Newbie 1368 - Will there ever be a title? (GAME OVER)

LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #0) » Wed May 22, 2013 1:00 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Ok, just because I am sad that we are mostly out of RVS, let me have my one post of fun...

VOTE: Homer

Gotta get some of that sweet sweet vote...
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #1) » Wed May 22, 2013 1:01 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Ok now that that's done:

UNVOTE:

Time to start reading...
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #2) » Wed May 22, 2013 3:31 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

I skimmed quickly; the giant walls of text are a big clue.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #3) » Thu May 23, 2013 12:18 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

I think Grimgroove's point about starting off the other game on an equally silly charge (the color thing) has merit.

Syryana makes a good point above about Crandaja's defensiveness.

Homer, are you planning on reading the other game?

I think Candillans meta is to start every game with a scummy statement. I don't like the "Oh no not a wagon again on me for a scummy RVS", because it tends to disarm thoughts of actual scumminess. Additionally, in ISO he looks fishy: he votes Crand, then unvotes three posts later because he doesn't always want to be the third vote on a wagon. Seems very self conscious about his votes, and if he thought it was good to put pressure on Crand, why take it off? If he is worried about L-2, he could just ask for no claims at this time.

Also, Candillan hasn't scumhunted at all. Just look at his ISO, no challenges, a /barn here or there...

VOTE: Candillan
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #4) » Thu May 23, 2013 7:11 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 85, Candillan wrote: Bahahahahahahano
The truth is that I have an aura of scumminess around me that makes me an easy wagon for scum to hop on and town to follow.
Remember that comment I made about excusing scumminess ahead of the fact? This is what Im talking about. "I can't help that I have a scummy aura, but Im town this time!"[/quote]
Meanwhile, you're commenting on my meta when I told you that I hate meta arguments. You're speaking in hypotheticals as to what I'd do, and I don't like that.

So because you don't like it I should stop then? Also, could you point out to me where you mentioned this dislike of meta arguments?
Your push on me based on a meta argument doesn't make sense. Also, that isn't my scum meta, if you were to look at the last game. I don't like your case, and it seems as if you're pushing on me to make yourself seem active.
I thought you disliked discussing meta, yet here you are doing it. As far as your "scum meta", you also started out last game with the "oh no not a wagon on me for RVS comments!". What do you think is the difference between your scum and town meta?
I'm not so vote-happy because then it gives my votes less impact when they're actually laid down. I'm not afraid of putting someone to L-2 or whatever, that was purely coincidence.
If you weren't vote happy, why vote him in the first place? If you don't care about putting someone to L-2, why did you unvote?
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #5) » Thu May 23, 2013 9:43 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

To be honest, it's not even a meta tell Candy. If anyone said, "Hey guys, I always seem a little scummy but that doesn't mean Im scum" I would be suspicious of them.

You say it was a vote for pressure and reactions; Crand only had one post of note afterwards (in response to Grim). Does mean this post cleared him as town for you?

You also say you don't like to throw your vote around, but voting Grim and Crand just for pressure/reactions IS throwing your vote around. Throwing a vote on someone only to remove it after one post doesn't feel like you're trying to generate a lot of pressure.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #6) » Thu May 23, 2013 11:35 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 96, Candillan wrote:I didn't say that this game, and the only thing close to it was a joke.
So the "aura of scumminess" and "easy wagon" lines from post 85 were jokes too?
Yes, I was 'throwing my vote around', but I wasn't known to have a habit of doing that. That's why I like to defy my 'meta'.
I said nothing about your voting in regards to your meta, only the "Oh no an RVS wagon!" comments.

You yourself said you werent vote happy but you were acting vote happy.
Crand took my vote seriously because I wasn't known to do that often, and therefore likely assumed it was a serious vote. (which is was, but not because it was an actual scum accusation. It was for pressure. I saw a good opportunity, and I took it.)
To me, one post from Crand doesn't feel like you provided a lot of pressure.
I didn't say I was clearing him as town. I'm still reading him. To be honest, the case on him is dependent on Raven being scum, as the whole case revolves around his RVS vote on Raven seeming suspicious. You can't call it scummy unless Raven is scum, as it's an associative tell.
Could you please explain this further? Also, if his case depends on Raven being scum, why not put pressure on Raven?
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #7) » Thu May 23, 2013 1:50 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

Candy, your post 8 can certainly be interpreted as "Oh no, not another RVS vote". (The "sigh this already" implying/referring to an RVS wagon.)

