Newbie 2082 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:00 pm

Post by Thynhith »

In post 7, MargotRosa wrote:VOTE: Thynhith

For being part of the Masonry team that threw spectacularly last go around
Hey, I deny responsibility for that!
VOTE: Margot for being salty about it ;P
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:29 pm

Post by Thynhith »

I'm curious guys, since the L word isn't allowed on this site, are alternatives like hang, execute, etc. allowed?
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:27 am

Post by Thynhith »

In post 15, MafMen wrote:ie. “lets lim catboi for being a weeb”
/signed
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:11 am

Post by Thynhith »

Hey pseudo, have you played mafia prior to joining this site?
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:14 am

Post by Thynhith »

In post 9, Greeting wrote:Greetings!

I don’t like Aristotle and I guess this extends to wannabes/imposters. VOTE: pseudoAristotle
What's your beef with him?
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:23 pm

Post by Thynhith »

There seem to be two absolutely new peeps in this game, so things should be interesting.
I'd
to say I can read Margot reliably after my last game with her, but time will tell.
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:47 pm

Post by Thynhith »

In post 22, pseudoAristotle wrote:
In post 19, MafMen wrote:
In post 17, pseudoAristotle wrote:hey folks. glad I didn't miss too much during the night. I'm going to
VOTE FrogsFrogs
because I think we should kick someone out night one and FrogsFrogs a) is already 1 vote closer to being hammered and b) hasn't said anything yet.

Also want to note that I did a tarot reading for this game last morning as a little bit of fun, I'm not sure if it's proper etiquette to dump a huge wall of text on day one, but here's a link to it. https://pastebin.com/LWGiTnt2. Omens look fairly good for this game, got a couple cards indicating a town victory.
a bit early for a lim dont you think?
Possibly. I was of the understanding that the meta is to vote someone out on the first day essentially at random, and then look at how people behaved during that vote for tells. I don't want to knock Frogs out *right* now before we've had the chance to see how people react to that, but fortunately there's a long way to go before five votes. I feel odd just voting for joke reasons-this game has to move forward somehow after all.
If you can think of some alternative to advance the game, I'd love to hear it. RQS is also a thing.
Well since you want us to lim someone at random, would you mind us limming you? I'll even get the wagon started ;P
VOTE: pseudoAristotle
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:10 am

Post by Thynhith »

In post 49, MafMen wrote:igorsprite and pseudo interaction looks weird but i think its green for both sides
greeting seems probtown, i like their presence
VOTE: MafMen
Maf's post is pinging me hard, he's townreading the two newbies for an NAI interaction. Bad case of TMI. And greeting has only one post of substance. This is scum trying to make filler content and fakereading
Get on this guy
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #8) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:15 am

Post by Thynhith »

In post 54, pseudoAristotle wrote: This is a good learning experience, I now know that "haha i could hypothetically be mafia" is not a good goof to make as town.
Your quip was fine. I don't see how anyone could find it indicative, and certainly not in RVS.
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #9) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:30 am

Post by Thynhith »

In post 58, MafMen wrote:i am admittedly scrounging for stuff to post though because i want to move this game forward
this games pretty inactive compared to others
You're hardly doing yourself a favour by throwing out wild reads. Why are you calling one one word post "presence"? The fact that you avoided engaging on your Greeting read speaks volumes more than if you had.
Who's giving ya the most scum pings right now? Or no one in particular?
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #10) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:56 am

Post by Thynhith »

In post 66, Greeting wrote: I need to wait for the vote tally first to see if the vote in is counted. I really want to vote him to put pressure, but it’s too early and too little to hammer on page 3 of Day One.
Don't vote, you'll hammer him.
MafMen is at E-1,
folks. As amusing as a lolhammer would be, the entertainment would be too costly
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #11) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by Thynhith »

There seems to be a lot of discussion about how indicative igfor/pseudo is. My take on it (if I was forced to glean something) is that pseudo looks null and is more indicative of igfor's style than his alignment. Best way to treat the interaction is to ignore it imo.

Also in my experience, newbies tend to either lack the confidence to push/scum hut and will get defensive easily, or they fail to see that a lot of their posts set off scumtells, or both. Scum tend to slip up occasionally, while newbs look like careless scum and drop these tells without even noticing. Non-newbs have more curated posts, if you will.
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #12) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by Thynhith »

In post 81, igorsprite wrote:sorry idk how to express my thoughts, but basically i don't feel guilty because i'm town. is wrong to think this way?
Not wrong, but people will misunderstand your intentions. Best to try your best to express yourself and screw up rather than not trying
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #13) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:19 pm

Post by Thynhith »

In post 69, implosion wrote:This page is actually useful. I think igor and Aristotle are town off of it, I can see townreading Thynhith for it but I don't get as strong of vibes on him as the other two.

