Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:25 pm

Post by Formerfish »

VOTE: NutsHanging

I'm the guy who gets naked at parties bro. Step off.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:21 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 9, RadiantCowbells wrote:Welp

I
was
town btw.

glgl
Why do you use past tense to describe your current alignment?
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:53 pm

Post by Formerfish »

You were only town when you were drunk? Now as a sober player you are scum?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:53 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 31, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 26, Formerfish wrote:You were only town when you were drunk? Now as a sober player you are scum?
surely you can ask better questions than this?
It's early and I'm just poking the bear to see what happens. Why are you worried about the avenues of investigation I go down? What I eat doesn't make you shit right?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #35 (isolation #4) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:57 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 32, redMeow wrote:
In post 24, Formerfish wrote:
In post 9, RadiantCowbells wrote:Welp

I
was
town btw.

glgl
Why do you use past tense to describe your current alignment?
I just want to leave the following thought here...
How do you know that town is his current allignment?

Of course I know you might just be assuming... but that statement caught my attention, maybe because it's so flat out.
I wasn't assuming anything. I was using his words and the way he phrased something to inform a question. It's not a particularly inflammatory question or one that I expected much in response to. More witty banter towards another old timer looking to see if there is a rapport or not.

What do you mean by it's so flat out?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #36 (isolation #5) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:58 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 34, RadiantCowbells wrote:Why am I the bear?
Cause I know you. It wasn't a very hard poke. More like a Facebook poke.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #96 (isolation #6) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:07 pm

Post by Formerfish »

I've been a little low lately, but I've just got the ingredients to adjust my altitude back to proper levels. Will be here as soon as I finish pooping and smoke up.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #97 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:07 pm

Post by Formerfish »

You guys know you wanted to know all that :)
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #102 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:37 pm

Post by Formerfish »

redMeow:
- Standard newbie opening post, maybe a little LAMIST and over explainy, but nothing worthwhile really. I can dig the RVS vote.
- Noted borked vote tags.
- Question to RC.
- Answers mKms question about RCs vote. I like the answer.
- Questioned me.
-Responded to me, didn't wilt.
- Weekend question.
- Response to Maryjo.
- Summary of events thus far for replacements and self. This one was actually interesting. I know you said it was for yourself as well as the people who replaced in, but the game wasn't off of page 3 when you did this. Why not let the people read the 80 posts made and catch themselves up. The failed vote could have been a gambit by RC to see who pushed the vote not being counted. You say you almost did the same thing, but you didn't. Could be that you didn't have as much of a drive to see that lynch go through? And then talking out of both sides of your mouth with Demi where you like the reads list but say it was early for it. I can see scum in some of this post, but I also see eager beaver as well. In a newbie I give this some leeway before tunneling.

Null, townlean.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #104 (isolation #9) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:48 pm

Post by Formerfish »

NutsHanging
MaryJo: This might be inflammatory to some, but I have seen my fair share of newbies roll scum and then flake. Not saying you're scum here, but unfortunately from my experience your slot has a higher starting scum equity.
- Answers Reds weekend question.
- Welcome banter.
- Welcome banter.
- Banter.
- Welcome banter.
- Banter.
- Banter.
- Banter.
- Banter.
- Welcome banter.
- Confirms Reds analysis of interaction with RC, I dislike the idea of meta being brought up with such little history between the players.
- Banter.
- Clarification post. Honestly leaves me more confused. Why did you feel like you needed to EBWOP? Are you attempting to indicate sarcasm with the quotation marks?
- Banter.
- Banter.

Its early, but you started in a hole, scumlean.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #105 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:49 pm

Post by Formerfish »

@Mod- Can you update the OP as well with replacements? Please and thank you :)
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #108 (isolation #11) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:03 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Hearthstone
Demi: Ditto to what I said about MaryJo here as well.
- Intro. Took shots at RC for drunk comment, and mkm about the vote. Then digs in on mkm read, goes so far as formal scum read. No vote though.
- Starts with the caviot that RVS is still going on, ends with a reads list... Joke tr, null maybe town, null, curious, town lean, null, null, scum. This post is beyond vapid.
- Responds to RC calling him scum. Also votes mkm who is their biggest scum read. I feel like the blimpys commercial was a big hit for this guy, the brand repetition on mkm!scum is in your face. I don't like how he responded to RC calling him scum either. If I'm town and someone srs me this early in a game I don't give a fuck, but to ask him to be more concise so he knows what he is arguing against sounds like someone who is afraid to say anything because they don't know where the traps are laid yet.
- Pokes mkm. I need to get more context for the second part of the post, I just havent gotten there yet in isos.
- Pokes mkm again, asks for reads.

