Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 12:59 am

Post by Cabd »

Votecount 1-1

With 9 players alive, it will take 5 votes to eliminate.

Orctin (2): JacksonVirgo, NinjaStore
JacksonVirgo (2): orctin. Salsabil Faria
Micc (1_: navigatorv
NinjaStore (1): Micc
navigatorv (1): Dum

Not Voting (2): Fizz Raab, dsjstr

The deadline for day one is set at (expired on 2021-05-28 20:18:34)
Last edited by Cabd on Wed May 19, 2021 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 2:38 am

Post by orctin »

VOTE: dsjstr For not saying anything yet - wakeup there
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 3:21 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 24, Dum wrote:Hello! First time playing mafia (on this site) so if i mess up, im sorry in advance.

VOTE: navigatorv
Hi!
Did you play forum mafia before on different sites?
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
Dum
Dum
Townie
Dum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 4:20 am

Post by Dum »

In post 27, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 24, Dum wrote:Hello! First time playing mafia (on this site) so if i mess up, im sorry in advance.

VOTE: navigatorv
Hi!
Did you play forum mafia before on different sites?
Forum mafia, no, but i played a lot of IRL mafia before covid and play a lot of real time mafia styled games (Town of salem is/Mafia.gg are good examples). i just overall enjoy mystery games, figuring stuff out is fun
NinjaStore
NinjaStore
Townie
NinjaStore
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 6:33 am

Post by NinjaStore »

I played a few times on SA, and I'm not all that familiar with how things are different here. But I haven't played any mafia in a few years.
Fizz Raab
Fizz Raab
Townie
Fizz Raab
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 10:54 am

Post by Fizz Raab »

In post 20, navigatorv wrote:Fair enough. Like I said, I'll trust the people with more experience until I've gotten the hang of things
Never feel afraid of asking questions if you don't understand or aren't sure on things, same with everyone else as well as I asked a lot of them when I played my first game here. It will do you a lot of good.

Got to say I've never heard of one vs one hundred, maybe because I'm not from America. Wonder what the game show was about?
navigatorv
navigatorv
Goon
navigatorv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 11:18 am

Post by navigatorv »

Iirc it was basically a quiz show where people had to answer a bunch of questions and beat 100 other anonymous people or something like that.
And thanks, if I have trouble I'll be sure to ask
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 1:08 pm

Post by orctin »

For sure quieter than the previous game i played here, we had a very aggressive player and stirred up a lot of posting very quickly. Everyone seems pretty laid back or laying low right now it seems
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 4:10 pm

Post by Cabd »

Votecount 1-2

With 9 players alive, it will take 5 votes to eliminate.

Orctin (2): JacksonVirgo, NinjaStore
JacksonVirgo (1): Salsabil Faria
Micc (1): navigatorv
NinjaStore (1): Micc
navigatorv (1): Dum
dsjstr (1): orctin

Not Voting (2): Fizz Raab, dsjstr

The deadline for day one is set at (expired on 2021-05-28 20:18:34)
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 17, navigatorv wrote:The rules of this topic say unvoting isn't necessary, so does that mean if I were to change my mind I'd just have to vote for someone new?
This is correct

RE: no elimination
The majority of setups played on this site are balanced such that Town does not have enough power to sit on their hands and wait for PR’s to solve the game. We must make reads and eliminate starting Day 1. I can run through the numbers if any newbies want a detailed breakdown. The good news is this balance makes an interesting and fun game as opposed to just being a logic puzzle.
In post 32, orctin wrote:For sure quieter than the previous game i played here, we had a very aggressive player and stirred up a lot of posting very quickly. Everyone seems pretty laid back or laying low right now it seems
Did you find that having a very aggressive player was helpful for Town in your previous game? I’m assuming yes, and kind of wondering why you didn’t take this line of thinking one step further and fill the void yourself?
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 5:32 pm

Post by Micc »

Pretty underwhelmed by opening posts across the board. I think the biggest thing to keep in mind, especially for those of you who are more used to real-time social deduction games is that nothing useful will happen in this thread unless someone makes it happen. And when nothing useful happens, we end up eliminating at random and likely losing. So post your thoughts, ask questions that come to mind, and be willing to build conversation on to what other players are posting. Many seemingly useless conversations become meaningful with more context later in the game. The ability to go back to these conversations is the biggest difference about playing on a forum vs live.

