Newbie 1742 Earth - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:29 am

Post by Icy »

VOTE: Accountant

I like her vote a lot more than yours.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:20 am

Post by Icy »

In post 69, Shadowlancerx wrote:
In post 67, Icy wrote:VOTE: Accountant

I like her vote a lot more than yours.
This doesn't make sense to me. What are you saying with this vote? That you're getting a scummier read on accountant here?
What are your thoughts on Huntress' post? What about Penguin? Do you think that hammer was truly accidental or do you think not?
I'm not yet feeling strongly about anyone here, and we haven't even heard from most people yet.
What I'm saying is both seem scummy to me. Penguin told you to take the game seriously, then placed a careless vote from his phone.

Accountant in post 26 laid out the exact scenario that happened, yet in his vote post 32 not only didn't he say Blix was at L-1, but he voted player A then commented on player B.

I agree with Huntress's train of thought.

I believe Penguin didn't really care what the vote count was.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:33 am

Post by Icy »

How about you convince me your town and make it easy for me to move my vote.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:47 am

Post by Icy »

Anyone have any strong feelings on Vampirate getting killed?
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:23 am

Post by Icy »

In post 79, Accountant wrote:
In post 77, Icy wrote:How about you convince me your town and make it easy for me to move my vote.
I'm not trying to convince you to move your vote, I'm asking you a
question
. Why did you vote me as opposed to PP
in the first place
when town!Icy would be voting PP?
If there wasn't a vote on him already I would have voted there.

At this point in the game I see you as 1 and 1a.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:31 am

Post by Icy »

In post 81, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 75, Icy wrote:I believe Penguin didn't really care what the vote count was.
Please answer this question:
In post 74, PenguinPower wrote:What possible reason would scum!PP have to derphammer 2 pages into the game?
No Idea!

Would town PP post "string him up" after his vote, or would he post I believe this puts Blix at L-1.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #6) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:12 am

Post by Icy »

In post 89, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 83, Icy wrote:If there wasn't a vote on him already I would have voted there.
Why wouldn't you put another vote on me if you think I'm scum?
Your day one play warranted some questions/ and or votes on day two. When I logged in Huntress had already voted you and Accountant voted her. Accountant's vote and reason for the vote seemed to me like it could have been used on anyone who voted you. That's why I voted him instead of you.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #7) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:27 am

Post by Icy »

In post 90, Huntress wrote:: There's no way a player can convince you they are town just like that.

: This question feels like a diversion tactic.

: It didn't bother you in your previous game to vote for someone who already had votes on them, so why does it now?

Vote: Icy
After rereading my posts I guess I see where you think it bothered me to vote Penguin, that's not the case. It was Accountants vote and reason for that vote that swung my vote to him.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:36 am

Post by Icy »

In post 98, Accountant wrote:So Icy responds fairly promptly earlier on, then goes quiet when the hard questions are asked? Inactivity isn't a scumtell, but convenient inactivity in response to pressure is.
That's just not true. I wasn't aware that I was to be available 24/7 when I subbed in. I usually only play in the morning. I'll try to log in more often.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:50 am

Post by Icy »

In post 97, hinanawiscarlet wrote:
In post 78, Icy wrote:Anyone have any strong feelings on Vampirate getting killed?
I agree that this question feels like a distraction, and not adding to town.
Not a distraction at all. I felt after reading day one that either Vampirate, or Shadowlancerx would be the night kill.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:58 am

Post by Icy »

Accountant, have you decided everyone on Blix's wagon is town or was this post to everyone else?
In post 57, Accountant wrote:Don't fall into the trap of lynching only from Blix's wagon - it's too early and too erratic to conclude that scum HAS to be pushing it. I would definitely take a good hard look at everyone on it though.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:16 am

Post by Icy »

In post 103, Accountant wrote:
In post 99, Icy wrote:
In post 89, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 83, Icy wrote:If there wasn't a vote on him already I would have voted there.
Why wouldn't you put another vote on me if you think I'm scum?
Your day one play warranted some questions/ and or votes on day two. When I logged in Huntress had already voted you and Accountant voted her. Accountant's vote and reason for the vote seemed to me like it could have been used on anyone who voted you. That's why I voted him instead of you.
How does my reasoning being applicable to anyone who voted Penguin imply that your vote would be better placed on me instead of Penguin?
You vote reason on Huntress was lame. I believe you would have voted and used that same reasoning on any townee that voted Penguin.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:53 am

Post by Icy »

In post 112, BlackVoid wrote:Hi everyone. I'm caught up with the game.

