NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:48 pm

Post by NotAJumbleOfNumbers »

So I kinda forgot the game was happening, but I've played this setup a couple times in sitechat before, (and modded them, too) and usually it doesn't matter who gets lynched first, just because if you get town, you get a confirmed townie, and most of the time by the first couple minutes based on who's working with who and so on and so forth. I saw the votecount and it looked like it was him or you. I knew if I voted you I'd either get scum and p much win, or I'd get town and you'd shoot him (killing scum). That's how it goes pretty much every time. So I flipped a coin that would only land heads up.

I get this setup mixed up a lot, though, with SS3 (and also every time I skim this I think townies are perma one-shot lynchproof) which is why I posted like I did at beginning of day 2. I know you know I'm town, cuz if you didn't think I was, you'd have shot me yesterday. Let's lynch RC and win this thing for the homies?
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:12 pm

In post 8, Roden wrote:^Uh, wrong game?
It was a copypasta
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:48 pm

VOTE: Jumble Copypastas? In MY newbie game?
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:52 pm

In post 13, T3 wrote:I AM THE SCUM AND I AM HERETO TAKE OVER THE WORLD OF NEWBIE GAMES. THIS IS MINE NOW.
VOTE: T3
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:02 pm

also don't be fooled by my join date I actually cannot play Mafia

which is what I'm trying to fix by playing this game
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #5) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:01 am

In post 21, Roden wrote:
In post 20, GuyInFreezer wrote:Hoi ppl
What’s your favorite gelato flavor?
I'm a fan of raspberry. You?
In post 19, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:also don't be fooled by my join date I actually cannot play Mafia

which is what I'm trying to fix by playing this game
But you've still played for awhile I assume?
I've played like one game every four months and I've flaked out of most of them. There's a reason why I'm still Newbie.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:00 am

In post 24, Clasko wrote:
In post 20, GuyInFreezer wrote:Hoi ppl
What’s your favorite gelato flavor?
I'll be honest - I had to use a search engine to find out the difference between gelato and ice cream.
Raspberry is a good shout. I've always loved raspberry ripple ice cream anyways.

@Jumble - you'll be fine. :P

A :P probably comes off as more confrontational than you meant here <.<
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:03 am

In post 39, T3 wrote:Rqs:

1. What is your mafia experience?

2. Are you mafia, or town?

3. Favorite gelato flavor?
- Several attempts at playing Mafia, most ending badly.

- Town. Why wouldn't it be?

- Mint, presumably
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #8) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:35 am

In post 59, Rockhopper wrote:
In post 36, sang froid wrote:Hello all, sure is nice when you roll PR huh? Who shall I check on tonight, I wonder
VOTE: sang froi
Works better as PR bait imo
yeah seriously wth
VOTE: sang froi
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:32 am

In post 107, Roden wrote:I really need to hear more from GIF and Jumble too.
Sorry for bringing up this so early in the game, but I just don't respond well to pressure. I've been trying to fix this for a while now, and really the only way that's going to happen if I just keep posting. But my reading ability is basically non-existent! What am I supposed to do then?
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:01 am

In post 115, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 112, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:
In post 107, Roden wrote:I really need to hear more from GIF and Jumble too.
Sorry for bringing up this so early in the game, but I just don't respond well to pressure. I've been trying to fix this for a while now, and really the only way that's going to happen if I just keep posting. But my reading ability is basically non-existent! What am I supposed to do then?
What happens when you get pressure? Do you break, or just drop out?
I've linked a few of my games in the first sentence (starting with "I".) I usually just flake out, but once I broke and THEN flaked out, which is probably worse.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #11) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:03 am

Okay, moving on so I don't sound like some old hag who keeps rambling about meta:
- #104: That's really scummy? I'm not seeing it here. This just sounds like a good explanation.
- #87: Wait, E-3 is apparently a bad thing to do? That definitely sounds wrong to me. That's just two votes - and that happens all the time without much fanfare or notice.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #12) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:33 pm

In post 138, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 116, Vaxkiller wrote:Sry, you guys deserve better. I should have marked myself VLA over the weekend. Some weeks are better than others, but last week end was really busy. But I'm here now on the weekdays!
Btw I have no excuses.
One liners will be all y’all get from me unless I feel a big need to post longer which is basically almost never.
Why drag it out in paragraphs when I can say two lines to say what I need amirite

