Newbie 1368 - Will there ever be a title? (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 10:41 am

Post by Edosurist »

VC 1.1

Grimgroove
(1): Ravenpaw
Crandaja
(2): Grimgroove, Syryana
Syryana
(1): homertve
Not voting
: LnGrrrR, Candillan, Crandaja, shaboostein, RachMarie

Day 1 ends in
(expired on 2013-06-04 22:43:00)

shaboostein has (expired on 2013-05-23 19:44:00) to confirm or face replacement.
The name's Edosurist. People call me Edos.
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
(pronounced E-do-ist or e-DOIST? I'm not quite certain), or
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 10:58 am

Post by Candillan »

In post 49, Edosurist wrote:
@Crandaja and Candillan
Spoiler:

Bump for VC
;-;
Crandaja
Crandaja
Townie
Crandaja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 10:58 am

Post by Crandaja »

That's a large trollface.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 11:00 am

Post by Candillan »

I love how Shaboo posted there but not here.
And by love, I mean dislike.
Cmon, Shaboo ;-;
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 1:05 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Shaboo needs to get his butt in this game, atm though want to see if he actually joins us or gets replaced before voting for him.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 1:12 pm

Post by Candillan »

If Shaboo was a jester, he'd win every game.
shaboostein
shaboostein
Townie
shaboostein
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 1:55 pm

Post by shaboostein »

The great shaboostein has returned... stay tuned for an actual post.

And c'mon, its been like a day since the game started. Give a guy some slack :P
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 1:58 pm

Post by Candillan »

The Great Shaboostein...
That has a nice ring to it.

I'd give you more slack if you hadn't posted in the QT rather than here. >_>
shaboostein
shaboostein
Townie
shaboostein
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 2:25 pm

Post by shaboostein »

When I realized the new game had started it was the first place I went. That was in the middle of class though, and I had to get off after
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 3:35 pm

Post by Candillan »

Fair enough
Wait, you went straight for the QT link...? o_o
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 7:14 pm

Post by Syryana »

We need more input from people that are not me, Cand, or Grimgroove

The mod has more posts than everyone else
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 7:39 pm

Post by Candillan »

See, at first I thought you were kidding, but it's actually true. o_o
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:04 pm

Post by Syryana »

Yep

Threads been open for 2 days, we have 3 pages and 3 people making those pages

I dont want Lurkfest 2.0
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:59 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 43, RachMarie wrote: For those pushing Grims wagon do you have anything else besides the fact he was scumz in the aborted game? cause we rerolled and that is not good enough he has a higher chance of being town than scum since each roll for a game is independent of each other.
Who were you talking to here? I didn't see anyone pushing my wagon, just some RVS-votes and Syryana keeping a close eye on me.
homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 9:03 pm

Post by homertve »

You are quite right. I hate lurking.

Here's my thoughts at this point:

Syryana - He was the second one to vote Grimgroove, and then, right after the third vote to Grimgroove, he pulled his vote and moved it to somene else. Is it because Syryana and Grimgroove are scums? Did Syryana wanted his first vote to be on his scum-pal and then, when he saw a wagon coming he decided it was too risky?

Grimgroove - His RVS was Candillan. He then started a very stupid "yes vs. yup" discussion. If my theory is right, it could be planned by those two in advance.

Candillan - He points out in how
Syryana
's explaining
Grimgroove
is a scum and then voting
Crand
is odd. I think it's another evidence of Syryana and Grimgroove both being scums. I hope I'm not tunneling here. Anyway, to me Candillan lean town right now.

Crandaja - Votes to Ravenpaw in the RVS stage and then unvotes him. I don't have a read on him yet.

LnGrrrR, Ravenpaw, RachMarie, shaboostein - Didn't say much. I have no clue.

At this time, my vote to Syryana stands.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 9:11 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 45, Crandaja wrote:
In post 28, Grimgroove wrote:My mistake, but I only looked at the last couple of posts by Ravenpaw, which is only sensible.
I feel my point still stands.
Why on earth would Crandaja be referring to a word in a post made 12 days ago? Why would that kind of thing stick and why would bad vibes from that post be carried over to a new game?
He didn't mention it gave him bad vibes back then, why now?
I would also prefer it if you would let Crandaja answer that question this time around. Don't see why you're so eager jumping to his defense.
I have some problems with this. You ask where she called me darling, then 25 minutes later you say you can't see it in Title Pending. ISO button makes it really easy to see all of Raven's posts and one of the only interactions we had between one another was the one where she called me darling. Its really not hard to find if you looked in that thread (which you said yourself you did) especially not in 25 minutes.
You don't seriously think I spent those 25 minutes entirely to searching for what you were referring to? Do you think that if I would have in fact found it, that I would lie about it and hope that nobody would notice? I already explained why I did not find it, even though you seem to think that is "flawed".
I think your first statement that its only sensible to check the last few messages is flawed. If you think its not important to check the thread than it wouldn't have been so important for you to not find it there. Without doing the search how would you know if she said it or not? Why do you assume its from the scum QT without reading the whole thread?
The disagreement lies in the first part. I don't think it's flawed. I find it very odd you would be referring to something (a single word) from 12 days ago from a previous game. Like I said before, I did check the thread, but was only looking at the post game discussion, meaning I didn't make it to page 7. Obviously I should have been more thorough and I jumped to conclusions, but there was no bad intent. Just had my assumptions (that you would be referring to something more recent) wrong so to speak.
When I was doing an RVS at the start of this game i didn't want to vote Grim right away to avoid getting him too close to L-1 without any discussion. I saw Ravenpaw's post and decided to vote her as my RVS. It was the only thing I really remember about her from last game.
I can live with that explanation, but if either of you would happen to flip scum I'll definitely remember this passage.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 9:17 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 42, LnGrrrR wrote:I skimmed quickly; the giant walls of text are a big clue.
Did you get your reading done by now?