Regarding the end-of-D1 hammer by PenguinPower, I could see it going any of three ways: town accidentally hammering, scum accidentally hammering, or scum hammering on purpose. What I find striking is that he's receiving far less attention than I would have expected if he was town given it's an easy thing for scum to push on. I could see scum ending the day early given the lack of discussion hurts town and I have trouble seeing how he missed that Blix900 gave an L-1 warning. He keeps asking what possible reason he had for hammering which looks like a lot of wifom.

@Accountant, you were saying earlier that Penguin isn't the kind of scum that would talk himself out of pressure. What do you make of the fact that he hasn't received all that much pressure in the first place? Even if it was an accident, he could still be scum that made a mistake unless you subscribe to the "scum-are-more-careful" theory. Is there a reason you are dismissing him as town?

@HinanawiScarlet, same question. Do you think Penguin accidentally voting Blix900 says anything about his alignment?

@Icy, can you explain this:
In post 100, Icy wrote:I guess I see where you think it bothered me to vote Penguin, that's not the case. It was Accountants vote and reason for that vote that swung my vote to him.
In the first quote, you say that you would have voted Penguin if there wasn't already a vote on him implying that you preferred voting Penguin over Accountant but didn't do so only because there was already a vote on Penguin. But in the second quote, you say that you weren't bothered and preferred an Accountant vote. Can you explain the discrepancy?

I suspect Penguin and Icy could be scum which is one of the reasons I want people explaining their townreads on Penguin more.
Welcome to the game Blackvoid.

Let me try to explain where I'm at.

I subbed into the game after day one. My problem with Penguin is obviously his day one lynch vote, at the very least it was careless.

My problem with Accountant was his post 26 stating that it is customary to call out L-1, then with his vote not doing so. Not only that but if you skim the thread its easy to miss his L-1 vote because it's somewhat hidden with a vote on player a followed by a comment on player b.
Adding to that, I have a problem with Accountant calling out possible townee posts day one. If he isn't controlling the night kill he is at the very least influencing it.

Now lets move to day 2. My intention when logging in was to vote Penguin. Had there been no posts when I logged in I would have voted him, but there were two posts. Huntress vote on penguin which I had no problem with and Accountants vote on Huntress which was not a big problem but the reasoning behind the vote was weak. It appeared to me that he would have used that same reason on any townee that voted Penguin.

The reason for his vote along with his questionable game play day 1 changed my vote intention from Penguin to Accountant. A vote by anyone on Penguin would not have swayed he voting him, and at the end of the day I could/would change my vote to him if anyone can convince me that he is the better vote.

I hope this answers others questions as well.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:33 am

Post by Icy »

In post 117, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 115, Icy wrote:Had there been no posts when I logged in I would have voted him, but there were two posts. Huntress vote on penguin which I had no problem with and Accountants vote on Huntress which was not a big problem but the reasoning behind the vote was weak.
I don't get this. Why was Accountant's reasoning weak...it actually seems fairly strong to me.
What at that point, or for that matter even up till now has Huntress posted that warrants a vote? I truly believe that had I placed a lynch vote on someone that early day one you would have voted me.

Now let me ask you, or for that matter anyone a question? I seem to be getting votes because of my support of you, (which by the way I do not) yet Accountant seems to be openly supporting you and yet no votes on him. Is my case on him without merit?
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #14) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:05 am

Post by Icy »

In post 118, Huntress wrote:
In post 98, Accountant wrote:So Icy responds fairly promptly earlier on, then goes quiet when the hard questions are asked? Inactivity isn't a scumtell, but convenient inactivity in response to pressure is.
Icy has been posting around the same time every day, so where was the inactivity?

In post 101, Icy wrote:That's just not true. I wasn't aware that I was to be available 24/7 when I subbed in. I usually only play in the morning. I'll try to log in more often.
It's ok if you can't be on all the time as long as you can post at least once or twice a day. Some players like to post a lot more but it's not a requirement.
In post 102, Icy wrote:Not a distraction at all. I felt after reading day one that either Vampirate, or Shadowlancerx would be the night kill.
What reactions or responses were you looking for when you raised the subject?

In post 115, Icy wrote:... the reasoning behind the vote was weak. It appeared to me that he would have used that same reason on any townee that voted Penguin.
Why is that a reason for voting him?
To give the same reaction to the same action, whichever player made it, doesn't read as scummy to me. Yes, the reason was weak, but it's unusual to have strong reasons for voting anyone on page three of a game.
As a somewhat new player I'm struggling with "when does information help scum more than town", and "does everyone see what I see." I was looking for anyone to admit that in game posts could have influenced that night kill.

