Newbie 1928 - The Climax - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:03 pm

Post by Redemption »

Holy shit days are long in here (am I allowed to swear btw?).

I thought I would get notified when the game would start, my bad guys.
In post 8, ZestOfLife wrote:Dogs > Cats

VOTE: YyottaCat

Just for you having said that :
VOTE : ZestOfLife
;p
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:10 pm

Post by Redemption »

In post 28, Redemption wrote:Holy shit days are long in here (am I allowed to swear btw?).

I thought I would get notified when the game would start, my bad guys.
In post 8, ZestOfLife wrote:Dogs > Cats

VOTE: YyottaCat

Just for you having said that :
VOTE: ZestOfLife
;p
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:11 pm

Post by Redemption »

(crap, I'm fucking up solid)
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:19 pm

Post by Redemption »

Ikr, I'm gonna be ok with people lynching me just for that X)
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:24 pm

Post by Redemption »

In post 33, RadiantCowbells wrote:but r u mafia tho
I'd be stupid to say yes even if I was. So I'm straight up gonna say no.

I am not mafia.
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:26 pm

Post by Redemption »

In post 35, RadiantCowbells wrote:after your horrible crime you should seek...

...Redemption.
You're like the second person who used my name for a pun!

I'm not a big fan of puns but I like your sense of humor. :D
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:30 pm

Post by Redemption »

In post 37, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: redemption

i don't think that's how a villager would deny it

guess you're just a scumbag >_>

I tried to play honest, doesn't work too well I see. In any case I understand your decision.

You're right. I am a scumbag. That's why I called myself Redemption X)
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:36 pm

Post by Redemption »

Test :
VOTE: VOTE: ZestOfLife
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:44 pm

Post by Redemption »

In post 45, Formerfish wrote:
In post 44, Redemption wrote:Test :
VOTE: VOTE: ZestOfLife
Do you need assistance?
In post 46, RadiantCowbells wrote:You sure? Because I feel like you're scum

Maybe you misread your role pm

Don't worry guys, I know I just proved to MS I'm not a strong reader.

I'm new to the website, but I'm certainly not new to the mafia game. I know what I'm doing, but don't know how Formerfish's answer to the same question asked was actually better than mine, RC (if I can call you that).
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #9) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:46 pm

Post by Redemption »

In post 46, RadiantCowbells wrote:You sure? Because I feel like you're scum

Maybe you misread your role pm

Oh pardon me if that wasn't addressed to me, if so, nvm about what I just said m8
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #10) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:48 pm

Post by Redemption »

There is so many people that I would quote right now so I'll just answer as best as I can to anyone that suspects me. Basically, all I did so far is answering cleverly and honestly to you guys' questions. If you think that's a good lead for town, that's an easy win for mafia.

On the other hand, I got a super good read for you guys. I'm seeing Ryno d1 voting for Fish. Then, later on, Ryno calls out Fish as he already lynched him super early in the game. Then, later again, Fish gets defensive about an unexplained lynch.

I want some input on this, including from Ryno and Fish themselves. But for now, I see one of them as scum, meaning that they must not be from the same alignment.

P.S: I know that you guys suspect me because of my honesty and will probably be even more putting out that much theory so early in the game. Just know that I'm ok with it. I'm ok with the fact that it will put me in danger and cost me the game. All I'm trying to do is make you guys see the position that I'm in so that you can tell what is my "agenda", if you will. But the fact that people already suspects me this early tells me I'm doing wrong. So I might change my gameplan, if I ever make it far in the game. Just give me a chance and try to understand what I'm trying to do. Thank you!
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #11) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by Redemption »

Alright sorry for my late response, easter you know...

So okay, I see things. X)

Fish brought out that I may have wanted to make Ryno and himself compete. I wish I could say he has a point, because that's not the case. My intention was to point out the fact Ryno doesn't really explain shit unless "feelings" and "lol what" means anything at all other than he's either a clueless town or a collected-vibe-feeling-lol-whating scum and that Fish is overdefensive for no apparent reason.

Don't have anything on anyone else, not even RC, he's present and making his voice heard without looking scummy in my eyes. Whatever he's doing, he's doing it with style. Compliments to you RC.
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:41 pm

Post by Redemption »

Give people another 24 hours. Easter can busy someone easily. We don't know each other's lives usually.
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:21 am

Post by Redemption »

I suggest that we cancel the game and transfer it into the "experienced player" one. This way we can be sure that we have an active, experienced and committed playerbase. Unless it is a recurrent problem in the website over all idk.

What do you think about that Smith?
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #14) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:09 pm

Post by Redemption »

Sorry guys, I might be the only one that had two prod, yet I'm still here. Always around one time boys.

What the fuck? Why is there 14 pages now? There was like 6 the other day XD

There is now soooooo much material to go over, fuck me. Missing a day hasn't changed a thing at all.

First I'll adress Iconeum's arrival. The fact that the first thing he said was that my answer to the "are you scum" question was awkward was uncomfortable. I was to say your profile pic was cool, but nooooo (jk it's awesome, keep it up Iconeum ;;; ). In addition, I noticed that Iconeum made the same remarks as I did about Ryno and Fish (feeling driven and overdefensive). Great minds think alike.

