Newbie 1928 - The Climax - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:30 am

Post by Formerfish »

Spoiler:
In post 420, Screamingnoodle wrote:
In post 336, Formerfish wrote:
In post 325, Screamingnoodle wrote:FFish, Please explain why I'd be a comp choice? Because of inactivity until now?
Ill give the cliff notes version.
In post 58, Screamingnoodle wrote:I'll try and pop on when I can.
In post 156, Screamingnoodle wrote:Hey, sorry for being so crazy late.
Your activity is part of it, but its also part how you went about your activity. If you are going to be inactive, own it and declare l/va. If you say you are going to pop in when you can I find it hard to believe that from Friday the 19th to Wednesday the 24th you had no time. And even after you showed back up and said you were going to read it took you a day to post, which is when we get your questions
In post 277, Screamingnoodle wrote:Questions -
1. Are you new to Mafia? Have you played online before, or completely new to the game?
2. If you have played Mafia before, what roles do you like to play, which roles do you dislike? If you haven't played before, what roles do you like or dislike?
3. What type of hobbies do you have?
Random Question Stage is something that you could have done at the start of the game, if you had been playing, but at post 277 you are a bit late to the party.

There is plenty of content at this point that you could gleam information on and follow up on from there. Instead you ask random questions that most of the list hasnt given a shit about and you dont seem to care if people answer them or not.
In post 278, Screamingnoodle wrote:Myself being guilty in this, I completely agree with you.
Posts like this just annoy me. Its like you are looking for a pat on the back for realizing that inactivtiy hurts town, and you are renouncing your prior hurtful ways.

Then you bandwagoning on me about my tone and level, and when I ask you to show where I have been defensive you end up agreeing with my posts in your spoiler... And none of what you quoted showed how I was being defensive.

Thats about it. For now.
No, I don't really give a shit if anyone answers questions or not. Just a poor attempt at people communicating to get other content besides you and Ryno in a pissing contest.
There is value to the people who have been participating, but there isn't any where people haven't. (obviously)

Sounds like you have a real problem... and are kind of a jerk because of it. Sorry you are the way you are and need to take it out on people.

I don't think I've tried to hide in any way, that I was inactive for a period. In fact, I've owned it. Somehow you have a problem with the fact that I have??? Not sure why it offends you so much that I'm now active. To me this is very interesting...

Here's an idea... if you are town... why don't you want to work with town to get a lynch? I was agreeing with your posts because I truly do think you brought up good points. Teamwork vs mework ; but if you are not wanting that.. that's fine and yet another reason why I think you are very scummy.

Being a jerk only gets you lynched. You seem scummy to me, because you've been a jerk and not really working with the town as a team trying to convince others why you believe otherwise. I understand you have been on the defensive, and that you take offense that I also have you as scum leaning. Bandwagoning... absolutely not.

Reading your messages, it's not difficult to see the tone and your defensiveness.

Hell, even your message screams "I'm attacking you for valid reasons, because I'm mad you think I'm scum leaning." If this isn't the case, then I'd like to hear more from you on this.

Yawn....

You asked why I was scumreading you. I gave you my case. You reply with how much of an asshole I am. I would love to work with town to secure a righteous lynch here. I would love it if anyone who acted remotely town would stick around and talk to me for a bit.

Instead I get Ryno, RC and you.

I have no way of setting a town block because I don't know or trust anyone here. I know RC, but his play is so erratic, purposefully, that I don't even really try to worry about my read on him til later, which is why I'm not pushing him. I don't like his reads though so I can't follow him. And no one really seems to care about cases so blah.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:35 am

Post by Formerfish »

By the way. I'm done responding to people about how they perceive my play. If you have an issue with something I say take it up with the mod. Anyone pushing this further without any kind of supporting evidence will just be seen a fear monger and muckraker who needs rope.

I am not on tilt. I am not being defensive. This is me calmly playing this game. It could just be that I'm playing on a different level, which would make sense because I have a much better handle on the game and how to move it forward.

