slot (Amzela) that was OFF what you now claim to see as a mislynch wagon (Dici). Nothing about this vote and evolution makes sense. Nothing. But it does give momentum to a wagon on a slot I feel better about being town than Dici.
i posted why i did not read dici in my post on amzela. slightly +rand scum isn't enough of a reason for me to actually lynch someone. I also posted why i think amzela is scum.
If you dislike the amzela wagon, push a CFD on me or dici. Don't be a bystander.
Child
Child
Goon
Child
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (isolation #13) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:57 am

Post by Child »

i am here, VT. Let me catch up, i was a bit inactive.
Child
Child
Goon
Child
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (isolation #14) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:09 am

Post by Child »

In post 330, teacher wrote:
In post 328, EGL wrote:CFD?
Candidate for discussion? I dont know, never seen this one either.
Change for direction

I dont need much time,give me like 3 hours and i will post reads, like teacher asked me. from that point onward you can do what you want with me. I think you can pull the win off no problem, so im not concerned very much.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”