Maybe the reason for my vote on her wasn't good. It seemed to me at the time and still does like Accountants reason could have been used on anyone voting Penguin. After day one both seemed scummy to me.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:17 am

Post by Icy »

I'm not saying it should, or shouldn't be done. What I am saying is in HIS POST #26, it seems to read that it should be done.

Why post it should be done then not do it?
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:30 am

Post by Icy »

In post 28, Accountant wrote:ShadowlancerX and Blix900, would be good if you can get an avatar! they help players identify your posts quickly.

Also, shadowlancer is newbtown to a T. Scum are paranoid about dying, especially early on in the game, and so they do not vote themselves to L-1.
In post 56, Accountant wrote:Vampirate is probably town
This is a game of numbers. If any townee agreed with Accountant (which I did) and Scum nightkilled player C that would leave one less possible scum player. The longer the game goes the worse it gets for the scum team.

The smart night kill was one of those two players.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #17) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:45 am

Post by Icy »

In post 131, Accountant wrote:
Accountants reason could have been used on anyone voting Penguin. After day one both seemed scummy to me.
Why the Jimminy Cricket does that make me scum or the reasoning invalid??? This is not the first time you have dodged a question or failed to answer questions posed to you. You think they'll go away if you ignore them??

Face the music, Icy. You've been caught. Put your hands against the wall, do not move and do not resist arrest. You have the right ti remain silent as we lynch you.
Did I say the reason was invalid, or weak, lame and sorry? The reason made the hair on the back of my neck stand up, and my gut hurt. That along with your day one play made you my vote.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #18) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:01 am

Post by Icy »

In post 136, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 133, Icy wrote:
In post 28, Accountant wrote:ShadowlancerX and Blix900, would be good if you can get an avatar! they help players identify your posts quickly.

Also, shadowlancer is newbtown to a T. Scum are paranoid about dying, especially early on in the game, and so they do not vote themselves to L-1.
In post 56, Accountant wrote:Vampirate is probably town
This is a game of numbers. If any townee agreed with Accountant (which I did) and Scum nightkilled player C that would leave one less possible scum player. The longer the game goes the worse it gets for the scum team.

But why would scum announce that to the rest of the players instead of silently picking them off?
I don't know why anyone would announce it.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #19) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:19 am

Post by Icy »

In post 137, BlackVoid wrote:@Accountant, I'm going to hold on to my vote for now. Not ready to end the day until we see content from HinanawiScarlet who has only five posts and none of them are original content. He agrees that Penguin accidentally voted Blix900 but doesn't take a stance on Penguin's alignment, agrees that Icy's question about the nightkill was a distraction, and restates the same question everyone else asked Icy. I don't think he works as a partner with Icy though so I need to rethink one of those reads.

@Icy, I get why you voted Accountant but that doesn't really answer my question. You said regarding Penguin "
If there wasn't a vote on him already I would have voted there
." Can you walk me through what you were thinking at this point? Why did it matter that Huntress's vote was on Penguin? In your later posts, you seem to deny it entirely and say it doesn't matter so I don't follow. Also, you are not getting votes because of your support for Penguin. My issue is more that your stances on Accountant and Penguin are contradictory and you are backtracking. Accountant was clear about townreading Penguin and thinking that scum would push him. While I don't agree, I can see a coherent thought process there. I'm more interested in how easily I can understand where someone's coming from than in whether I agree with them.
What I was thinking.

Penguin and Accountant were my top two. Penguin 1, Accountant 1a. At that point Huntress had voted Penguin, and Accountant voted Huntress. There was already some pressure on Penguin and Accountants reason for vote (valid or not) bothered me. Rather than put more pressure on Penguin and let Accountant slide. I decided to apply some pressure to Accountant by voting him.

Had Accountant not voted Huntress I would have voted Penguin.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #20) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:29 am

Post by Icy »

In post 139, Accountant wrote:

By the way, this is an argument for town!Accountant being bad and telling the scum players who to kill, because it presumes that scum are killing people based on how much they're being townread; of course for this line of logic to make sense, the person doing the townreading(ie. me) has to be town themselves.

I thought you were scumreading me, Icy.
Do you subconsciously know I'm not a member of the scumteam?
So you admit you know
I'm Town
!!!!!!!
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #21) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:22 am

Post by Icy »

Subconsciously: acting or existing without one's awareness

If I were scum I would know you were town, my subconscious wouldn't be fighting me.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #22) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:43 am

Post by Icy »

I'm growing very tired of you trying to discredit me by saying I'm Lazy, I'm a liar, and I refuse to answer questions. Your comment about my mafia ability is also skewed, while it is true I did play my first game back in March this is only my second game.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #23) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:15 am

Post by Icy »

In post 138, Accountant wrote:
In post 134, Icy wrote:
In post 131, Accountant wrote:
Accountants reason could have been used on anyone voting Penguin. After day one both seemed scummy to me.
Why the Jimminy Cricket does that make me scum or the reasoning invalid??? This is not the first time you have dodged a question or failed to answer questions posed to you. You think they'll go away if you ignore them??