Not loving this slot and its mkm tunnel. The reaction to RC is suspect to me as well, feels timid. And a reads list on page 3 is try hard. Scummy.

pedit- Maryjo, if thats true, then fair enough, but in a game based on trust don't hold it against me if you don't have that capital with me yet.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #109 (isolation #12) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:06 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Blooper:
- RVS vote on me!
- Nakedly makes his RVS vote into a real one.

Need more from this slot, but not in love with the thought process being shown. Null, scumlean.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #110 (isolation #13) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:38 pm

Post by Formerfish »

mkm:

- RVS vote on hearth, decent rvs reason.
- Asks Red about vote on them. Why ask this in page 2, like what was hoped to be gleaned from her answer? (answered in 38 sorta)
Attempted vote correction. Answers GLs question about RCs vote. Doesn't explain why they didnt ask RC about his vote, he asked the person voted what they thought of the vote. I thought the pushiness of someone elses vote was odd as well.
- Defends vote check. I assume the part of the rules being discussed is untagged votes not counting? IMO I figured the mod would come in and confirm or deny that vote at some point, so for me it was moot. It was RVS anyways, and if it ever came down to it and that vote mattered for a lynch RC would speak up when he needed to. "The rest of my post was waaay scummier" this quote needs more explanation.
Fixes quote tags.
- Welcome banter. Questions RCs vote on Demi. (Mentioned liking posts in i think.
- Pokes CC. Defends vote check again (I guess for me it comes down to why it mattered so much. Are you OCD and things have to be right? Are you scum and wanted RC to have a vote on Red? You defend the action a lot, but you never explain why it was important to you in the first place that you felt compelled to say something in the thread about it.) Finishes off post by daring CC to vote him. When I was managing and someone told me to go ahead and write them up if I had to as a big bluff, it was always so much fun to call them on it and do just that.
- Defending post. Talks about being antsy. "When you asked me about the post in the first place I froze up a little, because while it wasn't a question that had zero thought or reasoning behind it... Actions that make less sense the more you pick at them are often scummy." So you think your post was more scummy because the basis for you asking that question was not there and instead of just saying that to start you froze and now your looking scummy? Did I get close?
- Questions vote on Demi, while voting Demi... will totes move it if someone else wants to vote there, or if he finds someone better. You can just unvote bro.
- Responds to Demi with a !!!READS LIST ALERT!!! Null, Null, I expected Demi would be a solid tr for you based on above, so when I saw this "demiGodrick: Your suspicion of me seemed fair. You "hmm"d at Blooper keeping their vote on FormerFish but haven't tried to follow up on that, which is kind of weird, but I get following the read you're most confident in. Blooper's also been relatively inactive." I was surprised because you dont even mention you tr him at all there., Null, Null, Null, Null, Null. Not a single stand was taken on anyone. Even the people he was poking come out smelling like daisies.
- Qurestions RC.

That reads list was a bunch of fence sitting nothing. Explaining why his post was scummy was nice, like a burglar shining the flashlight on themselves after sneaking out the back door. Could definitely be scum.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #112 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:45 pm

Post by Formerfish »

- Intro, RVS on RC for improper conduct. I actually liked this a lot and forgot about it. When I first saw it I figured she was talking about the broken tag, and was poking fun at RC.
- I took this one as jocular as well.
- The second part of this post feels like something I actually already wrote. I like to mind meld, it helps my process.
Welcome banter.
- Pushes back on mkm.

I can see town thoughts here.

pedit: @MaryJo, noted. Thank you.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #113 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:57 pm

Post by Formerfish »

RC:
Banter
Banter
broken RVS vote on Red
Confused about CCs vote probably.
Banter
Banter (but honestly it makes sense to me too)
Banter
Banter
Banter
Banter
mod question
Welcome banter
Banter
Banter
Banter
Banter
Banter
Votes Maryjo.
Declares scumread. Says nothing.
Tells the person he just voted that the person hes sring isnt them. Master work sir.
Votes Demi.
Banter
Banter
Naked mkm tr
Doubles down on Demi sr
RC finds himself incapable of describing why he is sring Demi.
Questions me about 1 read in the middle of an iso dive and the question is about a person who I hadnt isoed yet. Slow your roll and let me do my thing.