Ryno hasn't made any good reasonable reads until the 7th page I believe, I was going to propose to lynch him but now he looks like he's just a like a you-push-me-I-push-you-back-newbie, I'm getting hesitant about him.

Former Fish, idk what is going into you but I didn't like the fact that you got into such a fuss with a new mafia player, I was expecting more from you man.

Btw, can anyone make a connection between ZOL and Voted's plays to see if it's a scum role?

I see Voted that brings up my ZOL lynch, not even mentioning that I did it as an unserious-very-start-of-d1-lynch (yes I like overextended words, shat-ap :p ). Other than that, he is the complete polar opposite of Formerfish: over offensive X) Not like the man in the mirror in any case XD

I don't get why people say I don't post much. Surely compared to Fish and Ryno, I'm well under ig. And the fact that Voted tells me that I haven't posted anything of value so far is insulting because I always make reads since the game started. As you can tell, nothing changes, still thinking about who to lynch though. RC and Iconeum are clear to me.
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:37 am

Post by Redemption »

Claim what? My role? I'm town.

I think if I explained my last absence by the fact that I had to write a 1300 word essay in 3 hours, maybe it would've saved me from elimination. Which is probably why I got lynched 4 times in a single irl day right?

Ik it's off-topic but why do you guys think that it's weird that I complimented RC? I think he played well earlier in the day because for so much that he posted, no one could scum read him, he deserved it.

I'm surprised that no one noticed that he all got you into turboing me. He was the only one town reading me while also being the only one lynching me (starting when Voted unlynched me but I was still his first vote that he kept ever since). Then he brings up my lynch acting has didn't lynch anyone yet. He also talks much less than earlier in the day for unexplained reasons.

VOTE: VOTE: RadiantCowbells

I guess you can say that I scumread Ryno56 and FormerFish, but I still had no clue who to lynch since my early-day-unserious-lynch. I basically called out their odd behavior.
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (isolation #16) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:38 am

Post by Redemption »

*reading me town
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (isolation #17) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:52 am

Post by Redemption »

Vanilla
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (isolation #18) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:59 am

Post by Redemption »

That was way back in the day, but now I saw what he tried to do and is my #1 suspect.

What do you think about RC now that I figured this out?
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (isolation #19) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:51 am

Post by Redemption »

Notice that I'm speaking in the past when I read one of you and Ryno as scum and complimented RC. I don't think much about it anymore. It's clear to me now what RC tried to do.

You haven't answered my question yet. What do you think about RC now?
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (isolation #20) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:10 am

Post by Redemption »

For your first quote Rhyno, I meant that usually, when you post as much as RC did, there is usually some people trying to scum read you because you write a lot. Ik it's dumb but a lot of people think this way when playing mafia.

For your second, I'm saying that not only did he do that, but he also brought his old lynch in the surface without explaining jack, and then everyone followed the beaten path ig
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (isolation #21) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:19 am

Post by Redemption »

Lynching myself?
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (isolation #22) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:27 am

Post by Redemption »

In post 422, Screamingnoodle wrote:Yea.. Redemption. Your'e posts are very scummy. I am tempted to hammer. I hate being the one to Hammer... :facepalm: It's such a scum move.

INTENT TO HAMMER

Actually, I'd rather die at this point XD
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (isolation #23) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:28 am

Post by Redemption »

Go ahead darling
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (isolation #24) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:40 am

Post by Redemption »

In post 416, Formerfish wrote:
In post 410, Redemption wrote:Notice that I'm speaking in the past when I read one of you and Ryno as scum and complimented RC. I don't think much about it anymore. It's clear to me now what RC tried to do.

You haven't answered my question yet. What do you think about RC now?
You keep saying it's clear what RC tried to do, but I don't know what he tried to do that is so inflammatory in your opinion. I suppose that I might need you to expand on what you're saying so that I can see what your thoughts are on process is like.

I'm not being padantic at all with this question, but for the newbies, what is our ultimate goal and how do you plan to help achieve that goal?

Ryno, can I help you with quotes a little? It would make things easier for you to post and for us to read.

What I'm saying is that RC looks like scum because he is lynching me thinking I'm scum at beginning of d1, then says I'm town but still keeps the lynch, then doesn't talk so much afterwards and finally pops up his old lynch as if he never did it before and never explaining why he never did it. Doesn't that to you look like scum?
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (isolation #25) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:42 am

Post by Redemption »

In post 433, Voted wrote:Redemption, you have ultimate opportunity to influence the game with your reads. Do you want to use it?
What do you think I was doing the whole time? Plus, it's really not helping me out. But in hopes it helps town win I'm gonna continue to publish reads anyway.
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (isolation #26) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:08 am

Post by Redemption »

Since it's been requested, I'm gonna scale people from "Most Likely Town" to "Most Likely Scum" and my opinion of every player if it applies.

Most likely scum
: RadiantCowbells

I made my whole point many times about his plays. You can refer to the following posts : 403 and 434.

Probably scum
: Formerfish, Ryno56

I pronounced myself a lot about Fish being overdefensive and Ryno making reads depending on his "feelings" (although not as much since the 7th page).