I don't know how to tell people they are adding tones where they're aren't any to my posts. Maybe that's internalization, or projection or something, but stop doing this. If you have a question about something I said or the way I said it, ask. Nail me down on my reads and my process so you Muppets can start seeing the reality of this game.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Ryno56
Ryno56
Goon
Ryno56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:05 am

Post by Ryno56 »

This is the last thing I'll say on the subject, since it isn't relevant to the game, but is helpful to Fish in his personal life. I understand that you're trying to play the game and you think we're opposing that, but that isn't how we see it. Your online posts carry a certain tone to them which comes in a very negative way. When three different people see you as being a jerk, but you see it as 'playing on a different level', then maybe you should think a little more about how you portray yourself.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:14 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 427, Ryno56 wrote:This is the last thing I'll say on the subject, since it isn't relevant to the game, but is helpful to Fish in his personal life. I understand that you're trying to play the game and you think we're opposing that, but that isn't how we see it. Your online posts carry a certain tone to them which comes in a very negative way. When three different people see you as being a jerk, but you see it as 'playing on a different level', then maybe you should think a little more about how you portray yourself.
Since it's not game relevant why don't we just save any interventions planned for me until after game?

The reason I don't like this is because it's not game relevant. Ryno, I plan on talking more with you after game because your alignment is going to matter to what I say. If you are scum then anything you do in game is done to achieve your wincon and will be chalked up to the game. If you are town then we'll have a different conversation.

You have to understand that if I dont read you as town then I'm going to be suspect of your motives and intentions behind things. It's literally the nature of the game.

I use a set of skills I've been working on for years to read people. It works to a varing degree of success. I do have success with it though.

The rest of this is for post game.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:16 am

Post by Formerfish »

Offering me life advice is pandering as fuck. You dont know me at all and are in no position to judge me or offer me advice. Stick to the game.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:27 am

Post by Redemption »

In post 422, Screamingnoodle wrote:Yea.. Redemption. Your'e posts are very scummy. I am tempted to hammer. I hate being the one to Hammer... :facepalm: It's such a scum move.

INTENT TO HAMMER

Actually, I'd rather die at this point XD
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:28 am

Post by Redemption »

Go ahead darling
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:38 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 427, Ryno56 wrote:When three different people see you as being a jerk
2 of those 3 could be scum pushing an agenda. And if 3 people think I'm scum why aren't they voting me? Where are the cases for me being scum that don't involve my tone? They don't exist. Show a scum mentality to any of my game actions and have people follow your case. Build it, maybe they'll come.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:40 am

Post by Voted »

Redemption, you have ultimate opportunity to influence the game with your reads. Do you want to use it?
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:40 am

Post by Redemption »

In post 416, Formerfish wrote:
In post 410, Redemption wrote:Notice that I'm speaking in the past when I read one of you and Ryno as scum and complimented RC. I don't think much about it anymore. It's clear to me now what RC tried to do.

You haven't answered my question yet. What do you think about RC now?
You keep saying it's clear what RC tried to do, but I don't know what he tried to do that is so inflammatory in your opinion. I suppose that I might need you to expand on what you're saying so that I can see what your thoughts are on process is like.

I'm not being padantic at all with this question, but for the newbies, what is our ultimate goal and how do you plan to help achieve that goal?

Ryno, can I help you with quotes a little? It would make things easier for you to post and for us to read.

What I'm saying is that RC looks like scum because he is lynching me thinking I'm scum at beginning of d1, then says I'm town but still keeps the lynch, then doesn't talk so much afterwards and finally pops up his old lynch as if he never did it before and never explaining why he never did it. Doesn't that to you look like scum?
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:42 am

Post by Redemption »

In post 433, Voted wrote:Redemption, you have ultimate opportunity to influence the game with your reads. Do you want to use it?
What do you think I was doing the whole time? Plus, it's really not helping me out. But in hopes it helps town win I'm gonna continue to publish reads anyway.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:43 am

Post by Voted »

In post 381, Formerfish wrote:
In post 227, Voted wrote:Its night here. I am letting you spam your small talk till page 15. Then I am pushing lynch anyone who makes first post in page 16.
He can come at me if he wants to
I was just seeing your conversation with Ryno getting unconstructive and wanted to make you stop before you overspam the game. You ceased the conversation at right moment. I want to be pushing you, but not because of that.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:44 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

UNVOTE:
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:45 am

Post by Voted »

In post 324, Voted wrote:Fish, you read Noodle and Ryno as scum.
RadiantCowbells, you read Noodle and Ryno as town.
I would love to see disccusion on this theme from you.
You ignored this.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:46 am

Post by Voted »

In post 328, Voted wrote:
In post 327, Ryno56 wrote:Is there a reason for lynching me over someone who isn't active?
Then push sameone who isn't active.
In post 350, Iconeum wrote:
In post 330, Ryno56 wrote:VOTE: YyottaCat

I would like to request we lynch YyottaCat, who has been inactive for a long time.
Ryno, why are you trying to lynch an inactive player when you have other scumreads? Scumreads you are not pushing at all, not even voting?
That is my fault.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:51 am