Thanks for the Ravenscum clarification.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #8) » Thu May 23, 2013 2:28 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

Ok, I misinterpreted that statement then. Mea culpa.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #9) » Sat May 25, 2013 11:38 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

@Ravenpaw, just read both in ISO. Grim feels pretty town to me like last game. Crand is null leaning scum, with the lean because of three reasons:

1) Voted Raven and then tried to pass it off as RVS
2) Says he misunderstood RVS, even though it would seem hard to misunderstand that the RVS stage had ended
3) Votes Grim in a bit of OMGUS, semi-weak case but it could be for reactions (Grims case against Crand wasn't too strong after all)
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #10) » Sat May 25, 2013 4:02 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 131, Crandaja wrote: I just have a problem with these reasons.
1) It was an RVS. It was my first post.
2) I don't remember saying that. RVS stage had not ended IMO especially if you read what was posted before me.
3) Only one I feel as scum as of right now. I need to do a careful re-read of the thread though I've been pretty swamped with work and lack of Shaboo/Rach lowers my motivation to play considerably.

And yes I am being defensive.
1) Sorry, read that wrong. For some reason I read your unvote as a vote.
2) Due to my dumbness re point 1, ignore point 2.
3) Still OMGUS.

Ok given the above, Crand swings back to neutral. Crand thanks for fixing my misrep.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #11) » Sun May 26, 2013 7:51 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

[quote="In post 138, Ravenpaw"]But Grim was scum last time.[/quite]
Yes, but he sounded very townie last game. Everyone pretty much thought he was town. (And it likely would've come back to bite him, as people would've wondered why he wasn't getting NK'd.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #12) » Sun May 26, 2013 4:06 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 142, Candillan wrote:
In post 141, LnGrrrR wrote:
In post 138, Ravenpaw wrote:But Grim was scum last time.
Yes, but he sounded very townie last game. Everyone pretty much thought he was town. (And it likely would've come back to bite him, as people would've wondered why he wasn't getting NK'd.
This post's logic doesn't make sense. He was scum last game, and because he's acting the same way this time, he's town? That makes zero sense.
He was acting town last game. Did anyone think he was scum last game? No, because he acted town. He is acting town here so I give him townie points. Should I only give him town points if he acts scummy?
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #13) » Mon May 27, 2013 2:28 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 150, Candillan wrote: If anything, that would make this a null tell, would it not? He could have drawn scum, and he could just be acting the same way. For you to give him townie points for doing the same thing he was doing as scum is nonsensical.
For the record, I thought he was scum last game. ;)
No, because that's how you end up living in WIFOMland. I give town points to townie actions. If he ends up being super townie and lives to D3, then I will start acting suspicious. If he slips up, then I will get suspicious. Anything else is WIFOMy.

Acting town is not a "null" tell.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #14) » Mon May 27, 2013 4:55 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Here's the thing Candy (and others): If I were to give null reads to town comments, just because that person was scum once, then nearly every "townie" comment could be misconstrued as as a scum/null one.

What you're suggesting is that Grimgroove couldn't possibly provide any townie vibes his game, because any townie vibes could theoretically be scum vibes. I don't feel like poisoning that well.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #15) » Mon May 27, 2013 8:38 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

Grim, I think the yes vs yep argument was pretty weak too, but it was coming soon after RVS and it was an attempt to generate discussion/content, which is why I don't see it as that scummy. If you had pulled that argument now that we have decent data to go through I would've found it much worse.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #16) » Tue May 28, 2013 3:47 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 182, Ravenpaw wrote: The issue I have with it Linger is that instead of just providing your read of Grim as "oh his posts seem pretty town" you instead reached for additional reasoning that it was like last game (which was not logical because he was scum).
Why did you feel the need to justify why he was town to you with the meta reference?
This is a pretty blatant misrep, and you should know since you were the first to ask me.