This plays into my idea of RC town, and Im good with him being town until he isnt. We should be able to figure out things there soon enough.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #115 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:05 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Naked RVS on me. Hi.
Why am I the first person you poke? I like the mkm poke though.
Votes mkm. I can dig it.
Not sure i like how quickly you back off mkm when he openly stated he got nervous about what to say because when you start to unravel things that dont make sense they look like scum. He's right. Thats the whole point of this game is to unravel the string of lynches in our favor. I also can't be mad at you for jumping onto Demi, I just wonder why when they seem fine to link themselves together almost. Are you not suspicious of mkm anymore?
I get it.

Townlean.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #116 (isolation #17) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:10 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Town- RC
Townlean- Red, CC, GL
Null- MaryJo, Blooper
Scumlean- Demi, mkm
Scum

I'm going to put this here

VOTE: Demi

High scum equity based off personal replacement stats, among other things, and I want to see something.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #118 (isolation #18) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:31 pm

Post by Formerfish »

MaryJo:
In post 108, Formerfish wrote:
Hearthstone
- Intro. Took shots at RC for drunk comment, and mkm about the vote. Then digs in on mkm read, goes so far as formal scum read. No vote though.
- Starts with the caviot that RVS is still going on, ends with a reads list... Joke tr, null maybe town, null, curious, town lean, null, null, scum. This post is beyond vapid.
- Responds to RC calling him scum. Also votes mkm who is their biggest scum read. I feel like the blimpys commercial was a big hit for this guy, the brand repetition on mkm!scum is in your face. I don't like how he responded to RC calling him scum either. If I'm town and someone srs me this early in a game I don't give a fuck, but to ask him to be more concise so he knows what he is arguing against sounds like someone who is afraid to say anything because they don't know where the traps are laid yet.
- Pokes mkm. I need to get more context for the second part of the post, I just havent gotten there yet in isos.
- Pokes mkm again, asks for reads.

Not loving this slot and its mkm tunnel. The reaction to RC is suspect to me as well, feels timid. And a reads list on page 3 is try hard. Scummy.

pedit- Maryjo, if thats true, then fair enough, but in a game based on trust don't hold it against me if you don't have that capital with me yet.
Now, shhh....
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #120 (isolation #19) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:43 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #122 (isolation #20) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:53 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 121, MaryJoLisa wrote:Cool. I don't know if my vote count is correct, but what would happen if I were to type VOTE: Demigodrick followed by a correctly closed vote bracket right now?

Still learning.
Demi is at l-1 right now, another vote would result in his lynch.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #123 (isolation #21) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:54 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Anyone wanting to go down that road would be best suited to give intent to vote, and then allow the person to claim. Failure to do so usually results in lynches.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #125 (isolation #22) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:00 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 124, MaryJoLisa wrote:Right, I forgot about that step. But intent to lynch only needs to be a few minutes long from my experience.
Intent is given so that the person at l-1 has an opportunity to claim. Usually the length of time depends on how long it takes for that person to come online and claim. Lynching before allowing a claim is frowned upon in most circles.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #129 (isolation #23) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:05 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 126, MaryJoLisa wrote:RadiantCowbells did that in our last game, but he assured me that he was *sure* of his vote so it was okay.
I said most circles frown upon it, knowing that RC is in the game. There is another contingent who lynch when someone is at l-1 regardless of anything really. Notice RC was already on this wagon.

How did his sure vote end up that game by the way?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #132 (isolation #24) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:13 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 131, MaryJoLisa wrote:
In post 125, Formerfish wrote:
In post 124, MaryJoLisa wrote:Right, I forgot about that step. But intent to lynch only needs to be a few minutes long from my experience.
Intent is given so that the person at l-1 has an opportunity to claim. Usually the length of time depends on how long it takes for that person to come online and claim. Lynching before allowing a claim is frowned upon in most circles.
Take a quick peek at my two past games and make a decision about whether you want *me* wielding the hammer vote. :wink:

Choose wisely.
I looked quickly and saw that you had the exact same conversation with RC in that game as I've had with you, even to the point where RC and I use some of the same phrasing. Why act like you were unsure of what the normal procedure was? RC says it plain as day the same as I have.

