Newbie 2082 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:10 am

Post by Thynhith »

In post 49, MafMen wrote:igorsprite and pseudo interaction looks weird but i think its green for both sides
greeting seems probtown, i like their presence
VOTE: MafMen
Maf's post is pinging me hard, he's townreading the two newbies for an NAI interaction. Bad case of TMI. And greeting has only one post of substance. This is scum trying to make filler content and fakereading
Get on this guy
igorsprite
igorsprite
Goon
igorsprite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:19 am

Post by igorsprite »

In post 50, Thynhith wrote:
In post 49, MafMen wrote:igorsprite and pseudo interaction looks weird but i think its green for both sides
Maf's post is pinging me hard, he's townreading the two newbies for an NAI interaction. Bad case of TMI. And greeting has only one post of substance. This is scum trying to make filler content and fakereading
Get on this guy
:o

MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:28 am

Post by MafMen »

Get on this guy
i would love you to tell me why newbie scum goes "if i knew who mafia was i wouldnt tell you :P "
there is no world you can convince me that their interaction is NAI, it is the most AI thing to happen this game
"I find myself agreeing with MafMen through most of this argument, while also finding him most likely to be scum out of him/Wisdom/Pooky"
~ Klick
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:30 am

Post by MafMen »

i respect the effort though
"I find myself agreeing with MafMen through most of this argument, while also finding him most likely to be scum out of him/Wisdom/Pooky"
~ Klick
pseudoAristotle
pseudoAristotle
Townie
pseudoAristotle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:22 am

Post by pseudoAristotle »

In post 48, Greeting wrote:
In post 31, igorsprite wrote:
In post 30, pseudoAristotle wrote:
In post 29, igorsprite wrote:we have 2 scums, right?
We do.
and do you know who they are?
In post 32, pseudoAristotle wrote:If I did I wouldn't say :p
Why?
If I knew who scum was at this juncture, it would presumably be because I am one of them , meaning it would be a mistake to tell the town. To be clear, I don't know who scum is; I have a town role.

I guess the other reason I might know who they are is reads, but I don't have any at this point other than a very, VERY tentative sus of mafmen because other people are sussing him, and I'm not sure if that counts as *knowledge*.

This is a good learning experience, I now know that "haha i could hypothetically be mafia" is not a good goof to make as town.
pseudoAristotle
pseudoAristotle
Townie
pseudoAristotle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:57 am

Post by pseudoAristotle »

VOTE Mafmen

After looking further through the Mafmen/Thynith exchange, I don't think what I said about "haha I might be mafia" gives any useful reads. Maybe a very slight town one, but it's WIFOM at that point. Arguably there's still a point to doing reads off of it (nothing better to go off of), but it's not very strong.

Calling greeting probtown is a much weirder take. They've done a random vote for me and they've asked a 1 word question, I respect just getting nice vibes from them but calling them "probtown" seems like a stronger phrase than is warranted for someone who's been so absent. I also noticed that Mafmen totally skimmed over this in his response, which doesn't really seem honest and is really what I'm voting off of.

To be clear: I'm not that trigger happy, I'd prefer if Mafmen wasn't voted off just based on this, but I do want to see how he behaves on E-1.
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:05 am

Post by MafMen »

sorry i didnt really treat what he said about greeting as the crux of his argument
i think its good to question aristotle there and the fact he didnt take any major stance on a weird post like that is nice

at the end of the day it all comes down to how you interpret my usage of 'probtown' and words like that, i personally didnt take it that strong of a strong term but i suppose i should switch up my vocab
~ Klick
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:06 am

Post by MafMen »

In post 56, MafMen wrote:sorry i didnt really treat what he said about greeting as the crux of his argument
i think its good to question aristotle there and the fact he didnt take any major stance on a weird post like that is nice

at the end of the day it all comes down to how you interpret my usage of 'probtown' and words like that, i personally didnt take it that strong of a term but i suppose i should switch up my vocab
ebwop
threw in an extra strong where it wasnt needed
~ Klick
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:10 am

Post by MafMen »

i am admittedly scrounging for stuff to post though because i want to move this game forward
this games pretty inactive compared to others
~ Klick
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:15 am

Post by Thynhith »

In post 54, pseudoAristotle wrote: This is a good learning experience, I now know that "haha i could hypothetically be mafia" is not a good goof to make as town.
Your quip was fine. I don't see how anyone could find it indicative, and certainly not in RVS.
Thynhith
Thynhith
Goon
Thynhith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:30 am

Post by Thynhith »

In post 58, MafMen wrote:i am admittedly scrounging for stuff to post though because i want to move this game forward
You're hardly doing yourself a favour by throwing out wild reads. Why are you calling one one word post "presence"? The fact that you avoided engaging on your Greeting read speaks volumes more than if you had.
Who's giving ya the most scum pings right now? Or no one in particular?
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:38 am

Post by MafMen »

In post 60, Thynhith wrote:
In post 58, MafMen wrote:i am admittedly scrounging for stuff to post though because i want to move this game forward
You're hardly doing yourself a favour by throwing out wild reads. Why are you calling one one word post "presence"? The fact that you avoided engaging on your Greeting read speaks volumes more than if you had.
Who's giving ya the most scum pings right now? Or no one in particular?
its not ‘wild reads’ as i do have town pings from them but im arguing semantics at that point
im not getting scumpings from anyone, i generally find it easier in rvs to find a townread rather than a scumread
~ Klick
frogsfrogs
frogsfrogs
Goon
frogsfrogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:22 am

Post by frogsfrogs »

Get on this guy
OK, I think I'd call your first point here a little odd, Thynhith. There's definitely
something
you can get from the interaction, if not much and super super inconclusively. I think I'm seeing Pseudo's actions as more inexperienced, overenthusiastic townie than such hubristic first time scum. I'm feeling okay about them for now. Igor jumping on their joke so hard makes sense, but combined with how short, yet numerous his other posts have been too I'm quite ???? Mostly a typing style thing, still pings in my head as initially worrying.