Face the music, Icy. You've been caught. Put your hands against the wall, do not move and do not resist arrest. You have the right ti remain silent as we lynch you.
Did I say the reason was invalid, or weak, lame and sorry? The reason made the hair on the back of my neck stand up, and my gut hurt. That along with your day one play made you my vote.
Oh, so
now
the story is "my read was gut all along! :D"

No. This is scum who has realized they talked themselves into a corner and are trying to spin it as a gut read, which conveniently can't be explained(because it's GUT!!!!).

And it is indeed a pure gut read because I've already debunked his nonsense about me intentionally not L-1ing(I
notice he didn't take me up on my offer to post games where I L-1ed accidentally as town
, like actual town trying to discern my alignment would) and his other nonsense about me trying to control the night kill by townreading people.
No I'm not going to go back and look at your other games. I don't believe things done in other games have much to do with this game. I'm just going to point to post 26 again. This is not a game post, it's a IC post. In the "spirit of the game" as a sum what newer player should I know that some of that post falls under the "do as I say, not as I do" blanket of teaching?
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (isolation #24) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:39 am

Post by Icy »

In post 146, Accountant wrote:
I don't know why anyone would announce it.
So why the hell would you write this as your reason for scumreading me? To scumread someone, you find something they do, explain why scum would do this and link the two to conclude theg are scum. You're completely missing the second step, and someone who's been here since March would know better.

If you can't explain why scum would do something, there's no valid reason to scumread someone for doing that thing.

There was already some pressure on Penguin and Accountants reason for vote (valid or not) bothered me. Rather than put more pressure on Penguin and let Accountant slide. I decided to apply some pressure to Accountant by voting him.

Had Accountant not voted Huntress I would have voted Penguin.
You're so full of shit, Icy. Real town want to wagon and kill their scumreads. They want to pile votes on top of them and shove them into the noose, like I'm doing to you right now. Someone who had the mindset of wanting to kill Penguin but not wanting to let me slide would have voted Penguin and then verbally put pressure on me by calling me out and shit.

This is terrible logic. Die! Die! Die!
I'm not sure why I need to explain in micro everything I post only for you to call me out on my feelings/reads. Yes I agree my logic is not Mafia 101. This thread almost goes dead when I log off, and when I'm on it's a "dog pile on ICY"

So because I'm not a quitter, I'll answer your question. Mafia would gain favor with the town by being right. Some might think because your read was proven right on Vampirate, it's also likely to be right on others.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #25) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:55 am

Post by Icy »

Maybe you did, maybe you didn't I'm unsure.

Just so I have this straight, it's Ok that your NOT AN INHUMANLY PERFECT VOTE CALCULATOR, but it's not OK for me to be a inhumanly perfect mafia player?
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #26) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:20 am

Post by Icy »

In post 156, Accountant wrote:
Mafia would gain favor with the town by being right. Some might think because your read was proven right on Vampirate, it's also likely to be right on others.
So am I scum for controlling the night kill by townreading Vampirate or am I scum for trying to get towncred by townreading Vampirate?

What makes you think it's scum!Accountant trying to get towncred as opposed to town!Accountant stating his actual reads?
As Scum you get town credit by calling it out then night killing her. I see no reason for town Accountant to share his reads.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #27) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:37 am

Post by Icy »

In post 158, Accountant wrote:That's a straight up misrep of my vote case. It's not okay that you're intentionally lying to town about your voting reasons and being inconsistent about your voting. Like, it makes no sense that you as town would not vote Penguin, and the reason you gave when asked to explain that was weaselly and god awful.
It's not if your vote case is wrong. When I am lynched and turn town, do you just get to sit back and say it's not my fault, he lynched himself with his posting inconsistency.

I'm willing to admit Ive been inconstant, but I've also been under constant pressure. I assure you I'm playing to the best of my ability. I'm also not above admitting I may be wrong about you. No one in this game has made a case on anyone but me.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (isolation #28) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:47 am

Post by Icy »

In post 194, PenguinPower wrote:I suspect everyone, that's why I'm asking questions. Did I strongly suspect he was scum? Well...did I put my vote down?
No you didn't, but you certainly kept the pressure on me. It's plain to see that a day two townee lynch with your vote on them would make for a very unpleasant day three for you.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #29) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:18 am

Post by Icy »

I don't understand exactly what caused Accountant to drop his vote on me, and or why Penguin voted Huntress almost simultaneously.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #30) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:34 am

Post by Icy »

In post 169, Accountant wrote:

BlackVoid
hinanawiscarlet
Icy
Shadowlancerx
Huntress (SE)
PenguinPower (SE)
Accountant (IC)
I know I'm town.