I dont take well to winks, I always assume people have dust in their eye.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #135 (isolation #25) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:18 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Looked deeper, you went like 2 for 4 on hammers and you somehow managed to hammer yourself as town. Thats also bad form. Unless youre really pissed and are doing it to spite your shite town block, then i approve.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #136 (isolation #26) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:18 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 134, RadiantCowbells wrote:i get away with a lot of things because i'm cute.
Dont forget cuddlely.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #137 (isolation #27) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:20 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 133, MaryJoLisa wrote:The reason that I'm saying it is because I'm genuinely confused. I keep getting mixed signals. There's a whole lot of do as I say, not as I do and I'm having trouble weeding through what's real and what's not real.
Ok, forgive any sass i might have projected.

There are different sets of rules for different people. We all follow them and none of us follow them if that makes sense.

A group of us would like the game to be played a certain way.

Another group is filled with the type of people who have a candy bowl filled with a mixture of m&ms, reeses pieces, and skittles.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #139 (isolation #28) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:22 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 138, RadiantCowbells wrote:i have an unorthodox playstyle in many ways that is largely tolerated because it gets results. i have claimed many guilties as VT over the years.
Which is why you have a town read from me based of shit posting so far. I appreciate what you can do as town, and am always fearful of scum you. Until I need to worry about scum you, I dont.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #143 (isolation #29) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:24 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Its not that you wouldnt. Its that i see more benefit from working with you until you show me a reason I shouldnt. Nothing youve do0ne so far shows me not to listen to your opinion.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #244 (isolation #30) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:52 am

Post by Formerfish »

I forgot it was 36 hours in newbies now. I was planning on catching up and putting some thoughts down tonight when I got home from work.

I saw blooper got replaced, I didn't see if it was forced or if he requested. Anyone mind helping me out on that one?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #248 (isolation #31) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:32 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 246, MaryJoLisa wrote:RadiantCowbells should be doing some serious scum hunting by now I think. I'm sitting around waiting for him to start something because he was going to put the screws on redMeow and that's just not happening.
What are you basing that idea about RC on? From what I've seen of his play this is in line with his town play. It's also in line with his scum play, but that's because his town game has to look like his scum game because otherwise scum would just kill him n1 every game. Playing the way he does allows him to do a few things. The first is to potentially live through n1 because scum sees him as a mislynch. If he is a PR he has an opportunity to use his action to help town. It also allows him to draw easy fire which is something scum looks for to push. How does scum not point out something that is scummy? It allows them to "play" without having to say anything controversial.

RC shouldn't be an issue to sort until day 2 at the earliest.

As for you sitting around waiting on him, why? If you don't have a strong as fuck TR on him it shouldn't even matter what he does in relation to what you do. Who do you find scummy? Why? Can you convince anyone to listen to you and come to your side? What is your side even?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #249 (isolation #32) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:34 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 235, RadiantCowbells wrote:Can I get everyone's reads on godrick and redmeow
Either could swing. Would prefer Demi first over red.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #270 (isolation #33) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:44 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 266, ThatOneMedic wrote:Alright, fully caught up.

FF joins the ultra-town trifecta.
Why? You mention me in like 1 catch up post and then you focus on a lot of other things. Then this post where I'm conscripted into a trifecta. Is that with you and RC?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #271 (isolation #34) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:45 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 269, Miss Kobayashi Maru wrote:FF, why are you cool with the redMeow thing?
Why am I cool with the red thing? What red thing are we talking about here?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #353 (isolation #35) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:40 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 64, Demigodrick wrote:Formerfish - some gentle poking, null read maybe town so far.
Above is the first mention of me.
Below is the second.
In post 163, Demigodrick wrote:
In post 108, Formerfish wrote:
Hearthstone

I will touch on try harding in the next bit. For now, lets look at the MKM tunnel.
In post 115, Formerfish wrote: Votes mkm. I can dig it.
Not sure i like how quickly you back off mkm when he openly stated he got nervous about what to say because when you start to unravel things that dont make sense they look like scum. He's right. Thats the whole point of this game is to unravel the string of lynches in our favor. I also can't be mad at you for jumping onto Demi, I just wonder why when they seem fine to link themselves together almost. Are you not suspicious of mkm anymore?

Townlean.
So, you question GuiltyLion for backing off MKM quickly, and give a small overview of what you would expect him to be doing, i.e unravelling the string, and yet when
I
do this,
I
am scummy? This seems a contradiction in what you are saying, and I am accused as scummy while GuiltyLion is town for backing off and switching his vote? Hmm. I don't like this at all.