Post 126, you ask me what my reads are on Grim and Crand. I said that Grim felt townie for me, and Crand felt a little scummy. I listed reasons why Crand felt scummy to me in hopes he would explain, which he later did.

So, in fact, I did exactly what you say that you would have expected of me. I only added clarification later when questioned by you and Candi. And the reasons for that were explained in post 168.

Do you agree or disagree with the logic in 168?

(Additionally, specifically I think that Grim is putting a good amount of discussion out there which is good for town. While I don't think his case on Crand is very compelling, I don't think it's "scummy".)
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #17) » Tue May 28, 2013 4:57 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

@Raven, the "last time" was a throwaway line. Grim felt townie to me last game when he wasn't, he feels townie to me this game. He might be scum, he might not, but Im not going to tr to WIFOM him as scum.

You can't act super townie as scum without consequences. By D3, people would've been wondering why our "obvtown" player somehow didnt get NK'd two nights in a row.

Besides the yep vs yes argument, which felt extremely forced and somewhat scummy, Grim has been acting in a very townie way for the reasons listed above. (I'm willing to accept Grims yes vs yep argument as non-scummy because a) I believed him when he stated he felt like there was a legitimate difference between the two; the explanation didnt feel forced even if the original "gotcha" was, and b) he pointed out last game that he started a semi-dumb conversation to get out of RVS (the "color" thing with Rach) which mirrors the forced arguments in this game early.)
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #18) » Tue May 28, 2013 7:16 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Candy, the only person I know is town is me at the moment. So anyone I call "townie" or "scum" comes with an automatic "I could be wrong but this is my best guess" caveat.

It just seems pointless to put on every comment "Grim is possibly townie but I can't be sure" when I can just type "Grim is townie". It's like saying "this water is wet".

Pedit: You imply above that Grim and I are scumbuddies, then walk it back a few posts later? This is another reason why my vote is still on you.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #19) » Tue May 28, 2013 7:19 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Candy, in the game where you got pegged as scum, what about you was scummy? Was it only the fact that you lived to D3 and in all other regards you were considered super townie?
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #20) » Tue May 28, 2013 7:35 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Candy, I never said I wouldn't consider Grim as scum if he says something that strikes me as scum. Feel free to point out where I said that.

Grim is actin townie to me, therefore, he goes in my "town" pile. If he says/ does something scummy, then I will start shifting him to my scum pile. It's not that hard to figure out.

If Grim acts super townie, but somehow doesn't get NK'd, I will start to wonder why. Your case is completely different. You WERE scummy, so mafia leaving you alive makes sense. If Grim acts townie throughout the game, its goin to be hard to generate a mislynch off of him if he isn't seen as scummy. In fact, if anything I would think an "obvtown" would be an obvious early NK. (And yes, if Grim is obvtown and lives to D3, there's a bit of WIFOM in determining the reason behind it, but I will worry about D3 when we get there.)

You definitely implied in post 187 that Grim and I were scum. If you don't want others to question your town/null/scum tells, don't imply scumminess.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #21) » Tue May 28, 2013 7:37 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

EBWODP: Re the "who is my partner" question, I have no idea. I am not going to bother looking heavily at those sorts of interactions until we get a flip.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #22) » Tue May 28, 2013 9:37 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Candi, given the logic displayed above, what could Grim post that could make him look townie?

Grim posts scummy: He's posting scummy! He's scum!
Grim posts townie: He's posting townie, which he did when he was scum! He's scum!

See the problem with that logic?
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #23) » Tue May 28, 2013 11:11 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Candy, are there any posts in particular that stand out as townie from Homer/Syr?