VOTE: LnGrrrR

Thanks to the cancellation of the previous game I think I have some kind of a meta from most of you, and so far LnGrrrR seems to be the most different for some reason. He seems a lot less involved.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 9:46 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 64, homertve wrote:You are quite right. I hate lurking.

Here's my thoughts at this point:

Syryana - He was the second one to vote Grimgroove, and then, right after the third vote to Grimgroove, he pulled his vote and moved it to somene else. Is it because Syryana and Grimgroove are scums? Did Syryana wanted his first vote to be on his scum-pal and then, when he saw a wagon coming he decided it was too risky?
This isn't the first time someone's scum-read me for having a jumpy vote. If you want, feel free to look at what happened in this game before the reroll; you can see the same behaviors there.
In post 64, homertve wrote:Grimgroove - His RVS was Candillan. He then started a very stupid "yes vs. yup" discussion. If my theory is right, it could be planned by those two in advance.
You have a theory: Grim and I are scum together. However, in reference to this point, you are making the evidence fit the case, rather than making the case fit the evidence. I agree with you that the "yes vs. yup" argument was extremely stupid, but does the exchange between Grim and myself sound forced and planned? What about that exchange makes you think he and I are scum together?
In post 64, homertve wrote:Candillan - He points out in how
Syryana
's explaining
Grimgroove
Crand
is odd. I think it's another evidence of Syryana and Grimgroove both being scums. I hope I'm not tunneling here. Anyway, to me Candillan lean town right now.
You are leaning town on Candillan because he pointed out the oddity in my post. Yet in the same post, he says he's leaning town on me for it. Why do you think that is? Also, did you see my reasoning near the bottom of that post as to why I'm voting Crand over Grim?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 9:59 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

I don't like my "yes vs yup"-thing being called
stupid
several times now, but I guess that given the opinion of the majority, it was. I still don't like "yups" and I never will, but maybe we're from a different generation.
Anyway, regardless of this, even if it was stupid, there's only so many ways of getting out of an RVS asap, and I'm still glad we made it out relatively fast, even with half of the people not participating.
homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 10:41 pm

Post by homertve »

In post 67, Syryana wrote:
In post 64, homertve wrote:Syryana - He was the second one to vote Grimgroove, and then, right after the third vote to Grimgroove, he pulled his vote and moved it to somene else. Is it because Syryana and Grimgroove are scums? Did Syryana wanted his first vote to be on his scum-pal and then, when he saw a wagon coming he decided it was too risky?
This isn't the first time someone's scum-read me for having a jumpy vote. If you want, feel free to look at what happened in this game before the reroll; you can see the same behaviors there.
It's not the actual jumpiness, it's the timing. Here you did it right after he got his third vote. Before the reroll you just jumped from one to another (at least in the first three pages that I skimmed over there).
In post 64, homertve wrote:Grimgroove - His RVS was Candillan. He then started a very stupid "yes vs. yup" discussion. If my theory is right, it could be planned by those two in advance.
You have a theory: Grim and I are scum together. However, in reference to this point, you are making the evidence fit the case, rather than making the case fit the evidence. I agree with you that the "yes vs. yup" argument was extremely stupid, but does the exchange between Grim and myself sound forced and planned? What about that exchange makes you think he and I are scum together?
The argue itself doesn't sound planned, but you could plan that you'll argue about something without planning the details.
Syryana
's explaining
Grimgroove
Crand
You are leaning town on Candillan because he pointed out the oddity in my post. Yet in the same post, he says he's leaning town on me for it. Why do you think that is? Also, did you see my reasoning near the bottom of that post as to why I'm voting Crand over Grim?
I don't know why he's leaning town on you. Maybe he needs to answer to that question.
In post 67, Syryana wrote:Also, did you see my reasoning near the bottom of that post as to why I'm voting Crand over Grim?
No, I didn't see any reasoning for that. Can you elaborate?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 10:46 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 69, homertve wrote:
The argue itself doesn't sound planned, but you could plan that you'll argue about something without planning the details.
Then how is our argument different from any other argument that's been had here? Why do you get the impression our argument is planned and others are not?
Syryana
's explaining
Grimgroove
Crand
I don't know why he's leaning town on you. Maybe he needs to answer to that question.
He did, he called it a gutread in post
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 10:58 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 68, Grimgroove wrote:I don't like my "yes vs yup"-thing being called
stupid
several times now, but I guess that given the opinion of the majority, it was. I still don't like "yups" and I never will, but maybe we're from a different generation.
Anyway, regardless of this, even if it was stupid, there's only so many ways of getting out of an RVS asap, and I'm still glad we made it out relatively fast, even with half of the people not participating.
Grim, you have my apologies. I did not intend to offend; where I come from "yes, yeah, yep, yup" etc. are all synonyms and to have someone claim otherwise just made my head explode.
homertve wrote:It's not the actual jumpiness, it's the timing. Here you did it right after he got his third vote. Before the reroll you just jumped from one to another (at least in the first three pages that I skimmed over there).
I'd tell you my reasoning behind it, but I can't discuss an ongoing game. Let me simply say I'm rather paranoid of derp Page 1 RVS lynches right now.
homertve wrote:
In post 67, Syryana wrote:Also, did you see my reasoning near the bottom of that post as to why I'm voting Crand over Grim?
No, I didn't see any reasoning for that. Can you elaborate?
In post 32, Syryana wrote:My main beef with you right now is that in the last game you obvtowned like crazy; excellent logic, walls of well reasoned arguments, good reads. This game, you're hopping all over everywhere, attacking me, attacking Crand; it's shooting from the hip playstyle. I can't decide if you're this different because it's your town play or if you've drawn scum again and you're breaking from your own playstyle so as not to get caught.