Second point though: absolutely. Greeting had some joke posting to do about philosophers and then made a one word post questioning pseudo after igor had already done the
same
thing. If I had to make a premature read, myself, I'm almost inclined to say the opposite.

Igor and Greeting, if you have anything more / anything to say about this MafMen vote I'd love to hear it!
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:51 am

Post by catboi »

Liking Thynhith quite a lot on this page.
igorsprite
igorsprite
Goon
igorsprite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:46 am

Post by igorsprite »

In post 62, frogsfrogs wrote: Igor and Greeting, if you have anything more / anything to say about this MafMen vote I'd love to hear it!
hmmmmm... no :neutral:
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:55 am

Post by Greeting »

You’re able to tell if someone is town by three posts, two of which relate to a very obvious RVS, and one was a one-worded question? Truly astounding.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:59 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 62, frogsfrogs wrote:
Get on this guy
OK, I think I'd call your first point here a little odd, Thynhith. There's definitely
something
you can get from the interaction, if not much and super super inconclusively. I think I'm seeing Pseudo's actions as more inexperienced, overenthusiastic townie than such hubristic first time scum. I'm feeling okay about them for now. Igor jumping on their joke so hard makes sense, but combined with how short, yet numerous his other posts have been too I'm quite ???? Mostly a typing style thing, still pings in my head as initially worrying.

Second point though: absolutely. Greeting had some joke posting to do about philosophers and then made a one word post questioning pseudo after igor had already done the
same
thing. If I had to make a premature read, myself, I'm almost inclined to say the opposite.

Igor and Greeting, if you have anything more / anything to say about this MafMen vote I'd love to hear it!
I need to wait for the vote tally first to see if the vote in is counted. I really want to vote him to put pressure, but it’s too early and too little to hammer on page 3 of Day One.

Artificial creation of content is never a townread to me.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:15 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 54, pseudoAristotle wrote:
In post 48, Greeting wrote:
In post 31, igorsprite wrote:
In post 30, pseudoAristotle wrote:
In post 29, igorsprite wrote:we have 2 scums, right?
We do.
and do you know who they are?
In post 32, pseudoAristotle wrote:If I did I wouldn't say :p
Why?
If I knew who scum was at this juncture, it would presumably be because I am one of them , meaning it would be a mistake to tell the town. To be clear, I don't know who scum is; I have a town role.

I guess the other reason I might know who they are is reads, but I don't have any at this point other than a very, VERY tentative sus of mafmen because other people are sussing him, and I'm not sure if that counts as *knowledge*.

This is a good learning experience, I now know that "haha i could hypothetically be mafia" is not a good goof to make as town.
Glad that you got to the point yourself, and quite fast. Honestly, this is such a newbie thing to say that I don't think any scum would do as you did. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now. UNVOTE: pseudoAristotle
implosion wrote:whoops. Greeting singular.
Yeah, I had chosen this name at random and now I regret it tbf.
frogsfrogs
frogsfrogs
Goon
frogsfrogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:31 am

Post by frogsfrogs »

In post 66, Greeting wrote: I need to wait for the vote tally first to see if the vote in is counted. I really want to vote him to put pressure, but it’s too early and too little to hammer on page 3 of Day One.

Artificial creation of content is never a townread to me.
This is very reasonable! Yeah, I'm not feeling too hot on that explanation of his reads either
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:11 am

Post by implosion »

This page is actually useful. I think igor and Aristotle are town off of it, I can see townreading Thynhith for it but I don't get as strong of vibes on him as the other two.

@MafMen: you still haven't explained exactly why you thought Greeting was townish. Do you have an explanation for why his first 3 posts townpinged you?
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:15 am

Post by MafMen »

In post 56, MafMen wrote:sorry i didnt really treat what he said about greeting as the crux of his argument

at the end of the day it all comes down to how you interpret my usage of 'probtown' and words like that, i personally didnt take it that strong of a strong term but i suppose i should switch up my vocab
@implosion
idk if u guys didnt find this adequate but w/e
~ Klick
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:19 am

Post by implosion »

Do you have any general thoughts on your wagon or specific thoughts on if you think any of the votes on you are particularly town or scum indicative?
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:29 am

Post by MafMen »

In post 71, implosion wrote:Do you have any general thoughts on your wagon or specific thoughts on if you think any of the votes on you are particularly town or scum indicative?
theres an argument to be made about igor seeming a little opportunistic on his vote on me but i think his blatant refusal to explain further comes off as townie
if i had to wager a guess i would say my wagon looks pretty pure and scum hadnt committed to it as it would likely die soon anyway
~ Klick
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:34 am

Post by MafMen »

i like thynhith’s little ‘gotcha’ moment and the way he seems hyped to seemingly catching scum looks super genuine
~ Klick
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:35 am

Post by catboi »

In post 69, implosion wrote:This page is actually useful. I think igor and Aristotle are town off of it, I can see townreading Thynhith for it but I don't get as strong of vibes on him as the other two.

@MafMen: you still haven't explained exactly why you thought Greeting was townish. Do you have an explanation for why his first 3 posts townpinged you?
you like igor that much off two emoticon posts?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”