Newbie 1742 Earth - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:27 am

Post by Icy »

In post 90, Huntress wrote:: There's no way a player can convince you they are town just like that.

: This question feels like a diversion tactic.

: It didn't bother you in your previous game to vote for someone who already had votes on them, so why does it now?

Vote: Icy
After rereading my posts I guess I see where you think it bothered me to vote Penguin, that's not the case. It was Accountants vote and reason for that vote that swung my vote to him.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:36 am

Post by Icy »

In post 98, Accountant wrote:So Icy responds fairly promptly earlier on, then goes quiet when the hard questions are asked? Inactivity isn't a scumtell, but convenient inactivity in response to pressure is.
That's just not true. I wasn't aware that I was to be available 24/7 when I subbed in. I usually only play in the morning. I'll try to log in more often.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:50 am

Post by Icy »

In post 97, hinanawiscarlet wrote:
In post 78, Icy wrote:Anyone have any strong feelings on Vampirate getting killed?
I agree that this question feels like a distraction, and not adding to town.
Not a distraction at all. I felt after reading day one that either Vampirate, or Shadowlancerx would be the night kill.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:51 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 99, Icy wrote:
In post 89, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 83, Icy wrote:If there wasn't a vote on him already I would have voted there.
Why wouldn't you put another vote on me if you think I'm scum?
Your day one play warranted some questions/ and or votes on day two. When I logged in Huntress had already voted you and Accountant voted her. Accountant's vote and reason for the vote seemed to me like it could have been used on anyone who voted you. That's why I voted him instead of you.
How does my reasoning being applicable to anyone who voted Penguin imply that your vote would be better placed on me instead of Penguin?
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:52 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 102, Icy wrote:
In post 78, Icy wrote:Anyone have any strong feelings on Vampirate getting killed?
Not a distraction at all. I felt after reading day one that either Vampirate, or Shadowlancerx would be the night kill.
So, uh, what conclusions have you come to from thinking that Vampirate would die then Vampirate dying?

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:58 am

Post by Icy »

Accountant, have you decided everyone on Blix's wagon is town or was this post to everyone else?
In post 57, Accountant wrote:Don't fall into the trap of lynching only from Blix's wagon - it's too early and too erratic to conclude that scum HAS to be pushing it. I would definitely take a good hard look at everyone on it though.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:16 am

Post by Icy »

In post 103, Accountant wrote:
In post 99, Icy wrote:
In post 89, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 83, Icy wrote:If there wasn't a vote on him already I would have voted there.
Why wouldn't you put another vote on me if you think I'm scum?
Your day one play warranted some questions/ and or votes on day two. When I logged in Huntress had already voted you and Accountant voted her. Accountant's vote and reason for the vote seemed to me like it could have been used on anyone who voted you. That's why I voted him instead of you.
How does my reasoning being applicable to anyone who voted Penguin imply that your vote would be better placed on me instead of Penguin?
You vote reason on Huntress was lame. I believe you would have voted and used that same reasoning on any townee that voted Penguin.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:30 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 105, Icy wrote:Accountant, have you decided everyone on Blix's wagon is town or was this post to everyone else?
In post 57, Accountant wrote:Don't fall into the trap of lynching only from Blix's wagon - it's too early and too erratic to conclude that scum HAS to be pushing it. I would definitely take a good hard look at everyone on it though.
Not sure what you're saying. I don't think people on Blix's wagon are scummier than anyone else.

mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:50 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Votecount 2.02Image

Icy(2)
Accountant, Shadowlancerx
Accountant(1)
Icy

Not Voting (4)
nmego12345, hinanawiscarlet, lollipop-kun, Huntress

Deadline is on Saturday, October 8th: (expired on 2016-10-08 16:00:00)

Looking for a replacement for nmego12345.

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch!
[/size]
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:09 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

BlackVoid replaces nmego12345 effective immediately.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:45 pm

Post by Shadowlancerx »

These two statements seem to contradict each other, you agree with Huntress' train of thought about Penguin, but accountant is the reason you voted? If you really agreed with Huntress, it wouldn't matter what accountant had said at that point, would it?
In post 75, Icy wrote:I agree with Huntress's train of thought.

I believe Penguin didn't really care what the vote count was.
In post 100, Icy wrote:
After rereading my posts I guess I see where you think it bothered me to vote Penguin, that's not the case. It was Accountants vote and reason for that vote that swung my vote to him.
Am I missing something?
hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:15 pm

Post by hinanawiscarlet »

In post 102, Icy wrote:
Are you trying to say that since Vampirate's posts is an obvs townpost, a maf would kill him?