Newbie 1739 just ended, so I want everyone to go look at it. That's a game where Penguin is scum. I don't think he's scum here.

Shadowlancer isn't scum. Newbscum doesnt L-1 themselves early on the game.

BlackVoid is probably town. Wouldn't bet my soul on it, but scum BlackVoid could easily have killed Icy.

Icy is pretty obvious newbtown if I take off my tunnel glasses. Scum has no reason to vote me when they could mindlessly sheep onto PP.

scarlet and Huntress are scum by PoE. One is an inactive and the other was trying to kill PP instantly Day 2. The jump from PP to Icy seals the deal.
Kill him instantly is a giant stretch, she placed the first vote on him which he earned. We don't know what she would have done had a quick train formed on him. I only say that because she was quick to move her vote off of me when I was at L-1.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (isolation #31) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:11 am

Post by Icy »

I'm really hating all these setups
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #32) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:14 am

Post by Icy »

UNVOTE:
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (isolation #33) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:57 am

Post by Icy »

In post 207, Shadowlancerx wrote:Penguin, what do you make of scarlet's move here? He's on your lynch list anyway, does that change your thought process or, is it just a gambit? If I'm thinking out loud, is it possible hunt is a roleblocker and scarlet is falling on the sword here...
My gut tells me to hold strong for Huntress,
but as you're my strongest town read right now
, I'd like to get your thoughts too.
In post 238, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 169, Accountant wrote:Shadowlancer isn't scum. Newbscum doesnt L-1 themselves early on the game.
Unless they have an IC coaching them pre-game not to worry about it.
In post 170, Accountant wrote:This vote confirms PP as town.
I don't get why you're buddying me.
In post 187, Accountant wrote:
In post 186, PenguinPower wrote:I'm getting a really bad feeling that Accountant may be scum leading the town.
TRUST

YOU GOTTA HAVE TRUST

(also, why would I bother switching off Icy if I was scum)
Can't trust an IC who is buddying me. You swapped off Icy because it makes you look more towny.
In post 223, Accountant wrote:Huntress is the only scum I'm 100% absolutely sure of. Vote her or me, pick your side.
In post 224, Accountant wrote:If Huntress flips town, I want everyone to lynch me tomorrow.
I'm actually wanting to do this as the inverse.
In post 232, Accountant wrote:To be blunt, I don't think the setup is relevant right now.
Agreed, but I can't shake the feeling that you and Shadow are scumbuddies. More confident in you.

Late Wednesday night I started to get the feeling (based on town involvement) that Accountant and I were town on town. I hate Accountants game, and won't vote because I feel Accountant and Huntress is likely town on town also.

Accountant: Are you so tied up in your own game, that you can't see what's happening? Shadow posted that Penguin was his strongest town read. The way he sheeps people that's a huge concern! Penguin voted you while Huntress and I had votes on you. Of course he didn't call L-1. (because were just not doing that this game) I dropped my vote on you so Shadow couldn't derphammer you! Now Penguin has moved his vote back to Huntress.

Your support of him seems to hinge on him being so bad of a player that he is incapable of changing his play style from game to game?

Are you as sure of Huntress being scum as you were of me?
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #34) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:17 am

Post by Icy »

In post 265, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 262, Icy wrote:I dropped my vote on you so Shadow couldn't derphammer you!
Or, if Huntress flips town, because you're scum buddies with Accountant.
In post 262, Icy wrote:Your support of him seems to hinge on him being so bad of a player that he is incapable of changing his play style from game to game?
Ouch. That hurts my feelings. I don't have a defined play style yet. I've only been here three months.
Accountant and I are the scum team........ARE YOU HIGH?????

I complement you and it hurts your feelings......I gotta quit playing this game for today, my heads starting to hurt.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #35) » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:06 am

Post by Icy »

In post 278, Accountant wrote:Just play the game, guys. Humor me on this. Also, anyone who's trying to say me and Huntress can be town together is scummy. Looks like they're trying to lynch me while keeping their buddy alive.
So now I'm scummy AGAIN.