Post by Voted »

I don't understand the thing about YyottaCat lurking. She was posting every day (same of her post were actually even samewhat constructive) until 22nd of April. Then she forget about this game existing. Is that scummy behaviour?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:52 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 434, Redemption wrote:What I'm saying is that RC looks like scum because he is
lynching
Do you mean voting you here? Lynching is what happens when someone gets 5 votes, so far youve only been voted for, not lynched.
me thinking I'm scum at beginning of d1, then says I'm town but still keeps the
lynch
Vote?
, then doesn't talk so much afterwards and finally
pops up his old lynch
RC goes back to his scum read on you?
as if he never did it before and never explaining why he never did it. Doesn't that to you look like scum?
Ok, so beside the notes in the quote I made, let me see if I can figure this.

You want me to scum read RC because he voted you early on , then called you town , and then says he finally read and votes you and defends his read in ?

RC might be scum here, but its not for that. Not at all.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:55 am

Post by Voted »

Formerfish. About your behaviour. Can be (being overdefensive and/or agressive) and (refusing to admit it) taken as scum trait?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:56 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 438, Voted wrote:
In post 324, Voted wrote:Fish, you read Noodle and Ryno as scum.
RadiantCowbells, you read Noodle and Ryno as town.
I would love to see disccusion on this theme from you.
You ignored this.
I didnt ignore it, well maybe I did, but because I dont have an answer for you. RC and I are different players and have different experience and see things different ways. If we are both of the same alignment our paths will eventually align and we will have reads that are more in step.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:57 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 439, Voted wrote:
In post 328, Voted wrote:
In post 327, Ryno56 wrote:Is there a reason for lynching me over someone who isn't active?
Then push sameone who isn't active.
In post 350, Iconeum wrote:
In post 330, Ryno56 wrote:VOTE: YyottaCat

I would like to request we lynch YyottaCat, who has been inactive for a long time.
Ryno, why are you trying to lynch an inactive player when you have other scumreads? Scumreads you are not pushing at all, not even voting?
That is my fault.
Its not your fault. You didnt make Ryno vote for Yyotta. Unless you are a master of mind control. What number am I thinking about right now?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:59 am

Post by Voted »

666, 42 or 2. Not sure.
Ryno56
Ryno56
Goon
Ryno56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:04 am

Post by Ryno56 »

Sticking to game here - to clarify, I'm using the fact that Fish is being a bit of a jerk to justify my scum read on him, that's entirely separate from the game. My read is based off the way that he is overly defensive to small details, overly aggressive on irrelevant details, etc.

I don't think that people would stoop to using personal attacks to win as scum players, or at least, if that does happen then I don't want to be a part of it. That is outside of the game to me and I consider it immoral. I don't know where this community draws the line, or what the guidelines are, or where to find such information, but I would very much like to see it. @mhsmith0?

Redemption wants to be lynched. He has realised that he has no case, and he is hoping that in volunteering to be lynched, we will all back off (since he's assuming scum wouldn't openly offer to be lynched) . If he wants to be lynched, I say we lynch him.
Ryno56
Ryno56
Goon
Ryno56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:05 am

Post by Ryno56 »

Voted is saying that he encouraged I push an inactive player. I had Yyotta as a scum read so I pushed them. Then someone had a problem with it, but Voted did support my decision there
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:08 am

Post by Redemption »

Since it's been requested, I'm gonna scale people from "Most Likely Town" to "Most Likely Scum" and my opinion of every player if it applies.

Most likely scum
: RadiantCowbells

I made my whole point many times about his plays. You can refer to the following posts : 403 and 434.

Probably scum
: Formerfish, Ryno56

I pronounced myself a lot about Fish being overdefensive and Ryno making reads depending on his "feelings" (although not as much since the 7th page).

Neutral
: YyottaCat, Overki11

I'd like to see more of them in the future, I can't put an opinion on them for now.

Probably town
: ScreamingNoodle, Voted

They posted a significant amount of content from them for now, I don't see them as scum as of late.

Most likely town
:Iconeum

He has put the same reads and remark as I did when I read Ryno and Fish. He's the player I trust the most so far.
Ryno56
Ryno56
Goon
Ryno56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:10 am

Post by Ryno56 »

In post 448, Redemption wrote:
Probably scum
: Formerfish, Ryno56
I pronounced myself a lot about Fish being overdefensive and Ryno making reads depending on his "feelings" (although not as much since the 7th page).
Having a gut feeling is not scummy

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”