With that said now I have pretty strong 5 townreads. I can prob really solve this in 4 days.
This pings me as possibly scummy. The first part I can get as like a meta thing, but why say you have a bunch of townreads and then not elaborate on it at all? I just don't get it.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #13) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:45 pm

Also, how in the world do you get five strong townreads in six pages?!?!?!? This feels like 100% coast material, like what Roden said.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #14) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:46 pm

And uh UNVOTE: because we're out of RVS and also because I don't think we should be taking out our votes when it's still a bit early and one of the players still hasn't posted yet. Now with that being said I'm still not feeling great about sang (still do not feel good about that PR RVS post), Rockhopper (mostly a gut read, he does feel inconsistent at times), or GuyInFreezer (see above posts.) I'm pointing fingers at all of them.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #15) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:58 pm

Do you ever have one of those moments where you regret literally every post you've made? Yeah that just happened to me
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (isolation #16) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:18 pm

In post 151, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:Do you ever have one of those moments where you regret literally every post you've made? Yeah that just happened to me
I now regret this one too.

To clarify, I'm pretty sure I was being hypocritical (didn't explain the quoted post, for one), sheepy (my posts on GuyInFreezer), and I also just failed to remember that the vote I had before the unvote wasn't even an RVS one. Ugh.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #17) » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:02 am

In post 163, T3 wrote:
In post 149, fferyllt wrote:allez
This has turned from you wanting pagetops to put the vcs on to theft.

I have a very strong tr on Vax for reasons that I don't want to explain right now but it was the post Rockhopper is voting Vax for that pingedme as town the most.
I'm uh...not seeing either? At best he's a lean in one direction, but I'd have to agree with Roden and say he's null rn.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #18) » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:47 am

...they haven't posted. We should at least wait for them to post once (or their slot gets replaced with someone else and they post.)

Speaking of that,
@Mod
Can we at least get a prod on Johnny going?
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (isolation #19) » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:47 am

In post 183, Rockhopper wrote:What kind of scum strongly townreads 5 newbies like that lol
GIF's town prolly.
Seems like a good plan to me. You TR a bunch of people and slip the other scum in there discretely. Then you can backtrack on a few reads and everyone will probably be fine with it because they'll assume that you were overconfident or something. If he is scum I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled the names out of a hat.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #20) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:32 am

In post 192, Rockhopper wrote:His scumpool seems fine to me on a second read so I doubt it's some some big brain play as scum.
I mean, Johnny and Vaxkiller I can kind of get (even if i think they're a bit null rn) but Clasko??? I don't see where he's drawing that from.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #21) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:09 am

In post 206, GuyInFreezer wrote:
Posts may look decent but if you actually look at it the reads are really just following the flow of the game.
Not really? His first reads list placed Sang in town which was going against general opinion at the time, I think. But at the same time I kind of understand it too - 130 and 200 were a bit of an echo. That being said, he added some of his own thoughts too, so that shouldn't count against him.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #22) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:40 am

In post 200, Clasko wrote:@Jumble I know who you suspect, I'd like to know: who do you town read right now?
Roden first, then maybe you or Vaxkiller? I'm only confident in Roden, he's been consistently posting very useful posts.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #23) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:49 am

How have you locked five other people in nine pages????
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #24) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:37 pm

In post 237, GuyInFreezer wrote:he has a solid on Radon and somewhat solid reads on Clasko and Vax (which I do not agree but let’s chalk that as him being new)
I don't think I communicated this well but there's a bit of a drop-off from my #1 to my #2 and 3. I'd say I was about 90% confident in my Roden TR but only about 40% on Clasko/Vaxkiller. That being said, I'm chucking Vaxkiller off my townleans now. I went back and looked at their ISO and it just really isn't that great. I gave them a pass earlier because they said they would be better on the weekdays (and also because it was still early in the day), but it's been like 3 days and they still are making the same kind of posts for no good reason.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (isolation #25) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 pm

In post 242, Roden wrote:As far as who Vax's partner could be...the only way it doesn't conflict with my town reads or yours is if it's Johnny. Based on nothing more than PoE at this point, which can easily change once Johnny actually starts posting.
It's a bit of a hot take, but T3, maybe? Most of my conviction comes off of 198 which feels like an attempted setup for the d2 elimination more than anything else. Also, the strong TR read on Vaxkiller of all things. The only arguments he's given is "116 feels naturally towny" and it's not even a good one at that.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (isolation #26) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:35 pm