If I wanted you lynched why did I move my vote off you when you were at L-1?
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #36) » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:16 am

Post by Icy »

In post 249, Huntress wrote:
In post 218, BlackVoid wrote:@Huntress, are you arguing that Accountant and Scarlet are partnered? Who are your other scumreads?
No, although that is a possibility. I think the likeliest partner for Accountant at the moment is you but I don't have an individual scum read on you.

Other reads: Still unsure about Icy but I don't think he is partner to Accountant due to the fact that Accountant didn't unvote when Icy was at L-1, which was a bit risky with a player missing. Possible scum team in BlackVoid and Icy if Accountant isn't scum. Penguin, Shadow and Scarlet look like town although the latter two have been playing the newbie card a bit which makes me wary of them.

Town

Penguin
Scarlet
Shadow
BlackVoid
Icy
Accountant

Scum
Huntress what the hell is up with this post. First you say Blackvoid is most likely Accountants partner, then you list Accountant and I as most likely scum?

Care to explain that to me?
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #37) » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:39 am

Post by Icy »

In post 286, Accountant wrote:I didn't name any names :^) I don't see how you jumped to that conclusion

But seriously, play the game. Do it. Take a side, don't be a wuss. You know one of us is scum. Don't try to claim we're both town, because that's impossible.
Seriously.....I refuse to play your game!

Who is your scum team now that Scarlet is voting Huntress, L-1 buy the way.

PS: just posting that for me because it's a pet peeve, and yes I do realize no one else gives a shit
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (isolation #38) » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:17 am

Post by Icy »

@mhsnith0 I don't see where Huntress moved off of Accountant
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #39) » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:39 am

Post by Icy »

In post 290, Accountant wrote:I dunno. I could see BlackVoid as an edge case, perhaps.
Or maybe Scarlet is trying to bus.

The only reason you'd refuse to play is if you think both me and Huntress are town. Why do you thinrk that?
Maybe nothing!!!! For crying out loud admit it, your POE scum team is wrong.

Black has intent to hammer.

At this point I believe the Scum team is likely voting with you.

If Huntress turns town, you are for sure the day three lynch and town loses.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #40) » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:53 am

Post by Icy »

In post 296, Accountant wrote:WTF leads you to believe my poe is wrong???
You really believe that Scarlet is throwing his partner under the bus?
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (isolation #41) » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:05 am

Post by Icy »

In post 300, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 298, Icy wrote:
Why isn't your vote on Scarlet?
Until this silly game is over I will remain a no-vote.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #42) » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:29 am

Post by Icy »

In post 303, Accountant wrote:
In post 302, Icy wrote:
In post 300, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 298, Icy wrote:
Why isn't your vote on Scarlet?
Until this silly game is over I will remain a no-vote.
WHAT

Ok listen up

a no-vote is a terrible idea

objectively a terrible idea

you're taking away info from town because they can't look at what wagons you're on

and you lose a chance to vote your scumreads, even if they're wrong

there's literally 0 reason for you to no-vote

plz get your head back in the game and stop with this temper tantrum "I don't like accountatn's game so I won't play!" thing
Ok, I see your point, but I still won't vote for someone I believe to be town

VOTE: Penguin
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #43) » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:59 am

Post by Icy »

Reason 1: Day 1 derphammer (his word)
In post 194, PenguinPower wrote:I suspect everyone, that's why I'm asking questions. Did I strongly suspect he was scum? Well...did I put my vote down?
Reason 2: For four days he doged me with you, but never strongly suspected me? Pull his ISO and look for any scum hunting. He knew I was town but wanted the dirt on your hands.

In post 208, PenguinPower wrote:Why am I your strongest townread?
Reason 3: Questions Shadow, but now knows it's likely Shadow will sheep him.

In post 169, Accountant wrote:Shadowlancer isn't scum. Newbscum doesnt L-1 themselves early on the game.
In post 186, PenguinPower wrote:I'm getting a really bad feeling that Accountant may be scum leading the town.
TRUST

YOU GOTTA HAVE TRUST

Can't trust an IC who is buddying me. You swapped off Icy because it makes you look more towny.
In post 223, Accountant wrote:Huntress is the only scum I'm 100% absolutely sure of. Vote her or me, pick your side.
In post 224, Accountant wrote:If Huntress flips town, I want everyone to lynch me tomorrow.
In post 232, Accountant wrote:To be blunt, I don't think the setup is relevant right now.
Agreed, but I can't shake the feeling that you and Shadow are scumbuddies. More confident in you.

Reason 4: Votes you, (and puts you at L-1 buy the way...not that anyone cares) but I unvote you before Shadow gets a chance to sheep.

In post 257, PenguinPower wrote:F it.

Gut says Accountant. My gut is usually wrong.