@MafMen: you still haven't explained exactly why you thought Greeting was townish. Do you have an explanation for why his first 3 posts townpinged you?
^ Alright stop avoiding this question. You've been asked before and I know you saw implosion's post, so why don't you answer?
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #14) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by Thynhith »

In post 88, Greeting wrote:This game is interesting in the fact that there's a lot of players who have a similar consistency and frequency of posting. Except for one. VOTE: MargotRosa

I haven't at all forgotten about MafMen, I still see switching and hammering them as a possibility.
Oh I'm not that worried about her, though I would like to see some activity. She semi-lurked through the better part of D1 (in our last game), then woke up after that.
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #15) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:10 pm

Post by Thynhith »

@Greeting what's your take on the Maf wagon? Does it look pure green?
@Cattyboi you've been on the wagon quietly all along, does that mean you approve of it?
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #16) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:45 pm

Post by Thynhith »

My take on the situation is that Maf, psuedo and igfor are in a dark little triangle of their own, and I have difficulty seeing through. At this stage I'd be most comfortable limming out of those 3. Plus their newbieness muddies everything up.
And implosion seems a little too distant for my liking. Hope we hurry up with Margot coming back or her replacement.
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #17) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:37 am

Post by Thynhith »

In post 108, igorsprite wrote:1 more vote and i start to talk, i want to see who will vote for me
As you wish. VOTE: igorsprite
You should know you're only acting more and more anti-town. Why withhold your thoughts? You won't get anything from your "wagon" and you're distracting town from actively scumhunting
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #18) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:08 am

Post by Thynhith »

In post 215, frogsfrogs wrote:I really thought Greeting and Val were both town arguing from different experience but this has absolutely spiraled now. :S

I guess I'd prefer to be talking about Val's new info from 180 re: Thynhith. I think it has some merit. The mentioned posts seemed totally town lean to me, but with greater context putting some doubt on them I see not much else I like?

VOTE: Thynhith
Thread has really ballooned quickly. Not surprised to see that with Val in the game. Focusing on me atp would be derailing town. I would advise everyone to look at Val/Greeting more carefully. There's definitely something there that irks me, and I'll get a reread on the day as soon as I can.
One interesting thing of note is that scum!Val in our last game had a similar argument with Margot. Won't regale you with all the details, but he'll definitely try his best to come away looking townier. In fact his insistence on getting stuck on a seemingly less important point could be a red flag in itself, to trip up town and control the thread.
Consider this a notice for decreased activity for a few days. Have a bunch of irl stuff coming up, so expect me to be dipping out.
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #19) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:20 am

Post by Thynhith »

Note to self and town: post 642
The previous game's Val/Margot argument starts here, if anyone wants to take a look
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #20) » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:49 am

Post by Thynhith »

Haven't flaked yet. Whoppee, I dip out for a few days and end up on E-1. Oh well. Will do my best to catch up now
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #21) » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:56 am

Post by Thynhith »

In post 216, Thynhith wrote:
In post 215, frogsfrogs wrote:I really thought Greeting and Val were both town arguing from different experience but this has absolutely spiraled now. :S

I guess I'd prefer to be talking about Val's new info from 180 re: Thynhith. I think it has some merit. The mentioned posts seemed totally town lean to me, but with greater context putting some doubt on them I see not much else I like?

Thread has really ballooned quickly. Not surprised to see that with Val in the game. Focusing on me atp would be derailing town. I would advise everyone to look at Val/Greeting more carefully. There's definitely something there that irks me, and I'll get a reread on the day as soon as I can.
One interesting thing of note is that scum!Val in our last game had a similar argument with Margot. Won't regale you with all the details, but he'll definitely try his best to come away looking townier. In fact his insistence on getting stuck on a seemingly less important point could be a red flag in itself, to trip up town and control the thread.
Consider this a notice for decreased activity for a few days. Have a bunch of irl stuff coming up, so expect me to be dipping out.
To start off with I see some people hating this post. I was writing here in a rush, and wanted to get my first impressions of the Val/Greeting exchange out, before I had to v/la for a few days. Hence the post looking general, was hoping someone might look into my points, and check how scum!Val was arguing with Margot in our last game. Evidently no one did, and took the opportunity to scumread me instead.
@Maf I was asking people not to focus on me when they had a potentially telling interaction by Val. There was nothing on me then, why should I stress out?