In post 116, Formerfish wrote: High scum equity based off personal replacement stats, among other things, and I want to see something.
I literally have no idea what you mean by this above sentence. You put me at L-1 here for personal stats and "other things"? Just seems scummy now.
Im not getting what equivalence you are trying to create between my read on you and on GL. Can you lay that our fuller so I can understand what you are talking about?

And with the vote sentence you could have asked what it meant, you didnt, if you didnt understand it. I do appreciate the attempt to discredit my reasons by misstating them though, thats refreshing.

I find it funny that between his absurdly early read of me as town and his scum read of me later on there was no thought progression on my slot. I was town and then I was scum. I wonder what happened in the middle that might have done that? Oh yeah, probably me scum reading him.
In post 345, Demigodrick wrote:my two scummiest reads (FF, GL)
You dedicated a whole wall post to explaining why you think GL is scum, yet you threw in half a post towards me and most of it was aTe. And this post ends with you saying the scum team is Me and GL, or Maryjo, or CC.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #354 (isolation #36) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:00 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 347, ThatOneMedic wrote:I don't think I said that "even if you posted something town, I could see it being scum POV". I believe I said that there was a block of four posts you made a while back that I didn't like overall but had a couple of points that came off as super townie, so it threw my read off.
I read that line too and it felt off to me, obviously after that explanation I know why. At least I'm not the only one hes misrepping.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #355 (isolation #37) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:03 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 351, MaryJoLisa wrote:I don't see any scum anywhere in this game. :(

If the scum could please just indicate who they are with some kind of identifying avatar or sign signifying their alliance, that would be great. K THX.
If you are v/la i would hope to see you use your limited time to make better posts than this.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #357 (isolation #38) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:27 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 356, redMeow wrote:
In post 348, RadiantCowbells wrote:If I was scum I'd have 180ed after we got the claim ftr
Does someone mind to translate this for me?
What's ftr and which claim are you referring to?
RC is on somewhere, im sure he could elaborate. If he doesnt want to I think I have a good grasp on it.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #397 (isolation #39) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:18 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 393, RadiantCowbells wrote:formerfish can I explain to you why I scumread you in dnd mafia in exchange for you voting redmeow
I might be open to that. Was that the large game where I played as a hydra with desperado?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #399 (isolation #40) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:21 pm

Post by Formerfish »

I played like shit that game and was abandoned by my partner. I really didnt want to roll scum in that game.

Im not opposed to a Red lynch, something about recent posts feels fabricated. Like whenever I see a newbie with wall posts like that I just wonder where the fuck it came from. So many words.

I think you are wrong about demi by the way. What did you think about my mini case on him re: his read progression on me?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #401 (isolation #41) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:23 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Ok, wow me with your analysis and we can talk further.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #403 (isolation #42) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:25 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Not on red, on me in dnd.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #405 (isolation #43) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:28 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 404, RadiantCowbells wrote:this isn't the order of operations

redmeow gets lynched and you get the goods
Kinda seems like I would be the one able to dictate terms in this situation. I think I could argue demi lynch just as well if not better than you can for red. As stated I could see either swing, so its a win win for me for either of them to go. And I kinf of expect you to just tell me I played like shit and was obvscum dur...
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #407 (isolation #44) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:33 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Ok, that piqued my interest. And i just looked, a red wagon would be you, GL and me if I voted.

I like that wagon composition for a few reasons.

I vote on one condition, we dont lose track of demi and let him hide in the background.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #409 (isolation #45) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:37 pm

Post by Formerfish »

VOTE: Red
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #410 (isolation #46) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:54 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Should I be worried that in the time since i made that vote someone has spam refreshed the thread about 70 times....?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #412 (isolation #47) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:57 pm

Post by Formerfish »

i totes checked to make sure i didnt miss a vote and put red at l-1 after being goaded by you and you were refreshing to see if your partner was going to come on and vote.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #414 (isolation #48) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:01 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Im pretty stoned and just got really paranoid. We good though, only 3 votes.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #458 (isolation #49) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:19 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 416, ClearlyClarity wrote:Maybe I should have read up more on the game. As a first time experience I'm finding it frustratingly hard to contribute anything of value here. Or read anyone. Posting too little is scummy, posting too much is town, posting too much is
also
scum... it's really hard to keep track of everything.