While I'm chewing over that:
VOTE: Crandaja
homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 11:08 pm

Post by homertve »

In post 70, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 69, homertve wrote:
Then how is our argument different from any other argument that's been had here? Why do you get the impression our argument is planned and others are not?
Call it a hunch.

However, since it's only a hunch, I feel the real issue here is that we have too many silent (or near silent) players, so I'm thinking we should force them to come out from their hideouts. What do you say?

Syryana - Oh, wait, did you mean that in you were referring to Cran in the last paragraph? I thought you were still talking about Grimgroove!
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2013 11:35 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 72, homertve wrote:Syryana - Oh, wait, did you mean that in you were referring to Cran in the last paragraph? I thought you were still talking about Grimgroove!
Ohhh, I see now. You weren't asking why I wasn't voting Grim, you're asking why I'm voting Crand. I'm retarded. That paragraph I linked is about Grim.

I'm voting Crand because I found it suspicious that his RVS reason to vote Raven was based on a post made two weeks ago. I didn't know why that stuck in his mind and I was pressure voting him. Now I'm thinking about it, this was his response:
In post 45, Crandaja wrote:I have some problems with this. You ask where she called me darling, then 25 minutes later you say you can't see it in Title Pending. ISO button makes it really easy to see all of Raven's posts and one of the only interactions we had between one another was the one where she called me darling. Its really not hard to find if you looked in that thread (which you said yourself you did) especially not in 25 minutes.

I think your first statement that its only sensible to check the last few messages is flawed. If you think its not important to check the thread than it wouldn't have been so important for you to not find it there. Without doing the search how would you know if she said it or not? Why do you assume its from the scum QT without reading the whole thread?

When I was doing an RVS at the start of this game i didn't want to vote Grim right away to avoid getting him too close to L-1 without any discussion. I saw Ravenpaw's post and decided to vote her as my RVS. It was the only thing I really remember about her from last game.

Also Cand why do you keep putting the third vote on people so quickly without discussion? You've done this twice already in this game alone and I don't like it.
His response was interestingly defensive. I mean, it was an RVS vote, so why get so defensive about it? In this post, Crand:
  • Attacks Grim for not noticing that Raven called Crand darling in the previous game (note, I had already done so and over half his post is dedicated to lashing Grim for not noticing/not properly using search tools)
  • Defends his RVS vote by explaining he wanted to vote for Grim but didn't want to put him at L-1 (nobody asked him this question, so why is he answering it, again overdefensive)
  • Asks Cand why he keeps putting the third vote on people (it looks like a deflection, note how he implies Cand is scummy for putting people at L-2)
So, all in all, I'm pretty happy with my vote where it is.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 12:18 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

I think Grimgroove's point about starting off the other game on an equally silly charge (the color thing) has merit.

Syryana makes a good point above about Crandaja's defensiveness.

Homer, are you planning on reading the other game?

I think Candillans meta is to start every game with a scummy statement. I don't like the "Oh no not a wagon again on me for a scummy RVS", because it tends to disarm thoughts of actual scumminess. Additionally, in ISO he looks fishy: he votes Crand, then unvotes three posts later because he doesn't always want to be the third vote on a wagon. Seems very self conscious about his votes, and if he thought it was good to put pressure on Crand, why take it off? If he is worried about L-2, he could just ask for no claims at this time.

Also, Candillan hasn't scumhunted at all. Just look at his ISO, no challenges, a /barn here or there...

VOTE: Candillan

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”