VOTE: orctin
I think orctin is at least somewhat responsible for our game’s underwhelming start since he demonstrated understanding that a certain amount of aggressiveness is good for moving the game along, but still chose to make a second RVS vote instead of being aggressive.
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 5:56 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 35, Micc wrote: VOTE: orctin
I think orctin is at least somewhat responsible for our game’s underwhelming start since he demonstrated understanding that a certain amount of aggressiveness is good for moving the game along, but still chose to make a second RVS vote instead of being aggressive.
You're stretching to hard on this which I find scummy atm.

UNVOTE: JacksonVirgo

VOTE: Micc
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 36, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 35, Micc wrote: VOTE: orctin
You're stretching
too
hard on this which I find scummy atm.

UNVOTE: JacksonVirgo

VOTE: Micc
EBWOP

orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 6:25 pm

Post by orctin »

In post 35, Micc wrote: I think orctin is at least somewhat responsible for our game’s underwhelming start since he demonstrated understanding that a certain amount of aggressiveness is good for moving the game along, but still chose to make a second RVS vote instead of being aggressive.
Actually no, it created a very tense and unpleasant game as the main antagonist was singular minded, and didn't listen to much in counter discussions but just called most people scum who went against them, the attacked the player more after they claimed a PR role basically being forced to out themselves in frustration, and after 8 days of day 1, when we finally ended the day - the player was wrong and cost us one of our town PR day 1 - Luckily a few of us managed to play our own game, and town won day 2. Jackson knows, he was part of the game.

I am not an aggressive player, i prefer to watch more, see where people go and look for connections - and right now Micc you seem to just be throwing a vote out there so you can basically say you did, no real reason behind it except to vote for me because i'm not aggressive enough for you? Seems pretty weak logic there. That is the fun part of this game, so many different personalities all come together.
NinjaStore
NinjaStore
Townie
NinjaStore
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 6:30 pm

Post by NinjaStore »

Micc taking orctin to E-2 this early on day 1, when he already has two joke votes, is fishy. All it would take to eliminate orctin at this point is one inexperienced player following his example and one other scum vote. I'm not going to put a third vote on Micc so early when barely any discussion has happened yet, but he looks the scummiest to me so far.

UNVOTE: orctin
navigatorv
navigatorv
Goon
navigatorv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 6:51 pm

Post by navigatorv »

I have to agree with what's been said thus far. I can understand a certain level of aggression being needed to prevent a mafia win, but this feels a little artificial to me I guess? For one thing there's the assumption that careful players expect PRs to win the game for them, when you'd think someone advocating that we make good reads on people would have a more positive view on the matter. Then as NinjaStore said, bringing someone that close to elimimation when the game's barely started feels a little odd.

Not to say necessarily that what you're saying is outright wrong, in fact you've given plenty of good advice as well, but I can't say that the way you've been acting is really making me consider changing my vote. That said, the game is, again, still pretty early in so I'm going to keep an open mind if something else sticks out.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 7:22 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 38, orctin wrote:Actually no, it created a very tense and unpleasant game as the main antagonist was singular minded, and didn't listen to much in counter discussions but just called most people scum who went against them, the attacked the player more after they claimed a PR role basically being forced to out themselves in frustration, and after 8 days of day 1, when we finally ended the day - the player was wrong and cost us one of our town PR day 1 - Luckily a few of us managed to play our own game, and town won day 2. Jackson knows, he was part of the game.