And I don't expect Grim to change the way he posts just because his scum game might be similar to his town game. I know I would be annoyed if someone suggested I change my posting style just because I happened to be scum in a game.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #24) » Wed May 29, 2013 11:09 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 221, Grimgroove wrote: @LnGrrrR: How do you feel about me thinking you're buddying? What cases have I made so far that were as sensible as the "Title Pending" game that make me lean town for you?
I thought your questioning of Crand was decent, as were some of the comments towards Candy. As noted before, I didn't agree with your yep/yes case. As far as what you think about me buddying you, Im pretty null on it. You can think what you want to think.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (isolation #25) » Thu May 30, 2013 2:44 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 295, imkingdavid wrote:Sorry for being unclear. What I'm talking about comes from the following conclusion in my post:
I wrote:Conclusion: Because Grim did not know it was wrong, and because doing this as scum would be basically suicidal (i.e. it would fail and bring suspicion on him), and because Grim did end up doing it, this can not be a scum slip.
By that logic, it makes sense to me to assume that if he was scum he would not have tried to point out Crand's original "scum tell" (the whole "darling" thing). If he would not have done that as scum, I find it easy to make the logical leap that because he did it, he probably isn't scum. After all, I can find no scum motive behind doing it, and as is stated in my quote, doing it as scum would be suicidal.

Does that make sense? It is 3:37am so I may just be not thinking straight.
I think that same sort of logic could be used to "clear" Syr in that sense. Syr could be a) scum trying to come up with a really flimsy case or b) be town with a really flimsy case. One could use that same argument (Why would Syr use such a poor argument as scum instead of lurking?) but it's too much WIFOM to me.

I don't think Syr is scum, I don't think Grim is scum. The argument felt pretty townie from both sides, both of them defending their viewpoints and pointing out various points about the others.

I have been somewhat quiet due to work, and not havin had time to really read through. That said, I think it's a lot of focus on something relatively minor.

The only person I have a truly strong scumread is on Candillan. I might be tunneling slightly.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (isolation #26) » Thu May 30, 2013 8:44 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 308, Syryana wrote:
In post 301, LnGrrrR wrote:I don't think Syr is scum, I don't think Grim is scum. The argument felt pretty townie from both sides, both of them defending their viewpoints and pointing out various points about the others.
Why not? What do you think of the arguments against me? What do you think of my "scumslip"?
Maybe because Im relatively new, but I don't put a lot of stick in wordplay "scum slips". The whole "he said honestly, therefore he's scummy!" or "he said I would have but not I am" etc etc I don't really see as compelling arguments. The only types of those slips I find compelling are usually coupled with a poor (in my eyes) argument.

That's why I haven't really chimed in a lot about this; I don't think you really "caught" him, and I don't think he "caught" you either. You both seemed to be sincerely scumhunting and asking questions, and if either of you are scum trying to mislynch off a wrong present tense or something equally flimsy, you wouldn't be getting my vote.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (isolation #27) » Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 324, Grimgroove wrote:@LnGrrrR: What do you think about RachMarie?
She's only had 15 posts, and she hasn't done much scumhunting, and a little analysis. I agree with her on looking for actual tells and not semantic ones. Pretty null at the moment.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (isolation #28) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:20 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Im waiting on the others to post at the moment, as well as dealing with flood/tornado watches. I'm still fine with a vote on Candy... Heck look at his latest post where he pretty much instantly contradicts himself.
Really? I'd say it was the most useless vote. The wagon was literally only because he called Raven "darling". It was a stupid wagon, my vote was for a reaction, and I feel as if he reacted well. That's why I unvoted.
It's a "useless" vote... Except he said he put i there for reaction testing, he got a reaction and then removed it. If he got the outcome he wanted, why does he consider it useless?
I didn't say exactly what my results were, but obviously it ended with me having a scumread on him. There's a reason why I'm voting him.
Candy, why don't you give a reason? How is being cryptic helping town? If you think someone is scum you should lay out the case for the rest of town.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (isolation #29) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:56 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

OOC: Thanks Candy. I'm near the St Louis area. So far nothin too bad, though our tree in the backyard broke a little and we will probably have to take it down. No more shade for us. :(
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (isolation #30) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:08 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

Ok, so we still have some time before the deadline, but it will likely approach quicker than we think. I've already laid out my case on Candy, and I would like some pressure on him if possible. Right now there's no wagon whatsoever, and I don't think we want to be a day or two out with no good lynch options.