Hopefully it'll get easier as the game goes on, so I'll throw redMeow to the wolves. I'm sorry. :cry:

VOTE: redMeow,
L-2
It might just be bad phrasing, but saying you're throwing someone to the wolves in a game where scum is also known as wolves, makes me think you know this is going to be a mislynch.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #460 (isolation #50) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:20 am

Post by Formerfish »

Add to that the fact that you announced your l-1 vote as an l-2 for some reason.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #461 (isolation #51) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:23 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 419, MaryJoLisa wrote:I think red is town because of newbishness, but I want to get this show on the road and I favor a lynch, any lynch.

VOTE: redMeow If the vote count is correct, that's L-1.
I don't disagree that lynching can gain info even if it's a bad lynch, but to say someone is town and you just want to move on is fucking atrocious.

Don't expect to have a good time playing if you play like this in the future. Or if you see me expect to get hung often.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #464 (isolation #52) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:28 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 440, MaryJoLisa wrote:I told you guys never to put the hammer in my hand. I told you! RC you know that!

And now you're backing down?
I'm not going to get to upset about this until I see a flip, but I would suggest checking your ego. You're going to get eaten alive playing like this.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #467 (isolation #53) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:30 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 443, ThatOneMedic wrote:also I'm just going to point out that we've been calling this person "godrick" for the majority of the day
but his name is "demigodrick"
like "demi-god rick"
two words
so saying "godrick" as one word is the weirdest possible way to address that name
it's like calling me "tone medic"
sure it works
but still
It would be like calling you
that
onemedic.

They don't call him Igodrick.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #468 (isolation #54) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:31 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 445, MaryJoLisa wrote:Obviously we need an official vote count. I'll wait for one.
Didn't stop you before, why give a shit now?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #469 (isolation #55) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:33 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 453, MaryJoLisa wrote:I hope you'll /in into another game and maybe the next one will move a little more quickly than this one.
You came from EM right? What were the phases over there? From what I remember they are a lot shorter. Don't play here like you did there. This is a different site and has a different flow. If you are clamoring for faster games this is not the place really.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #470 (isolation #56) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:34 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 462, RadiantCowbells wrote:also the fact that mjl blamed the votecount instead of cc's "HEY THIS IS L-2"
I thought it was my fault for only putting red and confusing Mary.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #472 (isolation #57) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:36 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 463, Miss Kobayashi Maru wrote:I think the L-2 thing was most likely an accident, but I made an extremely similar post the first time I played scum and had to commit to a lynch. Many bad vibes
Why are you speaking towards this before the people involved talk about it? What are you using to base you opinion of it being an accident? If you did the same thing as newbie scum why are you handwaving this away?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #473 (isolation #58) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:37 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 471, MaryJoLisa wrote:
In post 464, Formerfish wrote:
In post 440, MaryJoLisa wrote:I told you guys never to put the hammer in my hand. I told you! RC you know that!

And now you're backing down?
I'm not going to get to upset about this until I see a flip, but I would suggest checking your ego. You're going to get eaten alive playing like this.
I thought he was pulling those fake hammer games to get people to fess up to stuff.

No, this is 100% on me.
Probably would have been better off not posting while on v/la.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #528 (isolation #59) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:39 am

Post by Formerfish »

Hey GL. I was hoping you'd be here soon.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #530 (isolation #60) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:40 am

Post by Formerfish »

Mary I'm not going to answer that question right now unless you think it's game relevant.

RC. I semi object to your course of action at the moment.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #534 (isolation #61) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:44 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 532, RadiantCowbells wrote:Depending on whether there's a tracker or not completely changes the way we play the game from here.
1. Why are you so fixated on there being one? Red flipped goon and no no means that every row and column is still in play. You narrowed in on tracker and cop pretty quick. Why not jk or docs?

2. Explain how a tracker breaks this open.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #535 (isolation #62) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:44 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 533, MaryJoLisa wrote:
In post 530, Formerfish wrote:Mary I'm not going to answer that question right now unless you think it's game relevant.

