Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Tue May 18, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 5, Cabd wrote:
"How many amino acids are in the standard genetic code? Is it A) 12, B) 16, or C) 20? Mob, start locking in your answers.
It's been a while, but I think this is
C
?

VOTE: NinjaStore
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Tue May 18, 2021 5:26 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 12, navigatorv wrote:Not a lot of info to go on. From the brief look around the forum, it seems like most people aren't a fan of RQS and I get the feeling no vote is a good way to be the first elimination lol I guess if I have to pick, I'll go for the first voter (sorry, but I agree with your guess at least)

VOTE: Micc
This reads pretty awkward.

If you find RQS useful, then give it a try. Even if people ignore it that’s something you can read into.
More significant imo: you imply that not putting a vote down would you look suspicious, but you ignore another player who did that and instead vote for me. Is my vote coming down first even more suspicious than orctin not voting in their first post?
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Wed May 19, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 17, navigatorv wrote:The rules of this topic say unvoting isn't necessary, so does that mean if I were to change my mind I'd just have to vote for someone new?
This is correct

RE: no elimination
The majority of setups played on this site are balanced such that Town does not have enough power to sit on their hands and wait for PR’s to solve the game. We must make reads and eliminate starting Day 1. I can run through the numbers if any newbies want a detailed breakdown. The good news is this balance makes an interesting and fun game as opposed to just being a logic puzzle.
In post 32, orctin wrote:For sure quieter than the previous game i played here, we had a very aggressive player and stirred up a lot of posting very quickly. Everyone seems pretty laid back or laying low right now it seems
Did you find that having a very aggressive player was helpful for Town in your previous game? I’m assuming yes, and kind of wondering why you didn’t take this line of thinking one step further and fill the void yourself?
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (isolation #3) » Wed May 19, 2021 5:32 pm

Post by Micc »

Pretty underwhelmed by opening posts across the board. I think the biggest thing to keep in mind, especially for those of you who are more used to real-time social deduction games is that nothing useful will happen in this thread unless someone makes it happen. And when nothing useful happens, we end up eliminating at random and likely losing. So post your thoughts, ask questions that come to mind, and be willing to build conversation on to what other players are posting. Many seemingly useless conversations become meaningful with more context later in the game. The ability to go back to these conversations is the biggest difference about playing on a forum vs live.

VOTE: orctin
I think orctin is at least somewhat responsible for our game’s underwhelming start since he demonstrated understanding that a certain amount of aggressiveness is good for moving the game along, but still chose to make a second RVS vote instead of being aggressive.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (isolation #4) » Wed May 19, 2021 7:22 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 38, orctin wrote:Actually no, it created a very tense and unpleasant game as the main antagonist was singular minded, and didn't listen to much in counter discussions but just called most people scum who went against them, the attacked the player more after they claimed a PR role basically being forced to out themselves in frustration, and after 8 days of day 1, when we finally ended the day - the player was wrong and cost us one of our town PR day 1 - Luckily a few of us managed to play our own game, and town won day 2. Jackson knows, he was part of the game.

I am not an aggressive player, i prefer to watch more, see where people go and look for connections - and right now Micc you seem to just be throwing a vote out there so you can basically say you did, no real reason behind it except to vote for me because i'm not aggressive enough for you? Seems pretty weak logic there. That is the fun part of this game, so many different personalities all come together.
Yeah, fair enough. I’m talking about being aggressive as proactive actions creating meaningful interactions in the thread, and you’re talking about a tunnel visioned player going full speed at their target. I agree that’s an undesirable style of play.

You’re right that I’ve thrown my vote into play with little to go on, but your post isn’t very clear about how you’re reading my action. Am I more or less likely to be scum, or was my vote not alignment indicative?
In post 39, NinjaStore wrote:Micc taking orctin to E-2 this early on day 1, when he already has two joke votes, is fishy. All it would take to eliminate orctin at this point is one inexperienced player following his example and one other scum vote.
I’m going to stop you right there, and ask you to think about what our goal as a Town is and how we win the game.