If you guys don't want to pressure Candy that's fine, but it would be nice to get your case out here so we can examine it and if we agree jump on it.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (isolation #31) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:10 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 355, Candillan wrote: My question for you all is what makes LnGrrrR seem town?
I respectfull ask the other players NOT to answer this question until Candy presents his case on me. If he's scum and trying to come up with a case on me, giving him answers on why you think Im town will a) help give him a town mindset and b) allow him to work an argument around what people see me townie for.

I'm not saying don't answer: Im just requesting you wait until Candy makes his case first.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (isolation #32) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:02 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

This game is far too quiet.

@Mod, I believe it's time for some prods?
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (isolation #33) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:17 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 378, Grimgroove wrote:This game's general game activity has been particularly depressing.
Fixed that for you :p
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (isolation #34) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:28 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Syr, why do you believe Candi is town?

And yeah, I could be persuaded to go for Rach since, ya know, it's kinda like lynching someone that isn't there and just throws out promises of rereads. That said, it does seem to be Rach's meta as town too.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (isolation #35) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:05 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 383, Candillan wrote:To be honest, the part that initially bothered me about you was the fact that you called Grim town for something he did as scum. Then, from that discussion, you twisted my case into "whatever he does that's town is scum, and whatever he does that's scum is scum" which was a blatant misrep that you still haven't rescinded. My case was different, and you refuse to acknowledge it. Closed-mindedness is anti-town at least, if not scummy. Your dismissing of him as town for something he did when he was scum still rubs me the wrong way. I don't think a townie would do that, and it seems as if you know he's town.[quite]

I didn't "twist" your case. You said above that there were other ways of being "townie", but failed to describe what those were.

Tell me, how could Grim post that would make him look townie to you?

Speaking of close mindedness, wouldn't assuming that Grim would only post a certain way as scum quality as the same? Not to mention that you tried to misrep me by stating that I had eliminated him as scum in my reads: being townie isn't the same as being confirmed townie.
Then, you made post 194, which read as super scummy. It made it seem like you were justifying him being alive so you could pin blame on him D3 for still being alive.
So you're saying my overall plan is to defend Grim until D3, then lynch him? That would require quite a few "if's" happening, and frankly that makes no sense to me. I said that Grim seemed townie, but if he lived til D3 I would have to look at him again. D3 is awhile from now. Would you have rather said that if he lives until D3 that I won't bother reexamining him?
Also there's the point about the Switzerland complex he's having. He isn't making enemies of anyone aside from me. He hasn't listed any scumreads aside from me, and that, especially, bothers me. Not because of OMGUS, but because he's trying to get you all to warm up to a mislynch by getting on all your good sides. He didn't even deny it when he was asked about buddying to Grim.
Misrep. I didn't "deny" buddying Grim but I didn't confirm it either. Speaking of which, since when are YOU against buddying? You are the one who explicitly mentioned that you were going to buddy Raven if I recall correctly.

Just look at this comment: "you can't say I don't have a meta"... Even though earlier you said that meta was "useless" against you because you don't play any particular meta.

And then you top it off with back pedaling on one of your reads lists. In post 340, you said you believed in the possibility of a scum team between me and Grim. Now you're saying he's null.

Really, you're all over the place.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (isolation #36) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:06 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Augh, jacked up the quotes there. If anyone can't follow let me know and I'll repost. (Stupid quite...)
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #37) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:44 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Candi, not sure if you missed it in the messed up quotes, but Id like to hear from you how you think Grim could "act townie" without posting the way he is now.

You said there are different ways of acting townie, so Id like to see you give some examples.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (isolation #38) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:08 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 400, Grimgroove wrote: LnGrrrR has been tunneling. Plain and simple. I also don't like how in his last post, he's saying Candillan is "misrepping" him over trivial matters. Sounds like LnGrrrR has reached the stage where everything that comes close to being an argument against Candillan will be used, regardless of its inherent value.
I won't deny that I've been tunneling him, but only because he has posted so many scummy things.

- His awkward multiple "I'm town" jokes
- His awkward "I don't have a meta" argument
- His null means scum or town comment, which makes no sense. Null does mean they could be either, but he tries to play it off like moving someone to null from scum makes no difference. Remember, he made a comment that he though Grim and I might be a scum team after he listed his reads, and now Grim is upgraded to town with no posted reason.