RC. I semi object to your course of action at the moment.
It's relevant.
My answer to you is going to help you determine your read on me?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #542 (isolation #63) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:51 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 519, MaryJoLisa wrote:
In post 469, Formerfish wrote:
In post 453, MaryJoLisa wrote:I hope you'll /in into another game and maybe the next one will move a little more quickly than this one.
You came from EM right? What were the phases over there? From what I remember they are a lot shorter. Don't play here like you did there. This is a different site and has a different flow. If you are clamoring for faster games this is not the place really.
FF, why do you think I came from EM? From your point of view, what do I need to do differently here than you believe I'm doing there.
I remember one of the new people saying they played at EM. I know EM has shorter phases. You were complaining about wanting the game to move faster. It may not have been you that said it, but it's also why I phrased it as a question in my post. If you haven't, then I was incorrect in remembering who said it. If you have, then what's the issue?

My argument is kind of moot at this point since we hit scum. I suppose a bus accusation wouldn't be out of the question as you would most likely know your partner was going down, could limit what she said, and conveniently excuse it away with CCs misnumbering of votes.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #543 (isolation #64) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:53 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 541, GuiltyLion wrote:I agree outing the tracker is best play here
Ok. That's why I needed you here.

I tracked Demi and got a hit.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #547 (isolation #65) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:55 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 545, RadiantCowbells wrote:If anyone besides Demi claims PR they can just out and this game is over.
With no death and me claiming, anyone else claiming would be suicide.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #550 (isolation #66) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:56 am

Post by Formerfish »

NVM just remembered something
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #553 (isolation #67) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:58 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 552, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 547, Formerfish wrote:
In post 545, RadiantCowbells wrote:If anyone besides Demi claims PR they can just out and this game is over.
With no death and me claiming, anyone else claiming would be suicide.

You're missing the point.

There is 1 guaranteed other PR.

Either Demi is it or he is scum

So if anyone else is that other PR we can lynch before Demi gets back
I wasn't missing the point. I was forgetting about something. I remember now we good.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #557 (isolation #68) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:00 am

Post by Formerfish »

I'd prefer to let Demi out that info.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #560 (isolation #69) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:03 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 559, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 557, Formerfish wrote:I'd prefer to let Demi out that info.
If this is a reaction test it's a terrible reaction test for the rexord
It's not. Demi is going to claim either doc or jk.

He claims doc then we have a clear in him, the target and me.

If he claims jk then we have to kill the kept first.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #561 (isolation #70) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:04 am

Post by Formerfish »

Of course, with no CCs.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #568 (isolation #71) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:06 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 562, RadiantCowbells wrote:If he claims JK on me then we're not killing me.
Mechanically we lynch the kept with no CCs.

Medic. RC didn't die.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #575 (isolation #72) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:11 am

Post by Formerfish »

What GL said about jailing you again tonight made sense. I wouldn't have after that.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #582 (isolation #73) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:13 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 576, RadiantCowbells wrote:No.

You don't jail me tonight because I am obviously town

Why waste a mechanical clear on the most obvious town slot in the game
Because if a 2nd nk occurs than it's probably you. If the tracker/j dies you become clear.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #583 (isolation #74) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:14 am

Post by Formerfish »

VOTE: Demi

I tracked Demi to RC.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #586 (isolation #75) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:15 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 583, Formerfish wrote:VOTE: Demi

I tracked Demi to RC.
I even crumbed it to RC.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #591 (isolation #76) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:17 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 407, Formerfish wrote:Ok, that piqued my interest. And i just looked, a red wagon would be you, GL and me if I voted.

I like that wagon composition for a few reasons.

I vote on one condition, we
dont lose track of demi
and let him hide in the background.
Many? That's the only one I remember.

And you owe me a pm telling me how I was scum in dnd.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #598 (isolation #77) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:19 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 595, GuiltyLion wrote:i thought "avenues of investigation" was one
Nah, that's normal speak for me in game.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #601 (isolation #78) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:19 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 596, RadiantCowbells wrote:Sry for derailing the demigodrick wagon
I told you I wanted both to swing.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #620 (isolation #79) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:34 am

Post by Formerfish »

I'll take my winnings whenever RC.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #675 (isolation #80) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:51 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 674, ThatOneMedic wrote:One more for the road, I suppose!

I only have the bare minimum of an understanding of what a hydra is (and maybe someone who's had a bit more experience with it can throw me a more detailed explanation) but it seems interesting enough that I'd probably jump on the chance if anyone from this game is ever interested in something like that. :P
A hydra is where 2 (or more) players use a single separate username to play under together.

I've been known to hydra in my time. I like to be able to talk to my hydra partner separately because you can speak freely and bounce ideas off each other.

If you are interested in trying it I would be cool with setting something up with you.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”