In this scenario, wouldn’t you have just found scum? You did confidently name someone scum without any clarifier. Sure, its trading town lives for scum, but it’s a good trade in the grand scheme of things, especially if any Town PRs survive the exchange.

I don’t think it’s strong play to be worried about E-2 wagons in a game of this size. As long as everyone has the understanding that Town never hammers without a claim under any circumstance, nothing can go wrong.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (isolation #5) » Wed May 19, 2021 7:29 pm

Post by Micc »

Oh and we’re at the point in the game where it’s necessary to be transitioning from RVS votes to something meaningful. So anyone who still doesn’t like the E-2 wagon can blame the RVS voters for getting in the way of my attempt at a real wagon.

Minor town points to NinjaStore for recognizing this and getting off.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (isolation #6) » Thu May 20, 2021 3:19 am

Post by Micc »

In post 44, NinjaStore wrote:
In post 42, Micc wrote: In this scenario, wouldn’t you have just found scum? You did confidently name someone scum without any clarifier.
Are you talking about my joke vote on orctin? The game had barely started.
Not in the part you quoted, but later in post 43 I was. In this quoted part I’m talking about the player who hammered without warning in the hypothetical situation you gave. You called them scum, and I’d agree! We’d eliminate then the following day and be happy with the exchange.
In post 46, navigatorv wrote:
In post 43, Micc wrote:So anyone who still doesn’t like the E-2 wagon can blame the RVS voters for getting in the way of my attempt at a real wagon.
Except weren't you the first person to vote? No one had even posted aside from mods and you immediately targetted NinjaStore with no reasoning even given. That's hardly attempting to start a real wagon, even a joke vote has more justification than that.
I made a joke (aka RVS) vote on NinjaStore and then transitioned into a more serious vote on orctin. I think that’s pretty straightforward and reasonable. We are ~15% of the way through Day 1 already. What pert of this do you find indicative of my alignment and why?
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (isolation #7) » Thu May 20, 2021 9:12 am

Post by Micc »

In post 53, navigatorv wrote:I just find it odd that you're suddenly taking issue with the people who did RVS when you did it yourself and were advocating it until that post
I haven’t expressed any issues with RVS votes. Just that I think we are at the stage of the game where “good” Town play would be to transition from RVS to real and meaningful votes.

Predit: pls don’t die. Thanks
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (isolation #8) » Thu May 20, 2021 11:51 am

Post by Micc »

Votes for a replaced player and the vote of the replaced player stay where they are.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (isolation #9) » Thu May 20, 2021 8:15 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 64, humaneatingmonkey wrote:VOTE: Micc

Teach us how to react to pressure, Micc.
I usually like to start by looking at the wagon and trying to understand why people are voting me. Is their case valid or is there some misunderstanding to be cleared up...are they campaigning for my elimination or just expressing their strongest read for the time being...are they arguing in good faith or just looking for a mid-elimination?

Navigatorv and Fizz Rabb seem to be pretty standard cases of Newbie sees aggressive wagoning and their instinct is to call it scum because scum’s goal is to make mis-eliminations. It’s a superficial level of thinking that basically everyone starts with. I’ve tried to explain how my aggressive wagoning can also be positive for Town, and I think they’ll understand with time.

Salsabil Faria could fall into the same category, but don’t have a great feel yet because her posting has been low substance.

You (HEM) presumably spent the 25 minutes between saying hi and voting me reading the game. You could have any number of motivations for the vote, but until you demonstrate a desire to see me eliminated today I’m going to take it as RVS.