He's given me bad vibes since the beginning, and has done nearly nothing to alleviate them.

As far as my comments on Rach, they were colorless because she hadn't posted much at that time. I thought her post 263 was slightly townie.

Frankly, it seems like besides Candy and I's arguments, most of the other cases have been on supposed "slips". They all felt like pretty bad arguments to me, which is why I agreed with Rach. Not to mention that we have had a lack of participation from 2 or 3 spots now.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (isolation #39) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:53 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

@Syr, I looked back at Candi's reads and here they are:

Post 199: Has Grim at the bottom of his scum list (with Crand and I)
Post 313: Of four slots from town to scum, has Grim at slot 3 (with you and me at the scummiest slot 4). Crand/David jumps to super-town.
Post 392: Candi says that Grim is a null read, not a scum read.
Post 396: Candi says a null read means it could be scum or town.

Ok after review, I can see where Grim might have raised up in his eyes. Point retracted.

Im obviously not convincing anyone else, so Im goin to step away for a bit, and then look at some other slots. Hopefully the lurkers will post while Im gone so I have some more info to look at.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (isolation #40) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:53 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

Oh and L-2.

I'm vanilla town.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (isolation #41) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:59 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

If I am going down, I request 24 hours or so to reread the thread fully and provide whatever reads I can. If you all have me as scum Im obviously not doing the job I should be as town, so Id at least like to help in some way.

And re the whole "how could Grim be townie" argument, the reason I kept bringing it up is because the whole idea of making someone scummy for a town action is just... Mindblowingly illogical to me. It actually annoys/ pisses me off to some degree, especially when people are totally fine with semantic "yes/yep" and "town this time" arguments.

Reads and possibly a wall of text incoming in the next day.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (isolation #42) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:35 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Grim, claims usually occur at l-2, because if you wait until l-1, then the scum can just self-hammer to deny information to the town.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (isolation #43) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:51 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

*rolling my eyes*

Really Syr? Please explain how that's a scumslip.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (isolation #44) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:02 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

While a quick hammer is possible, I have read a few games where at L-1, the scum voted themselves as the hammer, so there would be one less vote for townies to pry info from. (Then again, I believe it's mentioned in the newbie thread to refrain from this, but still something to be aware of.)
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (isolation #45) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:06 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

EBWOP: Oh and the "you" in the post above was an impersonal you, like, "When making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, make sure you have all the ingredients you need."

PEDIT: Yes, I meant self hammer. In some situations, if the scum sees no way out of a lynch, then if you/they/town/whatever pronoun you want to put here waits until L-1 for the actual claim, then scum can vote themselves as the last vote.

That means the next day you have one less vote to analyze, because obviously you're not going to get any info from the scum's self- hammer.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (isolation #46) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:12 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Syr, what makes you think that's scummy?

I would much rather have a quick-hammer than a self-hammer. A quick hammer gives you info at least, a self-hammer denies that. The one thing that town doesn't have, the one thing it needs to win, is information.

PEDIT: Syr, that logic makes no sense. How could I be worried about a self- hammer if I'M the one getting run up? I only brought it up in the first place because Grim asked why I claimed at L-2 instead of L-1. The reason to claim at L-2 is more so to prevent self-hammers than quick-hammers, in my opinion.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (isolation #47) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:24 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Grim,

This comment
From the PoV of other players it might make a little sense to want a claim at L-2 to prevent a self-hammer, but it's still a stretch.
Is exactly what Im talking about. You said it was suspicious that I claimed at L-2. I'm fact, you specifically asked me why:
Do you always claim at L-2? I thought the general procedure was to wait until someone showed intent to hammer at L-1?
I explained to you someone should always claim at L-2. If you want, I can replace "you" with "the town".
"Grim, claims usually occur at l-2, because if the town waits until l-1, then the scum can just self-hammer to deny information to the town."
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (isolation #48) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:26 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Also, it would be hilarious if my final vote was placed on me due to supposed "scumslips" when I've pretty much been railing against all these "scumslip" arguments throughout the entire day.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (isolation #49) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:47 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 446, Grimgroove wrote:But "the town" doesn't have a say in when the claim comes. That's up to the claimer.