I'm certainly not comfortable with my wagon, and it seems this is the only post for it.
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #22) » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:15 pm

Post by Thynhith »

In post 248, frogsfrogs wrote:I absolutely cannot see why Val would be scum and have posted the way/what he has so far. That sus from Greeting is my largest point of confusion with him, so yes, I'd really like for him to elaborate on the read, too.
Curious, what makes you think that? It sounds like you've got Val townlocked
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (isolation #23) » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:18 pm

Post by Thynhith »

If you mean this post, I'm a little surprised you're so swayed by Val talking out of his meta. All he said was I had a different vibe in this game, and something I did looks like something he did. Ugh, and before that you were townleaning me
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (isolation #24) » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:43 pm

Post by Thynhith »

In post 313, catboi wrote: Val made some comments throwing shade at Thyn for reasons that I think I far more substantial than anything he's thrown at Greeting, but continues his tunnel toward Greeting while only slapping Thyn with a scumlean and not much else. Thyn comes in with a "I would advise everyone to look at Val/Greeting more carefully" and an fos on Val but is mainly content to point to a past game and let other people do the legwork, he also avoids actually moving his vote here.
That's not very fair to say, is it? Did you miss the
bolded
notice for reduced activity? I will look into the past game again, but I had no time to do it when I made the post. It was as much a reminder for myself as for town. And I'm against voting out Val, at least D1, because his align will be much more obvious in later days.
In fact it seems you're avoiding voting Val, despite declaring him to be disingenuous, thin and repetitive. Why go after someone on v/la over only a couple posts? VOTE: catboi
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #25) » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:43 pm

Post by Thynhith »

In post 335, implosion wrote: This is a bit of a disingenuous reaction, the bolded (by me) in particular; half your wagon (me and frogs) were already voting you when you made that post, and igor is off the table at least for now. So this is a very broad accusation/defensive stance that's aesthetically directed toward a lot of people but logically only applies to catboi or like Val who didn't vote you and I... can't really see what's being referred to regarding them either? I easily could be missing something here but what actual player has actually said that they hated that post/started scumreading you in response to it? Unless you're saying people started scumreading you because you went v/la and people wanted to attack someone who couldn't defend themself? Like, I never said anything about that post... frogs voted you before it... catboi said they were sheeping me when they voted and igorsprite didn't give any reasoning. so, ????. It just seems nebulous.
Nebulous? Did you miss 318 313 and 229?
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #26) » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:48 pm

Post by Thynhith »

In post 326, Val89 wrote:Thyn, what has made you decide that catboi is avoiding voting me for different reasons that you have elected to do so yourself?
He's been rather more vocal about you than me, and hasn't said anything to the contrary
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (isolation #27) » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by Thynhith »

In post 338, catboi wrote: I lean significantly more toward you being genuine now although I couldn't point to anything specific to justify that. I do think your complete nonchalance about the wagon would be bold play as scum in a newbie game.
Only... Maf isn't a newbie, and that sort of play would work even better in a newbie game
In post 337, catboi wrote: You are both at the bottom of my reads individually. A wagon on you is viable, one on val is not, but if you flipped red he'd be one of the people I'd consider. I was mostly musing out in the open about potential teammates to make my thinking clear. I generally try to discourage preflip associations on day 1 in newbie games, but my townreads this game are decent enough that I have to start thinking in that manner. And I don't think it was just "a couple posts" that made me want to go after you, it was agreeing with the points implosion had made about you.
And if I flipped green, what would you get from it?
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #28) » Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:53 pm

Post by Thynhith »

In post 342, catboi wrote:
In post 341, Thynhith wrote:And if I flipped green, what would you get from it?
"if" you flip green?
Mate, no need to be a smartass eh? If I flip green, as in if I get limmed this day and flip green, what do you get from it?
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #29) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by Thynhith »

Atp we have just under 2 days left, and I'm only comfortable limming Val or Maf. Val doesn't look like he's actively trying to lim someone, and is likely waiting as long as he can before hammering me, or best of all for someone else to do it. For me his behavior this game is just too similar to what he pulled in our last game - gets locked into arguments with people, refuses to stop yammering about a single post. Tries his best to discredit someone. I'm a little disheartened no one took a look at the previous game. Frogs says he's convinced Val can't be town, which seems incredible. If Val flips red he's definitely a potential partner.
VOTE: Val
I'd be alright getting behind a Maf wagon as well, but Val is first choice
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (isolation #30) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:14 pm

Post by Thynhith »

In post 360, Val89 wrote:Well, like I said in my previous, I have been holding off hammering because I wanted to get a handle on catboi, and try and firm up my read on pseudo before day end.

But no, you are perfectly correct, Thyn. I do have a read on catboi now, and it doesn't look like like pseudo will be around much, so...

intent to hammer
When, I wonder?
I claim VT in the meantime
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (isolation #31) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:23 pm

Post by Thynhith »

In post 360, Val89 wrote:Well, like I said in my previous, I have been holding off hammering because I wanted to get a handle on catboi, and try and firm up my read on pseudo before day end.

But no, you are perfectly correct, Thyn. I do have a read on catboi now, and it doesn't look like like pseudo will be around much, so...

intent to hammer
Well, I should be surprised if you or frogs don't flip red. Happy scumhunting, town

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”