Also I don't think you answered the millennium question: if you think that both PP and Accountant is scum, why would you vote for someone with less votes? You should be putting the pressure on PP, not Accountant.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:40 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Hi everyone. I'm caught up with the game.

Regarding the end-of-D1 hammer by PenguinPower, I could see it going any of three ways: town accidentally hammering, scum accidentally hammering, or scum hammering on purpose. What I find striking is that he's receiving far less attention than I would have expected if he was town given it's an easy thing for scum to push on. I could see scum ending the day early given the lack of discussion hurts town and I have trouble seeing how he missed that Blix900 gave an L-1 warning. He keeps asking what possible reason he had for hammering which looks like a lot of wifom.

@Accountant, you were saying earlier that Penguin isn't the kind of scum that would talk himself out of pressure. What do you make of the fact that he hasn't received all that much pressure in the first place? Even if it was an accident, he could still be scum that made a mistake unless you subscribe to the "scum-are-more-careful" theory. Is there a reason you are dismissing him as town?

@HinanawiScarlet, same question. Do you think Penguin accidentally voting Blix900 says anything about his alignment?

@Icy, can you explain this:
In post 100, Icy wrote:I guess I see where you think it bothered me to vote Penguin, that's not the case. It was Accountants vote and reason for that vote that swung my vote to him.
In the first quote, you say that you would have voted Penguin if there wasn't already a vote on him implying that you preferred voting Penguin over Accountant but didn't do so only because there was already a vote on Penguin. But in the second quote, you say that you weren't bothered and preferred an Accountant vote. Can you explain the discrepancy?

I suspect Penguin and Icy could be scum which is one of the reasons I want people explaining their townreads on Penguin more.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:05 pm

Post by Accountant »

What do you make of the fact that he hasn't received all that much pressure in the first place? Even if it was an accident, he could still be scum that made a mistake unless you subscribe to the "scum-are-more-careful" theory. Is there a reason you are dismissing him as town?
I think Penguin is a conservative player, and wouldn't do something as risky as quickhammering Day 1. Site rules prevent me from saying too much, but you can check his previous finished games and judge for yourself.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:07 pm

Post by Accountant »

BlackVoid, you should totally vote Icy.

Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:53 am

Post by Icy »

In post 112, BlackVoid wrote:Hi everyone. I'm caught up with the game.

Regarding the end-of-D1 hammer by PenguinPower, I could see it going any of three ways: town accidentally hammering, scum accidentally hammering, or scum hammering on purpose. What I find striking is that he's receiving far less attention than I would have expected if he was town given it's an easy thing for scum to push on. I could see scum ending the day early given the lack of discussion hurts town and I have trouble seeing how he missed that Blix900 gave an L-1 warning. He keeps asking what possible reason he had for hammering which looks like a lot of wifom.

@Accountant, you were saying earlier that Penguin isn't the kind of scum that would talk himself out of pressure. What do you make of the fact that he hasn't received all that much pressure in the first place? Even if it was an accident, he could still be scum that made a mistake unless you subscribe to the "scum-are-more-careful" theory. Is there a reason you are dismissing him as town?

@HinanawiScarlet, same question. Do you think Penguin accidentally voting Blix900 says anything about his alignment?

@Icy, can you explain this:
In post 100, Icy wrote:I guess I see where you think it bothered me to vote Penguin, that's not the case. It was Accountants vote and reason for that vote that swung my vote to him.
In the first quote, you say that you would have voted Penguin if there wasn't already a vote on him implying that you preferred voting Penguin over Accountant but didn't do so only because there was already a vote on Penguin. But in the second quote, you say that you weren't bothered and preferred an Accountant vote. Can you explain the discrepancy?

I suspect Penguin and Icy could be scum which is one of the reasons I want people explaining their townreads on Penguin more.
Welcome to the game Blackvoid.

Let me try to explain where I'm at.

I subbed into the game after day one. My problem with Penguin is obviously his day one lynch vote, at the very least it was careless.

My problem with Accountant was his post 26 stating that it is customary to call out L-1, then with his vote not doing so. Not only that but if you skim the thread its easy to miss his L-1 vote because it's somewhat hidden with a vote on player a followed by a comment on player b.
Adding to that, I have a problem with Accountant calling out possible townee posts day one. If he isn't controlling the night kill he is at the very least influencing it.

Now lets move to day 2. My intention when logging in was to vote Penguin. Had there been no posts when I logged in I would have voted him, but there were two posts. Huntress vote on penguin which I had no problem with and Accountants vote on Huntress which was not a big problem but the reasoning behind the vote was weak. It appeared to me that he would have used that same reason on any townee that voted Penguin.