Putting everything together, it doesn’t feel like a wagon with any real momentum and I’m satisfied with the extent I’ve justified my actions. My time tomorrow will be best spent working on making reads, but for now it’s well past bed time.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (isolation #10) » Thu May 20, 2021 8:17 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 65, orctin wrote: Salsabil Faria - seems knowledgeable on the game
Can you justify this one for me? I’m not seeing it at all.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (isolation #11) » Fri May 21, 2021 8:44 am

Post by Micc »

In post 93, orctin wrote:
In post 68, Micc wrote:
In post 65, orctin wrote: Salsabil Faria - seems knowledgeable on the game
Can you justify this one for me? I’m not seeing it at all.
Post 36 and 54 (dont know that "link to post shortcut") - demonstrated knowledge of the game and understanding overall reading of players and their town/scum position
Yeah, I couldn’t disagree with this take more. Each of those posts are one sentence long. The first is just expression of a scum read with the barest of detail and the second is handing out a town read to navigatorv for misunderstanding my posting. I think these posts indicate Salsabil Faria as a weak scum-hunter instead of being knowledgeable about the game.

Spoiler:
In post 36, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 35, Micc wrote: VOTE: orctin
I think orctin is at least somewhat responsible for our game’s underwhelming start since he demonstrated understanding that a certain amount of aggressiveness is good for moving the game along, but still chose to make a second RVS vote instead of being aggressive.
You're stretching to hard on this which I find scummy atm.

UNVOTE: JacksonVirgo

VOTE: Micc
In post 54, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 53, navigatorv wrote:I just find it odd that you're suddenly taking issue with the people who did RVS when you did it yourself and were advocating it until that post
+ town point to
navigatorv
for this post.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (isolation #12) » Fri May 21, 2021 9:10 am

Post by Micc »

In post 83, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 75, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 54, Salsabil Faria wrote:
+ town point to
navigatorv
for this post.
You don't have anythign else to post about other than those which is "backing up" your own vote in a sense?
Cause I'm scum :yawn: (you caught me! :o)

I'm pretty busy recently, final exam is knocking at the door and I've 0 prep lol! So, I'll post less and engage if I think I've to.

And about the post you quoted, if I'm agreeing someone's pov on someone, what is wrong with that? For the reason I think
Micc
is scummy, if the reason matches with someone's else thought and I think they are town for that, why it’s suspicious to you? I don’t understand your though process here.
Salsabil Faria:
What are your thoughts about where I explained that navigatorv had misunderstood the point I was trying to make.
In post 89, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Micc feels like he's town.
HEM:
What part of my posting from last night convinced you, or did you feel that way before voting me?
In post 104, Dum wrote:Micc. Oh boi, this is gonna be a long one. Now, i went diving into some old-ish posts by Micc including a game he modded, tryin to look for a way to explain the "overexplaining" some are using to call then scum. From what i can tell (And that is not much, im not a psychic) Micc uses this kind of phrasing when in a "Important function (aka modding a game). Now, since they are NOT modding this game, i can come up with a few different explanations.

1-As a SE in a newbie game, they are trying to help new players by epxlaining everything carefully, so they can better understand the game and have fun. This would make sense and not be a reason for a scumread

2-Alternatively, they might also be a important town role (PR), and are trying to "lead" the town. Not really confident in this one, since im not sure if "leading" is a thing in forum mafia as it is in ToS or IRL mafia. Not too sure about this.

3-They are simply scum trying to mask that fact (and arguably doing a bad job at it) by overexplaining and blending in by looking helpfull. Is this possible? yes, not denying it. is it likely? as of right now, no, option 1 is more likely from my POV.
I think this analysis shows a good approach to scum-hunting that is hard for newbies to mimic as scum. Moves me in the direction of town-reading Dum.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (isolation #13) » Fri May 21, 2021 9:20 am

Post by Micc »

Did you intend to hammer and miss because of Dum’s miscounting of votes? Or is this supposed to be a reaction test?
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (isolation #14) » Fri May 21, 2021 10:10 am

Post by Micc »

Ok, but did you think your vote was the hammer or did you know it was only 4th vote?
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (isolation #15) » Sun May 23, 2021 2:44 am

Post by Micc »

Busy today, but I’ll be here to catch up tonight
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1190 (isolation #16) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:07 am

Post by Micc »

thanks all for the game and to cabd for moderating.

Sorry for replacing out. Every once in a while I forget that I don't like playing mafia and decide to try it again. Fascinating game to study and I love teaching it to the extent I'm able, but man I hate playing.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”