Newbie 1792 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:03 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

actually brie can you talk to me about what swayed you on drixx?

what about him sounded town initially?

pedit: uh
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:04 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Drixx, uh. It's not at all unreasonable for us to be given a deadline extension given that theoretically a player ought to have been replaced and thus an extension granted before the deadline was hit.

Is this really the kind of scum win that you want to fight to receive?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:22 am

Post by Drixx »

Don't lecture me RC. The game literally ended. jmj3k wouldn't vote me. Time ran out. The game was over and the mod came back and claimed to have done a bunch of things in secret and declared the game NOT actually over. I chose not to post based upon the parameters of the game.

The reason I went to the listmods is between me and Zaicon. I just wanted to get his attention since a PM apparently didn't do the job.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:24 am

By the 'rules' jmj should have been replaced. By strict adherence to the rules he would have been replaced and we would have roflstomped you but I don't see you complaining that he wasn't replaced

Rules have flexibility for a reason Drixx.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:25 am

i know i'm biased but i really dont think it's fair to end the game when a slot hasnt posted in four days and it seems as though it wasnt prodded

technically i should have been in the game a day before the actual deadline but i'm here now

let's just keep going
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:25 am

Post by Drixx »

I mean ... I could have jumped in and voted someone else and got a win that way. I decided to proceed that way I did for
very specific
reasons. I wanted to win by deadline expiration, because that would give me an opportunity to discuss the deadline and what to do when it's LYLO and the deadline is coming and things like that. There was like half a day left and the opportunity to go a different route to win popped up, but once it was clear jmj3k wasn't going to vote me, I didn't see any reason to screw around with it, and I saw an opportunity to try and promote healthier play.

Getting punished for that feels bad, even in a newbie game.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:26 am

Feels bad? how fucking bad do you think it felt that I specifically told Zaicon to prod Jmj as soon as he hit 48 hours, he went well past 72 hours and was thus required by game rules to be force replaced, and he wasn't?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:27 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 928, RadiantCowbells wrote:By the 'rules' jmj should have been replaced. By strict adherence to the rules he would have been replaced and we would have roflstomped you but I don't see you complaining that he wasn't replaced

Rules have flexibility for a reason Drixx.
Lots of slots go beyond prod timers all the time. In fact ... there was discussion about just lynching the slot, but I didn't want to do it that way. Felt dirty.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:28 am

Post by Drixx »

See ... like no matter what happens now, the game is a mess and wrecked, and we're arguing over nothing worthwhile.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:29 am

@___@

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:29 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 931, RadiantCowbells wrote:Feels bad? how fucking bad do you think it felt that I specifically told Zaicon to prod Jmj as soon as he hit 48 hours, he went well past 72 hours and was thus required by game rules to be force replaced, and he wasn't?
Preaching to the choir about PMing Zaicon and getting silence in response man.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:29 am

Lots of slots do: lots of games get deadline extensions.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:31 am

And there's a difference between simply being past your prod timer and a town-aligned player specifically requesting their prod because they correctly anticipated that they would flake on deadline.

Anyway. I don't think this is an argument we should have here. We can discuss it later.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:56 am

Post by TheBrie »

In post 925, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:actually brie can you talk to me about what swayed you on drixx?

what about him sounded town initially?

pedit: uh
He was widely town read and sounded convincing. But I never quite felt sure about him. Then RC peesented his evidence and I saw reason to take him as town.
If Drixx was town, you would have hammered when you came on, so I know he's scum now.

And I'm pretty sure you're town.
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

Jingle when I was SK: Wish TB would have won though, she was obvtown.
Silliest line from my best game: But neither of you seem that smart.
As scum: RC could be scum.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:00 pm

anyway if the game's going to continue

looking at jmj's interactions with drixx i think it makes sense that they wind up bussing?