@Syryana: Are you drunk? :cop:
Technically yes. But except in rare cases (certain power roles/game states), it does no good for a townie not to claim at L-2. The town should have a vested interest in making sure the person claims at L-2, for quick and self hammer reasons.

And while I haven't played many games, the ones I have have been bigger groups, so perhaps claiming at L-2 isn't a hard and fast rule here. I assumed that was expected since Syr pointed out that his vote was L-2.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (isolation #50) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:35 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Grim, yes I will. Was planning on doing it last night, but the Bruins game ran a little long.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (isolation #51) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:30 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

Sorry for the delay guys. Got in-laws coming into town tomorrow, a bit busy.

TOWN:
Me
Grim - been over this already
Homer - asks good questions, gives solid analysis
Syr - This is more gut than anything, but I think upon realizing his "scumslip" mistake, if he was actual scum he would've tried to spin it instead of just owning up to it. Felt annoyed by his mistake in later posts and refuses to justify attacks based on it.

NULL
Crand/David - Provides a lot of analysis, but doesn't actually challenge many people with questions
RachMarie - Leaning slight town. She has stopped lurking and I don't see anything coming from a scum mindset.

SCUM
Ravenpaw - Didn't scumhunt, didnt pressure with votes, really didn't do much. Lets see what Mothrax does.
Candy - duh

INCOMPLETE
Shaboo

Actually looking over the thread and ISOs, Im surprised by how little questions are actually being asked. A lot of analysis, but not a lot of questions. The huge amount of lurk replacements probably isn't helping much.

Are there any questions anyone has of me in case I am the lynch? Any posts they want me to explain? I don't have a lot of info, and I could be completely wrong about the scum team, but Im willing to answer whatever.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (isolation #52) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:40 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 486, Core_H86 wrote:
In post 482, LnGrrrR wrote:Sorry for the delay guys. Got in-laws coming into town tomorrow, a bit busy.

TOWN:
Me
Grim - been over this already
Homer - asks good questions, gives solid analysis
Syr - This is more gut than anything, but I think upon realizing his "scumslip" mistake, if he was actual scum he would've tried to spin it instead of just owning up to it. Felt annoyed by his mistake in later posts and refuses to justify attacks based on it.

NULL
Crand/David - Provides a lot of analysis, but doesn't actually challenge many people with questions
RachMarie - Leaning slight town. She has stopped lurking and I don't see anything coming from a scum mindset.

SCUM
Ravenpaw - Didn't scumhunt, didnt pressure with votes, really didn't do much. Lets see what Mothrax does.
Candy - duh

INCOMPLETE
Shaboo

Actually looking over the thread and ISOs, Im surprised by how little questions are actually being asked. A lot of analysis, but not a lot of questions. The huge amount of lurk replacements probably isn't helping much.

Are there any questions anyone has of me in case I am the lynch? Any posts they want me to explain? I don't have a lot of info, and I could be completely wrong about the scum team, but Im willing to answer whatever.
Sorry for the large post... I'm reading from both sides here could you elaborate, only ask because from page 1-10 he's my #1 suspect
Honestly laughing out loud here. Keep reading :)
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (isolation #53) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:49 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Defense against which case? If its Syryana's meta case, all I can say is that I've been frustrated from the beginning because people have been going after supposed "scumslips" but won't go after pretty obvious scum errors that I think Candy is making. It's one of the reasons Im tunneling so hard because Im tryin to get others to see it. I know "OMG you can't tell he's scum you're stupid!" is a supposed scumtell, but Im pretty much at that point right now. It jus feels very obvious to me. I don't feel as "jokey" because, ya know, Im frustrated. Plus all these leavers/lurkers suck for having a good time.

If you're talking about Candy's case, I believe I have already responded to it.