I am not an aggressive player, i prefer to watch more, see where people go and look for connections - and right now Micc you seem to just be throwing a vote out there so you can basically say you did, no real reason behind it except to vote for me because i'm not aggressive enough for you? Seems pretty weak logic there. That is the fun part of this game, so many different personalities all come together.
Yeah, fair enough. I’m talking about being aggressive as proactive actions creating meaningful interactions in the thread, and you’re talking about a tunnel visioned player going full speed at their target. I agree that’s an undesirable style of play.

You’re right that I’ve thrown my vote into play with little to go on, but your post isn’t very clear about how you’re reading my action. Am I more or less likely to be scum, or was my vote not alignment indicative?
In post 39, NinjaStore wrote:Micc taking orctin to E-2 this early on day 1, when he already has two joke votes, is fishy. All it would take to eliminate orctin at this point is one inexperienced player following his example and one other scum vote.
I’m going to stop you right there, and ask you to think about what our goal as a Town is and how we win the game.

In this scenario, wouldn’t you have just found scum? You did confidently name someone scum without any clarifier. Sure, its trading town lives for scum, but it’s a good trade in the grand scheme of things, especially if any Town PRs survive the exchange.

I don’t think it’s strong play to be worried about E-2 wagons in a game of this size. As long as everyone has the understanding that Town never hammers without a claim under any circumstance, nothing can go wrong.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 7:29 pm

Post by Micc »

Oh and we’re at the point in the game where it’s necessary to be transitioning from RVS votes to something meaningful. So anyone who still doesn’t like the E-2 wagon can blame the RVS voters for getting in the way of my attempt at a real wagon.

Minor town points to NinjaStore for recognizing this and getting off.
NinjaStore
NinjaStore
Townie
NinjaStore
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 7:38 pm

Post by NinjaStore »

In post 42, Micc wrote: In this scenario, wouldn’t you have just found scum? You did confidently name someone scum without any clarifier.
Are you talking about my joke vote on orctin? The game had barely started.
NinjaStore
NinjaStore
Townie
NinjaStore
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 7:43 pm

Post by NinjaStore »

In post 42, Micc wrote:
In post 39, NinjaStore wrote:Micc taking orctin to E-2 this early on day 1, when he already has two joke votes, is fishy. All it would take to eliminate orctin at this point is one inexperienced player following his example and one other scum vote.
I’m going to stop you right there, and ask you to think about what our goal as a Town is and how we win the game.

In this scenario, wouldn’t you have just found scum? You did confidently name someone scum without any clarifier. Sure, its trading town lives for scum, but it’s a good trade in the grand scheme of things, especially if any Town PRs survive the exchange.

I don’t think it’s strong play to be worried about E-2 wagons in a game of this size. As long as everyone has the understanding that Town never hammers without a claim under any circumstance, nothing can go wrong.
This entire post is scummy. It sounds like you're advocating for eliminating someone at random and that it will probably work out.
navigatorv
navigatorv
Goon
navigatorv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 7:51 pm

Post by navigatorv »

In post 43, Micc wrote:So anyone who still doesn’t like the E-2 wagon can blame the RVS voters for getting in the way of my attempt at a real wagon.
Except weren't you the first person to vote? No one had even posted aside from mods and you immediately targetted NinjaStore with no reasoning even given. That's hardly attempting to start a real wagon, even a joke vote has more justification than that.
Dum
Dum
Townie
Dum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 11:32 pm

Post by Dum »

I dont like anything about that Bandwagon, i dont think the scumread is solid enought to have 3 votes being put on it that fast, especially considering the first vote was a reaction test. I REALLY dislike how fast votes 2 and 3 hopped on that, and i think at least 1 scum voted that. Also ther person i voted for still hasant talked so either they are unaware the game start, unable to play the game yesterday for whatever reason, or just mega scummy for coasting along a entire day
navigatorv
navigatorv
Goon
navigatorv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 3:13 am

Post by navigatorv »

What are you talking about? Didn't you vote for me?
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 3:14 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I've been busy today so I'll catch up tomorrow.
Also...
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him