it's hard to really pull together any interactions jmj had with drixx but he seems to be all over the place with drixx
In post 233, jmj3000 wrote: Drixx hasn't really said much. He points out the gamebreaking strat, and proceeds to also say when the claim should happen. I don't like that. Also, doing a reaction test like he did, then just giving a barebones explanation doesn't sit well with me, but he hasn't said enough for me to get a solid read.
like his initial read is a scumread - first two things i dont really think are alignment indicative. the third point makes sense but this thought process is never really touched up on again
In post 501, jmj3000 wrote: @Drixx: I'm going to hold off on voting until everyone has posted, but am I right in thinking we are on the same page on who we think is scum, and that they did a certain thing to bait out something else/signal someone to do a certain thing?
In post 518, jmj3000 wrote:
In post 517, Drixx wrote:I'd like to know as well. It feels to me like there's a very high possibility that jmj3000 is trying to set things up so that if he's "wrong", he can say he concluded X because of Y that I said. Sometimes there's a good reason to be circumspect. This doesn't strike me as one of those times.
It feels like he was fishing for a soft claim by questioning the lack of kill by assuming there was a doc/jailkeep. He then proceeds to try to get a possible one-shot BP to claim, as if he knows there one, or has a buddy set up to claim it. All this, coupled with what I mentioned yesterday, make me confident that he is scum.
and the one-sidedness feel of this interaction seems off

why isn't jmj off put by drixx scumreading him for agreeing with him? like... he just kind of rolls over it and continues the interaction like it's completely normal

plus in 501 the way hes building rapport with drixx doesnt really make sense with the rest of his thoughts during the game
In post 830, jmj3000 wrote:Drixx, why have you relied so much on tells from the wiki this game?
and then the read doesn't resurface ever again until lylo and it's a really weak scumread at best

so it's probably jmj/drixx but i haven't read lore yet and i want to see how brie interacts with me

rc doesn't make sense as a drixx partner in the slightest

pedit: hey brie!

i dont really know if it's just us finding different things AI or what but i dont really see how drixx's stuff was convincing in the slightest from an iso - can you try to point to something you liked? i guess in retrospect this is a weird question since he's confscum but i tend to get reads via thought processes and from looking at the last few pages this was the only notable transition in thought process that seemed worth poking at

also, is your townread on me more from jmj being scum my or from sad?

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:01 pm

Brie please don't vote anyone no matter what.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:02 pm

she's already voting drixx?

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:03 pm

That vote is fine.

Please don't vote either giga or jmj no matter how sure you are.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:29 pm

Post by TheBrie »

I'm not going to move from Conf scum to prob scum. I could construe giga's actions as scum doing a really good job of cautious townie to make us lose tomorrow.

About my original town lean of Drixx, I really wasn't feeling the game when I was reading and ISOing. I think it was mostly Drixx's helpful IC things. Though that was in part what made me wary of him.
Basically i was lost and followed the person who was most emphatic, until I figured out what was going on.
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

Jingle when I was SK: Wish TB would have won though, she was obvtown.
Silliest line from my best game: But neither of you seem that smart.
As scum: RC could be scum.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:30 pm

actually that makes a lot of sense

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:30 pm

yeah this feels pretty straightforward to me

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:37 pm

Post by Drixx »

I do owe the game an apology. I generally play scum really well. As in ... WAY better than here. The problem was I drew scum simultaneously out in one of the queues (game is finished: Gold Miner $laughter), and then had the minor surgery. The meds they put me on after that were really strong, so I had these small windows of time to play, and I kept coming back to this game and either NOTHING had happened, or A WHOLE LOT had happened, and when a lot had happened, I saw a bunch of missed opportunities. By the time I came off the medication, my goose was pretty cooked.

The site is kind of short on IC players right now, and so long as I can fulfill the actual job (answering questions about the game and basic theory), I won't replace out and put extra stress on the system.

I will apologize when my game wasn't as fun for you all as it should have been tho.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:45 pm

i mean generally with scum i would just play to my audience and you did fine with that

no one really should have to apologize here imo, i think zaicon could have been more transparent with mod activities but apathy is a really common thing in the newbie queue and micros in general - a majority of the playerbase has to be engaged for the game to move and newbies are inevitably going to flake. which imo is what killed the game

FvrVain1
FvrVain1
Townie
FvrVain1
Townie
Townie

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:38 pm

Post by FvrVain1 »

Can I post since this game is like done already?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:46 pm

No, you may not.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”