In post 270, Roden wrote:Since you haven't voted yet, what's your opinion on the current game state? Between Vax, GIF, and Rock, who's coming off most town to you?
I'll just post my entire readslist as of now:
(Town)
Roden

GIF / Clasko

Sang
Johnny
T3
Rockhopper

Vaxkiller

(Mafia)

I'm going to be focusing on the three you wanted me to talk about:

We start from the top: GIF. I was kinda worried that their confident push for 5 TRs was just a ploy to sneak through the other scum and immediately back down, but they seem to have held on their reads, with rather great explanations to boot. And no, it's not because they townread me.

Next up: Rockhopper. I just don't see a lot of proaction in this slot. There are too many questions and not enough answers and reads. On top of that, there doesn't seem to be a lot of direction in their posts. Feels like a "trying to find something to criticize for the sake of it" kind of play.

@Rockhopper
Do you have a readslist? Could you explain some of the choices?

And finally: Vaxkiller. He was already pretty bad to begin with (see #243) but his insistence on the only kind of maybe towny thing he did (#116) being towny only dug him deeper in my mind. Not so much that he tried to defend it, but he was all "c'mon everyone knows this is obvtown" when it clearly wasn't. Look, not everything you say will look towny. You just have to make the towny parts outshine the scummy parts to look towny as a whole.

VOTE: Vaxkiller E-1
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #27) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:55 am

In post 286, Roden wrote:I get your scum lean on T3, though I'm surprised Sang is currently null. Did something ping you?
If it weren't for that confusing opening then I'd probably townlean him but said opening has just muddied the waters a bit for me.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #28) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:01 am

In post 293, sang froid wrote:on the other hand, I struggle to read sincere newbie townplay as distinct from newbie scum play (like newbies trying very hard to make sure they're understood and being super logical is something that's more common than in more experienced players I think, who are more likely to act and then explain later)
We don't actually know if they're a newbie to Mafia or not, given that they never answered the RQS questions. It couldn’t hurt to ask.

@Roden
What is your Mafia experience?
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (isolation #29) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:12 am

In post 303, sang froid wrote:
In post 285, sang froid wrote:Level with me jumble, are you scum? You’re increasingly beginning to feel like scum
I'd rather flip the question instead. Why do you think I'm scum?
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (isolation #30) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:53 pm

Did you forget to respond to my quote?
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #31) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:16 pm

In post 337, GuyInFreezer wrote:Epiphany happened
What's the epiphany??? Why'd all these votes start flying around to begin with?
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (isolation #32) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:56 pm

In post 358, Roden wrote:Jumble, what's your read on the situation? Do you lean Johnny or Vax more as scum?
Vaxkiller. I think I've made my point on Vaxkiller well enough, given that they still haven't posted. Johnny is still pretty neutral to me. The only real argument you could make out of his 3 posts is that he's suffering from newbie scum nervousness, but they're not a newbie. Therefore, we have literally nothing on the slot.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (isolation #33) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:45 am

Why are you still TRing Vax? Also, I don't quite follow why you'd vote someone for pushing one of your townreads.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (isolation #34) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:44 am

(Town)
Roden

Sang
GIF

T3 / Clasko

Johnny
Rockhopper / Vaxkiller

(Not Town)

I am not as confident in this one than my last list. There's just too much unexplained stuff going on.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (isolation #35) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:50 am

Yeah no the Vaxkiller thing just isn't happening, at least not today

VOTE: Johnny
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (isolation #36) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:17 pm

VOTE: Rockhopper I just don't see any chance right now that this is town.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (isolation #37) » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:31 pm

i know i'm not supposed to assume the scumteam with no flips but this feels so much like rock/vax and there really hasn't been anything really interesting for me to comment on today with my supposed scumteam being completely inactive
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (isolation #38) » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:17 pm

aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (isolation #39) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:39 am

In post 934, Roden wrote:I randomly found the forums myself completely by accident.
Imagine if the Newbie Queue was kept alive solely by people randomly stumbling on the site

GG. Sorry for replacing out again. I could've actually finished this one >.>

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”