To all on my wagon; do you think my flip will tell you anything about those on the wagon?
To all on Candy's wagon, same question.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (isolation #54) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:10 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

I'd like to note that if we can't get the votes on Candi, better to lynch me instead.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (isolation #55) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:11 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

EBWODP: That is, over a no-lynch.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (isolation #56) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:52 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Don't worry Candy, if you flip town I'll probably be the next lynch, flip town myself D2, and then we can share a virtual beer in the spectator thread.

@Candy, you should at least full claim.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (isolation #57) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:22 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

You're at what, L-1? With how many hours before the deadline?

*shaking my head* That's not power role fishing. In fact, if you are a power role, you should share now, like this instant, to give town time to rethink the lynch. I'm vanilla so it isn't a huge loss if they lynch me, but if you are power then it IS a big loss.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (isolation #58) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:43 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

I've already claimed. (Vanilla town) Might as well lynch me; I doubt we can swing another wagon before the deadline, assuming it isn't extended.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (isolation #59) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:46 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 556, mothrax wrote:@candi did you notice how I didn't post between you claiming and you calling me out for not unvoting?
Ditto. You can stop being scummy now btw Candi.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (isolation #60) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:51 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

EBWOP: I think Syr is town, but I KNOW Im town.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Syrana

Sorry Syr.

When's the deadline? I can show up to self hammer if necessary.

PEDIT: I would rather not be lynched either. :p
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (isolation #61) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:23 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 564, Candillan wrote:
In post 560, LnGrrrR wrote:
In post 556, mothrax wrote:@candi did you notice how I didn't post between you claiming and you calling me out for not unvoting?
Ditto. You can stop being scummy now btw Candi.
That wasn't an act.
Also, you did post after I softclaimed, and it did not include an unvote. Yet now you unvote. It seems as if you're desperate to get a lynch off, why not vote your other scumread, Raven's slot? Your vote on Syryana screams of desperation to lynch someone else.
You literally just said this:

In post 546, Candillan wrote:Thank you.
Yeeshus, I was going for "scummy enough to not get nk'd, but not scummy enough to get lynched", but then I think I was a bit //too// scummy.
If you are town, you're the scummiest town I've played with in my short career. Oh and I had ONE post after you actually claimed.

Oh and that "one post" was literally three minutes before the post I unvoted you, which was the very next post.

And yes, Im desperate to lynch someone because we need some sort of lynch today. I am not voting Raven because there hasn't been a wagon on her.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (isolation #62) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:25 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

Ok, since we have a day now:

UNVOTE:

Want to prevent a derphammer.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (isolation #63) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:51 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

Since when is being "survivalistic" scummy?
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (isolation #64) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:58 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

Rach, I can understand that reasoning, but I know Im town; I only think Syr is. I'll try to do an ISO on him tonight or tomorrow morning.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (isolation #65) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:10 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

@Candy, did you not see my "Lets see what Mothrax does" comment? Raven was scummy but also a huge lurker. So far Mothrax has been providing content.

And how do you know Mothrax isn't a power role, by the way?
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (isolation #66) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:44 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Look, let's just make this easy. Vote me if you think Im even at all slightly scummy. I've changed my mind about surviving over Syr; if people think my flip will help town, I'm down for it.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (isolation #67) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:14 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 606, mothrax wrote:Lnngr, why advocate your own lynch over someone who you only think is town.
Because 1) I think most people on the Syr wagon were quick voting due to the deadline, 2) a few people have said they think my flip will be useful to catch scum, and 3) part of me is masochistic and wants to prove Candy wrong since he is being such an insufferable twat.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (isolation #68) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:41 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

Bah. Told you I was town Candi! I'll buy the first round :)
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1136 (isolation #69) » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:38 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 1130, Candillan wrote:The dead thread is fun times.
Nobody listened to me when I said "note core's rolefishing" when he stated intent to get me to claim.

Good job, town! I thought you were all lost until Rach flipped scum.
Syryana, were you the jk? It was either you or Majiffy.
More thoughts later when not phone posting.
Did you enjoy the afterlife beer Candy? :)
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1153 (isolation #70) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:31 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

Yeah Candi, I never got the GY chat link so I just assumed there wasn't one. Sorry man :)
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1155 (isolation #71) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:22 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

Ha! I am dumb. :)

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”