VOTE: Huntress
Reason 5: Swaps to Huntress for no apparent reason

In post 265, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 262, Icy wrote:I dropped my vote on you so Shadow couldn't derphammer you!
Or, if Huntress flips town, because you're scum buddies with Accountant.
In post 262, Icy wrote:Your support of him seems to hinge on him being so bad of a player that he is incapable of changing his play style from game to game?
Ouch. That hurts my feelings. I don't have a defined play style yet. I've only been here three months.
In post 305, PenguinPower wrote:Icy is becoming a strong contender for scum #2.
Reason 6: Setting me up for lynch day 3 if he has trouble lynching you
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #44) » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:09 am

Post by Icy »

In post 247, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 245, Accountant wrote:
I'm okay with this. Let me outline the rules of the Accountant Game.

The Accountant Game

TWO PLAYERS ENTER

ONE PLAYER LEAVE

IT'S TIME TO RUMBLE

Rules:

- You can only vote either
Accountant
or
Huntress
today. Anyone who doesn't vote one of these two options is either scum or a big weenie nya nya!
- Hint: you should vote
Huntress
- If you do end up voting
Accountant
, you
must
lynch
Huntress
after
Accountant
flips town. Everyone in this game has to look me in the metaphorical eyes and promise me this.
Huntress
cannot be town together with
Accountant
, because if that was the case mafia would sheep
Accountant
and then mislynch me the next day after
Huntress
flips town.
- No voters are a big weenie nya nya as well! If you're town, you shouldn't be afraid to stand firm and declare your side!
UNVOTE:
STOP TEARING MY MIND APART!!!!

I like the game.
Want to hear more from Huntress.
Oh, and I forgot this beauty
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (isolation #45) » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:26 am

Post by Icy »

In post 311, Accountant wrote:why is that scum?
My point of view, what scum wouldn't love a game pitting two townee's against each other.

I guess I just don't see your case on Huntress. Maybe I just don't want to see it.

Your defense of Penguin also seems solely based on his other games.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (isolation #46) » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:34 am

Post by Icy »

In post 315, Shadowlancerx wrote:
In post 291, BlackVoid wrote:
In post 274, Shadowlancerx wrote:I still read accountant as town, but I don't trust my reads at this point. I don't trust anything at this point. And I have to know if I've been strung along this hard. A lynch on Accountant gives me closure, and it puts me at a point where I feel better about the game, because either
A. He comes up town, I feel that much stronger about Huntress.
B. He comes up scum and we are that much closer to winning.
I can understand the thought process here to a certain extent but if you feel strongly about Huntress and townread Accountant, you should just be lynching Huntress without the Accountant detour.
I've been following all game, never leading with my own thoughts, own ideas. Whatever happens today, my vote is about me needing to make a choice on my own behalf. I need to be able to make my own mistakes, not sheep someone else's.
At this point, the only thing I feel strongly about is wanted to avoid further manipulation, for good or for ill, and just be me, and maybe make a difference.
In post 308, Icy wrote:Reason 4: Votes you, (and puts you at L-1 buy the way...not that anyone cares) but I unvote you before Shadow gets a chance to sheep.
This really bothers me.
Of all the things I have said this game, the one that should shine through is my caution over L-1 and lynches in general. I've pointed out other L-1s, and I have no interest in quickhammers or lynches without a claim and serious consideration/collaboration of everyone
. I'll freely admit that I've been sheeping and not trusting myself (and I have every intent not to anymore), but to say you were truly worried about a quickhammer from me? Just no.
You are absolutely right, you have and I commend you for it.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #47) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:38 am

Post by Icy »

TRUST

YOU GOTTA HAVE TRUST

Now that we know Penguin was town this whole post becomes relevant. Also let us not forget that
Townee Huntress
died with her vote on Accountant.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #48) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:52 am

Post by Icy »

In post 338, Accountant wrote:You were pushing that me and Huntress were both town earlier. What changed? In fact, you claimed Mafia would push me after Huntress flipped town.
My reads were based on Penguin being Scum.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (isolation #49) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:17 am

Post by Icy »

In post 338, Accountant wrote:You were pushing that me and Huntress were both town earlier. What changed? In fact, you claimed Mafia would push me after Huntress flipped town.
Read the thread, I only moved my vote off you when I was sure Penguin was Scum.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (isolation #50) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:40 am

Post by Icy »

The two things that bother me the most are your move off me, and this quote.
In post 139, Accountant wrote:

By the way, this is an argument for town!Accountant being bad and telling the scum players who to kill, because it presumes that scum are killing people based on how much they're being townread; of course for this line of logic to make sense, the person doing the townreading(ie. me) has to be town themselves.