Neutral
: YyottaCat, Overki11

I'd like to see more of them in the future, I can't put an opinion on them for now.

Probably town
: ScreamingNoodle, Voted

They posted a significant amount of content from them for now, I don't see them as scum as of late.

Most likely town
:Iconeum

He has put the same reads and remark as I did when I read Ryno and Fish. He's the player I trust the most so far.
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (isolation #27) » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:23 am

Post by Redemption »

Since I'm pretty sure I'm going to die, I might as well say my last words:

For those of you that lynched me, not a single one of you explained why you did it. While I explained in details what Radiant Cowbells did. He never even addressed what I said the whole time. It's like he has a willingness to plant his head so deep in the sand that he hopes no one can pick this up, yet you still lynch me and he's gonna get away with it. Sad world.

There's still some time left to do the right thing though. He talks of derailing wagons while he's creating one right before your eyes. We'll see who really derail wagons now.
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (isolation #28) » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:38 am

Post by Redemption »

In post 569, RadiantCowbells wrote:the fuck are you even saying right now
Go back at posts 403 and 434. You'll see.
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (isolation #29) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:17 pm

Post by Redemption »

In post 593, Formerfish wrote:
Weekends suck here. GiF asked for time. Voted looks like he wants to talk, but doesn't reply so Im not sure.

Ill be around and will make sure we don't no lynch, I was kinda hoping for someone to be around to talk into another lynch, but it doesnt look promising.
(Posting to avoid prod lol)

So Fish, you want me to die right? You're aware there is no turning back now? Why would you wish not for nl now?

I hope town will still make it without me though, this will probably be my last post in this game.
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (isolation #30) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:39 pm

Post by Redemption »

In post 597, Formerfish wrote:
In post 596, Redemption wrote:
In post 593, Formerfish wrote:
Weekends suck here. GiF asked for time. Voted looks like he wants to talk, but doesn't reply so Im not sure.

Ill be around and will make sure we don't no lynch, I was kinda hoping for someone to be around to talk into another lynch, but it doesnt look promising.
(Posting to avoid prod lol)

So Fish, you want me to die right? You're aware there is no turning back now? Why would you wish not for nl now?

I hope town will still make it without me though, this will probably be my last post in this game.
After this post I dont mind if you get hung, but no I wasnt advocating for your lynch at the moment. You could have deduced that on your own by looking at the vote count, or the post where I voted someone that wasnt you.

No I feel weird about not being on your wagon since you so want me to be, like I should give a dying wish or something.

I'm saying that because you said you hope we don't get no lynch. Since I'm assured to die, it's like you said you hope for me to get lynch lol.
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (isolation #31) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:07 am

Post by Redemption »

In post 606, Iconeum wrote:Redemption, did you not read the game or are you simply choosing to ignore my posts?
You haven't said much in the last few days.

In fact, it's more of the opposite situation rn. I'm warning you about RC. If he flips scum, let no one say that town was weak and got swept easily. I would've tried my best for this not to happen.
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (isolation #32) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:54 am

Post by Redemption »

I can answer whoever's questions at this point. I see people who tell me I don't address what they say for some reason.

Can you guys hit me up with quotes of what you want me to answer? Maybe we can improve the game by doing so.
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1103 (isolation #33) » Sat May 11, 2019 3:05 pm

Post by Redemption »

Wow, bravo to all of you guys.

I just can't believe I fucked up like this, thinking Radiant Cowbell could be scum.
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1105 (isolation #34) » Sat May 11, 2019 3:22 pm

Post by Redemption »

That you were scum? Yeah I was scum reading you hard on d1. I was still town though.

But hey, town screwed up just as much when I got lynched. Why did that happen anyway?
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1107 (isolation #35) » Sun May 12, 2019 2:22 am

Post by Redemption »

Can we know who was the last scum? Was it even mentioned? I didn't see.
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1109 (isolation #36) » Sun May 12, 2019 4:27 am

Post by Redemption »

Oh I thought there was 3 nevermind
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1111 (isolation #37) » Mon May 13, 2019 4:29 am

Post by Redemption »

Iconeum, why would you focus me knowing that the scum ratio is low? In this game, you'd have 2 on 11 chances to be right to do so. Why would you even say that knowing it didn't even work in the first place?

Now that you know that I'm an honest town, you definetly have no reason to do that. Although I'm thinking of changing my strategy since being honest can be very misleading in this game.
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1129 (isolation #38) » Wed May 15, 2019 9:27 am

Post by Redemption »

In post 1115, Iconeum wrote:
In post 1111, Redemption wrote:Iconeum,
why would you focus me knowing that the scum ratio is low
? In this game, you'd have 2 on 11 chances to be right to do so. Why would you even say that knowing it didn't even work in the first place?

Now that you know that I'm an honest town, you definetly have no reason to do that. Although I'm thinking of changing my strategy since being honest can be very misleading in this game.
Are you saying town should not lynch on D1 because statistically you are more likely to hit town then scum?

No, because you said you would definitely focus me in the future without even taking into account if I'm scum or not. That's not a right thing to do imo.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”