The reason for his vote along with his questionable game play day 1 changed my vote intention from Penguin to Accountant. A vote by anyone on Penguin would not have swayed he voting him, and at the end of the day I could/would change my vote to him if anyone can convince me that he is the better vote.

I hope this answers others questions as well.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:13 am

Post by Accountant »

everything icy just said is a lie

prove me wrong

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:38 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 115, Icy wrote:Had there been no posts when I logged in I would have voted him, but there were two posts. Huntress vote on penguin which I had no problem with and Accountants vote on Huntress which was not a big problem but the reasoning behind the vote was weak.
I don't get this. Why was Accountant's reasoning weak...it actually seems fairly strong to me.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:09 am

Post by Huntress »

In post 98, Accountant wrote:So Icy responds fairly promptly earlier on, then goes quiet when the hard questions are asked? Inactivity isn't a scumtell, but convenient inactivity in response to pressure is.
Icy has been posting around the same time every day, so where was the inactivity?

In post 101, Icy wrote:That's just not true. I wasn't aware that I was to be available 24/7 when I subbed in. I usually only play in the morning. I'll try to log in more often.
It's ok if you can't be on all the time as long as you can post at least once or twice a day. Some players like to post a lot more but it's not a requirement.
In post 102, Icy wrote:Not a distraction at all. I felt after reading day one that either Vampirate, or Shadowlancerx would be the night kill.
What reactions or responses were you looking for when you raised the subject?
In post 115, Icy wrote:... the reasoning behind the vote was weak. It appeared to me that he would have used that same reason on any townee that voted Penguin.
Why is that a reason for voting him? To give the same reaction to the same action, whichever player made it, doesn't read as scummy to me. Yes, the reason was weak, but it's unusual to have strong reasons for voting anyone on page three of a game.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:39 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

UNVOTE:
I'm not sure about Icy anymore. He could be completely full of crap, but accountant's last two posts have seemed rather out of character and almost like he feels like he's beat Icy, which shouldn't be his goal, it should be to push the town toward a win. Help me out here accountant?
Icy, you're not out of the woods yet, but I'm not confident enough to press forward with a lynch.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:52 am

Post by Accountant »

Icy is scum, so beating Icy is pushing town towards a win. Not sure what you don't understand. Brief posts because I'm drowsy and stressed and tired of lazy scum throwing shade.

Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:31 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 120, Accountant wrote:Brief posts because I'm drowsy and stressed and tired of lazy scum throwing shade.
This explains your recent posts tone.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:34 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

Icy: I'm going to do some re-reading later today and re submit my vote unless I find something I missed before.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:33 am

Post by Icy »

In post 117, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 115, Icy wrote:Had there been no posts when I logged in I would have voted him, but there were two posts. Huntress vote on penguin which I had no problem with and Accountants vote on Huntress which was not a big problem but the reasoning behind the vote was weak.
I don't get this. Why was Accountant's reasoning weak...it actually seems fairly strong to me.
What at that point, or for that matter even up till now has Huntress posted that warrants a vote? I truly believe that had I placed a lynch vote on someone that early day one you would have voted me.

Now let me ask you, or for that matter anyone a question? I seem to be getting votes because of my support of you, (which by the way I do not) yet Accountant seems to be openly supporting you and yet no votes on him. Is my case on him without merit?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:51 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 123, Icy wrote:What at that point, or for that matter even up till now has Huntress posted that warrants a vote?
Out of the gate vote on me we weak reasoning (I've been around long enough) that scum!PP would have quickhammered. That's poor logic that would appeal the emotion of newbies, and sets me up for a mislynch. Huge win for scum. Huntress has been around long enough (like what I did there?) to know that only dumb!scum would quickhammer that early into a game. Not even enough time to try and suss out PRs. At worst, she should have known it was NAI.
In post 123, Icy wrote:I truly believe that had I placed a lynch vote on someone that early day one you would have voted me.
Probably wouldn't have. At least, not for that reason.
In post 123, Icy wrote:Is my case on him without merit?
I assume you mean this:
Spoiler: The Case!
In post 115, Icy wrote:My problem with Accountant was his post 26 stating that it is customary to call out L-1, then with his vote not doing so. Not only that but if you skim the thread its easy to miss his L-1 vote because it's somewhat hidden with a vote on player a followed by a comment on player b.
Adding to that, I have a problem with Accountant calling out possible townee posts day one. If he isn't controlling the night kill he is at the very least influencing it.

I think it's weak. I think not calling L-1 is NAI at this point, and there are some players who advocate never calling L-1. I think it's important in newbie games though. Point to some examples of "calling out possible townee posts day one" and explain how he is controlling/influencing the NK.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”