I thought you were scumreading me, Icy.
Do you subconsciously know I'm not a member of the scumteam?
Penguin mentioned town credit, but that only works if I'm night killed. (likely your plan when you moved off me) Given my late game support of you it's likely you went after someone who was unsure of you instead. I can't think of any other reason for you to walk away from me.

Your quote above is also troubling. If I were Scum I'd know your alliance. That was a Scum slip.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (isolation #51) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:59 am

Post by Icy »

If town Accountant said that then she truly believed I was a town, yet her vote remained on me for another 24 hrs.

Look Accountant, you voted Bliss, you voted Huntress, and you spend 4 days hounding me. Your either Scum, or a townee having a VERY bad game.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (isolation #52) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:07 am

Post by Icy »

In post 352, Accountant wrote:Oh, and that's not a scumslip. I said "subconsciously" to imply that you were scum who subconsciously "knew"(without consciously doing it) that I was town and inadvertently let that fact color your words.

And that's not just a scum lie perpetrated by me; PP also said that was his interpretation of the line.
So does your subconscious still think that Huntress is Scum. Regardless of how you or Penguin read it, the statement bothers me.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (isolation #53) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:18 am

Post by Icy »

Point is subconscious has no play in Scums mind, they know all players alignments.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (isolation #54) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:27 am

Post by Icy »

Two things:

I) It would help me if you would use the IC color when making IC posts.

2) How do we trust a PR claim?
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (isolation #55) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:37 am

Post by Icy »

So everyone agrees I should claim, I'm the
Town Tracker
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (isolation #56) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:38 am

Post by Icy »

In post 331, Accountant wrote:Currently two scum remain alive -
I think Icy and Shadow are town, which means Black and Scarlet must be scum, the dirty connivers.

No matter who you think is scum, please don't make a vote yet. This is LyLo, and there's really no benefit to voting someone.
In post 334, Accountant wrote:
In post 332, BlackVoid wrote:Saying I'm scum with Scarlet is odd given I've been pushing him most of the game. Scarlet probably is scum though and I'm not sure who the partner is so I'm going to have to look over interactions.

@Scarlet, why did you vote Huntress when you said that Accountant was more suspicious?
Okay, let's lynch Scarlet together. Maybe I'm wrong about you.
Accountant I'm growing more and more uncomfortable with you. One hour after "Black must be Scum" you claim you were maybe wrong about him. At that point who was Scarlets partner?
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (isolation #57) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:10 am

Post by Icy »

Any scum paring would have discussed today during night, and be willing to throw their partner under the bus if things started looked bad.

I don't share Accountants need to rush this along.

Also if I were scum (given the pool of townees last night) I would have night killed Accountant. Did anyone see something in Penguin's posts that made him look like a PR?
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (isolation #58) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:41 am

Post by Icy »

Scum Shadow at the time of his vote was the second vote on Accountant. If Accountant got a third Shadow could have just unvoted.

Not sure if townee Shadow was voting Accountant because he really believed Account was scum. He could have voted there just so he wouldn't be accused of sheeping Penguin.

No idea ....yet
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (isolation #59) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:56 am

Post by Icy »

I will say this. Accountant said earlier, something to the effect of a scum team wouldn't vote the same person back to back. He then said this morning the team was likely Black,Scarlet. If you look back at the day one lynch Black's slot and Scarlet are the one/two votes on Bliss.

Just sayin
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (isolation #60) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:02 am

Post by Icy »

In post 395, hinanawiscarlet wrote:
In post 393, Icy wrote:
Also if I were scum (given the pool of townees last night) I would have night killed Accountant. Did anyone see something in Penguin's posts that made him look like a PR?
No, I think scum wouldn't kill Accountant, as he might get lynched the next day for his "If I'm wrong, lynch me." But of course that didn't happen today.

That confidence of Accountant also what sparks my suspicions on him.

However, as I reread Huntress' posts, I found it weird that she would suddenly votes for Icy. The only reason I can think of is because almost half of the players trusted PP's accident banhammer through phone, so she sheeps Icy, trying to mislynch him. And that, in my opinion, makes a far sensible scumtell

Also, no tracking log from our tracker?
Believe me if my tracking log showed anything, I'd be standing on a chair screaming it.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (isolation #61) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by Icy »

Good game folks. Seems really unfair to play against 3 scum when your only looking for 2. Maybe someday I'll play a game with Accountant and actually trust him!

Never got a scum vibe from Scarlet, but I was positive Penguin was Scum. Also didn't know the Scum team got to talk before game on, that was a real OH SHIT moment for me, and threw Shadow back into the mix in a hurry.

Thanks for modding mhsmith0.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”